Young Writers Society

Character Art - PlanMo/Camp NaNo April 2023

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:50 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Character Art

As a bonus incentive to complete the character questionnaire (the last PlanMo challenge), I'll be drawing one character each for the first five people to fill it out and post the link in this thread! If you've completed the questionnaire for multiple characters, please also mention which character you'd like to be drawn. ^^

Sample artwork: mint's doodles & photos

Spoiler! :

Art will be completed in around 2-3 days and posted on your wall. :] Looking forward to seeing your character questionnaires! Happy PlanMo'ing!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:42 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

CHARACTER ART! ME ME ME. Your samples are sooo adorable! I would absolutely love it if you'd draw one of my characters. I filled out my character sheet for Sam, linked here: Camp April 23: The Traveling Tea Party. Thanks so much for doing this!
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:38 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

HI. I did the character profile, mwhahaha!

Since you've read like... Books 1-3, you can totally read the spoilers. XD Camp Nano '23: The Last Conqueror

As far as which one??? Um... hmmmm... I am not sure??? Solea would be kind of boring, probably, because she is so covered up, so maybe either Cyrus or Alainna, maybe?? (Lol, they are like... the grumpiest characters, haha.)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:35 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I did it! The full project thread is here.

Character questionnaire for Nettie Harris of NettieWIP.
Spoiler! :
Name: Nettie Harris
Height: Short
Eye colour: Brown
Physical appearance: Short and stout, with muscular arms and tanned skin and a long, thick, salt-and-pepper braid trailing over her shoulder.
Strange or unique physical attributes: None you'd notice, but she's had a spasm in her back since her mid-forties.
Favourite clothing style/outfit: Favors function and comfort over style. Generally wears a flannel shirt, a long skirt with pockets, and an apron.
Where does he/she live? What is it like there? Godfrey's Hollow, a countryside village of witches and the witch-adjacent. Quaint, cute, gossipy as all heck. Everyone's in everyone's business at all times. People are nice on the surface, but a thousand papercuts sting underneath.
Pet peeves: Gossip and nosy neighbors. Unfortunately, she lives in Godfrey's Hollow.
Hobbies/interests: More businesses than hobbies, but she does legitimately love her bees and gardens.
Insecurities: Can't see why anyone would like her, since she's well aware she doesn't make it easy to do so.
Quirks/eccentricities: The folks of Godfrey's Hollow would consider it eccentric (at best) that she doesn't prefer to socialize.
Temperament: Gruff but kind.
Negative traits: Grumpy, prickly, taciturn, at times flat-out rude, stubborn, refuses to ask for or accept help or even admit she needs it.
Family (describe): Only child to a single mother who taught her all the witchy ways; no clue who her father is and frankly doesn't care; mother died when Nettie was in her forties. Other family is far-flung and remote in an emotional sense as well.
Other people's opinions of this character: Most folks don't care much for her and are kind to her either out of a sense of social currency/niceties or out of respect for her wife, who was a favorite in the village. Nettie is too prickly, grumpy, and unsociable; most folks don't notice that she's also deeply kind. Cal, however, grew up with her and has always recognized that she's mostly just uncomfortable around people, and El is going to be instantly soft for her when she does something kind for him despite the fact that he's practically a stranger at that point.
Favourite bands/songs/types of music: Big band jazz, classical, and folk (either traditional or contemporary).
Favourite movies/TV shows/books: Secretly binges Only Murders in the Building; mostly reads nonfiction books on practical witchery, gardening, and beekeeping.
Favourite foods: Fresh bread, excellent roasted potatoes, and vanilla ice cream.
Dream holiday: A staycation, but all her neighbors are on holiday elsewhere, so she's left alone for a solid week.
Any pets? She keeps bees.
Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Marrying her wife.
Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Losing her wife.
Three words to describe this character: Taciturn, kind, snarky.
If a song played every time this character walked into a room, what song would it be? All I've Ever Known from Hadestown
phpBB [media]

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:05 pm
View Likes
WaffleCat says...

Full thread is here, also posting my questionnaire though!

Spoiler! :
Character questionnaire:
Name: Ivy Dowell
Height: 5'3" (smol with the attitude of a tiny dog that wants to bark at all the bigger dogs)
Eye colour: brown
Physical appearance: short and baby-faced, she's always mistaken for younger than she is. She has freckles across her nose, and her ears are pierced with two lobe piercings on each ear and a cartilage piercing on the left ear. Her hair is naturally dark brown, but she bleaches and dyes it frequently, so she almost always wears it up because it's so fried from the dye.
Strange or unique physical attributes: her hair is currently dyed green/turquoise
Favourite clothing style/outfit: Very fond over oversized sweaters and hoodies. Usually wearing jeans or jogging pants. Her style is very casual and she doesn't really own anything formal or fancy.
Where does he/she live? What is it like there?: she lives in a dorm at Hawthorne College, a university that blends magical and mundane subjects.
Pet peeves: she doesn't like to be told what to do, and often pushes back against authority in unwise ways
Hobbies/interests: rollerskating and DIY enchanting, which is often dangerous, but that's part of the fun
Insecurities: she loves people a lot, especially her friends, but is often insecure and unsure if they care for her as much as she does for them
Quirks/eccentricities: both her parents passed when she was a child, but she has her father's watch and wears it daily; she has a habit of holding onto it when stressed or scared
Temperament: very impulsive and extroverted, can be a little careless at times
Negative traits: often doesn't consider the effects her actions have on others and can be too self-centred
Family (describe): she knows little about her biological parents, who passed when she was a child, but she was raised by Hyacinth Dowell and her wife, Sara, two witches who taught Ivy to use magic and did their best to raise her as their own
Other people's opinions of this character: Ivy can be a hard person to get along with, and she knows this, but those who do like her tend to really like her; she's impulsive and sometimes thoughtless, but loyal to a fault
Favourite bands/songs/types of music: one of the few things she knows about her parents is that they grew up in the late 80s and 90s, so she listens to a lot of music from that era because it comforts her to think her parents might have listened to the same stuff
Favourite movies/TV shows/books: similar to music taste, but she also loves LOTR (books and movies)
Favourite foods: is coffee a food? if not, probably the pumpkin cookies Sara always baked for her in the fall
Dream holiday: I'm reading holiday as like a vacation in this context, so probably something adventurous, like hiking to Machu Picchu or something wild like hanggliding
Any pets?: she feeds the stray cats around campus
Best thing that has ever happened to this character: pre-story, probably meeting her best friend, Birch
Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: I mean, probably her parents dying (sorry, Ivy's parents)
Three words to describe this character: loyal, impulsive, inquisitive
If a song played every time this character walked into a room, what song would it be?: I don't know if it's necessarily *her* song, but Vienna by Billy Joel is what I imagine playing during a pretty pivotal scene she's in, so going with that for now

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:00 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Whew, I barely squeaked by. :P Here's my character questionnaire! Hope you enjoy some of the "special" or trope-y descriptions I added. Thanks for doing this.
Camp NaNo April 2023: Angel Astrid
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:15 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@WaffleCat @Lael
Sorry, school homework overwhelmed me for a bit! I am still very excited to draw your characters, but it'll take me one more day. ^^ I should have them on your walls by tomorrow! Thanks for your patience. <3
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:22 pm
View Likes
WaffleCat says...

@Spearmint no worries at all <3 I'm really grateful for you doing this at all, so please take your time!

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill