Young Writers Society

July Camp NaNo 2022: The Heirs of Eleas

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:46 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 5

I worked on Elithia's profile and I finished all but a handful of points.
Character Profiles completed: 0.85

I have been using the character profile list from the PlanMo thread and I wrote out her "Best thing that has happened to this character" and it is this:
It’s hard for her to say. Her life felt quite ordinary before and then it just went mostly downhill.

I would like to share a couple more songs that have also been inspiring for my story and also just very pleasant to listen to. Enspoilered for length:
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:58 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 6 and 7

Finished Elithia’s profile. :) Tomorrow it’s on to Annora.
Character Profiles Completed: 1
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

81 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:16 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 8

Worked a bit on Annora and Casnar’s profiles. Fixed a point in Elithia’s.

81 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:52 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 9

Worked on Annora’s profile.

81 Reviews

Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:28 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 10

Worked on Annora’s profile.

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:05 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 11

I worked on Annora’s profile a bit but I got some inspiration for a scene in the middle of the plot so I wrote over 600 words.

81 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:11 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 12

I couldn't help myself so I wrote a little more on the snippet I thought of yesterday and I started planning out plot points. Not very much.

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:15 am
Lael says...

Day 13 & 14

I did a bit of outlining and I also made up several characters' names. In the process, I have started to think about who they are and what their personalities are like.

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:57 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

You've been doing great this Camp @Lael! The planning process seems to be going really well and you seem to have made some real progress. Also, I wish you all the best with figuring out your character stories - they really form the backbone of any good novel! :)
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:11 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Thanks, @RandomTalks! I appreciate the encouragement.

Day 26

So, I ended up taking an obscenely long break because of hectic daily things, not because I wanted to. Anyways, today I finally got back to it and I handwrote a few pages in a journal of Annora's time in Lanorus, from her perspective. It's part of a writing exercise to get to know my characters better, but it may become a small story of its own eventually.

81 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:52 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 27 & 28

I wrote more of Annora’s account. My thoughts are that my writing is all over the place and long-winded at the moment (normal, with it being first thoughts/draft and all) and that I sure hope I don’t make Annora sound like a whiny brat, just angry and afraid.

I did not get around to writing for Day 29.

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken