Young Writers Society

July Camp '22: That Old Dream

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:24 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

An Introduction to That Old Dream

Occurring simultaneously in the mid-1930s and the early 1950s, That Old Dream covers the lives of two spies who once married for a mission, and never found their way to getting a divorce.

Married in late March of 1933, Adelheid Delitzsch and Art Ziegler quickly established themselves as word class spies and professionally renowned performers. Their fame as persons of the stage allowed them to tour Europe in relevant safety.

In their many decades as freedom fighters, the pair became known for their willingness to take on any mission. No matter the risk - no matter the cost - no matter if the pay rate was lower than usual.

Adelheid Delitzsch, better known by her stage name of Della Darling, was a small time American country musician before her penned tune "That Old Dream" became a crossover hit. First assigned to Berlin to watch over the events at the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft, she soon became entangled with a fellow operative, Art Ziegler.

Art, who had once been a patient and an administrator at the Institut, marries Adelheid not only for the mission, but also for the safety that came with marrying a Catholic woman. He at first insists that he's only marrying her for the job. After a few close calls though he realizes why so many people loved Adelheid.

Almost twenty years on and a new war beginning, Adelheid and Art head off to perform their duties in Korea. Adelheid as her country musician self, now even more famous than before, and Art as her supportive husband and second stage voice when duos are necessary.

Even with all that they had done before, the current mission rests heavily on their minds when a roll of microfilm goes missing along with their holiday vacation plans. All of their own needs set aside when the best spies in the business are needed to protect the world from itself.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:47 am
Carlito says...

Okay I am HERE for this!! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this because the premise sounds so cool!!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:37 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@Carlito I never saw this comment, but thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm having a great time working on this project and making @BluesClues read the romantic tension!

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin