Camp NaNo April 2022 Info Post

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:07 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Camp NaNo April 2022

Graphic by @looseleaf

Hello helloǃ Every year, besides NaNo which happens in November, we also run a few mini-NaNos called Camp NaNos. (NaNo is a short form for 'National Novel Writing Month') The aim of Camp NaNo is simpleː you set your own prose writing goal, and you work to achieve it.

Stepsː

1. Set your goalː do you want to write 20,000 words? Or 50,000? Do you want to revise something, or maybe plan a new novel? It's up to youǃ

2. Make your threadː make a thread to keep track of your progress in the Camp NaNo Forums. Just like in NaNo, you report your daily/weekly progress in this thread and maybe share snippets if you like.

3. Participate in the Journal Challengeː if your goal involves writing a draft, maybe you might want a challenge to do some planning beforehand. The PlanMo Journal Challenge is available in this threadfrom now and all throughout April in case you need a bit of inspo.

4. Visit other people's threads and spread encouragementː unless someone says 'no comments please', do pop in to like people's updates, say 'Great goingǃ' or 'I love that snippet you sharedǃ', because it really does help motivate people.

5. When Camp NaNo starts (April 1st) start updating your threadː you can give your daily wordcount, or just mention some parts of your planning you completed - this depends on your goal.

6. Have funǃ

The Official NaNoWriMo site, though not linked to YWS, is a good resource to use. It can help you keep track of your wordcount if you have a wordcount goal.

Don't forget also that April is National Poetry Writing Monthǃ Find out more about that here.

We'll be having some write-ins throughout the month where you can work on NaPo, Camp NaNo or both. Subscribe to this thread also, as we'll post further events and hashtags to do with Camp NaNo here!

Sample Camp NaNo Threads for Inspo

@BluesClues's July 2021: GroundskeeperWIP Revisions
@Spearmint's July 2021: Sort-of Superpowered
@Carlito's July Camp '21: When I Was Anna
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:22 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Camp NaNo: Writing Activities revival!

Helllooo, Camp NaNo-ers!! I hope your projects have been going well so far! ^-^ (Have those main characters been behaving themselves? Or have you been able to fix some pesky plot holes?)
Well, regardless of whether you're feeling on top of the world about your novel (:D), or sobbing in the pits of despair (<3), why not take a little break and participate in some writing activities right here on YWS? :>

Here's a quick list of fun activities from our Writing Activities forum:

And that's not all; you can check out other activities here! :]

P.S. It's not too late to start Camp NaNo! Just create a thread here and start planning, drafting, or revising (depending on your goals)! ^-^

Happy writing, everyone!! <333
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

542 Reviews

Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:33 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Character Interviews

Hi there Campers! If you're looking for a fun People's Tab activity to help you delve deep into your characters, try @ForeverYoung299's #characterinterviews tag:

ForeverYoung299 wrote:#characterinterviews

How to participate:For people who don't know how this works, here's a brief. Use your character's voice to introduce them on your wall, saying they are open to answering questions. People can post questions on that status, and you answer back using your character's voice. Let the fun start!

Link to original comment
she/her

542 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:39 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Question Game

Need some motivation for the last week of Camp NaNo? Need a break? Come and play the Question Game!

If you're looking to get your writing gears going and interact with fellow Campers, here's an activity for you:

First, you post a question to another Camper, either here with a tag or on their thread. (You can also write a free-for-all question so anyone who sees it can post an answer!)

Second, you answer a question posted by a Camper.

Third, you ask a follow-up question to the Camper's response.
she/her

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope