Young Writers Society

July 2021: Tgirly's Novel-Writing

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:48 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

Hi!
My goal is to write an average of 3500 words per week, which would equal 15,500 words in the month.
My ultimate goal is to have 50 pages written before my school year starts in the Fall, because that's how many pages the professor of my Long-Form Fiction Workshop encourages us to come in with. I currently have 37 pages, so I just need 13 more. I know that's way less than 15,500 words' worth of pages, but not all the pages are in order and some need to be written, so I do have more than 13 pages' worth of writing I need to get done before than, if that makes sense.
The current working title for my novel is New Industry: The Town that Knows the Future.
I'm getting a sort of late start, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up!
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:49 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

7/7: Written 1,226 words so far!
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:47 am
alliyah says...

Ohh! Great work T <3 You're doing marvelously (*looks over at my 250 words*) :] Good luck on your writing!

ALSO -> I WOULD PICK UP THAT BOOK IF I SAW THAT TITLE! (Join me in a write-in sometime please!)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

374 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:35 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

7/11: Didn't get any writing done, but spent 40 minutes researching and brainstorming ways to write a strong en-media-res opening, and making list of what works about Wuthering Heights' opening. My goal for today (7/12) is to take a stab at re-writing my opening scene from 3rd person limited to Character B's perspective, as opposed to the flashbacks that make up the bulk of the novel (as planned) which take place from 3rd person limited to Character A's perspective.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

7/12: 1,222 words written today
Total for July: 2,448 words
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:07 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

7/14: 544 words written relating to prompts from "Story Genius", answering more zoomed-out questions about my book, such as a description of the initial spark, etc.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:11 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

7/15 written, then typed on 7/16: 1847 words (This is a huge chunk for me.)
Total written in July: 4295 (this total is not including brainstorming totals, if you were wondering)
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:10 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

7/18: 295 words
Total: 4,590

I'm at the point where organizing scenes is coming into play, which is making the going a bit slower, but it also means stuff's getting accomplished that's not reflected in the word count, and I feel pretty good about it all!! I have 49 raw pages written, 20 of which are in order, all of which need to be MAJORLY revised, but I'm feeling really good about where I am write now.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:16 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

7/21: 290 words.

Spent an hour and forty minutes today doing a close read on the first seven pages, and this is the net wordcount of a lot of deleting and rewriting! A single metric never measures all progress (as a teacher, don't get me started on the implications of that statement, lol).
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela