Young Writers Society

July 2021: The Memories Tattooed on His Skin

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:05 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 7:

Welcome to another edition of Wolfe's Midnight Updates (because I started writing at 11 pm again). Honestly, my crawl came in handy today because it forced me to write basically my entire word goal in 10 minutes xD I beat Brock just barely with 353 words in 10 minutes, which I feel is pretty fabulous. And then I went back and edited that pile of word vomit into something nicer because Misty asked me to ^^ So a solid writing day, as well as a solid Pokemon day because I earned those two badges. I'M ON A ROLL~

Words today: 441/360
Total words: 2392
Novel word count: 52262
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:57 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 8:

I'm feeling a little drained today, so I just worked to hit my goal. Luckily, I'm pretty ahead in terms of my new revised goal anyway, so it's no big deal.

In terms of the crawl, I "sprinted" for 200 words to help my little Charmander evolve into a moody Charmeleon, and then I started another "sprint" for 745 words because my favorite Pokemon from gen 1 happens to be Dragonite ;-; We'll see if I can finish the other 650 words tomorrow.

Words today: 412/380
Total words: 2804
Novel word count: 52674

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:12 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 9:

I'm taking a self-care night for myself and not going to push myself to write when I'm not feeling it. I'll pick back up tomorrow <3

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:08 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 10:

It was a bit of a slow motivation day, but I managed to hit my goal at least! Still haven't finished my "sprint" from like two days ago, but only need about 225 more words, so maybe I'll do more later tonight! But definitely will be done by tomorrow :) Also, I really would like this scene to be over because it's dragging on a bit, but it also seems important enough to keep slogging through so we'll see. Maybe edits later will make it feel less awful.

Words today: 425/420
Total words: 3229
Novel word count: 53099

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:32 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 11:

So, after having a bit of a slow day, I sat down to write and decided "hey, I want to get past this chapter today because I've been writing is for two weeks and I want to get a move on." HENCE why I wrote so many words today. Also, wanted to catch up on the 400 words I missed on Friday ^^

In word crawl news, I finally finished the "sprint" for 745 words because I love Dragonite (the things you do for the ones you love ;-;). Then I went to go fight Lieutenant Surge for the Thunder Badge, which required me to spring 100 x a dice roll. I rolled a 5 .-. SO I WROTE ANOTHER 500 WORDS. But I got the badge! After that, I stumbled into Lavender Town and had to sprint to the nearest hundred to get out of there, so I only had to write another 45 words luckily. Phew, I'm ready for a break xD

Words today: 842/440
Total words: 4071
Novel word count: 53915 (also just a bit of editing)

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:35 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 12:

I started writing at about 11:45 pm so a little bit of a later update, but I at least managed to hit my goal today :) My crawl wanted me to do a word war, but I didn't have any friends to do it with, so I'll have to recruits some people tomorrow.

Words today: 463/460
Total words: 4534
Novel word count: 54378

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:18 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 13:

Got some not so good news today and I can’t bring myself to write. Tomorrow will be a new day.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:10 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 14:

*sigh* I just want to write something I enjoy ;-; This is very slow going.

Words today: 508/500
Total words: 5042
Novel word count: 54886

[she/her]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:37 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

It's slow going but you're getting there! And doing great too! Sometimes we just gotta get words on the paper before we can create something we enjoy.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

767 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

@Vincian <3333 Thank you for your support.

Camp Day 15:

Work took a lot out of me today, so I decided to take a step back, make a plan for this upcoming chapter revision (the same one that I was struggling with at the start of camp — but I’m going to do it this time), and not take it too hard tonight. I’ll have plenty of time to catch up, and I’m well over pace for my original goal of roughly 7.5k. I’m doing okay. :) Need to not stress myself out so much about this thing that should be fun.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 16:

I ~revised~ Chapter 5 to post it, and during my revisions I looked at the original chapter 5 that I wrote during NaNo and decided that it was basically irrelevant, so I cut it out of my total novel word count. It was a little bit discouraging, but with my planning from last night, I have a lot of stuff that I can make progress on for the rest of the month, so it should be okay! If I reach my revised goal of 16k words, I'll still be able to reach 60k words total.

Net word count: 35
Total words: 5077
Novel word count: 50415

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:50 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 17 - 20:

Hello! I haven't updated here a couple of days because I've been a bit busy with some stuff in real life, and I wanted to take a step away from my novel because it was starting to stress me out a bit. So I took the weekend to chill, go on a date or two, and reset :) Then on Monday, I did a detailed chapter outline for the chapter, the one I've been struggling to write since the start of this year. But last night, on Tuesday, I actually wrote some! I'm a bit behind where I need to be to stay on track for my goal, but I'm hoping to spend some more time with it tonight and make good progress :)

Words yesterday: 242/620
Total words: 5319
Novel word count: 50660

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:15 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Camp Day 21 - 24:

Hello! Another update is that motivation is a little bit difficult, but I'm still trying my hardest to make it through this month. I did a little bit more writing last night, so forward progress!

Words today: 747
Total words: 6066
Novel word count: 51408

[she/her]

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 am
Shady says...

YOU’RE DOING GREAT

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda