An unlikely team

Current word count: 71,000

Camp Goal: 25,000

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:45 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Toby Raymond has the perfect life. A loving wife, beautiful children and stunning country home that he's worked long and hard to own. Everything is wonderful for him. Everything, that is, except for the fact that he's dead. And he's pretty sure he's been murdered.

His body is found at sunrise by a jogger on the beach (don’t they always find the dead ones) who trips over a rock and falls head first into decomposing flesh. His scream is heard by the houses nearby and within the hour, the place is swarming with police who are combing the sand and nearby water for evidence.

Detective Joshua Wright is assigned the case and between grumbling about the early hour he manages to talk to their witness, one Noah Taylor. The only problem is he’s pretty sure seeing the corpse has made Noah go off the deep end. He keeps talking about the victim as if he’s still alive and standing right next to them, even though that’s impossible.

But Noah’s insights are somehow surprisingly helpful, and the unlikely duo team up to solve Toby’s murder and arrest his killer. The case takes them on an unexpected journey, one that certainly doesn’t fit with their victim’s lifestyle and the picturesque, coastal town where Toby lived holds far more secrets than meets the eye.

Can Noah resist the charms of Josh and uncover the secrets of Toby Raymond before it's too late, or will his demise become yet another town legend?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:28 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

WE FINISHING THIS DURING CAMP?? 🤗
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1485 Reviews

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:43 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

@Carlito that's the plan *sweats*

But this has been the plan since November and I've only gone up 20K... so we'll see.

1485 Reviews

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:12 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Prompt 1: World-building

What world do your characters live in? A fantasy world? A sci-fi world? The real world? If in the real world - what place? What makes the world your characters live in unique? Describe in your thread what your world looks like.

It's been a while since I've delved into the realm of fantasy, so these characters live in the real world. The city is made up though, pieced together from different cities I've either visited or looked at on Google Maps xD
It's completely realistic. You know, apart from the ghost.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:14 am
Omni says...

Whoa, this already has a wonderful premise! And you've already written so much! I've heard (had no experience on my own XD) that the ending is the hardest part to write, but you got this! The finish line is right around the corner ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:51 pm
Carlito says...

ICY!! We're halfway through camp!! WILL THIS STILL BE THE MONTH TO FINISH THIS DRAFT?? 🤗
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians