Young Writers Society

July 2021: The Sorcerer's of Hisderat

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:11 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

The Sorcerers of Hisderat

Soo...this is a story that I've been slowly making my way through for over a year now. It currently stands at somewhere around 44k words, with around a third ish being completed plot wise from what I've actually planned out for it.

I hope to try and get close to the ending of this thing. My initial estimate for how long this thing would turn out to be was 100k, at the rate this is going I dunno if that'll hold it might be longer, might be shorter, but at any rate, I just want to get as close to that end as possible. I don't quite have a word count to aim for but considering there's a good chance I will be too busy to write past around the 17th or so...Imma just put down a simple 10k here...just sorta propel this thing past the halfway point at least...get it closer and closer to that end.

As far as the basic premise is concerned, well...

Agents Harry and Rose have been assigned to chase after two briefcases that they're told could spell the end of the world in the wrong hands. Once they manage to get a hold of it however, they find themselves following on the trail of a series of riddles leading to mysterious keys. Can they actually get along with those one they're forced to work with? Why did their commander not even tell them what they keys are for? And who are the people that want to get their hands on it bad enough to kill for it?

Sprinkling of romance in there because...I apparently can't write a story which has no sprinkling of romance.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:20 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Sprinkling in romance is ALWAYS the right choice!! I've heard you talk about this project before so I'm excited to see what you're able to do during Camp! Love the idea of setting a manageable goal considering your other July commitments. Good luck 💜
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

4099 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:55 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

YES

Thank youu!! Good luck to you too!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:10 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Pssh, all good long stories have a sprinkling of romance in there somewhere!

I have seen you might not be active enough to write in the second half of July, which is totally understandable! That's a glory of Camp Nano, there's no pressure for 50k words or for a new project. I think an equally enormous task will be to push the project over the hump that you said was there. You got this, though! Can't wait to see your progress on this ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

4099 Reviews

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:44 pm
KateHardy says...

Thank youu<33
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4099 Reviews

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:41 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 1

I have no time to do fancy coding today but perhaps sometime later I'll actual add that in...xD...

Hmm...stared at Chapter 14 at the point I left off for a good half an hour trying to think of ways to continue...and ended up starting a short story to kind of get the creative cells functioning..and uhh...yeah that ended up ballooning to 3000 words before I knew what was going on...so uhh...I did write something but as for the story...we start with a nice 0. Ahh..well hopefully I can recover from that one down the line...

0/334

0/10,000
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4099 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:16 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 2

Got a bit of riddle solving written in Chapter 14...that turned out to be quite fun...so managed to go ahead and catch up already to the wordcount...which is a good sign..

703/334

703/10,000
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:15 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Ooh riddle-solving! This sounds like a fun action-thriller type story, @HarryHardy. Good luck writing it and have fun! :D
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

4099 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:23 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thank youu<33

Aaand...Its time to update Day 3 and Day 4...together because I totally forgot about updating day 3....

206/334

405/334

So overall, we're at 1314/10,000 which I think is behind the place I'm supposed to be at, but just barely so hoping to catch that up on Day 5.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket