Young Writers Society

2021: Where The River Meets The Stars

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:35 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

WHERE THE RIVER MEETS THE STARS

Where The River Meets The Stars is an exploration of both the universe, and human cruelty. There is representation for Autism, dyscruffia, ADHD, Phocomelia, and the ace spectrum.

.Autumn Carr is a tenacious teen genius with Asperger's Syndrome and a big heart. After she's blamed for a car crash that killed her mother, she buys her own Island where she lives as a hermit. When news of an approaching Apocalypse reaches her, she, using the body of her dead cat, gives the universe consciousness.

Jade Winterson is an eccentric, deep thinking teen, with Phocomelia, a good sense of humor, and is asexual. Due to the neglect and control he suffers from his parents, his only friend is his his talking cat, Sirona. After a particularly bad bout of abuse he starts wondering if he's even human until he runs into Autumn Carr, and her mysterious cat.

Civar Sanquinem is a tragic star, with ADHD, and self-awareness, who was responsible for guarding the souls of humans and cats (which aren't met to interact except for certain conditions), until she got exiled.

Ivera Autumn Carrs cat, and the universe given consciousness. They are complex with deep running emotions, and flaws they don't understand. They are mysterious because they are always hit with a flood of memories, and an unbearable god-complex, and are trying to figure themselves out.

The apocolypse brings the whole gang together, but when it causes a disease with symptoms akin to murder, they make mistakes and accuse each other of being the villain. As the apcolypse progresses they either never forget and move away from each other, or forgive and grow closer together. The end times aren't averted but the lesson is learned-things may change and twist, but the human heart (both its good AND bad qualities), human mortality, and beginnings are forever.
.Flesh out plot more
.Improve prose
Last edited by deleted32 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
She who calls the stars to shine

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:16 am
View Likes
Carina says...

This idea intrigues me, especially --
she, using the body of her dead cat, gives the universe consciousness

CONSIDER ME INTRIGUED
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:28 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Oh so many ideas on one page! This looks so wonderfully different and I can't wait to see what you write!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:28 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I can tell you've put a lot of thought into your characters and world and concept! Very cool stuff in here and I'm excited to see how it develops!! (and high key love the title) Best of luck this Camp season 💜
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:07 am
View Likes
Omni says...

This is awesome, Ashlyn! You definitely have thought this out a bunch, so I'm excited to see what journeys this takes you when you start writing. 40k words is a big goal, but I'm excited to see you tackle that challenge!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:51 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

We're halfway through camp! How's it going Ashlyn? What are Autumn, Jade, Civar, and Ivera up to? :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane