Reviews: 1162
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:39 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day Five

Dark Corners revision progress: Most of Ch. 13

Anna progress: not today

CAR REVISING AGAIN TODAY!!
Monster tension headaches prevented me from being as successful this time as last time, but I plan to do absolutely nothing now that I'm home other than relaxing on my couch.
Aaaand got distracted during the write in and then it was bachelorette monday so I didn't do as much as I intended. But at least I did some!!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:27 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day Six

Dark Corners revision progress: finished Ch. 13 and Ch. 15, started the final polish of Ch. 17

I also researched some agents!

Favorite line of the day:
Why was this so awkward? Sure, this was the most time we’d spent together since I straddled him on a couch in a dark basement, but that didn’t have to hinder us going forward.

(I crack myself up)

i love dark corners bright spaces so muchhhhh.
no matter what happens in the query trenches i'm so proud of this book!!!

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:51 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day Seven

BIRTHDAY NANO DAY!!!

Dark Corners revision progress: Some finishing of Ch. 17, 19, and 21 but I didn't finish any of them.

Here's the thing. I thought OMG I'll get so much done today on my birthday!! But I did work on my birthday because I'm trying to be an adult. And then I got a massage and then I went to dinner. And then I just didn't FEEL like writing! So I did a little bit but not a lot. And that's okay!! We're close to the end with these chapters though and then I'm done with Luna's POV and can move on to Peter!!
Last edited by Carlito on Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:57 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day Eight

Dark Corners revision progress: took a break today!

Anna progress: 1373 words!! (2400 total!)

Favorite line of the day: fam they are not good. this is essentially a first draft even though i've worked with these characters already the whole plot is different.

Decided to take a little break from Dark Corners because I didn't have a lot of motivation to fix the little things left in those last few Luna chapters. It's interesting going from revising to essentially first drafting again because I have to remind myself to let it be bad and it's fun to not have to care and just write!!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:26 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day Nine

Dark Corners revision progress: Finished polishing Ch. 17 and worked on more polishing of 19 & 21. Literally tiny changes to make in two more scenes and then I'm done with Luna and onto Peter!

I procrastinated a LOT this evening when I had time (and desire) to sit down and write. I was hoping to finish polishing through Ch. 21 and maybe even write some Anna words, but now it's late and I should stop. But I did research more agents today! And researching agents does help with my motivation to finish because I'm excited to throw her out there when she's ready! (hopefully soonish!)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:54 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day Ten

Exciting vet visit this morning and now I'm fed and sitting down to accomplish something today! Let's go with a checklist today so I can finish my week 2 goals:

1. Finish polishing Luna's chapters in Dark Corners: DONE
2. Rewrite Ch. 2 of Dark Corners: DONE
3. (stretch goal) Rewrite Ch. 4 of Dark Corners: HALF DONE
4. Write 1627 Anna words: not today :)

“You’ll always be my home.” - Luna

Not too shabby this week considering I travelled at the start of the week and then had to go back to work. A little shy of my goal for the week again, but I did write every day and I did work on both projects this week so I consider that a success!

Also, I revised all the Luna chapters in Dark Corners first to keep continuity with the voice. Now I'm FINALLLYYY on to the Peter chapters and he's already so different to write (which is a good thing!) And I have my revision process more streamlined now, so I'm hoping his chapters will go a little faster than Luna's did!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

WEEK THREE GOAL

I don't think I have anything big on the agenda this week other than working so LET'S GET SOME MOMENTUM GOING!!

Dark Corners goal: Finish rewriting Ch. 4, Rewrite Ch. 6, 8, 10, 12, & 14

Anna goal: write 3000 words (bringing my month total to 5400 words)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:01 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day Eleven

Did some agent research, worked on Ch. 4 of Dark Corners!

Day Twelve
Didn't write! Oops!
(but I did write my bachelorette commentary)

Day Thirteen
Worked on polishing Ch. 2 & 4 of Dark Corners!

Day Fourteen
Didn't write again! Oops.
(to be fair i've been anxious this week about hayley the bunny's health but i think we're moving in the right direction again and my anxiety is less today, day 15)

Ask a Therapist!

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero