“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:13 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Attention Crewmates!

This is the last week before your ships sail and it's time to write!! If you haven't yet, now would be the time to agree on a plot and title, create your characters, and get a SB thread up and running!! There are still ships without five crewmates, so if you're thinking of joining up, now's the time to do so!!

Writing begins on January 31st! You can plot to your heart's content until then, but no writing until the 31st!! I cannot wait to see what your ships are about!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:34 am
View Likes
anotherwriter says...

Am I willing to be a Captain?: Noo I don't think I have time
Do I already have a Crew in mind?: Ah no I'm new
What genres am I willing to write?: Anything!
Do I already have a story idea?: I have multiple fantasy and realistic fiction ideas
What roleplay type would I prefer?: Any I suppose
Anything else?: Nope!
I'm gonna be honest I have no clue how any of this works

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:50 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey @anotherwriter welcome!! If you're looking for a Crew to join, perhaps @Chaser's crew or @InuYosha's crew would be willing to show you the ropes? If you have any questions, please let me know by replying here or PMing me ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:06 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Oh Crewmates~

Do you hear that? The whispering of the sea? The feel of the salt-crusted wind brushing the sails of your ship? The time to set sail is near...

We're heading into the weekend before writing starts! I hope your characters are aboard your ship, your plot is outlined on the captain's desk, and your pens are ready to start writing when your ships set sail! Make sure to have a ship posted in the Port to officially enter the contest before starting to write!

Writing begins Monday, January 31st! As a reminder, the mission of your ship is to stay afloat by writing 2500 words a week.

Crunch time is now! I cannot wait to see what you all have in store. If you have any questions, please put them in here or PM me!

To partake in the last minute crunch before launch, I shall be hosting a LSS Write-in Saturday and Sunday evening! Keep an eye out on the people tab for the links.

See you all on the seas, captains and crewmates.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:44 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

Am I willing to be a Captain?: No thanks. I believe @Chaser is capitan.
Do I already have a Crew in mind?: Yes. @Chaser, @AlmostImmortal, @FourLeafClover etc.
What genres am I willing to write?: Anything, but I prefer a little gore or blood.
Do I already have a story idea?: I think the crew already has an idea.
What roleplay type would I prefer?: I'm not sure.
Anything else?: No thank you.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:39 am
View Likes
Omni says...

This is a weird PSA but I think it's important enough to point out, since this is a word-based competition :D

wordcount.com seems to have inconsistencies in their word counting program, counting less words than you actually write. So, for your external tracking and my internal tracking I recommend either

-Word
-Google Docs
-or wordcounter.net

which all provided the same results to me in internal testing, whereas wordcount.com was off a bit. This probably isn't a problem for most people, but if you're crunching words trying to get to that 2500 goal, even a few words can make a huge difference.

Anyways, happy writing!! <3

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:02 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Captains and Crewmates!

Happy Week Two! We're a little over halfway through the week, so I hope progress on writing is going smoothly!! If you haven't started writing just yet, now's the time! Get planning with your crewmates and develop a plan ^^ anyone need encouragement or a whack with a newspaper? (channeling my inner @BluesClues)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser