Young Writers Society

RP Buddies

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:19 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Username: Valkyria, or Valk for short!

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, before and after the revamp!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: [beginner (Hollow), intermediate (Realm), advanced (SBs)] [mention if no preference, or multiple preferences] I prefer Realm and SBs

Do you prefer speed or quality?: [can be mixture of both] I like both, but I prefer speed

Link to sample roleplay post: Hey-Day Capriccio

What is your preferred genre?: action/adventure

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I'd prefer to join someone else's

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: I would prefer 4 or 5 people.

Any other information we need to know?:
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:18 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Mentor!
Username: Spearmint, but call me mint! ^-^

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yup, but only after the revamp!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: No preference as to what I'll participate in, but if I'll be running a roleplay, I'd probably prefer Realm C:

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Hmm, I suppose I like a good balance between them! Shorter posts are easier for me to write, though xD

Link to sample roleplay post: The Descent

What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy, sci-fi, modern-day with a dash of magic

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I do have an idea for an RP, but I've never DMed one before... I'd like to try, but I might need some help with the DMing part ^^

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: I think I usually prefer larger groups (like 4-6), but I'd be open to trying smaller groups too!

Any other information we need to know?: I'm excited for RP month!! =D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:57 pm
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Signing up to be a mentee!!

Username: SoullessGinger or Ell (as far as referring to me goes) whichever you’d prefer

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?:
Yes, and I’m pretty sure it was after revamp because I’m relatively new and don’t really know when the revamp was.
If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?:
Honestly, I’m fine with any type, but I think I’d prefer Realm, (although I’d be down with joining a Storybook) because while I’ve only written in one RP on here, I play an ungodly amount of Dungeons and Dragons irl.
Do you prefer speed or quality?
A mixture of both, frankly. Quality is important because I really like reading back over what we’ve written as a team long term. Speed is just because I really enjoy RPing and it’s fun so doing it often is ideal.
Link to sample roleplay post: I don’t really know how to link a specific post from a roleplay. But there’s a couple of mine here. The Land of the Eternally Bound (If someone would be willing to point me in the direction of how to link a specific post, I can definitely come back here and edit it in-the one I’m trying to link is a few posts down on the page currently linked)

What is your preferred genre?:
Fantasy and Adventure. But I’m also down to try post apocalyptic or anything with action.
Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?:
Maybe in the future, but for now I’d prefer to be a player.
Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?:
A group of 3-5 is ideal for me I think.
Any other information we need to know?:
Nope, not really! Excited to get started!
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
[call me ell, or ellen, or Soulless, or Ginger, the list goes on]
she/her

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:40 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Hey, this isn’t an intro, but when are we gonna get our pairings?
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:32 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Ignorance we'll be working on pairings and groupings as soon as we can! Stay tuned ^^ if you're itching to get a partner before our groupings and see someone you really wanna rp with, definitely feel free to chat with them!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:02 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Username: GrandWild

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: [if yes, clarify if only before/after revamp] Yep! Both before and after the revamp.

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: [beginner (Hollow), intermediate (Realm), advanced (SBs)] [mention if no preference, or multiple preferences] I'm most comfortable in intermediate and beginner.

Do you prefer speed or quality?: [can be mixture of both] Why not both? It depends on my mood.

Link to sample roleplay post: From If I Had a Heart

What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy.

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I'm afraid not.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 2 minimum, 4 max.

Any other information we need to know?: I'll try to be on frequently but I'm managing my time between work and an intensive college class right now.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:22 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Username: QuoolQuo

Do you have an original character (OC)?: I suppose I do have one...

Spoiler! :

Name: Neophytos (17, he/him)

Appearance: Skin is a dark olive from his hours out in the sun and hair is dark as oak wood.

Brief rundown: Not exactly the most outgoing soul in the world, prefers to be left by himself in his garden tending plants. His father is a potter in the region of Arcadia, Ancient Greece, and his mother is rumoured to be a flower nymph thus the reason why he is so good with plants, though he has never met her. Uses the broken and discarded pots to grow his plants in and cares for them more than anything else in the world.

Do you prefer speed or quality?: I guess speed in the sense that it doesn't take a month but also quality in that there's plenty of time to have something well-written (though not necessarily perfect)

What is your preferred genre?: I don't really mind, in fact, I wouldn't mind branching out

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: I don't really mind

Any other information we need to know?: I have a soft spot for absurdism

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:00 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Username:ForeverYoung299

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, I have.
If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: beginner (Hollow)

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Mixture of both

Link to sample roleplay post:https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=112428

What is your preferred genre?:Fantasy, sci-fi.

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?:I would prefer not to.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 4 or 5 maybe, I don't really care about it.

Any other information we need to know?:Um...No.

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:31 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Hope I´m not too late. :D

Username: MailicedeNamedy, but Mailice is fine.

Do you have an original character (OC)?: I can invent a new character for the roleplay, otherwise an old character I once created.

Spoiler! :
Antonia, 22 is a reclusive queen who lives in her summer palace on an island in a large lake next to a small town. Last time she had left the island was when she was eight years old. She loves nature and is interested in botany and reads a lot to discover the world from books. She has many gardens and greenhouses and can usually be found there.

Do you prefer speed or quality?: I prefer quality over speed.

What is your preferred genre?: Romance, Mystery, or Fantasy.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: A group of 2 or 3 would be good for the start.

Any other information we need to know?: I don´t think so. :D
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:01 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Thank you all for signing up!

Below are the first pairings!

GROUP 1: @Ignorance, @ForeverYoung299
GROUP 2: @LittleLee, @QuoolQuo, @WrenZorya
GROUP 3: @Vincian, @ImaginativeAlice, @Valkyria, @MailicedeNamedy
GROUP 4: @InuYosha, @GrandWild
GROUP 5: @sakeofvanity05, @HarryHardy, @ShadowVyper, @SoullessGinger
GROUP 6: @Liminality, @Spearmint, @AlmostImmortal, @SilverNight

WHAT'S NEXT? Head on over to the Pairing Plaza for Buddies and discuss the following:
  • Tell us if you would still like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds. If you are interested in being in more than one RP, then make sure to opt in! Otherwise, the default will be: "No, I only want to be considered for this one round."
  • Who in your group will be the DM (leader/creator)? If you're interested, feel free to volunteer!
  • Make an OOC thread to figure out plot. You are also welcome to use the Pairing Plaza for plot discussion, but it would be easiest for the DM to make an OOC thread and then continue discussion for plot there so all the posts are in one place.
  • When you're ready, make the RP thread! This would be after the OOC thread is created, and you can figure out starting plot and whether you want to do a SB, Realm, or Hollow. If there are only two people in your group, then you will be making a Duo by default.
  • If you have any questions, tag anyone in the RP Crew in the Pairing Plaza, and we'll be happy to answer! If you are not happy with your group, please also PM someone in the RP Crew, and we'll work together with you.

Happy roleplaying!

If you are reading this and have not yet signed up...

It's not too late!
RP Buddies will be accepting applications until the end of the month!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:31 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Username: soundofmind

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, before and after revamp, and on other sites/forums/whatevers before lol

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: RP Realm or Duos

Do you prefer speed or quality?: lmao both but like, quality over speed

Link to sample roleplay post: lol idk here's my latest one

What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy or Sci-fi... or like something supernatural if it's modern. if it's just modern I'm sorry I don't know if I can do it... my brain just doesn't have ideas or inspo looool

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I don't mind DM-ing, but I don't know if I could DM RITE NOW.... for balance so I don't burn out lmao

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 2 is gud, four is my max..... am down for just duo... mmmm

Any other information we need to know?: i smol brain
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:08 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Username: SpunkyKitty

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, both before and after the revamp!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: RP Realm

Do you prefer speed or quality?: I like fast role-plays, but quality over speed, always.

Link to sample roleplay post:Victorian Dives (its going to the top of the page and idk how to fix it, just scroll down)

What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy for sure

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: Nah, I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: I'm down for two or three

Any other information we need to know?: i big brain 8)
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:20 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Username: Lael

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, before and after (although that’s because the only SB I’ve been in recently tided over the revamp)

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: Advanced, but Intermediate is probably okay too

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Quality. I’m VERY slow.

Link to sample roleplay post: In The Wake of A Calamity

What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy but I can roll with other genres

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I probably would not be the best to be the DM? But I do have a random idea. I could probably DM for a duo. At this point.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 2 or a small group sounds good

Any other information we need to know?: I can probably only post about once a month at most while school is in session. (Thanks Homework Land University.)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:48 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

The second pairings are here!!

GROUP 1: @SoullessGinger, @LittleLee, @MailicedeNamdedy
GROUP 2: @ImaginativeAlice, @InuYosha, @SpunkyKitty, @ForeverYoung299
GROUP 3: @Liminality, @Spearmint, @Valkyria, @HarryHardy, @sakeofvanity05
GROUP 4: @Ignorance, @GrandWild
GROUP 5: @Ignorance, @WrenZorya
GROUP 6: @Lael, @soundofmind

WHAT'S NEXT? Head on over to the Pairing Plaza for Buddies and discuss the following:
  • Who in your group will be the DM (leader/creator)? If you're interested, feel free to volunteer!
  • Make an OOC thread to figure out plot. You are also welcome to use the Pairing Plaza for plot discussion, but it would be easiest for the DM to make an OOC thread and then continue discussion for plot there so all the posts are in one place.
  • When you're ready, make the RP thread! This would be after the OOC thread is created, and you can figure out starting plot and whether you want to do a SB, Realm, or Hollow. If there are only two people in your group, then you will be making a Duo by default.
  • If you have any questions, tag anyone in the RP Crew in the Pairing Plaza, and we'll be happy to answer! If you are not happy with your group, please also PM someone in the RP Crew, and we'll work together with you.

Happy roleplaying everyone!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne