Young Writers Society

Roleplay Month 2021

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:06 am
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Announcing #RPMo 2021!

What is #RPMo? Roleplay Month!

Previously called Storybook Month, Roleplay Month is a month where YWSers, new and old, come together to celebrate and challenge themselves to roleplaying. For those looking for a personal challenge, join us for RPMo's first Roleplay Checklist Challenge!

Now is the perfect time to join the wonderful world of roleplaying. There are things for everyone.

New to Roleplaying?

Don't worry, we have your back!

• RP Buddies
      Starting in July, the Roleplay Crew is creating a mentor/mentee buddy system for roleplaying and those new and/or intimidated by roleplaying on YWS. Post in the forum and we'll pair you with someone who will guide your way into the wonderful world of roleplay. And for veteran roleplayers looking for something fresh and new, come join up as a mentor!
  • Roleplay Hollow
      Wanting to dip your toes into roleplaying or just interested in fleshing out a character in different stories and scenarios? The Roleplay Hollow is the roleplay for you! Just drop a character into a scenario and focus on fast dialogue and action.
  • Beginner Friendly Activities
    • Still not sure where to start with roleplaying? How about creating a character for roleplaying? On , @ShadowVyper and @IcyFlame will be running a beginner-friendly Character Creation workshop, with roleplay in mind.
    • After that, join us for a Welcome to Roleplaying Workshop, where RP Crew will welcome you to the Roleplay forums and guide you on how to write that newly created character in our various roleplays.
    • Join our tagbook for fun, fast, and funky roleplay where you tag your friends to compound the chaos!
    • Looking for a little direction and a little challenge? Try your hand at the Checklist Challenge, which has a beginner section to guide you through YWS' Roleplay forums while adding a dash of challenge.
    • Look out for some hashtags that will be floating around the people tab! #characterinterview, #ocforaday, and #RPMo will be trending for extra hype and to informally roleplay on walls.

Once You're Settled In

The Roleplay Crew has even more to do once you're settled in and for those of you who are veteran roleplayers!

• Roleplay Checklist Challenge
      Inspired by RevMo's Checklist Challenge, if you're itching for some harder challenges within Roleplay Month, then the Intermediate and Advanced Checklist Challenges are for you!
  • Roleplay Story Workshop
      Run by RP Crew, this workshop will explore how to create a story with roleplay in mind, how to keep a story alive, and how to keep both writers' and readers' interest with your roleplay and story. Keep an eye out for this later on in the month!
  • Badges to Earn
      Of course, we can't forget the badges! Yes, there are a total of six badges to earn for RP Month! By creating a RP Hollow, joining RP Buddies, and Completing the RP Challenge Checklist, you'll earn all six badges! (And, if you notice, you'll acquire a rainbow if you do)

Announcements!

Subscribe to this thread to stay up to date on everything Roleplay Month!

RP Buddies is here! Click on the image~

Official Workshop Dates
(updated to be in your time zone)

Character Creation:
Welcome to Roleplaying:
Welcome to Roleplaying:
Roleplay Story:

The RPMo Checklist Challenge is here! Perfect for beginners and veterans to the Roleplay Section! Learn your way around and challenge yourself to earn some fancy badges.

In addition to badges and various fun events and activities to help everyone reach their goals for July's Camp NaNo and RP Month, the mod squad has planned some official write-ins. You can find the write-in schedule below! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

Please keep in mind that regular site members can also run write-ins! All you need is a WriterFeedPad set to public and some friends willing to join in. So if you don't see a write-in scheduled for a day and time that works for your schedule and time zone, feel free to run one yourself!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:14 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Yeah hi how do I sign up to be a mentor-
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:54 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

this sounds fun! i do have a few questions though

1. where is the checklist?

2. if I'm already in some role-plays can I still participate?

and finally 3. i second Ignorances question of do i need to sign up?
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:24 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Ignorance @TheMythMaster The Rp Buddies thread will be posted soon! We'll make sure to tag you when it's posted ^^

@TheMythMaster the Checklist Challenge will be posted later this week! Just a heads up though, attending a workshop is on the checklist, so hope to see you all at the character creation workshop!!

And yep! If you're already in roleplays, you can definitely still participate in everything we have to offer!! Love the enthusiasm! Let us know if you have anymore questions!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:57 am
View Likes
Omni says...

RP Buddies is here! Click on the image~

@Ignorance @TheMythMaster

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:03 am
View Likes
Omni says...

brought to you by @IcyFlame and @ShadowVyper

Wanting to create a character for a novel, storybook or RP? Look no further than The Character Creation Workshop - your one-stop shop for creating an incredible original character! Whether you want to develop a new character entirely from scratch, or already have a character you'd like to further develop, this workshop is for you! We'll be walking through the very basics of character creation all the way up through more nuanced parts of characterization.

Join us Sunday, (date and time automatically to your time zone) for the Character Creation Workshop!

Link to the workshop will be posted here the day of the workshop. Subscribed to stay up to date on everything Roleplay Month!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

What about those of us who can't make it to this workshop because it's in the middle of the night?
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:05 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@LittleLee there will be more workshops at different times! I think at least one or two will be at a time your can join ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:17 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Official Workshop Dates (updated to be in your time zone)

Character Creation:
Welcome to Roleplaying:
Welcome to Roleplaying:
Roleplay Story:
Postponed!

@LittleLee That is a completely valid question and I'm glad you brought it up because we want to be inclusive to everyone across all time zones!

Right now, it seems that only the second Welcome to RP workshop time is friendly to those who live in uncommon time zones. If you are reading this and would like to attend the Character Creation or RP Story workshop at a similar time as the second Welcome to RP workshop, please say so here so we can gauge interest. If there's enough interest, we can hold another session. :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:37 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

I understand it might be hard to have both character creation AND RP story workshops, so I think I'd be fine with just one of those...
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 pm
View Likes
SalemReine says...

This is awesome because I’ve been trying to join the role playing forums but I have no idea where to start, hopefully I can figure out how to get a mentor!
Was WrenZorya

If I perish, I perish~ Esther, a long long time ago

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:30 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

@WrenZorya we’d love to have you! If you want to sign up for RP Buddies, just click that link, post a filled out form in that thread, and we’ll find you a mentor as soon as we can. :)
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:04 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

The RPMo Checklist Challenge is here! Perfect for beginners and veterans to the Roleplay Section! Learn your way around and challenge yourself to earn some fancy badges.

One of the challenges is to attend a workshop, and the Character Creation Workshop counts!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:37 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

brought to you by @Carina, @HarryHardy, and @SilverNight

Have you ever wanted to become involved in the Roleplay Forum, but you're unsure about how it works? We're here to show you the ropes! In this workshop, we'll explain the different types of roleplays (Storybooks, Realm and Hollow) and have prompts for quick roleplaying exercises. It's perfect for beginners, but if you've roleplayed before, feel free to join anyway and maybe learn something new!

In order to make things easier for participants to attend, we're holding two different sessions for the Welcome to RP Workshop. The dates are automatically adjusted to your time zone!

with @Carina and @SilverNight
with @SilverNight and @HarryHardy

The links to the workshops will be found in the People tab when they start!
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:16 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

In addition to badges and various fun events and activities to help everyone reach their goals for July's Camp NaNo and RP Month, the mod squad has planned some official write-ins. You can find the write-in schedule below! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

Please keep in mind that regular site members can also run write-ins! All you need is a WriterFeedPad set to public and some friends willing to join in. So if you don't see a write-in scheduled for a day and time that works for your schedule and time zone, feel free to run one yourself!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh