z

Young Writers Society

The Wonderland Rift

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:33 pm
View Likes
ERANBEAR says...

A war has broken out in the twisted continent, known as Wonderland. The tyrannical Queen of Hearts has imposed oppressive acts on the people of Wonderland. An underground rebel base has been established. A group fighting for democracy. Led by a series of generals: the Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat, the White Rabbit, Alice, and the Caterpillar. This is a story full of gore, sex, drugs, violence, and secrets.
Fall through the rabbit hole and enter the realm of Wonderland.
Spoiler! :
The characters in this are supposed to be similar to the original ones, but more twisted

In this story, the Jabberwocky, the JubJub Bird, and the Bandersnatch are able to be played.
The card soldiers use playing cards as throwing weapons.

I will continue to edit this post.

Character Slots
Spoiler! :
- Duchess - Megsug - Rebel
- White Queen - Alvarin - Rebel
- Dormouse - ShadowVyper - Heart
- March Hair - ?
- Caterpillar - ?
- Mad Hatter - TwilightRose
- Cheshire Cat - ERANBEAR - Free?
- White Rabbit - Sionarama - Heart
- Bandersnatch - Chupatoasta - Heart
- Jabberwocky - Trinity9001 - Heart
- JubJub Bird - ?
- Alice - ERANBEAR - Rebel (Alex)
- King of Hearts - ERANBEAR - Heart
- Queen of Hearts - ShadowVyper - Heart
- Knave of Hearts - VeerenVKS - Rebel
- Tweedle Dee-Dum - TaylorLove
- Card Soldiers (however many) - Dragonette
- Rebel Soldiers (however many) - AlexInCircusland

Character Profile
Spoiler! :
Name: (Based of of what character)
Appearance: (pictures are very welcome)
Weapon:
Ability:
Alliance: (Rebels, or Hearts)
Up for Love?: yes/no/sexual orientation
Other:
History:

Notice: You may change the gender of the character from its original form in order to keep the male/female ratio close to balanced.
Age range for characters 14-40 (40 could be king/queen, etc)
Last edited by ERANBEAR on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:21 am, edited 16 times in total.
They say the world is your oyster; but what if you keep kosher?

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 am
Sionarama says...

Hi Eranbear, I'd love to take the character of the White Rabbit!
Name: White Rabbit (Alcander White)
Appearance: Alcander is a tall lanky man around the age of 22 or 23, but he's not really sure. Al has white blond hair that is always messy and sticks up at odds places but he tries to oil it down when appearing in front of the Hearts. He has medium fair skin and moss green eyes. Alcander has rather large hands and feet, which are quite clumsy, and he has sharp angled features. He is always dressed in a nice suit with a top hat. Alcander's nick-name is White Rabbit because the Queen of Hearts called Alcander "Rabbit" when they were little because she said he looked like a scared little rabbit. The nickname stuck with the Heart family, as nicknames often do, but Alcander likes to be called by his full name or just "Al" better.
Weapon: He has a magical umbrella that has a pointy tip and retractable claws at the end of the sides of the umbrella when opened so it can be a sword, spiked shield, or just a plain old umbrella. It's good for tricking people with.
Ability: Alcander can teleport and manipulate time. His power is limited though because he can only teleport at most a mile or three away and he can only go minutes or seconds into the past or future. That is why he is always worried about what time he is in. To keep track, Alcander brings around a gold pocket watch.
Alliance: Hearts
Up for Love?: yes, he's homosexual.
Other: Alcander grew up with the Queen of Hearts so they are on better terms than most might believe and so is one of her greatest friends. When they were growing up together, Alcander believed he was in love with the Queen and one summer they became more than friends but soon he realized that their love just did not feel right and he found himself admiring attractive people of the same gender. He came out to the Queen who understood and promised to stand by his side as his best friend. There are rumors among the scullery maids in the castle though, that the Queen still has feelings for Alcander after all these years.
Last edited by Sionarama on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

5 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:13 am
ERANBEAR says...

Name: Thomas O'Hatter
Appearance: Tommy is a tall boy of 19-21, frankly he is not sure due to his fragile grip on sanity. He is of average build. He has a stick straight shock of fire-y red, ginger hair. His hair is of medium length. It sticks out in slightly wavy spikes all over his head, yet somehow he still has defined bangs. He has big bright amber eyes. His nose is slightly crooked, but in just the right way and size. His lips are slightly thick, and soft. His chin is soft but strong. His jaw is angled. He has very high and defined cheek-bones. He has a few cinnamon-colored freckles. His skin is smooth and fair. Despite his size, he has decently large, but dexterous, fingers. His teeth are pearly white and perfect, except his gold eye teeth. His nice outfit comprises of a nice pinstripe suit with a tie or bow-tie and a matching top-hat. His everyday outfit includes animal print/camo skinny jeans, worn leather combat boots, acid washed denim vest, a long-sleeved nice t-shirt, and a pop-pom tipped beanie or a top-hat.
Rank: Tommy works in the underground, dealing with mercenaries, assassins, thieves, drug dealers, and spies. His closest affiliates are Cheshire, Alice, and Caterpillar.
Weapon: Tommy carries a snub-nosed .44 magnum revolver that shoots incendiary rounds. The gun is built in such a complex way that it is automatically silenced, which can be turned on or off. He also carries a pure black Butterfly Knife with a cherrywood handle.
Ability: Tommy has the ability to affect others' sanity through pheromones, he is also super agile.
Personality: Very goofy, silver-tongued, sensual/flirty, he is also insane.
Alliance: Rebels!
Up for Love?: yes! he tends to be straight, but in his eyes, love is a two way street.
Other: He is known to have a crush on Cheshire.
Last edited by ERANBEAR on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Barrett Heart (bear-it) (bandersnatch)

Appearance: In her bandersnatch form, Barrett appears as the traditional bandersnatch from Alice and Wonderland however she is a bright, clean white with only a black spot on her missing eye and a few large splotches on her back. In the human form the queen granted her. which also makes her appear anywhere from the age or 17-20, she has long white hair with streaks of black. She's short, only at a height of around 5'5 but is also very slender, varying greatly from her bandersnatch form. She has big red eyes framed in thick black eyelashes. As long as she stays by the queen, she's able to keep a human form. Unfortunately, even in her human form, she only has one eye and keeps the other one hidden beneath her hair as well as an white eyepatch. She tends to keep to white dresses in her human form, with red high heels and red accents, such as lipstick and fingernails being red.

Rank: Protector of the queen/king in bandersnatch form on the battlefield, however in her human form she's treated as somewhat of the queen's daughter by the servants and such, just not the queen, who treats her like a guard dog.

Weapon: When in her bander form it's clearly her teeth and claws, however she's very skilled with a sword as well as an arrow, carrying her quiver on her thigh. She carves and puts the arrows together on her own, carving her own wood and using her own sharp teeth that she has hundreds of.

Ability: Although nobody knows this, she is very great at reading emotions and people's true intentions. Sometimes she may even be able to hear thoughts. She's very strong in both forms, but having only one eye throws off her depth-perception somewhat.

Alliance: She would love to join the rebels, but in order to keep her human form, she must stay at the queen's side, as much as she hates her. The only reason the queen gave her the gift of a human form was to keep her at the queen's side.

Up for Love?: Yes, she's not sure of the difference, only with one you can have children and the other you cannot, so it really doesn't make a difference to her.

Other: Wears a bright red collar that the queen has enchanted to grow and shrink with her different forms. She's seen Mr. O'Hatter around and is awefully entranced by his insane attitude and style. She also feels as though the White Rabbit threatens her position as the queen's right hand woman.
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Reviews: 1
Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:59 am
Orpheus says...

Just gonna say that I've got the Cheshire Cat. I'm working on a profile now, and I don't want someone to take it before I'm done. The profile will be edited in once it's finished.

Name: Corvena Adrienne Tenarius, better known as Cat (Cheshire Cat)

Appearance: Cat is a small girl of sixteen, though her age isn't obvious from either her behavior or her appearance. She looks like she's younger than she is, and she acts like a child beyond her years. She stands at 5'6", though she usually wears shoes with thick soles, so she seems slightly taller than she actually is. She's thin, with just a hint of youthful plumpness about her features, and isn't very strong at all, though she makes up for it by using what she does have very effectively. She usually wears a sky-blue sundress and sandals, though she does change to sneakers, a dark green long-sleeved shirt, and a heavily dyed pair of jeans when her preferred outfit isn't available or practical. Her hair is brown and somewhat short, only falling even with the bottom of her head, and she sporadically wears a white bucket hat over it.

Personality: Capricious, seemingly shallow, secretive, whimsical, forceful, insightful, and cheerful.

Weapon: An ornate stiletto engraved with a foreign script. If Cat knows what it says, she's not telling. An enchanted sheath on her forearm ensures that she always seems to pull it out of nowhere.

Ability: Invisibility, abnormally good night vision, and preternatural intuition.

Alliance: Whichever she feels like (currently Rebels)

Up for Love?: Not really, but she'll tease the heck out of anyone that goes for her.

Other: One of the few people Cat is ever surprised by is Alcander. Due to his teleportation and time travel, he can arrive completely unexpectedly. Cat also enjoys talking to Barrett. She won't say why, but it's generally assumed that she finds a nonhuman viewpoint on certain issues fascinating. The reason she flips between factions is because she doesn't believe that either is truly in the right, so she lets her whims decide who she helps at any given time. Cat's past isn't known to anyone, because again, she's not telling, and more importantly, those who search too hard tend to go missing.

Spoiler! :
I may flesh this out a bit more later, but this will do for now.

Also, Eranbear, if you want us to put our own spin on the characters, please don't have too many preconcieved notions of what they should be like and then not tell us. Pretty much the only things that can come from that are you having to change your plans because we don't conform, or making us conform to said plans.
Last edited by Orpheus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence

5 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:12 am
ERANBEAR says...

Please include age! Thanks!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:08 am
AlmondEyes says...

I'm interested in this. I'd like to be a rebel soldier or Alice. How many soldiers can there be of each?
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

5 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm
ERANBEAR says...

Depending on how many people want to join, but at a certain point, when all of the major character slots are filled, and a significant amount of both types of soldiers are filled, I will cut it off and start the SB. Thanks!

5 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:27 pm
ERANBEAR says...

Also, Eranbear, if you want us to put our own spin on the characters, please don't have too many preconcieved notions of what they should be like and then not tell us. Pretty much the only things that can come from that are you having to change your plans because we don't conform, or making us conform to said plans.

Orpheus, I don't know what preconceived notions you are referring to. I love all of ya'll's spins on the characters. I love your character a bunch too!

Reviews: 1
Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 pm
Orpheus says...

ERANBEAR wrote:Orpheus, I don't know what preconceived notions you are referring to. I love all of ya'll's spins on the characters. I love your character a bunch too!

What I was mainly referring to was the fact that in Tommy's profile, you state that he had a crush on two characters who hadn't been created yet. That could get a bit problematic if the characters end up to have a personality that's incompatible with his, though I don't think that was the case with Cat, so it works out there.
bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence bane of your existence

5 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:25 pm
ERANBEAR says...

Great! I will edit my post if I need to, but so far, I feel confident. And please, from now on, call me Eran.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:31 am
veeren says...

[Changed my mind on who I wanted to be :p]

Name: Lord Lordshire (Knave of Hearts)

Appearance: A 50 year old man that looks no older than 30, with his very young facial features. Fixed with a very pale skin and pitch black eyes, he is always sporting a suit, tie, and new shoes. He is fairly tall, almost 6 ft, with an almost bony build. He is constantly smiling and is a good person at heart, just prone to doing evil things occasionally. His bushy black hair is a beautiful mess, and he always has a slight 5-o'clock shadow.

Rank: No specific rank, but if a war were to come, he would be a definite pick for leader due to how much his reputation is known by everyone.

Weapon: A 3 foot stick that is as hard as steel.

Ability: He is extremely fast and strong, despite his appearance.

Alliance: Either or. Currently Rebels, but would be willing to trade places with anyone unhappy on the Queen's side, knowing the trade would be accepted because of his status in society.

Up for Love?: Just goes with the flow. Always leads women on but is never genuinely looking for something special.

Other: Pretty mysterious. Has a great way with words and is always very convincing. He's known to be an excellent strategist and fighter, which is why he is wanted by both sides.
Last edited by veeren on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 am
megsug says...

Spoiler! :
As promised, I took a look. :)

Name: Minerva ‘Duchess’ (She has dropped her last name)

Appearance: Everyone has a different idea when they think of the duchess. Everyone agrees she has a garish hat on and a promiscuous dress. They almost always note an extremely sharp, pointed chin as well. Most everyone says she’s the ugliest being they’ve ever clapped eyes on, but a few say she’s the exact opposite. Her age is just as fluid though she seems to average in the 25-30 range. Her eyes are the one thing to never change at all. They are a bright green.

Weapon: Dagger she normally hides in her cleavage/skirts

Ability: Shape shifting

Alliance: Rebels

Up for Love?: Yes, but her affections are just as fixed as her appearance and personality. One day she may love you and the next she’ll hate you. She’ll always answer homosexual or straight, never both, but that also swings wildly.

Other: She’s the cousin of the Queen of Hearts. No one is sure what caused the falling out, but Duchess doesn’t speak of her cousin anymore and is bent on revenge.
Her spy network is based in the brothel she’s mistress of. All of her girls are fellow rebel spies.

Spoiler! :
I must admit, I've never read Alice in Wonderland or Through the Looking Glass, but I did some research, so I think I know what I'm talking about... maybe.
If I need to change something, let me know. I'll be happy to.
Test

5 Reviews

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 am
ERANBEAR says...

Oh My God! I love everyone's characters! FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 am
Alvarin says...

Hey, I'd like to reserve the spot as the White Queen, if that's alright? ;)

Name: Miranda Marble - The White Queen

Appearance: She's 25, but looks more like 15. With her big dark eyes surrounded by long dark eyelashes, white hair (waist length), plump lips and pale skin she looks more like a porcelain doll than a human. She's short (5'1, or 155 cm) and slender. Prefers to wear white dresses, often summer dresses but sometimes lolita-type dresses, with a huge pink flower in her hair. She looks cute and innocent, but her eyes seems to constantly burn with malice. The only thing on her that matches her eyes are the big black military boots.

Personality: She normally acts childish and teases anyone she thinks is acting to serious. Behind the childish looks and act she is a bloodthirsty fighter, not really caring who she kills as long as she gets to see their blood pour from the hole she just made. Under the childishness and the bloodthirst there is yet another layer of her personality, a deeper one that she doesn't care to show to anyone, not even herself.

Weapon: She always carries a dagger under her dress, strapped to her thigh. Most of the time she also carries a mean-looking shotgun over her shoulder.

Ability: If she really, really imagines something it happens. Therefore she tries to think of six impossible things everyday and make them happen, although most of the times it fails (unless it is something simple, like having more shotgun cartridges in her pocket).

Alliance: Rebels

Up for Love?: Yes, straight

Other: She's not much for planning and organisation, and she prefers to see herself as the mascot of the rebels, rather than the leader. After all, she only joined up with them so she could butcher some card soldiers.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

Ghosts, demons, and ghouls cannot scare the cat's underling.
— TheMulticoloredCyr