z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 16)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:27 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He moved past it, clumping into the thicker part of the woods. He wanted to get to Serpent Keep before dawn.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

( @grandwild sweet sixteen)

Jerica tensed as she heard — or at least thought she heard — something nearby. A chill ran down her spine and she yanked her dagger from her belt as her eyes scanned the area.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Legit thought my post got deleted for a sec you scared me
But sweet 16!! Yay!!)

He heard the snick of metal exiting a sheath and paused, ears twitching this way and that. He turned, searching for where the human might be, if it had followed him.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:39 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Oop sorry! I noticed the 100 and decided to split it over right away haha but wooo look at us go!)
(On the plus side my phone has been doing that super fucking irritating thing where it auto saved the message I sent you last night and I’ve had to delete it 98% of the then before I could post and then sometimes I don’t have to and it seems like it’s fixed and then it messes up again so hopefully a new thread will cure that lol)
(Also is he visible to her? My boss was not in fact telling the truth on today being a short day so my brain is working slow lol)

Every muscle was tense, eyes straining in the dark for even the shadow of whatever threat was clearly out there for her. She wanted to go back to her room but now was wary that moving would give away her position.

Her buzz was gone.

Mostly gone.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:42 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh I hate that
And that sucks! I hope you get good rest tonight.
I think there are a few trees and bushes between them and visibility.)

He couldn't see her, but she wasn't far off. It was a female adolescent, about Ky's age. But not Ky. Rönn kept silent, peering into the dark.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:46 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Thanks! Me too. I’m pooped lol but I enjoy overtime paychecks so can’t complain too much lol I’ve just already worked 22 hours this week and it is in fact Tuesday oop)

An animal probably already knew she was there.

A man needed to know she wasn’t scared of him.

She took a deep breath, voice clear and commanding when she said, “I know you’re there, fucker. You’re not smooth.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Definitely not Ky. Maybe she'd go away if he stayed still enough. Rönn crouched down, tilting his head up and sniffing the air. There was no fear, but there was ale. That made people reckless, if there was enough inside them. So she probably wouldn't go away. But he could hope.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:50 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica didn’t like that that didn’t work.

She shifted her weight and took a threatening step towards the bushes, stomping her foot in hopes of spooking whoever was in the thicket.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Rönn kept his ground but let out what he hoped was a growl scary enough to frighten off a drunk. It was a low, guttural sound that mixed with a bleat and a yowl, not something any other creature could ever hope or want to imitate.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:56 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Shit-fuck-!” Jerica reverted to Rhaebakian, stumbling backward a step before she caught herself and straitened. She pulled out a second dagger; heart racing in her throat. “Hyah!” Maybe she could scare it away; she certainly wouldn’t be turning her back on it now.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:57 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He increased in volume, feeling his fur bristle along his spine and haunches where he crouched. Good. She better run.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:59 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Terror pumped through her, replacing the beer and her buzz. She was very alert now. And scared.

What should she do?

She didn’t know.

Gods. Why hadn’t she brought her bow? Or at the very least her sword?

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:01 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Why didn't she run? Maybe seeing him would scare her off. But that risked bringing other villagers. They might believe in him now that trolls were walking about. Damn, he was stuck.
Rönn kept on growling, letting the tips of his horns peek up in the hopes that this at least would spook her.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:03 am
View Likes
Shady says...

She saw the horns immediately and scuffled backward a single step further but then held her ground. Gods, what monster did they have up here with horns? She was ever more decided that the North was a hellhole she wanted no part of.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:06 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He shuffled forward, still at a crouch and taking a breath before continuing the horrible sound. Go away, go away. He needed to keep moving.

she/her

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss