z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 12)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:11 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It's something that disappointed and angered me greatly. It was a foolhardy and impulsive thing to do--twice--and I have a great amount of respect for the person he hurt most for forgiving him. That's all I'll say on the matter, Ky." He thought for a second. "You met my father, didn't you."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:17 am
View Likes
Shady says...

She was trying to think what he could have done or who he hurt or how she could get more hints out of Gaius — when suddenly she was hit with that curveball.

“W-what?” She looked at him in alarm, eyes wide. “Why…why would you say that? I didn’t say that.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:19 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It's the logical conclusion," he said, trying to keep himself from tensing up. "He seems invested in complaining about Tomhas if he brought that up for no reason. And you were extremely, extremely resistant to offering me his physical features. Sometimes lying or skirting questions makes the answer more apparent; that's something you ought to keep in mind."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:24 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky grimaced. There was no point in lying outright now. She’d already fucked that up. He’d see straight through her — he had already seen straight through her. No point in making it worse. “…I didn’t lie. He didn’t offer a name… but… I guessed…” She nodded reluctantly. “I… sorry. I…” she sighed. “I wish I hadn’t run into him of all people.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:26 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He let out a breath, clenching his fists up. He'd hoped he was wrong. "You promise he didn't hurt you?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Fuck. He didn't actually know, did he? This reaction seemed like he didn't. Fuck.

"I swear it," she agreed with a nod. "We... argued. But he didn't get anywhere near me."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:30 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Good. Good." He sank his head into his hands, closing his eyes for a moment. "Oh my gods."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:31 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky grimaced. "Yeah..."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:33 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He sat there like that for a bit longer, mind racing. Septimus couldn't touch anyone, right? And they couldn't get through locked doors. He might as well not be there. But he was.
"What else did he tell you?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:35 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"... he told me to give you 'his regrets'," she said quietly. "He says death has changed his perspective and he wishes he'd sent Michael away."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:36 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius huffed out a bitter laugh at that. "A bit fucking late for that, now. Is he here now?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:39 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Had she ever heard him cuss? It felt odd, coming from him. And yet he was absolutely right.

"No." She shook her head, but glanced around despite herself to verify even though she knew he wasn't. "It's just us here... they can't get through locked doors."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:39 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Did he tell you that?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:40 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Yes. I asked." She nodded, then hesitated. "...I think he was telling the truth about it, though. It came paired with him calling me a coward. So."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:42 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"He's not a liar. That's one of the few good things about him." He took hold of his tea again and took a long sip, hands trembling. "What else?"

she/her

coffee and writing is a superior duo
— LadyBug