z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 11)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:15 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yeah.” Ky buried her hands in her pockets, furrowing her brow. “You don’t get to live in our house if you don’t appreciate what that means for you to do so, which an outsider wouldn’t. It needs to be one of my friends.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:35 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I absolutely understand that. I guess that's what I would want if I grew up in such a great place."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:52 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Ayee nice avvie!)

Ky nodded. “… you wouldn’t go home, if you could?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Thanks!! My sister made it for me.)

He shook his head. "No, there's nothing for me there. My father wasn't the best person, and I didn't really have anyone else."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:44 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Love it ^-^ I went to my first pride yesterday and was debating getting a flag cause they were $20 and mrghhh but my friend talked me into it and I’m glad she did. The number of times I’ve literally smiled when I glance at it was well worth the $20)

“I’m sorry,” she said sympathetically. “… well, I’m sure you’ll make lots of friends wherever you go.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:19 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Omg nice!! Pride parades are so great; how big was yours?)

"I've got lots of friends here," he pointed out. "I don't really plan on going anywhere yet."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:22 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Huge! I opted to drive further than the one where I actually live and went to the one in DC so it was amazing. It was like rainbow Mardi Gras)

“Fair enough.” Ky thought for a moment. “I don’t know where I’ll have to go once I’m older. Can’t just stay at home my whole life yknow?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:56 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh my gosh that sounds superb!! Did you get to go to any drag shows or is that not your scene?)

"Yeah, probably not. But a lot of Ashes congregate around Clawholm, for some reason. I'm not sure about Loquitur traditions. But you can go wherever you want!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:12 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(I’ve only been to one drag show ever but absolutely adored it and would jump on the opportunity for another — but no I settled for the parade only. My knee is still hurting rather badly and I didn’t want to push it by doing too much)

Not back in time, though — to a time when Papa was still alive and she wasn’t a slave and actually had self-worth. And not back home now, apparently, since her parents didn’t want her there. And those were the only places she had even the slightest desire to be. But her pessimism was upsetting Emery for some reason, so she settled on, “True enough.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:19 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Ah that's fair. It's great that you got to go to the parade all the same! Nothing quite compares to a pride parade)

"Have you thought about going off-continent and traveling around the different countries?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:22 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(For sure! I have 0 idea where I’ll be next June but I really hope it’s close by somewhere that’ll have a big pride like this. Maybe I’ll try to go to some of the other queer events the rest of the month we shall see)

“Why?” she asked. What purpose did she have leaving the continent?

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:24 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Great idea!!)

"It's just really cool, according to Gaius. Lots of different cultures, different animals, landscapes, all that. Might be worth seeing at least once in a lifetime."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:26 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“I mean… yeah,” she agreed. “It’d be very interesting. But I’ve no purpose to go. It’d just be a waste for me to meander around off continent for no reason.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:31 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Not a waste if you're enjoying yourself. Think of it as a vacation!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:33 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“I’ve never been on vacation,” she said quietly. “And what would I need one from? I don’t do anything useful at baseline to need a break from. Vacations are for…” she wasn’t actually sure how she wanted to end that sentence. Only rich people took vacations. But. Well… was she rich people now? What an odd thought.

[they/he]

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle