z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 8)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:57 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Hehe, knowing professors outside of school is so weird. My German professor's husband teaches my brother piano and my biology professor goes to my church)

"I'm sure she'll laugh about it. She's a cheery sort."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:02 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Haha it really is so weird. I also went to church with my bio prof when I was in undergrad and he was like “at church you can call me Enzo but on campus I’m required to require you to call me doctor” and I was like “ha-ha, that’s funny that you think you have a first name other than doctor, Dr. A” xD)

“That’s good.” Zander nodded. “I’m so glad she can have friends her age again. I think Tadaaki’s the only friend she has in this world — apart from her new siblings — and even he’s got what, 6 or 7 years on her?”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:15 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Whoof)

"Then this'll be really good for her. Has she been around kids her age aside from her sisters at this point? I mean, after getting taken?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:22 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I don’t think so.” Zander sighed and shook his head. She briefly mentioned an older stableboy that she was replacing after she first got taken — Alcan, I think it was — who she seems to have counted as an ally. But he was heading into the mansion as a page, which is why she was replacing him. So I don’t think they got much time. And that’s been over a year at this point.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:26 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Poor thing." Emery winced. "Must be hard not to have had peers. It's important to have someone to lean on. Tadaaki was good, absolutely, but nothing helps like having someone your age around."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:30 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I couldn’t agree more.” Zander sighed. “It breaks my heart. She asked permission to have friends. I just..” he sighed again.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:34 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Emery looked dismayed by that. "Seriously? Gods..."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:38 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander nodded grimly. “I’m eternally grateful for what Tomhas has done for her. But part of me wishes he’d left the bastard alive for me. I’ve never wanted to kill someone as much as I want to kill Aleth… but that ship has sailed I guess.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It has indeed." Emery grimaced. "I didn't see it actually happen but I saw the body and the snow after..."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:41 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Did you?” Zander perked up, looking over at him. “How did all that come about?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:45 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, the way I remember it, Ky excused herself after spilling a glass of wine. She was panicking, I think. Aleth excused himself as well and then they both started yelling, and Tomhas ran out after them. He chased Aleth to the horses with his sword, got a hit in, then sliced him open at the stomach." Emery shuddered. "I hear he was still alive for a few minutes after that. Gaius was out there too, talking to Aleth while Sera comforted Ky."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:54 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander nodded, expression staying perfect neutral even though this was a topic guaranteed to piss him off any and every time he thought of it. “What were they yelling about?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:58 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Hoo..." Emery thought for a moment. "He was trying to kill her. He thought she'd given him away. What actually happened is that Tomhas told Gaius everything in the tent. But I guess Aleth didn't like the vibes over dinner, so when Ky fled he decided to keep her from telling them any more. Something like that."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander twitched, face hard, but he nodded. “What a bastard.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:11 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I think Gaius wanted him to die slower, but Tomhas got there first and started having a panic attack a little after, so Gaius couldn't do anything more."

she/her

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore