z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 7)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:51 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Do you suppose Pamela and Zander have gotten up there by now?)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:52 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(I’d think so… Ky would not have calmed down quickly haha)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:55 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Alrighty)

Pamela had seen Zander to his room and wished him a cordial goodnight, then locked the door before leaving, as per her orders.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:07 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander wasn’t thrilled with this turn of events, and cursed Gaius’s goddamn paranoia more than once as he paced anxiously in his room. He hoped Ky would come. He wouldn’t be able to see her face, or give her the hug she so desperately deserved and would almost certainly need. But at the very least he would have assurance that she was calmed down enough to not be embarrassed in front of Pamela, since she’d assume that they’d be in his room talking.

Which is indeed what she’d assumed. She got to his door and knocked. He swiftly walked towards his door. “Ky?”

“Yeah.” Ky tried his door.

“It’s locked for the night,” he said.

She sighed loudly.

“I know.”

She sighed again. There was nothing to be done about it, now. “Goodnight, I suppose.”

They couldn’t talk through the door without waking the rest of the hall up.

Zander closed his eyes, frustrated. “Love you.”

“Love you,” she murmured, then turned and miserably started back towards her room, feeling even worse than she had before. She’d squandered the last bit of time she had with Zander tonight, all for pride's sake. And it hadn’t even been spared, since Lyra watched her cry instead of Pamela.

She was so tired.

And was already getting tired of this place. With its doors and its locks and its secrets.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:10 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I have nothing else for this scene; wanna skip or do you have anything else planned?)

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:11 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Nope, I’ve got nothing else! Where would you like to skip to?)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:15 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Wherever! We've got a lot of time to play with; we can meet the teens or read the diaries, or pick a sword trainer or develop relationships with the former slaves. Whatever you like!)

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:18 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(I feel like the diaries might be a bit of a slow burn, unless you have urgency with like Gaius remembering lol she’d probably not push her luck for a few weeks honestly. Maybe sword trainer? Idk. She still needs the stitches out, too)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:29 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Gaius is probably gonna try to get those diaries squirreled away but I agree that it should be a slow burn. Maybe he moves them and she has to go looking?
Let's get her stitches out and then go see a sword trainer then!)

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:15 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Hmmm honestly I don’t think she’d go looking if he did that haha she’s willing to defy when she’s got plausible deniability of ‘I thought if it was here—‘ more than open defiance. You think he might forget for like a week or two? Wish she wouldn’t have brought it up haha)

Ky barely slept. She was too worked up to properly rest and kept waking up. She was fairly clingy through breakfast, hyper aware she was losing Zander soon. But now she was up in the infirmary to get the stitches out. She awkwardly stood in the doorway, not sure what to do.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:23 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(He definitely won't forget but maybe he'll have people watching. He does want her to prove herself.)

Sera had been mid-conversation with Rickard, but she looked up as she heard Ky approach. She smiled at her. "Hello, Ky! Come in, please. How are you this morning?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:30 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(And then she fails haha I could maybe have her get her pride get bruised from her swordsmanship lesson and retreat to the library to lick her wounds in private and maybe get curious at that point? But the more I think about it the more I’m sure she won’t go looking if he moves them. So either quick or him testing her haha definitely want it to happen)

“I’m well, how are you?” Ky smiled and stepped further into the room, closing the door behind her.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:34 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Let's have him test her then. I like your idea!)

"Very well, thank you. Here to get your stitches out?" She rolled up her sleeves. "I've got my supplies laid out already."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:36 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Perfect! Ky, bold, hiding the diary behind an astronomy book — Ingrid, rats her out — Gaius walks in like an ice storm and busts her)

Ky smiled and rolled her own sleeve up. “Thank you.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:38 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Hehee)

(I'll be curious to see if she takes one of Michael's or one of Septimus's, or a bunch of both)

"Go ahead and have a seat." She gestured to a bed and took her tray over to the bedside.

she/her

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington