z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:49 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I think he knows I needed him," Ky murmured, also looking down at her kitten with a smile. "That's why he's so perfect."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:01 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Animals have a sixth sense, I think." Tomhas reached for his tea again with a yawn. "Mm, so early in the day and I'm already tired."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Perhaps a nap is in your future?" Ky suggested with a smile. "It is your rest day, after all."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:05 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"A nap does sound lovely." Tomhas sat up. "But I have yet to finish my tea and it's so warm in here...I could stay in this room forever."

(Hey, when's Arthur coming along?)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:07 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"It's quite a nice room," Ky agreed. "A warm fire, tea, a kitten, and good company. What more could you want?"

(I was thinking soon! Do you want him to come in?)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:09 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Sure, whenever's good for you!)

"Only a little spike in the tea to stir the heart." Tomhas patted his chest and closed his eyes, sighing through his nose happily.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:12 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky chuckled softly.

There was a soft rap on the door.

Ky straightened her back a bit, ready to leave if it was someone who had business with Loquitur. Since he'd declined her offer to be his assistant, she wanted to give him his privacy.

(I don't know if Arthur would just open the door or if Loquitur would invite him in?)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:16 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(A servant would probably announce him)

Tomhas opened his eyes and craned his neck to look over the arm of the chair. "Yes, hello?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:22 am
View Likes
Shady says...

The door swung open and a tall, lithe woman walked inside. "Sir, Arthur is here to see you."

Ky didn't know who that was. She looked up curiously as the man stepped into view.

Her heart felt like it exploded when Isya Hren walked into view. Isya.Here. Of all people. Of all places.

Ky got up so quickly she fell over the arm of her chair, quickly righting herself as she hid behind the chair. Petrir hissed as he fell into the not-vacant chair.

How had Isya gotten here already? She wasn't surprised that Aleth had hired someone to kill her. But someone of Isya's caliber? And so soon? It didn't make sense. And if he wasn't here to kill her, then--

"Sir, he's--!" 'Bad' 'An Assassin' 'Here to kill you' None of the words would come out. She scrambled forward just as quickly as she'd fallen out of the chair, putting herself directly between Loquitur and Isya. Her body was trembling violent from sheer terror, but she forced herself to stay between them. "Isya, please."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:27 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Arthur!" Tomhas shot to his feet, arms outstretched. "How are you, old boy? What's the report?" He wrapped the man in a hug. "Haven't seen you in an age, thank you for coming. Ah--" His head snapped to Ky. "Ah, have--have you two met?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Sir, he's--" Ky was bewildered by the response. They... knew each other? Then that made. Her eyes went wide and she took a step backward, still trembling as she looked back at Isya. "Wait, are you here for me?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Am I Arthur/Isya then?)

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:39 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(I wasn't sure since Arthur is one of your characters in canon? Whatever works though!)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:45 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Arthur's a canon character, but his only appearance is on the family tree. I could play him if ya like.)

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:47 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Ohh, I see. But yeah, that sounds fun! I imagine Arthur would know who Ky is from interactions of when Aleth hired him before?)

[they/he]

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind