Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Probably!)

(I may have done a description for Arthur in Discord or somewhere but I dunno so I'll bs one)

"For you?" The young man who had entered let go of Tomhas and took a step forward, bewildered. "Ky? What the hell are you doing here? What is he doing here?" He turned to Tomhas. "Surely you of all people wouldn't be hiring Aleth?"
"Quite the contrary, cousin." Tomhas clapped him on the back. "But that's a discussion for another time. You two know each other? Tell me everything! Come, sit, sit!" He ushered the newcomer over to another chair, where Arthur allowed himself to be sat down.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:57 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(I don't remember if you did, so perfect!)

"Cousin?" Ky choked. "You're -- he's-- but..."

Ky shuffled backward away from the chair, still looking at Isya warily. She forced her voice deeper, regretting the fact that she wasn't wearing her binder, since she wasn't sure whether she was supposed to be Kyber again now that Isya had shown up.

Her brain couldn't seem to process what was happening.

She looked at Loquitur, bewildered. "You do know he's an assassin? And a good one?"

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:02 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Technically sixth cousin...or something. But yes! And yes, I'm well aware. That's what he's here for." Tomhas plopped back down in his chair. "Top-notch, and he chose to come to me instead of Gaius. Aren't I lucky?"
Arthur sat in his chair in silence, a bit rigid as his eyes flickered over Ky, taking in everything. Sitting beside Tomhas, the family resemblance was vague but present. The cheekbones and jawline--trademarks of the Ash bloodline--were the most notable, but there were small things in the shape of their eyes as well. Arthur was younger by almost ten years, though, and his skin was several shades darker than Tomhas's. In addition, his long, braided hair was black, not brown, and his eyes (one of which drifted permanently to the left) were a darker blue-gray as opposed to Tomhas's intense cobalt.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:05 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky stared at Isya just as intently as he was staring at her. She certainly hoped that Loquitur was lucky. Isya seemed to be the kind to be as likely to shank you as help you, and for all Ky knew, he was here to double-cross Loquitur. She kept her eyes on Isya but directed her words at Loquitur, still making her voice deeper. "I sure hope so, sir."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:08 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I've decided I won't pry into why you know each other," Tomhas announced. "But I'm dying to know this bellow's reputation in the underground! I've only had the word of his wife on the money he brings in--and murmurings from others." Arthur's face twitched into a half smile before returning to a pensive expression.
"You look different," he said finally, gesturing to Ky. "Softer."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:13 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I..." Ky finally sat down, picking up the kitten again. He clawed her leg but she barely even noticed, still staring intently at Isya, as if watching him could make him more trustworthy. She didn't know how to respond -- whether she should admit to the truth or not. She didn't particularly want the word getting out to all the unsavories that she was here, and not, in fact, Kyber. That would make Aleth angry. She lowered her voice again. "Don't know what you're talking about."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:16 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas watched the interaction with wide eyes, legs crossed under him.

Arthur opened his mouth to respond, then narrowed his eyes and shook his head. "As you wish." He turned to Tomhas. "I had a report for you. Should we...?"
"This is my free day," Tomhas sighed. "Let's make it quick and stay here while we talk. Do you need tea?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:18 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky looked between them, still so perplexed. But she decided if the two of them thought this was fine, she'd be okay with it, too. At least, not argue with it. She looked at Loquitur. "Should I go?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:21 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I'm off to bed now. Goodnight!)

"Er, probably for the best." Tomhas smiled apologetically. "Sorry, Ky." Arthur dipped his head awkwardly.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:24 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Good night! I'm heading that way too lol)

"It's alright." Ky stood up and scooped up the kitten. "I've never enjoyed your updates. No offense."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:19 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"None taken." Arthur watched her go.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:25 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Where shall we go from here?)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:31 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Well we did our scene with Arthur, we could go pretty much anywhere. We could go to Aleth or Pratik arriving at their respective areas.)

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:51 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Wanna switch to Aleth/Ash? I’m good for Pratik/Tarr tho if you’d prefer!)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:05 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I'd love to do Aleth and Ash!)

she/her

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah