z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:53 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"My son's father is a dear friend of ours," Constance replied. "He didn't make the journey with us, and we're all looking forward to seeing him again."

(Do you think we could skip? I was so excited about Caracal Keep but I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of things to say about it.)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:11 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky hesitated. She hadn't really considered the fact that their son must have had a father, too. But then she smiled and nodded. "Then I'm glad you'll see him soon. I'm sure he must miss you as well!"

(I'm good to skip! I also haven't really had ideas on how to help keep the conversation going :3 The only idea I have for Caracal keep is the one idea we had about having Isya/Arthur show up like we talked about before but a meal isn't really a great time for that to happen -- I'd like it to be somewhere that they're all standing up, if that's feasible lol -- so I'd be good to skip to wherever. Do you have a preference?)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:36 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(We can do Isya/Arthur if ya like, or we could do a change of scenery and skip a couple weeks to when Aleth arrives at Serpent Keep or Pratik arrives at Wolf Keep?)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:42 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(How about an Isya/Arthur scene then we skip to another place? Maybe do a mini time skip here at Caracal keep first for Isya to show up? Idk, maybe there's like a sitting room or something where Ky/Tomhas/whoever else are talking then Isya walks in? Idk, just spitballing)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:13 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Works for me! Would you mind setting us up there? There'll be a nice casual sitting room for Tomhas to talk to Ky and Tadaaki.)

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:32 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky settled in one of the overstuffed chairs in the middle of the room, nearest the door to the hall. She was starting to feel more confident with being at Caracal Keep. She’d asked Loquitur to tell her if she committed any faux pas and was trusting that he’d tell her if he was upset by her.

Tadaaki was taking a bit longer to warm up, but even he was starting to relax a bit. They were both safe. And his family was on the way.

Ky pet her kitten, smiling down at it before she looked back up at Loquitur. “How are you today, sir?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Hey, I'm so sorry this took so long! My German course on top of my summer job have really taken it out of me and I probably should have let you know I'd be gone.)

Tomhas was lounging on a high-backed armchair across from her, legs hanging over one of the arms. He stirred his cup of tea thoughtfully, gazing intently at the many, many sugar particles floating in the dark liquid.

"I could be better," he said finally. "But I could be much, much worse. War really takes it out of you, I've got to say." He took a sip of the tea finally and jerked back with a hiss, spilling some of it on his fur-trimmed doublet. "Ack, too hot--much too hot." Tomhas stuck out his tongue and wiped at his doublet. "Er...how are you?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:24 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(All good! This was a nice surprise to log into just now haha I love this rp sm ^-^ good luck with German and working!)

Ky smiled, endeared, then sobered, not quite sure if she was allowed to be amused by it. She hesitated a second, then smiled again, hoping it came across as friendly rather than rude. "I've very well, thank you... is there anything I can do to ease your stress?"

48 words

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:18 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Thanks! I love it, too :D )

"Pff, not unless you can perform miracles." Tomhas sat up properly and set his tea on the table next to the chairs. "Damn, this was my new doublet...no, I'll just relax for now. Today's my calm day, no meetings or anything. I'll probably go riding later." He tried to wipe down the doublet again with a sigh. "So, what have you been up to? Are you enjoying the Keep?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:25 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Very much so, sir!" Ky said eagerly. These had been some of the best weeks of her life. Well, at least of her life after being snatched from her farm. "I've been learning so much about swordsmanship! It's been delightful. Do you enjoy sparring?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:52 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas nodded. "Yes, a bit. It's definitely good exercise and I'm not half bad, but I've always enjoyed diplomacy more. I'm glad you've been enjoying yourself!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:19 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Thank you!” She smiled at him. “Diplomacy is certainly difficult in different ways… but at least it doesn’t leave you bruised… usually.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Unless it's your pride." Tomhas smiled. "Luckily for me, I have almost none. Keep it humble, I always say."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:56 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“It’s an admirable trait,” Ky agreed. “Papa always said kindness is the most important thing a person can have. And he thought it was rare to be both kind and proud at the same time.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:13 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Your father was a wise man; I quite agree with him." Tomhas reached for the tea again, blowing on it reproachfully. "Unfortunately, we nobles seem to think there's a lot to be proud of and that kindness is something owed to us, not something we ought to give to others."

she/her

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil