z

Young Writers Society

The Ringing of the Bells

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"The worst pair of decisions that I ever made," said Harry, quietly. A fresh pair of tears flowed down his face. "And the one person that ever treated me like a child."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage still had his own tears to wipe, but he still (a little hesitantly) held out part of his cloak for Harry to wipe his on.

"Was it a long time ago?" he asked.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:52 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry accepted the cloak with hands that were on the verge of trembling. He didn't even know what to feel at the moment. It was very rare that he broke down like this in front of people he barely knew, and it was certainly a first that anyone offered to comfort him at a time like. He dabbed at his eyes and gave Mage a smile that he hoped would convey his gratitude.

"It was," he said finally. "A very long time ago. Too long ago. Long enough for things to truly be lost forever."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Harry's smile did convey his gratitude.

Mage studied him for another moment, giving a sniffle of his own as he tried to piece together Harry's story. He had always been good at putting together clues—Kiera had always praised him for that. Whenever they had read stories together, he had always been able to guess secrets that characters never outright said.

But it was hard figuring out what Harry really meant. All he knew was that Harry had some kind of loss he blamed himself for, too. That could have been enough, but...

He wanted to do more. He wanted to help more.

"...Do you want to talk about it?" he hesitantly asked.
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:16 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Hmm," said Harry, thinking out loud. He was seriously considering saying yes. It wasn't a story he'd ever tell anyone lightly. There wasn't a lot of people he'd trusted with that information in the past, but here it seemed only fair. Mage had opened up to him and if his septillions of years of experience working with people had taught him anything, he knew he could trust Mage. He did have to be sure Mage could handle it though, he didn't want to add to Mage's current problems.

"Yes," Harry said hesitantly,"but it isn't pretty, are you sure you want to know?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage nodded.

"I've seen things that weren't pretty before," he said, his voice quiet.
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:02 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"It was a long time ago," began Harry, as another tear slowly made its way down. "I was very young. Young enough that I was still aging back then, probably younger than you are now."

Harry paused to will the tears on his cheeks to evaporate. This was harder than he'd expected it to be.

"I was..I wasn't always The Darkness, well I was, but I didn't know that. While my siblings were all born together and raised like they were meant to, I landed in the darkest corner of the planet I now call home. I was alone...and a weak, barely healthy kid on a random street made for a very easy target for the owners of a gladiator ring. The first time I had fight for my death, I was only a week old and I didn't even know what a sword was. That's about how the first eleven years of my life went by, just training and trying not to die. As the weakest one there, I used to think they just wanted to get rid of me as quickly as possible. And then..."

Harry voice broke slightly at the memories rapidly flowing past.

"Then...I met her. Shiyara. She took me under her wing. Taught me how to survive, how to fight and how to...escape. She was the closest thing to a parent that I ever had. And yet, when I finally managed to make my escape, she chose to stay behind so I could make it...and I watched from afar as they..."

The tears were flowing freely now.

Hands trembling slightly, Harry flicked his wrist, and a thin metallic tube shot out.

"Its been so long ago that I can no longer visit her in the land of the dead. This is all..this is all I have left."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage had one question lingering in the back of his mind after Harry finished speaking, but he knew now wasn't the time to bring it up.

"I'm sorry," Mage whispered, staring at the thin, metal tube. He wasn't sure what it was, but it made him think of how little he had left of Kiera. He pulled his cloak a little tighter.

Then he glanced up at Harry's face.

"...Are they...Are they still around?" he asked. "The people who worked at the gladiator ring?"
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:44 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry spun the tube around as he considered Mage's question. He pressed the button set into the side of it, and the weapon expanded into its full form, springing to life as quickly as it had the first time that he'd wielded it.

It was very short, barely seven inches long. The blade was black, shining with an intensity that should've been impossible for the color. Glowing white runes were etched onto the blade, spelling out its name. Its handle was a simply black leather wrap, with a small blue sapphire set into the very end doubling as the pommel and sheathing mechanism.

He ran a finger over the runes, and the still razor sharp edges.

"No," he said finally," not anymore. The planet we were on is long gone, they couldn't have survived that particular event."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage was silent for a minute.

The blade wasn't like any weapon he had seen before, but he didn't need to have seen something like it to understand its significance. The few things he had left of Kiera meant everything to him—and were also a painful reminder of what he no longer had.

"...I'm glad you don't have to worry about them anymore," Mage softly said.

He was quiet for another few moments, his mind drifting back to the situation he was in right now. He glanced at Harry's face. He was starting to think something he knew he shouldn't have been thinking. Something that, if he was right, was something no one person was supposed to ever know. He bit his lip, tail wrapping around his waist. He had mentioned it when they first met, but was now really the right time to bring it up?

"...My world was supposed to be destroyed," Mage finally, hesitantly said. "...Only Infernum, Caelum, and Medium were supposed to be left. Everything was supposed to be gone. But I'm here now, and I don't think I'm supposed to be able to leave Arium. Do you...do you think that the angels lied about that...?"
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:52 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry nodded at Mage's statement, giving him a smile. He sat lost in though for some time before sheathing the weapon and returning it to its position on his wrist mounted multi holster.

Mage then began talking again, and Harry turned to see what he had to say. At the end of it, Harry was left thinking once again.

"Hmm..." he said after a while. "Now I haven't heard of any of these world personally, so I can't really confirm, but from the way you talk of these angels, and the fact that it appears they already lied about that one thing...I'd say, there's a good chance they lied about it. They don't seem to be the most truthful people."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage took a long, deep breath.

He wasn't sure how he was supposed to feel after hearing that. Part of him had always hoped it wasn't true. Kiera's stories had always sounded so real. He had always wanted to see the faraway kingdoms and lands they had read about together. If those places were still around, he could go there.

He could do what he had always dreamed of doing with her.

He let the breath out as a tiny, tense sigh.

"They're not," he agreed.
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry nodded solemnly. Now that things were starting to slowly calm down, the mission they were currently on came to mind, not to mention the fact that poor Stean had probably been awkwardly standing over the unconscious form of the demon creature for quite a while now. He was much too polite to have interrupted them.

"So...are you feeling up to continuing, we're almost at the location, we just have to grab what we need and we can get you back?" said Harry, giving him a small smile.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:21 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage froze.

He had known that he would be going back, but he hadn't really registered how soon his return would be. He hadn't processed what it would mean to go back after everything that had happened here. Slipping past the guard, fighting monsters in the dark, and talking with Harry felt like it had taken a lifetime.

"I'm ready," he said.

He paused, looking over at Harry with a shy, hesitant expression on his face.

"Could I...Could I come back to visit?" Mage asked. "After I go back to my world?"
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:01 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry gave him a gentle smile.

"Of course," said Harry," you can visit my own home too, if you want. I just happened to be passing through this planet. You know, I was actually very annoyed at having to help you out, cause I was supposed to be having movie night with my sister, but I'm glad I decided to come anyway. I've enjoyed the time I spent helping you."

He turned to Stean and raised his voice. "You can get off guard duty now. We have a bell to locate."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince