590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Ringing of the Bells

The OOC Thread

Brought to you by @HarryHardy and @Magebird!

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry walked further into the tomb. There was some kind of weird disturbance inside it and he knew that he was going to have to figure out exactly what it was. He sighed as he thought of how he could have spent that day lazing around his home. If only he'd not let Jason talk him into doing this. For the three hundredth time that day, he wished Jennifer had been around to help convince Jason that they didn't need to check out this stupid old tomb.

He stopped inside the main room. It was the deepest, darkest point of the tomb. There seemed to be some kind of light coming from the center of the room.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage climbed into the ruins.

The air was cold outside. It bit at his pale cheeks as he slipped out of the fading twilight and into the darkness. He needed somewhere warm and secluded to stay the night. He knew there was a town nearby; he couldn't risk setting up a normal kind of camp.

He tapped into his Sin and conjured a flame up in his hand. Its warmth and light guided him farther into the forgotten set of ruins. They probably were once meant to worship angels or belonged to some ancient civilization, but the writing on its walls had faded too much for him to clear tell.

Even though it was dark and unfamiliar, Mage felt comfortable when he realized the ruins were going deep into the earth. Not Infernum deep, but enough to almost feel like home-

He caught sight of a light up ahead.

The light was even fainter than the flame he had created, but he extinguished his Sin in case he wasn't the only person who had decided to spend the night in a place like this. As quietly as possible, he approached the source with his tail wrapped around his legs underneath his worn, ratty brown cloak.

There was some kind of doorway in the center of the ruins.

It was glowing with an unfamiliar Blessing or Sin - Mage wasn't sure which one he hoped it was more. Even though it looked like it was just a stone structure, he couldn't make out what was behind it.

He hesitantly approached it.

But before he could watch it from afar, his foot caught on a fallen pillar that was right near it. Mage stumbled. He tried to regain his balance, but things only got worse when he stumbled on the stairs leading up to the doorway. He felt strange, unfamiliar warmth as he went tumbling through the doorway. There was a ringing of a bell from the side he originally had been on, and then the doorway suddenly stopped glowing when he sprawled across the floor on the other side.

Mage bit his lip and refused to let himself give a cry of pain, even though he was pretty sure he had twisted his ankle in the trip. He was so in pain that he didn't notice someone else was in the room - someone who couldn't yet see he was a demon thanks to the hood cover his face and horns and the other part of the cloak covering the rest of him.
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:40 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A figure suddenly spilled out of the light. The figure was wearing some kind of cloak complete with a hood that covered most of it. Well that's new. Harry took a few steps closer to investigate the thing. From what he could see of its energy, it wasn't dead, nor was it really alive. Interesting

"Hello?" asked Harry.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage froze.

He wasn't alone.

He wanted to raise his head up to catch a glimpse of whoever had spoken to him, but he couldn't run the risk of it being a human. They weren't an angel. They couldn't be. Angels rarely came down from Caelum, and they liked to stick to city squares. That was what was one of the first lessons Kiera had taught: stay away from the hearts of cities to avoid both angels and the many humans that lingered there.

If he raised his head, his hood could fall back. His miraculously hidden horns would be revealed in an instant. If not that, his eyes would be revealed.

"Hi," Mage replied. His voice cracked at the very end of the word - jumping an octave higher than he ever wanted it to. Cursing the inconvenience of puberty and voice cracks, he deepened his voice a little more and replied with a much stronger, "Who are you?"
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:51 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry frowned at the crack in the voice. Now that was suspicious.

"Who are you?" continued the stranger.

Harry frowned. "I think that's an excellent question, one which I think I would like you to answer."

He took a few steps inside the tomb, trying to asses who it could possibly be.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Curiosity - and worry - got the better of him. He raised his head ever so slightly to catch a glimpse of who was standing in front of him. At first, all he saw was the bottom of a strange outfit. It wasn't like any clothes he had ever seen before. Maybe they were from another region of Medium. Mage was still learning about all of the differences, even though Kiera had been good about teaching him. Maybe it was some kind of ceremonial garb.

Then he saw the very tips of feathers trailing on the ground.

Mage sat up with a start.

He rushed to his feet, fire and darkness Sin mixing together in his hands as he took a step back towards the weird doorway he had fallen through. It was impossible, but he was with an angel. He didn't know that angels had blue-tinted skin. He didn't know they had visible veins. And he certainly had never seen an outfit like the angel's before. But angels were the only people with wings, so it was the only thing that made sense.

In the rush to get up, his hood fell back - revealing his horns and demonic eyes.
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:34 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

The stranger got to his feet seeming a little startled which was probably fair, no one in this area would be familiar with the form he was currently inhibiting. Harry tried for a reassuring smile, hoping that would calm the stranger. Fire and something that looked like a watery shadows had flowed across their hands. It was definitely a defensive move.

In their rush, the hood of the stranger fell back, revealing a pair of horns. Demon?...Afgiun?...why did I suddenly forget all of this?...Lemme just ask.

Harry took a cautious step forward in case he startled the stranger.

"Hey, not here to hurt you," began Harry then decided to add, "well, unless you're doing some nefarious deeds in which case I do have to hurt you. Could you just tell me who you are and most importantly, what you're doing here?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The darkness started to spread. It curled around his wrists and up his forearms, giving the impression of either very curiously shaped bracelets or a very mangled pair of gloves. Mage didn't really notice; he just liked the comfort of being enveloped by his own Sin.

"I don't believe you," he said, voice deeper and braver than it really should have been. The fire in his hands burned a little brighter. Promising no harm was what the angels had said when they raided Kiera's house and hadn't realized that the demon she had been accused of interacting with was hiding underneath the floorboards. "Hurting is what people like you do."
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:58 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Huh," said Harry, shrugging, "that's interesting I mean, we don't usually lie. Although I mean, technically, hurting people is what I do, sort of, but that's for those that fall outside certain lines, which I don't know if you're crossing. Now I'm just getting more suspicious." Harry took a few more steps towards the stranger, hands in the air to show that they were empty.

"Can you just please tell me who you are?" he said in what he hoped was an appropriately comforting voice.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage made a frustrated noise.

The angel was being vague and nonchalant. If it was supposed to make Mage trust him, it wasn't working. He kept waiting for the angel to suddenly attack him. Angels never liked demons; it was just one of the rules of how the world worked. And even though this angel wasn't like the ones he had seen at Kiera's house, he was sure that the same rules applied.

"Why should I tell you?" Mage asked. "You won't use it."
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:33 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry rolled his eyes. This was taking way longer than expected. If things went at this rate he wasn't going to be able to watch a movie before the shift. Okay, method 1 didn't work. Let's be a little direct.

"Okay, so your name and species I need to know so that I know where to put you," said Harry, "alright, and don't lie to me, I can tell. I just need to know if you're supposed to be here, not supposed to be here, or came her by accident in which case I would take you where you need to go, arrest you or take you back to where you belong respectively." He took a deep breath.

"Sorry, that was kind of a long sentence," he said, smiling. "So that's it, loud and clear. I really don't have time for nonsense today."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Something wasn't adding up, but Mage was too anxious to nervous. The flames in his hands were glowing a little brighter now. He couldn't go back; it had been years since he was in Infernum. He didn't even have any family to return to there. Even if everyone hated him in Medium because of what he was, it had a freedom he knew he would never get below the surface.

But being taken back wasn't the only option - the angel was thinking of arresting him. The last crime he had committed was before he met Kiera, and that wasn't anything to get arrested over.

"You know what I am," he said. "Just like I know what you are. There's no point in telling you, and even less point in telling you my name. You're going to forget it the moment you take me away."
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:38 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry almost burst out laughing but he managed to pass it off as a coughing fit at the last minute. As if anyone could ever truly know what I am. He let a few seconds pass as he dismissed that thought. Dwelling on any of that would do no one any good.

"On the contrary, I really don't know who you are or what you are, hence why I'm bothering to ask, I wouldn't ask if I knew now would I?" said Harry, "and no, I never forget."

Okay, dramatic approach, let's see if that one works. Harry subtly glanced at his watch. Twenty minutes left to deal with this nonsense.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage couldn't take it any more.

"I'm a demon," he said, his tone scared but also very much exasperated. The flames sparked a little harder; the darkness curled a little tighter. He could feel his heart racing in his chest. Kiera had said he needed to calm himself down when he got like this, but he felt like he was on the verge of a panic attack. He couldn't magically tell himself to stop worrying about whatever was going to happen next. "You're an angel. I-I don't know what you're planning to do to me, but I know you don't really care who I am."
mage

queer and here.

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables