z

Young Writers Society

Birds of a Feather

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:41 am
View Likes
mydwindlingsanity says...

Resa gazed up at him in confusion.

How can he look so sure of himself? His body is practically falling apart yet he seems to have it all together in his head. Surely, he must be lying...

She inhaled deeply before stating decisively, "I will do everything within my power to stop that man from finding you... that is, except … you know, uh, killing him." Her voice lost confidence as the sentence went on. She mustered up the courage to say one last thing. "You do not owe me anything, but I will not keep you any longer. Go..." her voice softened, "and take care of yourself, alright?"

Resa patted Elliott's muzzle and she stepped back. She nodded her head as a way to say "goodbye".

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:50 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James bowed his head.

"I will," he said. "Take care as well, Resa."

He clicked his tongue. Elliot started forward, and James rode him out into the night. He needed to get some distance on Hoss before he stopped to take care of his leg.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:02 am
View Likes
mydwindlingsanity says...

Resa stood there motionlessly as she watched him ride off into the dark shadows of the forest. She didn't move until she could no longer see or hear them. She sighed and felt a familiar ache throb in her chest.

Alone again.

She lifted her head to gaze at the sky, the stars filling up her eyes as they seemed to glow from within.

She lifted her wings and began to fly.

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)