z

Young Writers Society

The Emerald City

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 09, 2020 12:47 pm
Mageheart says...

Wren gave a tiny nod when Amy answered her original question - she wasn't sure what she could say to that. Her family was small, and she was the only person around her age. Her parents were both only children.

But then Amy mentioned her father.

She gave a little nod and stared down at her lap.

"I...I don't know a lot about Jay Whitman," she admitted. "You mentioned him being a cult leader at the cabin, but I had never heard of him before then..."

She snuck a glance over in Amy's direction.

"...I'm not sure if that's comforting or not," she quietly said.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun May 10, 2020 2:28 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Amy laughed nervously. "I'm not sure how old your parents are," she replied. "Maybe they weren't around. Ask anyone who was alive in 1971. My dad... had this harem of girls in Colorado. My mother was one of them. My mom left and two other girls stayed and murdered five people. My brother Adam was the only one of us that actually knew our dad though."

Amy caught herself. She was rambling again. "Anyway, are you sure there isn't a way we can get you home?"

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 11, 2020 6:02 pm
Mageheart says...

"Oh," Wren softly said - she wasn't sure if Amy heard her. She had heard about cults like that before, but the name Jay Whitman still didn't ring any bells. Still, she could see why Amy had gotten so upset when she had shown up on her doorstep earlier - both as herself and as Adrian. She probably thought it had something to do with her dad.

Then she shook her head.

"I can't think of anything," she admitted. "I've been trying to. But the only power I have is shapeshifting, and I don't even know if the person who sent me here is alive yet."

She let out a quiet sigh and stared down at her lap again.

"...There has to be something," she said. "I know there has to be. But I'm just not sure what. I...I wish we were back at the cabin again. Maybe it could have given me something to get out-"

An idea suddenly came to her.

She looked up, her eyes alight as she glanced over at Amy.

"Maybe I could ask Wilson!" she said. "I don't know if my phone will work, but she gave me her number before we left the cabin. She goes to different time periods all the time, so she must have some way of making it work. And if my phone doesn't work, maybe I could try calling her on yours?"

As she spoke, Wren took her phone out of her pocket. She wasn't all that surprised when her text to Wilson didn't send - it was just a simple "hi" as a test.

She looked back over at Amy.

"...I think I need to use your phone," she sheepishly admitted.
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Amy was distracted by Wren's phone.

"Whoa, that's a phone?" She exclaimed. She supposed in the future, everyone carried their phones with them, and they were tiny and sleek. She knew Adam had a cell phone, but it was about as big as his head and they were expensive.

"Sure," she said, gesturing to the place on the wall where it was. "Go for it." Then she added, "Can I look at your phone? It's so cool."

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 13, 2020 10:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wren smiled - both because Amy was letting her use her phone, and because Amy was interested in Wren's phone. Amy had never really learned about the good parts to the year Wren lived in. She just knew about the bad sides of the future. Wren was happy that Amy could find something nice about this whole situation, especially when it seemed like Wren being here just stressed her out.

"You can," she said. "Let me just unlock it - it went to sleep while we were talking."

After she unlocked the screen, she handed it over to Amy.

Then she went over to the phone on the wall and called Wilson.

Wren was right - Wilson could bring her back to her time. It didn't take long for Wilson to come, and it took even less time for Wren to say goodbye to Amy. She wasn't sure how she felt when Wilson dropped her off in an abandoned alleyway in New York City. She had been happy to see Amy, but their conversations had been just as tense as they had been at the cabin.

Wren let out a sigh and shook the thoughts away.

Switching her form from her own to the Actor's, Wren stepped out onto the street - if they met again, she hoped it was in better circumstances. Maybe they wouldn't argue as much...
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 14, 2020 3:03 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Amy watched as Wren walked out onto the street. Back to her time. Was it really only 1 o'clock? So much had happened this morning already.

She flopped onto her bed, and closed her eyes.

That was all she could do right now.

She was looking forward to Cleveland at Christmas. With her family. Would she tell them about any of this? She didn't know.

One day at a time.

The End

-- Walt Disney

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn