453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:16 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

The Celebrity Conundrum

By @Liberty & @LZPianoGirl

Last edited by Lib on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*insert quirky signature here*

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:55 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery woke up with a big yawn, and slammed a fist on the ringing alarm clock. He looked at the time -- ten o'clock -- and groggily got out of bed.

He was still trying to get used to the fact that he wouldn't hear any clanking from the kitchen or any knocks on his door from his family members. He had recently just moved into this apartment, a couple of months ago, for university.

Avery rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and trudged into the bathroom to freshen up. He splashed water on his tan skin, and looked at himself in the mirror sleepily. His brown hair looked as messy as ever, but alas, he couldn't control the spiders jumping onto his head in the nightmares.

Soon, he continued wih his morning schedule and checked his calender. July fourteenth. He sighed. Boring. Nothing special.

He looked around for his phone in this messy room, and sent his friend a message.

Me: What are we doing today? I'm bored

He could visit his family, but he had done so yeterday and the day before. Oh, how he wished he could be a little kid again. At least he'd have something to do for once, other than studying, eating and sleeping. A pet would have been nice. He rolled his eyes. As if. Allergies wouldn't allow him.

Grabbing the TV remote and some cereal, he flopped onto his couch in the living and surfed through random channels.
Last edited by Lib on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:49 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alexandria woke up with a start. Another nightmare, the third this week. This one seemed quite longer than the others. Alex turned over with a groan. After a few minutes of trying to fall back asleep, Alex checked her phone.

Avery: What are we doing today? I’m bored

Alex had to think for a moment. What did she need to do today? Surely she had something planned, but it must have escaped her mind when she was running from that zombie clown.

Me: Want to go grab some Starbucks?

Alex rolled out of bed and wandered over to her dresser and mirror. She quickly changed from her pajamas into a plain white t-shirt and leggings. She brushed her hair and put on a headband. She tied her shoes, grabbed her phone, and emerged from her bedroom.

“Well, well, well! Someone’s finally up!” Samuel, her oldest dad, said as she sat down at the table.

“I had to get up eventually, I’m probably going with Avery somewhere,” Alex said, serving herself some bacon.

“Isn’t that your boyfriend?” Isaac, her other dad, said from the couch.

“He is not my boyfriend, dad!” Alex chuckled, her dads would never stop bugging her about getting a boyfriend.

“Alright, you can go, but after you do the dishes and give us a hug.” Samuel opened the dishwasher, “These dishes aren’t going to put themselves away.”

Alex begrudgingly finished her breakfast and started putting away the silverware. It never seemed to end! Samuel seemed to do the dishes so quickly, yet when Alex did them it took an eternity.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:08 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Ping!

Avery checked his phone and smirked. Right when she had sent her message, a Starbucks add had popped up on the TV.

Of course, like a good friend, he had to get up, change his clothes, and drive over to Alex's place to pick her up.

Since he already had jeans and a hoodie out from yesterday, he slipped those on and trotted out into his black Lexus. He turned on the radio, and whistled along to some music.

He passed buildings, houses, stores, trees, and in a matter of minutes, he had reached Alex's apartment and honked the horn, alerting her to get down. And fast. He wasn't the most patient person who had walked on planet earth.

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:49 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex finished the dishes just before she heard the car honk. She opened the window above the sink and leaned out.

“I’ll be right there!” She yelled. They were on the fourth floor, so Avery should have heard her. Alex turned around to face Samuel, who was cleaning up, and Isaac, who was preparing for work.

“He here?” Isaac said, buttoning up his suit-jacket. He was a lawyer at the same law firm he had worked at for seventeen years.

“Yep!” Alex gave both her fathers a hug and grabbed her bag off the hook on her bedroom door, “Bye!”

Alex bolted down the stairs and exited the building. She walked up to Avery’s car, opened the passenger door and sat down.

“How are you?” Alex said as she set her bag down near her feet.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:01 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery smiled at how Alex had yelled down from the window and smiled wider, his dimple showing, when she had raced out.

"Fine. Not too bad. The usual." he said a bit too casually. He started driving towards the cafe that was a block away. "How about you? How are your dads?" he asked her, stopping at a traffic light.

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:56 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“I’m good, thanks for asking.” Alex said, “So are my dads. Samuel’s still looking for a job, but he enjoys staying home. Your parents doing well?” She checked her phone, one text from Isaac.
Isaac: Next time, remember to make your bed in the morning.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:04 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Yeah, they're good. Izzy is getting taller and taller as the days pass." he chuckled slightly at the thought of her. He turned the wheel, and slowed down. "Drive through or inside?" Avery asked, even though he knew he answer well and good.

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:04 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“Inside.” Alex put her phone back into her bag as he slowed down, “It’s not very busy, so it’ll be easy to find a table.”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:11 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

He parked as close as possible to the door, and together, they both walked in to the cafe. They ordered their stuff and took a seat near a window.

Avery took a sip out of his cappuccino and squinted at the sun outside. He sighed. "Alex, why do I have a feeling this summer is going to be boring? We need to go somewhere for god's sake." he said, looking into her eyes. He continued, "Like, I dunno, a trip or something."

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:14 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“I don’t know, I thought this summer would be fun! You’re probably just tired because of school.” Alex thought for a second, then set her iced latte down, “I guess we could go on a trip. But where to?”

Alex turned to the window, deep in thought. She had never been to the states and this would be a good summer to go.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:25 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"New York." Avery blurted. "I've always wanted to go there, but it's up to you, of course." he told her. He took another sip from the cappuccino.

He'd been to the states once, to go to Kansas to meet cousins, but he'd decided he'd never go there again, considering how ill-mannered they were, even in adulthood.

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:34 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“New York? That would be so expensive.” Alex drank some of her iced latte, “We could do it if we drove there, to cut out the cost of the flight. I’d be up for it.”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:49 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Alex, of course I meant driving." Avery rolled his eyes. He took out his phone and searched up some hotels. "Who else is going to go with us? Or just us alone? The later would be cheaper, if we're staying in a hotel."

He finished up the rest of the cappuccino and gawked at the prices of the hotels. "Damn." he whispered to himself.

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:07 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“It’s July, there’s probably a lot of tourists.” Alex finished her iced latte then pulled out her phone, “There’s always Airbnb, it might be cheaper.”

Alex went to Airbnb and looked at prices, “$300 for a one bedroom apartment. It’s pretty close to Central Park. That’s still a crap-ton of money, though.” She passed Avery her phone.

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle