z

Young Writers Society

Lovely Night

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:36 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She shuffled her chips absently, looking around the table. These people weren't all that good at this game.

"I suppose that makes sense," Megara conceded, "but I still think that with the number of times it's happened to me, there has to be something wrong."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She looked over at Megara.

"...How many times has it happened to you?" she slowly asked.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:48 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Megara shrugged, "I've lost count - it's your turn by the way - I'd put the number solidly in the 'too many' zone."

A new conversation had begun around the table about nothing in particular, and Megara didn't bother joining in this time around.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She took a very distracted turn - it wasn't like she had been playing the game to play the game, anyways.

"...Do we even need to keep playing this?" she asked, leaning over. "I don't think we're getting any answers."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:58 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Megara shuffled her chips, "I don't suppose we do-" she started to say when the man whose name she failed to recall called out with a booming voice.

"How about a kiss from the lovely couple!" Megara deeply regretted not eavesdropping at least a little on his conversation as she shrunk down in her seat, blushing harder than she'd ever blushed before.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She froze.

The blush that swiftly appeared on her face was just as bad as the one that appeared on Megara's. She looked over at her, trying her best to figure out how to get out of this. Of course she wanted to kiss her! She just didn't think Megara would feel the same way, especially when they could (probably) come up with a way to get out of this.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:51 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Megara looked to Runi, trying to gauge her willingness. Just part of the ruse, said a rather mean part of her mind. Shut up, she told it.

She didn't want to kiss Runi if Runi wasn't really willing. If she thought it was just part of the ruse...

Megara gave a smile, "I don't know..." she said to the group, still looking at Runi. Asking permission.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She studied Megara's face.

It didn't look like she had a problem with it. Giving a shy, nervous smile, Runi squeaked out a, "Why not?"
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:48 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Still unsure, but taking that as permission, Megara reacher her arms around Runi and pulled her closer.

There was a moment when it was just them. With only inches between them, everyone else felt eternities away. Megara looked into Runi's eyes through the mask, one last check for resistance, and found none. Suddenly, so she surprised even herself, Megara leaned in and kissed Runi.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Runi's eyes widened at the sudden kiss, but she didn't protest it - if anything, she just leaned in even more and returned the kiss with one of her own. It was quick, but it felt like their lips were meeting for an eternity.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:02 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Someone was cheering, but it sounded like they were underwater, or just far, far away. It took Megara a moment to realize that she was light-headed because she wasn't breathing, and she reluctantly pulled away.

And Runi wasn't there.

Neither was anyone else, or anything. Just her home around her, her blades spread out across her bed beside her for the maintenance she'd been meaning to do.

She took a shaky breath. Don't scream.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

When Runi pulled away, she found herself laying underneath her bed's cover with Sanders Sides playing on the TV. It was the episode she remembered - Can Lying Be Good? - but seeing it on the screen felt like it was from a lifetime ago.

She raised a hand up to touch a still flushed cheek. She had just been somewhere else. She was sure of it. Megara hadn't been a figment of her imagination, right?

Her gaze turned back to the TV.

Biting her lip, she realized there was nothing she could do about it for now. She just had to hope they would someday meet again.

The End
mage

queer and here.

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers