The Lost City

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Inspired by Stargate: Atlantis

Tucked away in the corner of one of the universe's many galaxies is a city. This is not a normal city. It has been submerged deep underwater for millennia, its original occupants having fled to return to the safety of another world. It has sat, nestled in the depths of the ocean, waiting for its creators to return. But the city is a forgotten one. The people who lived there have faded from living memory, their descendants blissfully unaware that it exists.

And then the city is awoken.

It rises from the depths of the ocean, welcoming its new occupants. However, there is a glaring problem. The people know walking among its halls have no idea of how they arrived at the city. They have been brought there from a host of other realities and worlds, but with no indication of how they were taken. It is up to them to explore the city and discover why they were taken.

Rules

1.) Feel free to have as many characters you like.

2.) Because this roleplay is not 16+, please do not get extremely graphic in your posts.

3.) Before you make any posts that majorly alter the plot, please run them by me in either the spoilers of your posts or a PM.

4.) When you introduce a character, please describe them in a spoiler in that post or include a link to their profile in the Character Profiles thread.

5.) Enjoy!

Setting

Spoiler! :

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
This is Lucy. Since she currently lacks a character profile, I'll list her description here. When I do make her a profile detailing her characteristics, I'll leave a link for it in this spoiler.

Lucy has her black hair styled into a wild pixie cut, and has blue eyes. She's appears to be somewhere in her late teens; she will say sixteen if asked. She's currently wearing a black cold shoulder sweater, skinny jeans and a pair of short brown boots. Miscellaneous details of her appearance are the mole on her left cheek, spiky blue earrings and the circular birth mark on the back of her neck. She is a robot, but will not let anyone know unless her best friend, Oliver, is alright with the decision - as it would compromise his safety.

The moment she awoke, she knew she was in a strange place. The floor was cold and unfamiliar; her database was unable to identify it as something she had previously experienced. It was a disconcerting thing to realize. Even if she hadn't been in this specific place before, it should have presented some sort of match - even if the match hadn't been exact.

She opened her eyes.

She was in a long hallway. The technology was foreign and alien to her. If there was any doubt about it prior to this moment, she was certain that she wasn't on Earth. Her head pounded at the realization. Where was she, then? How had she been brought her?

She got to her feet.

She struggled to recall what she had been doing last. It had been after school. Oliver had driven the two of them home after his indoor track meet. They pulled into the driveway, and entered their home. And then she was here, confused and afraid. Afraid that they had been discovered, and afraid that Oliver was being harmed.

"Oliver?" she called out.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:14 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Just gonna...just gonna hop in here,
if ya don't mind. I think, I think I'll use Raiden once more

Raiden slowly opened his eyes.
"Huh? I ain't Oliver..." he mumbled, hearing a voice from behind him. Slowly he sat up, yawning.
"Where am I...?" he asked out loud, looking around. His eyes landed on Lucy. He waved at her, before another yawn got to him. It was clear he wasn't all that awake.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I don't mind at all! Welcome to the roleplay, Raiden.

She spun around. With no weapons, it would be easy to overcome her. But the boy who had spoken didn't look particularly threatening. In fact, he looked like he could have gone to her school. Her eyes lingered on the tips of his fingers. There were no noticeable fractures, but mutations weren't uncommon. His fractures might have been occurring elsewhere. Was he human or not? A human boy shouldn't have been caught up in something mysterious like this, yet there was no explanation for why another Zixen would be wherever she was.

She studied his groggy face for another minute before reaching her hand out. "I'm Lucy," she said, "and I'm not sure where we are."
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Nice to meet you Lucy," he said, grabbing the hand and standing himself up, "My name's Raiden." He gave a tired, lopsided grin as he cracked his neck and stretched his arms. He didn't give her appearance much thought - she looked pretty normal, though she had an interesting fashion sense. At least to him, anyway.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She answered the grin with a smile. Though it would be easy to manipulate any external signs for the expression to appear genuine, the smile she gave was a sincere one. However, it didn't last long - it faltered when she turned her attention back to the strange hallway they were in.

The lighting was odd and quite dim. Though she had no access to the inner workings of the infrastructure, she suspected that power was being conserved. She peered farther down the hallway but saw no one. Giving a frustrated little groan, she looked back at Raiden.

"Does this place look familiar to you?" she asked.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:24 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
I'm gonna insert my one character who is afraid of the ocean just to be nice to them :) except it's a modified, modern version of him so no magic and less fantasy. So just imagine him in a big hoodie and jeans and sneakers. Nothing fancy ayy

The strong smell of ocean greeted Bo as soon as he came to, and he jerked awake, being welcomed to the world of the conscious with an aching neck from sleeping while sitting upright. But as soon as he opened his eyes he realized he wasn't in his apartment anymore. Yes, he was very much somewhere else entirely. It looked to him like he'd woken up in a futuristic movie - the architecture looked high tech and screamed sci-fi, but the smell of the ocean still seemed to float to his nose.

Where exactly was he?

Standing up from the metal bench he'd been sitting on, Bo ventured out to the end of the hall and peeked out of the archway that opened up to a porch that was - he took in a wheeze of a breath, and his stomach lurched - looking out at the ocean. The entire building, or whatever it was, was on the coastline, with fancy sci-fi docks reaching out onto the surface of the ocean like extra arms.

Surely, there was a way to get back to shore. He had no idea where he was, or how he got there, but he had to get back on land.

Turning away from the lookout point, feeling a little woozy, he heard the sound of voices down the hall - to which, he curiously followed.

"Hello?" He called out.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Poor Bo! I feel guilty for being so excited about him having a fear of water. (One that Lucy has a little bit, too.) Welcome to the roleplay, by the way!

Kind of a sudden shift, but this is Oliver - Lucy's best friend. He also doesn't have a character profile. Like her, he looks like he's in his teens. He has short blond hair and baby blue eyes. He's tall, lean and has an athletic build. Currently, he's wearing a dark green t-shirt, royal blue track varsity jacket, jeans and sneakers.

He's currently in the control room, so a fair amount away from where the others are.

We've been discovered we've been discovered we've been discovered-

He sat up with a start. His shirt was stuck to his chest, having been soaked with sweat during his slumber. He grabbed onto a handful of fabric and gave the t-shirt a quick little tug. Though it still clung to some of his skin, the majority of it was as loose as it should have been. He was so concerned by the contents of his nightmare that he failed to note where he was for a good minute, though the room should have immediately struck him as unfamiliar.

And then it hit him.

He unsteadily got to his feet. He was in a control room of sorts, with a strange host of technology centered in the area he was standing before. If he descended down a short set of stairs, he would have been in a larger empty space - save for the large circular device jutting out of the ground. He studied it with interest.

His memory was a jumbled mess, but it always was when he first woke up. He frowned. Usually it didn't bother him, but it was incredibly frustrating now. As seconds turned into minutes, his memory gradually returned - he had just come home from school with Lucy in tow, and then he was here.

He bit his lip. This was bad. Besides the fact that his best friend was nowhere to be seen, fractures were beginning to appear on the tips of his fingers. Little bits of gray peeked out from amid a sea of pink skin.

He thrust his hand into his jacket and withdrew a handful of bandaids. He applied them over the fracturing areas with skillful precision; hopefully, the fractures wouldn't become too noticeable.

Now he just had to find out where he was.
mage

queer and here.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:07 am
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Spoiler! :
Hello! This looks fun, so I'm going to try out my character Lola Peters.
She's in the character profiles thread, but the url isn't working for some reason, so here's a rundown of her appearance. Lola is almost six feet tall and wears a nose ring. She has sepia skin and curly black hair down to her shoulders. She's wearing a white sweater and pastel pink pants with some sneakers.

Lola had been lying on the floor for a while. How long, she wasn't sure. But she was sure of one thing, and that was that she was lying on a floor. Not her floor. A floor, in a building that she was pretty sure wasn't her grandparents house. For one thing, this floor wasn't covered with the soft carpets of her grandparents' tacky outdated home. The floor was cool, and hard, and Lola's back hurt from laying on it. Lola's chest rose and fell quickly, and she could already feel panic start to bubble up in her chest. Like ripping off a bandaid, she thought, slowly working up the resolve to get up. Suddenly, she sat straight up and opened her eyes, taking in the alien environment around her.

"That wasn't too bad," she muttered, before she realized that A, she was talking to herself, and B, it was bad. It was very, very, bad. She had no idea where she was. Her chest began to heave, and she blinked back the tears that threatened to spill out. Clinging to the wall, she slowly stood up and peered down the hallway. It was dimly lit, but it went somewhere. Somewhere was better than nowhere.

She began walking down the long hall.

8 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Looks like Star Wars," he answered Lucy, examining the hallway once more. It reminded him specifically of the Death Star, but at the same time looked quite different. He noticed the smell of the ocean now, the saltiness attacking his nostrils. Either 1. There was a sea-water pool nearby or 2. They weren't actually in space.
Hearing a voice call out, he took a few steps in that direction.
"Hello?" he echoed, walking slowly.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@ellasnotebook, welcome to the storybook! I hope you don't mind me having Oliver run into Lola - I can change it if you want me to!

He started to head towards the only door he could find, only to stop when he heard someone approaching the room. It must have led out into a hallway of sorts. He wasn't certain of that fact, but it was too risky to peek out when he didn't know what he was dealing with. It could have been Lucy. He would be immensely grateful if it was. But she had been inhabiting that current body of hers for the past three years, and the footsteps sounded little like hers.

At the same time, who would have brought him here and just left him? If whoever was approaching was involved in bringing him here, they wouldn't have left him unguarded in such a spacious and important room. Then he was dealing with someone else who had been brought here against their will, right?

He stepped out of the room.

Like he had guessed, he had entered into an unfamiliar hallway. He looked in the direction of the footsteps. There was a tall girl approaching where he was. She looked like she could have been her classmate; that was at least a little reassuring. Teenagers tended to be a little more respectful towards other people their age than adults were, and the last thing he needed was a condescending adult who thought they knew better than him.

(They didn't.)

"Hey!" he called out, grinning and waving at her.
mage

queer and here.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:44 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Spoiler! :
@saentiel I don’t mind at all! Also, sorry this is so short! I had to do it really quickly.

Lola stared back at the boy. The brief urge to run away was quickly smothered by her desire for company, and above all, answers.

“Hello,” she replied, “Um...Where am I?”

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:04 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
haha I'm very anxious, but I may as well join.

So yeah, I'm throwing in yet another character from my novel (really, I only have the one project, so all of my characters in RPs come from the same high fantasy setting). He's Aegeas, and he's normally in half-form, so imagine...a 4-5 foot bipedal river otter? Yeah, something like that. He often wears baggy tan pants, a blue shirt, and a belt holding two large (for him) scimitars. He's likely closest to Oliver and Lola. I wonder how they'd respond to him. XD

Aegeas blinked once. And then again. He initially thought he was in another nightmare; he couldn't even see the hand he held in front of his face. However, he didn't feel panicked. His senses weren't on overdrive, and he didn't think of pulling out the weapons at his sides. This had to be real, even if the last thing he remembered was opening a door. Groaning, he pulled his head up, smacking into something metallic. It gave off an audible bang, which emanated through what he realized was a small room.

His eyes gradually adjusted to the dim light that flickered at the ceiling's center. Everything looked beyond alien to him. The faded colors, the metal walls, and the light itself were nothing he had seen before. They were certainly not something he would dream of. All around him were what he assumed to be crates, some piled up to the roof. He was wedged between two of them, so he crawled out onto the floor. Standing up, he rubbed a finger on one of the crates. Cold. Grabbing it by the edges, Aegeas yanked at the crate's lid until, with a slight hissing noise, it popped out. Aegeas set the lid down and looked in the crate. A combination of his nearsightedness and the darkness meant he couldn't quite see what was inside. The contents looked mechanical, so he figured he wouldn't have known what they were even if he could see.

Slightly miffed, he was still happy to recognize the exit - a metal door with a strange handle. He reached for it, but hesitated. Beneath the overwhelming metallic odor, he could faintly smell the sea. His ears caught distant, frustrated voices. Though tempted to reach for his swords, he thought better of it. It would be presumptuous, and he didn't want to hurt anyone until he knew the truth. Opening the door - it slid to the side, rather than pushing open, so that took a minute or two - Aegeas peeked outside. Nothing but a long hallway in either direction. Stepping out, he walked in the direction he'd heard the voices.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Don't worry about it, @ellasnotebook! Your post can be as long as you want it to be or as long as you can make it.

Welcome to the storybook, @TheSilverFox! I think Oliver's going to have a very interesting reaction to Aegeas...

"I'm not sure," Oliver admitted, looking around the hallway.

He tried finding anything that might have been familiar, but even the lighting was foreign to him. More than ever, he wished that Lucy was with him. If only he had an analysis on the makeup of the walls! That could have provided a clue as to where they were. Earth was a possibility, but not a likely one. The complex they were in looked nothing like the structures he had encountered there. There was the possibility that it had been hidden away, but it was far too advanced to be ancient and far too ancient to be modern. It was a paradox in itself.

He heard someone else approaching. He spun around to see a peculiar looking creature heading their way. They appeared to be a bipedal...otter? He furrowed his brow in confusion. They were tall, too - for an otter, that was. What was even more peculiar was the fact that they were dressed in clothes with two scimitars strapped to their side.

He stared at them.

They stared back.

And then Oliver, torn between greeting them with the eagerness of someone who was used to the abnormal and reacting like a normal human should have, let loose the loudest scream he could muster.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:19 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Hearing a hello in reply, Bo hurried towards the sound of the voice, but with reasonable caution in mind. It seemed that they werent' that far as he turned a corner of the hall, and saw two young teenagers; a boy in a hoodie and girl with a pixie cut.

"Hey there," he said with a small smile and a wave. "Sorry to bother you, but, you two kids wouldn't happen to know where we are, would you? I'm having a mad case of 'I woke up and don't remember how I got here, wherever here is.'"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda