Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:21 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades was getting the sneaking suspicion that he was going to need a vacation from this supposed "vacation" when all of this was done. "No and no," he replied. He resisted the urge to groan again.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:49 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"So what is it, exactly, that you have planned for me?" Alex asked. "Torture? Imprisonment? To be given over to all of those I've 'wronged?'"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:36 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"See, if it were me, I would say 'yes', but I think the god dude of the dead or something here is probably going to nope that, am I right?"
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I am," Hades replied. "You're not getting tortured. We're just going to hand you over to the police, and they'll take it from there. You'll probably end up in jail, but you should have thought of that before you attacked the people at the hotel."

Spoiler! :
Should I make one of the gods with healing magic show up now?
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Ohoh, don't insult my intelligence," Alex retorted, rolling his eyes.

Spoiler! :
YEAH, sure! Go for it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I don't have a profile up for her yet, and I don't know if I ever will. So here's a short description of her! She's a short woman that currently has a dark purple bob. One of her eyes is red, while the other is gold. She's full of energy and also happens to be the goddess of magic.

Perse finished binding Alex's wound. He was surprised by how well the vines had stopped the blood flow; it was the first time he had used any of his plants to accomplish something like that. He got to his feet. Hades looked like he was ready to hit something - which was a very rare occurrence - and Perse honestly didn't blame him. He had been too focused on the wound to come up with a good retort to Alex's irritating comments, though he would have if he wasn't distracted.

Hades opened his mouth to say something. Before he could say it, however, there was a brilliant flash of light. Hades' lips turned up into a smile as the light faded a short woman. Perse grinned too, glad that help had finally arrived.

She looked around at the four people in the clearing. She stared at Hades' sword, which had blood droplets rolling off of its tips, and then at Alex. "I'm definitely coming with you the next time you go on vacation!" she eagerly said. "It looks like I missed out on a battle. So do you need my help?"

Perse started to tie Alex's wrists together with vines as a makeshift pair of handcuffs. "Could you heal his wound, Hecate?"

Her eyes twinkled. "Sure thing! By the way, Dio already called the ambulances and cops. They should be here pretty soon to help the people in the hotel."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:56 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex rolled his eyes at the arrival of the purple haired woman. "Oh, and I suppose you cleared the roads as well, then?" He asked, with a voice dripping with sarcasm. "Amazing what a bunch of puffed up 'gods' can do."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hecate gave him a very smug grin, putting a strand of dark purple hair behind her ears. "Actually, that's what Ares and Athena are up to right now. They calculated how long it would take for the ambulances are police cars to arrive, and made sure to give themselves enough time to do it. So, yes, it's quite amazing what us gods can do when we put our minds to it."

Spoiler! :
@Lael, @soundofmind, @DemonGoddess, and @FalconryGirl9086, I think this roleplay is coming to a close. The problem has been dealt with, the authorities are arriving, and DeeDee is still out there for a sequel. Would anyone object to wrapping this up in the next couple of posts? We could each post a conclusion for our characters - I can go last since I'm the one who started this.
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:39 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
yep, i've got to agree. maybe we can make a sequel to the stranded hotel sometime?

Jeanine finished with most of the patients, panting and sweating. She had witnessed a few people dying, but she didn't feel bad. It was all Alex.

After this crap was over, she decided, she was going to persue her dream as a doctor and tell universities that, even though she sees ghosts in mirrors, that she saved an entire hotel of people - well, mostly, anyway - that she had witnessed death, horrible things, that she can handle it.

She will fufill her dream.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:24 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Also agreed.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:11 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He felt much better after being treated by Jeanine. She considered turning back into a human, but she looked up and saw Raven, remembering her warning. She took a quick glance at Cornyx and decided that it was best that she left now. Anything she had lost in the fire could be replaced. Her freedom, if taken, couldn't.

She scampered to the edge of the woods, looking back at the people she'd met at the hotel. As much as she'd liked mostly everyone, she wasn't planning on taking another vacation for a long time.

Li He turned and headed into the trees.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex gave the purple haired woman a blank stare, his expression seemingly mostly bored now. Though he said and did nothing, he wondered when she would get to "healing" his leg, like Hades and Perse had claimed she would do. His gaze drifted over to the blonde man who had been eager to end his life, and he simply grinned.

--<>--

James stood between the crowd of now patched up people and the growing pile of ash and rubble that used to be the hotel. He stared at the rising smoke, sure that such a large cloud could be seen for miles. It seemed that... now the hotel was gone. The place that had been his workplace and his home for many years had now become a formless pile of memories - both good and bad (and mostly bad). It was strange. He wondered what would happen to the many ghosts that haunted the halls, flicking lights on and off, and moving things when he wasn't looking. Would they still have a place to haunt? Would they finally move on? He turned around, looking back at the group of living people, who also had to deal with the consequences of Alex's insanity. And what of them? What would happen to them?

He looked down at his name-tag on his janitor jumpsuit, and with a small sigh, unpinned it and threw it into the muddy ground. He hoped help would come soon.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 am
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconryGirl9086, you're the last one up before I go! I hope you have fun writing your last post.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:06 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
I'll get it up soon, a bit busy today though, it might be this weekend or something

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 am
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconryGirl9086, would you be able to get a post up today?
mage

queer and here.

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13