z

Young Writers Society

The Social Month Ball

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Welcome to Social Month Ball. You've been invited to the Social Month dance. Please feel free to mingle among our many guests or have some of the wonderful food we've put together for you all. There's samples from every cuisine to ever exist. You are also of course free to simply dance. It is a dance after all.

This is a very barebones RP which you can throw just about any character in to and have them interact with the others here. Its a social event so talking among OC's and exploring how your character would interact with others is encouraged.

Please post in the OOC if you have any questions which you can find by clicking the blue button that says "Discussion Topic" on the top right.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:04 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Sir Edward ambled into the ballroom, his oversized helmet bouncing on his head and his brown cloak trailing behind him. He looked up and gawked at the enormous chandelier.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

969 Reviews

Reviews: 969
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:01 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...

Lady Elsinore didn’t participate much in balls, but her parents insisted that she attend this one, so here she was.

She thought that she was alone, but the sounds of footsteps told her that someone else was there.

She took a deep breath. Whoever it was, she had to present herself in a graceful manner, as was custom in the Lavinia family.

542 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:32 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Looking down again, Sir Edward spotted the noblewoman in the ballroom. He walked over to say hello. "Salutations, salutations!" he enthused.
she/her

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:36 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Marcy cautiously moved into the ballroom. She stopped at the entryway to to realize that her bra strap was sticking out. Fixing it, she caught her reflection in the window and thought to herself that she'd used to such events. The dress she was wearing; dark, sparkly, short sleeve, was pretty, undoubtedly, but she felt like it didn't fully suit her.

She saw that others were gathering. She walked into the ballroom and started to wander, hoping that someone would speak to her first.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:02 pm
View Likes
Thediffident says...

This was the first time Keely had been invited to the ball. After all she was no lady but a mere commoner. A very excited, enthusiastic and hungry commoner. The sight of the magnificent ballroom did fill her with awe and admiration but the table filled with delicious and exotic cuisines stole her heart. The choice was simple. So she ran towards the table and started gobbling up the food paying no attention to her surrounding.
|Andy|she/her|

They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential

969 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:21 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...

“The same to you! I am Lady Elsinore, but I would much prefer if you called me Ella. What might your name be?” She asked the man. Lady Elsinore noticed that the ballroom was beginning to fill up and felt herself brimming with the old excitement she used to have when talking to people, but she managed to contain herself, for the sake of everyone else.

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:39 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

When Kecila entered the ballroom, her breath was stolen by a mixture of awe and dread.
There's so many people... She thought, adjusting her tie nervously. And they're all dressed so much nicer than me.
Pulling her hands to her sides, she marched stiffly into the room, keeping her head down. Her heart pumped rapidly as she passed the brilliantly dressed guests--lords in their robes and ladies in their splendid gowns. She pulled at the hem of her jacket, trying to keep it from wrinkling. The dull black fabric felt very mundane next to the sequins and silks of the other partygoers.
Why am I here. Why am I here. WHY am I here? She looked down just in time to notice the table right in front of her, laden with exotic goods. At the far end of it stood another woman, a commoner by the looks of her. She was shoveling food into her mouth, clearly enjoying herself. Kecila relaxed a bit. Finally, someone who didn't have their nose stuck in the air.

542 Reviews

Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:09 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Sir Edward gave Ella a quick bow. "That's a wonderful name! My name is Sir Edward. Sir Edward Matthias Crawfunkel! You could call me by any one of those names and I'll hear you!"

He grinned, before casting a quick glance at the banquet table. "Say, Ella, when you eat scones, do you put the jam on first, or the butter?"
she/her

969 Reviews

Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:21 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...

“Well, I’d much prefer butter, but if you like jam, then that is fine by me!” Ella said, smoothing butter on a scone.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:19 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Malvis smiled and gently approached a woman in sparkling, dark, short-sleeved dress. Her heels clicked against the floors of the ballroom. The front her dress swished at her knees.

“Hello. You come to events like these often?”

She let hands fold neatly across her stomach. Poised and in control. Everything she always was all of the time.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:54 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Kate strode in a little nervously. It had been a while since she'd attended a ball. Well been a while since she attended one willingly and without the fate of a world hanging in the balance. She squeezed her wife's hand for comfort. It always worked

Estella Fay squeezed back, shooting her a characteristic grin with her eyes closed.

Kate smiled back. "Shall we, angel?"

Estella Fay nodded. “I’m thinking we shall.”

Kate nodded. "Let's go there." She pointed to where two people were standing next to the food. Well one was standing, the other looked to be trying to inhale all the food available.

Estella Fay nodded. “Okay!” She swung their entwined hands.

Kate giggled and walked them over to the table.

Estella Fay grinned and waved, her wings fluttering slightly. “Hello!”
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Random avatar

Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:52 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Kecila jumped at the sudden greeting. She turned to see two stunning noblewomen, hands entwined as they walked gracefully toward her.
"H-hello," She stuttered, face turning red. Come on, Kess. This is exactly what you came for! Make friends! Expand your horizons!
Oh god, what have I gotten myself into?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:36 pm
View Likes
Thediffident says...

Keely heard someone greet her and was quite surprised to find herself standing before three beautiful women, noblewomen by the looks of them. She panicked, wiped her face with her bare hands and greeted them with an improper courtesy and a shaky voice,
"H-hi, would you like a muffin? They're really g-good!"
|Andy|she/her|

They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential

Random avatar

Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:45 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"What kind of muffins do they have?" Kecila asked, relieved to see someone just as nervous as her.

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'