z

Young Writers Society

The Halls of Darkness

4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:48 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

You find yourself in a dark room. It appears endless, mostly because it is so, so dark. The ceiling above is nowhere to be found, the sides can't be reached even if you ran at them with super speed, the only constant is some sort of solid floor. Not that you can see that either. Its a black void that for some reason you can still stand on.

What lurks in the darkness. Well you'll just have to visit and find out :)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:02 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

A dream.

A nightmare?

It was too soon to tell. Lissa laid face-first on the ground in the darkness. She let her fingers uncurl and placed her palms again the smooth, cool floor. In some ways, the sensation was eerily familiar, but what was most familiar was how vivid it felt. So, so close to being real.

She opened her eyes - or at least, they felt like they were open. But all she stared into was deep, deep darkness. She couldn’t even see her own hands on the floor in front of her as she sat up, legs curled under her.

The air felt too thick, and the void was too empty.

Nightmare, then. It was a nightmare.

Her breath hitched in her throat as her heart began to beat a little faster.

“Please,” she whispred, but couldn’t muster any more.

Spoiler! :
question!! can they see anything at all, like themselves? or is it all pitch black and no light?

Also quick descrip of my gal here. She’s a new oc I’m just trying out
4FF334E7-A05A-4226-9062-FC9C9F43AB12.jpeg

She’s 16 years old, skinny and twiggy and about 5ft tall. She’s got dark black eyes, dark brown skin, and long locs that go down to her collarbone and a little further down her back. She has big eyes and tends to have a doe-eyed look about her
Last edited by soundofmind on Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

4100 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:09 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
A description would be nice!
As for the light situation, it is currently pitch black so no one can see anything. But if they have any kind of light source it will be able to light them up :) The surroundings are just black and endless for the moment though.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4100 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:14 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the double post but time to throw someone into the mix

A voice called out from the darkness. "Greetings, traveler."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:19 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
lol all gud i added a descrip in my first postie. forgot to say she’s wearing a silver sci-fi looking bodysuit with some white accents

A voice.

“Wh…what?” Lissa asked, turning to look around into the empty void, unable to tell where the voice came from. “Who’s there? What do you want?”

4100 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:22 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
:)

"Kate would you please stop trying to scare the poor things?" A different voice echoed through the space.

"That was a greeting. A greeting. Tell me how that's scary." It was the first voice again.

"Now you two are just making it worse." A third voice joined the mix sounding a little annoyed.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:25 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

This was not how her nightmares usually went. Maybe this was more neutral. A weird dream, as opposed to a bad one.

She kept looking around, trying to figure out where all the voices are coming from.

“You didn’t answer my questions,” she said, hugging herself uncomfortably.

4100 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:29 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"You might want to answer her there."

"Well you're the one who called out first."

"What If I scare her again?"

There was audible huff from the distance. "You two will be the death of me one day. Hello! We are.... uhh. Long story. As for what we want? That's. Yeah there's not much there either. You might want to try some slightly different questions perhaps."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:35 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

That was only more confusing.

“Am I dreaming?”

4100 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:38 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

There was a chuckle from the distance.

"Dreaming. Been a while since I heard that word. And no you are not. Sorry. Definitely do not treat anything that lurks in here lightly because it can and will hurt you in a very real way."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:45 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

There were things lurking in the darkness? Oh no. So this was a nightmare.

Lissa held herself tighter, trying to do her best to be quiet, and small, so the monsters wouldn’t notice. When she spoke again, it was barely audible, and her voice shook.

“How do I get out of here?” Or better yet— “How did I get here?”

4100 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:52 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

There was a more nervous sounding laugh and the first voice spoke up again. "So.. about leaving. We kind of don't know. This was an experiment you see and its kind of not finished yet. We perfected the spell to get people in, there was a little glitch which is why you're here, to answer that question, but unfortunately we kind of haven't gotten around to writing a way for you to get out. We also might have not patched it all completely so you might see more people showing up. And more umm... things. Just. Tread Lightly."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:31 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
You want overpowered, Harry? Here’s overpowered.

The Twin Mages(?): Zeda and Dima

Zeda:
Appears to be your standard twelve-year-old boy. About 5’1, Mediterranean complexion with short black hair, and a permanent scowl on his face. Never takes danger seriously and spends more time insulting people than anything.

Dima:
Appears to be your standard twelve-year-old girl. About 5’5, and looks very similar to her brother except her hair is longer. Her face is usually completely neutral and she does not speak.

Not all is as it seems, however, as these two are incredibly powerful mages and neither of them… quite act their age.

Zeda was perfectly used to magic going wrong. When he first earned his powers, he accidentally wiped out Theopius Latium’s power supply. But this…

He was not used to other people’s magic mistakes affecting him. He was untouchable. The only people strong enough to do this was a god. And he didn’t feel any familiar presences

Well, he felt Dima’s presence. Which made sense. Nothing in this universe could separate them. He opened his palm, a spark of pure light popping to life and illuminating some of the gloom. Only to reveal more gloom once the light faded. He groaned. This was not how he planned spending his day. He felt Dima in his head, knocking gently on his frontal lobe with her presence.

I have no idea where we are.

Zeda scoffed. “I don’t think Raz knows where we are.” He really hoped this god showed themself. He was ready to punch them in their stupid, smug god face.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:22 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

As if in direct response to the mystery voice’s prediction, something, or someone else appeared.

They weren’t that far off. She could see that, just outside of her reach, a person had conjured a light, illuminating a circle around them. As the obly source of light forbwhat coudld’ve been miles for all she knew, she could make out two figures.

Her eyes were still adjusting, so she couldn’t make out much else, but she remembered the warnings of the voices before.

Beware what lurks in the darkness.

Wary, she remained perfectly still and quiet in her corner of darkness.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:49 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Dima let her influence spread until it bumped the edges of a new mind. Zeda. New person. Human.

Zeda followed the silent directions of Dima’s influence. “Oh. Hello.” He started to approach this new person, Dima close behind him. “Do you happen to know why we’re here?”

Dima kept her influence over the person’s mind. Not enough to infiltrate, but enough to hopefully reassure them that Zeda and Dima weren’t a threat.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"
— Dom Pérignon