z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Castle

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:35 am
View Likes
Ignorance says...

An ancient castle, abandoned since the 1600’s. These ruins may seem destroyed on the outside, but inside… well, let’s just say that you can’t always judge a book by its cover.

A small, adventurous tour group journeys to this concealed palace. But oh, they should’ve listened to the warnings, the spooky tales that surround this castle. Where’s the exit? No one can tell.

And the worst part is? They aren’t alone.

OOC
Attachments
16A0396B-2CE6-4841-9A22-AAE17E574025.jpeg
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

19 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:43 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Muse chuckled to herself as she looked out the window. Humans, approaching the castle! A group of 1, 2- 3 humans, maybe even more! This was the most they’d had in years… it would be fun scaring the living daylights out of some pathetic mortals again. She darted away from the window. “Thistle, Dani, darlings~! You’ll never believe this; we have visitors again~!” she called out in a sing-songy voice.
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sorenson climbed out of his robin egg-blue 1938 Rolls Royce, sliding his glasses down his nose to get a better look at the towering structure ahead of him. It truly was an impressive sight, even more so than it had been from a distance. The stonework was impeccable, especially considering how many centuries must have worn them down.
"Charming," he exclaimed to no one in particular, and strode towards the main gate with a wide smile. "Positively stunning!"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:56 am
View Likes
sylrie says...

The sound of frantic huffing and puffing could be heard in the background as Race - who hadn't accepted a ride because "gotchaghosty.com says ghosts do wack stuff to cars" - crested a small hill, grinding to a halt near Sorenson. Despite having carried a larger-than-average backpack across a longer-than-normal distance, the moment they saw the castle they were filled with newfound energy.
"Is this it??" They asked, getting off their bicycle and practically tossing it to the side as they ran up next to Sorenson. "Ah who am I kidding, this has to be it! Look at it! It's huge! Oh my god..."
They whip a flashlight out of their backpack with practiced flair, before shining the bright light on the main gate, scanning it quickly for anything attention grabbing.
"You know they say this place is legit legit haunted - that's two legits! Verified by phantomfinder.com! - with tons of disappearances and stuff and multiple ghosts and all sorts of wack stuff that goes on! Oh man the stories this place has...the stories we'll get to tell!"
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

112 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:44 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ah, I have heard such things, yes." Sorenson shoved his hands in his pockets, clenching the soft inner fabric thoughtfully. "Fascinating stuff. Haven't looked too much into the tales, but I have no doubt there were some gruesome goings-on back in the days of knights and kings. This place is steeped in history--er, I'm so sorry, my good sir or madam...I don't believe I caught your name."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:27 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler says...

Dani looked up from their book, as Muse’s voice echoed through the library. Humans. Dani stood closing the book, although not before glancing at it longingly. They never understood why ghosts liked scaring people. Well, Muse did at least. In fact, they thought is was pretty cliche, but Dani had to live with her and Thistle, and it was always easier to scare someone than to live with two ghosts pestering you as to why you blew them off the other day.

With another sigh, Dani drifted up, up, up, till the ceiling was close enough to touch, and then they drifted through it. It was easy to guess where Muse would be. The best view; the great hall.
“your highness” is gender neutral

so if you are ever confused about my pronouns

that’l work

alternatively “your majesty”, “my liege”, and “supreme overlord”

*please note “your grace” is also acceptable

13 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:12 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Race had absolutely no clue what he was talking about - they were talking about more recent things than 'knights and kings,' like...teens and lost pizza delivery drivers. Wait was this place really knights-and-kings old?? Woah- oh wait they said something else...Name! They forgot about that thing people commonly do.
"Oh uh- hey! I'm Race! Ghost hunter!" they said, extending a fingerless-gloved hand.
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

19 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:25 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Muse absolutely adored the great hall. It was so fancy! So much to see, so big, too… she smiled upon seeing Dani. “Ahh, you finally show up! I knew you had it in you! Ohhh, this will be SO much fun…” She chuckled, watching the humans get to know each other. “A ghost hunter, hm? Let’s see them try and hunt this~
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"A ghost hunter, eh?" Sorenson took the proffered hand and shook it heartily. "I expect you'll have your work cut out for you. Best of luck to you. You're not just a tourist, then?" He looked the individual up and down. "You know, I've met a ghost or two in my lifetime. Not the sort of creatures you want to make a habit of getting to know, if you get my drift. But you would know that, naturally."

she/her

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:55 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

Todd sped into the picture, at a lightning fast 45 km/h, because after all he didn't want to be late. He parked a safe ways behind the egg-blue Royce and began unbuckling his seatbelt nervously, he had been dared to go to a haunted house. It would take a lot of courage to go through with it and honestly, he still couldn't believe it. His best friend had dared him, and didn't expect him to want to go! In fact, he had even attempted to talk him out of it. Todd however, had always wanted to go to a real live haunted house!

He reach past the cup holders and into the passenger seat to retrieve his Peak Designs Travel Backpack, he had bought it just for the occasion! He had packed just about everything imaginable in there, even the outside pockets showcased water bottles and boxes of sugar free flavoring packets. He pulled it onto his shoulder fighting with his poofy winter coat to do so, as he had heard ghosts make buildings cold. He slid the door open, and scooted out of his mint apple-red 1996 Dodge Caravan. He closed the door and upon realizing he wasn't alone, opened to the middle seats and grabbed a case of water bottles. He then leaned the door closed and locked the vehicle. Via a very clumsy looking scramble to find his keys, which were in his coat pocket, and also not drop the water or the ever-present heavy backpack on his shoulder.

After he finished, he walked in Race and Sorenson's direction with a very cheerful expression. He even did his best attempt at a wave with the backpacked arm earnestly. "Hi! I've got water and, uh other things! Are you thirsty? I just got here!"
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler says...

“Oh boy~” Dani muttered, half floating, half walking, up to the window. There were clearly three of them, engaged in conversation, and shaking hands. They were a curious bunch. One was in a bulky winter jacket; It was July! “Odd bunch we got this time.” They said, glancing back at Muse. “What are we going to do with these poor souls?” They asked. “Get it? Souls?” Chuckling to themselves, they turned back toward the window. “Sorry. Bad joke.”
“your highness” is gender neutral

so if you are ever confused about my pronouns

that’l work

alternatively “your majesty”, “my liege”, and “supreme overlord”

*please note “your grace” is also acceptable

13 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:39 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Race had just been about to answer that they did not, in fact, naturally know that - and regrettably had yet to meet a ghost at all - when they got distracted by the arrival of another person. Busy night, nice! Usually meant something cool would happen¹! They were parched too, so water was definitely a plus!
"Hey! Yes! Water!" they said, so very coherently, crossing the remaining distance and sticking a hand out (for water or other hand, either worked) because m a n n e r s. They noticed the backpack, their eyes lighting up as they moved in closer abandoning any pretense of formality amongst strangers.
"Oh you really came prepared, huh? How'd you even afford all that stuff? Do you have an EMF reader in there? I have the series 13 WWS² Digital LCD EMF meter...woah you got a lotta food were you planning on staying the night?? I could stay with you! Haven't done an overnight yet but I'm sure it'd be awesome! What 'other things' do you have??"
They realized they were saying a lot of things really quickly (again) and backed up, offering an awkward smile to this new person. "I mean uh- hi! I'm Race! Ghost hunter! And that dude's uh-" they pause, before calling over their shoulder to Sorenson. "Hey! What's your name again??"
¹wanderingwraith.com
²Wraith Watcher Society
(they/them)

19 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:00 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Muse laughed, a bit too loudly. “Ohhh goodness- you never fail me, Dani~!” She let herself cool off for a bit. “Ahhh, but these poor humans… oh, they have NO idea what they’re getting into. Look at that one-“ She pointed at Race, “What is this GIBBERISH they’re going on about? Goodness, humans are so weird nowadays…”
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:02 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Maximillian Arthurs, novelist and interior design consultant at your service." Sorenson swept into a bow. "Pleased to make both your acquaintances." Any other day he would jump at the chance to soak in a bit of celebrity fame, but today was a special day and he couldn't let himself get distracted. He'd prepared an alias for this very occasion, and he was quite pleased it wouldn't go to waste. "I see you both came prepared; I'm afraid I'm a bit bare in terms of ghost-hunting equipment."

she/her

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:07 am
View Likes
fatherfig says...

Todd smiled friendlily and handed race thier water. "Yes. I always like to be prepared. Oh haha, well, I work as a phsychiatrist. My friends think I'm a phsychic, but my mother says that I'm 'intune' and it runs in the family. My grandmother could see things, like ghost stuff, I can't see them though, I can feel things and get choppy mental pictures. I just, haven't figured out how to work it yet. When it happens it is kind of random and overwhelming."
He chuckled. "Well, I had a ghostbusters limited edition toy version of an emf reader at one point, but mostly I go by the feeling of a place haha. You can always tell a bad prescence by that, if it seems like you know, there is someone unhappy around."
Todd tilted his head. "I do actually plan on staying all night! I heard that this place was really haunted, and I wanted to see if the folktales were true. So far the house, even from this far away, has a quite macabre feeling."
He ponderingly looked to the house his eyes lingering on the window a moment longer than neccessary as he was listening to Sorenson.
He quickly guided his eyes away and happily focused them on Sorenson crinkling the corners of his eyes ando offering the barest semblance of a joke. "It is really nice to meet you too, and I just have this and that, haha. I wouldn't say I have anything that qualifies as hunting material. Did you come to redecorate?"
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg