z

Young Writers Society

Murder on Deck

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:50 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler says...

Maddie paused, looking at Lysol-Girl. I suppose I have to answer this question, if I want them to trust me. she thought with a sigh. “Madilyn.” She said after a pause. “But does that really matter right now? I mean look around you.” She said gesturing around the hall. “You’re on a cruise ship, and someone just got murdered. Is exchanging pleasantries really the best thing to be doing right now?” She asked.
“your highness” is gender neutral

so if you are ever confused about my pronouns

that’l work

alternatively “your majesty”, “my liege”, and “supreme overlord”

*please note “your grace” is also acceptable

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:41 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Oh, trust me, that question was with the utmost suspicion," Jerica retorted. She didn't like to be outnumbered like this. "No pleasantry involved."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:10 pm
Hkumar says...

Another one. Ayesha rolled her eyes and gave out an exasperated sigh. "You ladies can carry on your blame game while I get back into my room to pick up some necessary stuffs." She turned her back towards them and started walking into her room but paused for a second and said aloud without moving her head, "I'll be out in a minute and go take a stroll around the place all by myself. I won't mind getting a company though."

Without further ado Ayesha got inside her room. Let's see if I can find something useful.
I only put my signature on big cheques.

60 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:25 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler says...

Madilyn looked at the girl’s retreating back. Idiot. she thought with a shake of her head. You never, ever, turn your back on someone you don’t trust. “Drama Queen here has a point.” She said, attempting to be civil. That never had been her strong point. “We really shouldn’t be arguing. I don’t know about you, but I want to now what’s going on around here. I’m going to follow this chick.” She said, nodding toward the open door. “Feel free to come. Or not. Whichever you prefer.”

that’l work

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:38 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"I once knew a man that declared In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless person is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. Of course, many have twisted that quote to say man rather than person for their own purposes, but I must admit that I am quite unsure what kind of merry bunch we shall be should any of our efforts prove useless," Sinestra noted, half absent-mindedly as walked towards the door.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 pm
Hkumar says...

Having found an appealing crime thriller plot for her new writing project, Ayesha felt she must try to get the exclusive details about this murder. She put on her sling bag that carried a note-pad, a pen and some girly stuffs. She stood in front of the mirror gently pulling her hairs back into a tight pony tail, "I can't let go of this opportunity so easily. There's nothing to be scared of." Ayesha tried to ease herself up before going out but then remembered Sinestra's scary words. She looked around the room for something useful but didn't find anything, not even a paper knife.
"Damn! I should have brought something with me." Then her eyes fell on the salt-pepper shaker on the table. "Hmm ...better than going around with empty hands. I can throw these into the any potential attacker's eyes and run away." She quickly put them in her bag and walks out of her room.

"So who's coming with me..."
I only put my signature on big cheques.

60 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler says...

“I am.” Maddie responded. “Not sure about Cryptic though. Hard to tell when she’s quoting the musical ‘1776’.”

that’l work

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell