z

Young Writers Society

Abyssal

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:02 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

In the generally peaceful village, called Mirage, there live a generally peaceful congregation of people. However, this generally peaceful village is also halfway falling off the side of a ravine.

Though it has no inherent name, the villagers call it the Ravine. Few adventurers have dared to explore the Ravine, as it is known to make fearful noises at night. Since Mirage is suspended on the cliffside, and is predicted to fall in a very short period of time, the villagers begin to move deeper inland, but before they can . . . a boy is missing.

A little boy at the age of seven who was reported to have been sneaking around the cliffside a lot had been last seen near the Ravine.

Scared out of their wits, the villagers of Mirage plan an expedition to save the child, while the rest of the village slowly moves inland.

~~~

More can be discussed in the OOC Thread

~~~

Cast (Unlimited-- for now):

1. Yoshikrab

2. GrandWild

3. Orion42

4. SpunkyKitty

5.illy7896
Last edited by yosh on Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:21 am
View Likes
yosh says...

All her life, she'd been ridiculed that she was basically the village. Oh, you're name is Mira! You're basically Mirage! Ha!

Mira never even understood why it was funny. Her mom used to say it was in honor of the village. Mira felt it was more like a permanent kick-me sign cemented to her back.

As she was going to the well to collect water for their home, Mira saw a crowd assembling. They were all talking and arguing about something.

"Boy . . . Ravine . . . last seen . . . lost"

All she knew was that something was definitely wrong.

so i took another nap

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:02 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Rocily watched, curious, from the shadows. She was very eager to find out what had everyone so excited, but had no intention of being seen. All she heard was

"Ravine...Danger...My little boy."

Rocily shook her head. A soft sigh left her lips as she crept a bit closer.

"What happened?"
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

112 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:56 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Colin hadn't been in the village for long when the boy went missing. He'd guessed the boy had probably fallen down the ravine, but this family seemed insistent that he was alive somewhere.
Colin wasn't a greedy person by nature, but he had been out of a job for longer than he was comfortable with and the reward was substantial. He resolved to see if he could join the rescue party.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
illy7896 says...

Elissia had heard the news throughout the town and recognised the boy as her deceased brother's best friend. Remembering what happened to her brother and the unsolved mystery that lead to his bizarre death, Elissia decides to take on this mission to figure out what truly lurks in the ravine and to save another young boy from the clutches of its unveiled dangers...

129 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:37 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Mira poked a person who had asked ´What happened?´.

"A kid fell of the side of The Ravine," she shrugged, "Something similar happened a few years back, I think."

so i took another nap

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:10 pm
View Likes
Orion42 says...

Oh joy! Eugene had barely been out and about for an hour and there was already talk of something sinister. "A kid fell... ravine..." He caught from within the murmuring of the concerned crowd.
Now, Eu was not one to rejoice when tragedy struck. Bad things happen and people get scared and sad. What he did know, however, is that whoever did the most to resolve the bad thing would be treated well and hailed as a hero. And what fun those heroes had! Eugene was not one for trophies and parades, but the benefits of being able to come and go without question could be helpful for a traveler like him who always appeared to be suspicious by nature to others.
Of course, a kid in a ravine wasn't really something he could leave alone with good conscience anyway. Any sort of reward would just be a bonus anyway.
Eugene decided not to be vocal about his intent to go looking for the boy, choosing to simply fall into the background and listen with the purpose of gaining the necessary information about where the kid had most likely ended up.
Maidin mhaith, tráthnóna maith, agus oíche mhaith, mo chairde

Random avatar

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:39 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Rocily turned to the girl who poked at her curiously. “Does anyone know why or how this is happening?”
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

129 Reviews

Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:47 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

"Well it's kind of obvious. The kid probably fell off the side of the ravine, " Mira then raised her voice, "We need to send out a search party!"

A protest followed from some other villagers, "We've been planning to move inland for a while! We need to start now, before anyone else falls!"

so i took another nap

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:39 pm
View Likes
ccarson says...

*Hearing the commotion outside, Cleo would step out of the shop she was in*

"What's going on here?"

Spoiler! :

Name: Cleo Carson

Personality: Calm, cool, collected. Shy around strangers.

Appearance: Tall | One eye green, other eye purple | Black hair | Has a pair of tan wings with darker speckles.

Gender/Pronouns: She/Her

Weapon(s)/Tool(s): Glock 19(9 mm hollow-point), 3A ballistic vest, Baton, Flashlight, Radio, First-Aid kit

Other: Her wings can slide into slits on her back, folding neatly against her spine. It's how she hides them. Corporal for the [REDACTED] County Sheriff's Office.
Corporal Cleo Carson

Bucklin County Sheriff's Office

Cleo Carson and Bucklin County are purely fictional

“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell