z

Young Writers Society

Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:10 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

cool. cool. Lol and yes a belated introduction it is but Its really my first time see a lot of the stuff YWS has to offer due to me not being around often
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:56 pm
View Likes
BeingRivy says...

hi ! I’m @BeingRivy, and I’m new in this roles play thing and I want to learn. How do I start a role play? Thank you from @BeingRivy

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:25 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Heyy @BeingRivy, Welcome to the Roleplay Section!!

Starting a roleplay is pretty simple. You need to come up with some idea and just make a topic in one of the roleplay forums! This link will tell you a lot about the rules and what types of roleplays fit in what forum. Feel free to ask me any questions you have :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcome to YWS @BeingRivy and welcome to the Roleplay section of this little site :D

What genre do you like to write?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:07 pm
View Likes
BeingRivy says...

Omni wrote:Welcome to YWS @BeingRivy and welcome to the Roleplay section of this little site :D

Omni wrote:Welcome to YWS @BeingRivy and welcome to the Roleplay section of this little site :D

Hi there @Omni , I’m @BeingRivy , I Want to do a role play there and I don’t know what to do or where to start or what to do. I’m also sad because I have to make ideas to make a short story cause I’m lost and trapped in writer’s block or writer’s burnout. I don’t want to wait to escape burnout/block, but how do I know if I have writer’s block? And how do I know if I have writer’s burnouts?
Also my teacher expect me to get ideas by next week. But I’m fleshed out of ideas, because I gave mine to people who will make themselves happy. And I have no choice but to push myself even further, and I do that by anger, sadness, punishment, and negativity. By not letting my feelings escape (crying or screaming is wrong and rude to my family, unless it’s a real life situation), I try to not let them escape or tell other because it’s hard, and I can’t tell anybody!
My favorite genres are horror/suspense, fantasy (but not way too fantastical), slice of life, comedy/humor, and adventure stories.
I love those genres but I never write them down because it’s hard to give me space to tell the truth. It’s just too hard and I want to write lies not truths. And I hate parts of my daily life and like other parts of my daily life.
I like standalone stories, the kind that is NOT a series. I hate Harry Potter so much, because it’s a long series.
I’m also staring to feel worse after I heard a study that the amount of girls that have their reading time as they grow up decreased their reading time and spent more time on the internet than books, so they aren’t that smart, and internet time affected reading by internet addiction. I’m scared the same thing will happen to ME! :( :( :(

What can I do and any advice and tips? From, @BeingRivy

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@BeingRivy well roleplay can help with burnout because it'll give you ways to explore new characters or settings!

Here's a roleplay you could join to explore a character of yours! It'll definitely help with horror, since a lot of horror characters go through a lot of traumatic experiences: Character group therapy

And honestly just read more ^^ it's fun to read. I'll also recommend just subscribing to this thread: New and Accepting Roleplays to see if there's any roleplays that you enjoy in the future ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 1
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:29 pm
View Likes
xGlitchedSalvationx says...

Hello, I'm Glitch! I've roleplayed before, but not here! I'd love to learn a bit about the people here and how you roleplay :D
Join the petition to help me take over the world and create an existence worth living. Except for Japan. Japan can just keep doing their thing, I won't bother them.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:51 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey there, @xGlitchedSalvationx, welcome to YWS! I usually hang out in the roleplay tab most of my time, specifically under storybooks. The style I prefer usually involves collaboration, longer posts, and a big cast of characters on some sort of adventure! I do shorter roleplaying on discord. I’d love to answer any questions you have about the site, the roleplaying tab in general, or storybooks specifically!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Heyy @xGlitchedSalvationx Welcome!!

Feel free to ask me any questions too!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:08 pm
View Likes

Haha, I only have one question... Is there anything that has to be done before starting a roleplay?
Join the petition to help me take over the world and create an existence worth living. Except for Japan. Japan can just keep doing their thing, I won't bother them.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:11 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Nope! You can start a roleplay at any time. There are some templates available in the Roleplay Lounge if you’re not sure what you want to do, and there should also be several roleplays that have openings if you want to join a pre-existing one!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:07 pm
View Likes

Thanks! I'll check it all out

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:02 am
View Likes
Zenaida says...

Hey I guess I'll revive this?

Anyway, I'm Aida. I'm not new to roleplaying, but I'm new to roleplaying on YWS! I wouldn't say I'm also new to YWS, but I took a few big breaks. I just started my first roleplay here and I'm super excited! ^^
Aida
(she/they/he)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:13 pm
View Likes
C1oudyC1oudy says...

I'm pretty new here even though it says I joined a few months ago I've just started using this account. My name is Imlay and I love roleplaying for I've been at it for a long time (A couple of years at the least). I'm curious to see how people roleplay on here.
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." - Steven Wright

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:23 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hello, @ImlaytheDay! Welcome to the Roleplay Tab of this lovely website! I’m Wist, one of the Roleplay Mods here. On yewis, people roleplay in four main ways.

Storybooks: Storybooks are roleplays with long posts (think at least 1K word count), a lot of collaboration for posts, and heavily planned plots. They tend to move pretty slowly, but the pay off is great!
Roleplay Realms: Realms tend to be more intermediate roleplays. The posts are medium length, there’s a decent amount of plotting but not a lot, and minimal collaboration for posts. They progress faster than storybooks too.
Roleplay Hollows: Hollows are very fast-paced with short responses, some only being a couple of sentences long. They’re almost entirely improv with no collaboration for each post.
Duos: Duos are roleplays between two people. The speed and word count depends entirely on the two involved, so it pretty open.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of my fellow RP mods. Happy adventuring~
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

The only person I know for certain I am better than is the person I used to be.
— CandyWizard