Young Writers Society

YWS Yearbook 2019

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:07 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

My 2019 on YWS :elephant:

I know that I've only been on this site for 48 days, but I have a lot of people to thank, some things I accomplished in 2019, and some other little things. So sit back, relax, and enjoy reading this!

Things I've Done

I Went to Disneyworld - It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, but it was still fun. I think it's more about being in Disney than actually doing things, because it was just like a regular amusement park.

I Got All A's on Every Report Card - From Quarter 3 in 6th Grade to Quarter 2 in 7th Grade, I was an all A student! I hope I can continue that this year.

I Flew On A Plane For The First Time - It sounds little, but I was really excited to finally fly on a plane (Two, in fact, there Was a layover)!

I Joined YWS - One of the Best Decisions I have ever made. I feel so welcomed here and everyone is so nice!

People Who Need A Shoutout (There is A Lot)

Please Read The Below If I Mentioned You --->

Just before you read your personal shoutout, I'd like to thank you all as one. You guys mean so much to me. I consider you guys to be my friends. You are all so kind and considerate, and you are unlike any other group of people I have ever known. I hope you people realize how grateful I am to know you. You have all made me feel so welcome and liked. I hope I stay on this website for a very long time and get to know you all better!

@MiniGem26 -
Spoiler! :
Thank you for being so kind! You wished me a happy birthday (I know it doesn't seem like much but it made me happy). You also are a very active member and I bumb into you often!

@Liberty -
Spoiler! :
Where do I even begin? I want to thank you for so much. You've reviewed my book, you welcomed me to YWS, you congratulated me on my first review star, and you wished me a happy birthday. You have done so much to me, I am really thankful to know such a wonderful person!

@Carlito -
Spoiler! :
Thank you for being so wonderful! You were the only person (I think) to congratulate me on being on Team Tortoise.

@Jaybird -
Spoiler! :
Thank you. You were the second person to welcome me to YWS, you were the first to congratulate me on being FM (and you created the thread). You have been Very active and I enjoy seeing your posts in the "people" tab.

@LittleLee -
Spoiler! :
Thanks for being the first person to join my Roleplay! Even though it's come to an End now, I loved writing my character and reading you write as Narich!

@EverLight -
Spoiler! :
I have many things to thank you for! I enjoy seeing your posts in the "people" tab, I always enjoy seeing you online,and you are such a nice person!

@alliyah -
Spoiler! :
Wow. I can hardly count how many things I need to thank you for. You are such a nice person! Your reviews are the best! You helped me with my questions when it came to KotGR! Whenever I see you on a WriterFeedPad, you're always working on a new post, review, or contest. It really inspires me to get to work! One question. Why isn't your name capitalized?

@tgham99 -
Spoiler! :
Thank you so much for continuously reviewing my novel and for posting poems for me to read and review! You are such a good writer!

@niteowl -
Spoiler! :
Your avatar is spectacular! It's so great, I love it! Also, thank you for being active and liking my posts! I also enjoy seeing your posts in the "people" section!

@KaPo21 -
Spoiler! :
Kathryn, thanks for being my IRL friend and joining YWS (after all my begging).

@RavenLord -
Spoiler! :
Thank you for joining my roleplay! Though it's coming to an end now, I loved writing it and reading your posts about Edward Jonathan! Gosh, I keep forgetting his real name!

@TheMulticoloredCyr -
Spoiler! :
Thank you so much for joining my roleplay! Maggie was such an interesting character, I loved her!

@Honora -
Spoiler! :
Thank you for being the first person to welcome me to YWS. I felt happy that someone noticed I joined! Then, you noticed that I posted my "Alone" Chapters!

@ShadowVyper
Spoiler! :
Thank you for writing one of the best books I have ever read so far. I love reading and reviewing A Fleeting Eternity.

@harperlouise06
Spoiler! :
Thank you for joining my roleplay and being such a great friend!
Last edited by looseleaf on Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:02 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Libby's 2019 Yearbook

Pfft, if you think I can sum everything that happened way back in 2019 up, you got me wrong. So much to say, unlimited space, but limited time. But I'll do my best!

In the beginning of the year, I started settling into YWS, getting to know people, etc. Way back then, I was still 12 years old.

From February till June, everything was normal (my apologies if I'm forgetting any YWS events). Ooh, and the chapter of Grade 7 closed up too.

Later, in July, me and my family went to go visit our cousins (my dad's side), after like, what, three years or something? That was super exciting.

Another pretty cool thing is that I started my novel in the beginning of July! I originally started it because there was a local competition for it, and I obviously joined. Later in September or October, when I found out I hadn't won, I gave up my novel, which was very stupid of me, but I'm continuing it now because of the support I've been getting!

In mid-July, we came back home, and then, once again, zoomed off for vacation for a month and a half.

And while on vacation, I became the featured member, which was a huge honor for me, and became an official Knight of the Green Room.

Then, we came back home in the ends of August, and re-started the usual, boring old school schedule. There was RevMo in September too, and I attained precious username colors, a cute profile pic, and a badge for participating in RevMo. Oh and I also turned thirteen.

Moving onto October. YWS had Spooktober events, which I very much enjoyed being in, like the Tagbook. There was a bunch of other stuff, but they're slipping and sliding my mind right now. Also, at the end of October, I joined Squills, the YWS newsletter.

November, ahh, the best time of YWS-year. It was the site's birthday! A quick thank you to @Nate, for making the site. <3 There were many events: the Tagbook, poetry jams, chat party, etc, and as usual, they were all entertaining.

The next month was super busy. In real life and on the site.

Me and a couple of my friends made food for 160 people. And it took us a whole week to shop for ingredients and do everything else needed. Let's just say the weekend of that week wasn't the most productive - I slept for almost forever. Then the next week, my mom had a children's day-camp that she was hosting. It was for the the last days of December, and thank God, everything went well.

Again, there were many events on here. The main thing I participated in was: YWS Best & Most Awards (I was voted for Best Poem, Best Avatar, Most Helpful & Most Likely To Finish A Book Series In A Day), YWS Yearbook 2019 (duh), and the New Year's Resolution 2020 Edition. Oh, of course you can't forget my cake day, 12/12.

I was about to do January, considering it's the 25th, and the month's almost over but then I remembered this post is only for 2019, hehe. (Also, yes, I'm aware how late I did this; it's alright.)

Now that I'm done updating you on what's been going on, time for shoutouts.

Not exactly the type of shoutout everyone else did, but I different sorta one. (Hopefully it doesn't sound too cheesy.) (Speaking of cheese, I want cheesecake.)

*clears throat* I'd like to thank everyone on YWS for being who they are now, and for helping me be who I am now. You guys are all awesome, and I might as well be stranded on a far off island if it hadn't been for you peeps. Hopefully I will never have to leave this site.

I have not much else to say.

So, I'll see you on Jupiter one day!

Toodles for now, friendo!
*insert quirky signature here*

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela