933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:18 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

SECRET SANTA: 2019

Deadline for Sign-Ups:

Hello one and hello all! Welcome to Secret Santa, an annual YWS holiday event! This is an event in which you are assigned to be an anonymous Secret Santa to a member of the site. To enter, members will fill out the form below and post it in this topic. When the sign-up deadline has passed, I will take all the names of the participants and put them into a hat, then randomly draw names and assign aforementioned name to a SS! I will then send you the name of your recipient and it's now YOUR job to complete a gift for them. It's a very fun thing to do, something you have all probably done at least once in your lives (I hope).

Before we can get to the form, though, there are some rules. These terms are final and non-negotiable. Violation of these rules will result in your disqualification from the event, so listen close and listen well, because ignorance will not be taken as an excuse!

01: You are to keep the name of your recipient anonymous. After the event is over (and that's when I say it's over), anyone is allowed to come forward and share the name of their recipient, either publicly or privately. This is not mandatory; if you wish to not know or to keep your recipient private, then you are more than welcome to. Sharing the name of your recipient either with friends or with the recipient before the event is over is not allowed.

02: Do not enter this event if you do not have the time to finish your gift. It isn't fair that you'll receive a gift and someone else won't because of whatever excuse you have to give. It's not cool, so don't do it.

03: If, for some reason, you need to drop out of the event or you know that there will be a delay with turning in your gift, then PM me right away.

04: All gifts will not involve any sort of real-life transaction of goods or money. There should be no exchanging of addresses, Paypal accounts, etc. Any requests for such information should be immediately reported to a staff member. YWS is not responsible for any off-site transactions.

05: Please respect your SS' form. If they say they don't like something, don't do it. If they request something, do your best to fill that request. It's up to you to explore that person's profile to get a better idea of what they're like if you don't quite know them that well. Subtly asking them questions is fine, but be cautious and don't make them suspicious! Just do your best to make a gift they will like and I promise that they will appreciate you for it. :)

06: There will be no requests for a new name draw. Take what you get and make the most of it. This event is to help open you to new friendships, not so it can be dominated by cliques.

07: Please post your completed form here.

08: Please be appreciative of what you get. This person put a lot of hard work into making something for you, so be nice and enjoy what you've got.

09: HAVE FUN!

Okay, now for the best part... the form! Please copy and paste this form, fill it out, and then post it in this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Alias:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Color Preferences:[/b]
[b]Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:[/b]
[b]Favorite Books/Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b]What Do You NOT Want to Get?:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc.
[b]Other:[/b]

If you have any questions, please ask in this thread. I want to keep this thread for signups only.

Have fun, you crazy kids!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Username: Elinor
Name/Alias: Ellie
Interests: Writing, watching movies, listening to records on my record player, clothes shopping, baking, going to museums
Color Preferences: Not very Chirstmas-y of me, but I love spring pastels: light blue, pink, green, yellow, lavender
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks and the people tab!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:

Artists: Currently, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Mamas & The Papas and the Carpenters

Songs: Across the Universe, All My Loving (The Beatles), That's Not Me,
California Girls (The Beach Boys), Midnight Voyage, Spanish Harlem (The Mamas & The Papas), We've Only Just Begun, Top of the World (Carpenters)

Shows: Gilligan's Island, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Mad Men, I Am The Night, The Crown

Movies: Into the Wild, To Kill a Mockingbird, Rudy, The Last Picture Show, The Best Years of Our Lives

Favorite Books/Fandoms:

I wouldn't really say I'm a part of any fandoms, but my favorite books have stayed the same: The Giver, Before I Fall, The Bell Jar, East of Eden, The Great Gatsby. Ariel is Sylvia's Plath poetry collection and very good. And while I'm not finished, I started reading Brooklyn and that book is very good as well.

Preferred Type of Gift: I love anything you throw at me! Though, the header on my profile is what my Secret Santa got me last year, so whoever you end up being, you have a high bar to cross. ;)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: There isn't anything I necessarily don't want. I want to be surprised. As long I can tell you put thought and care into it, I'll be happy.
Other: My favorite romantic ships are Ginger and the Professor (Gilligan's Island), Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker (Spider-Man) and Daphne and Fred (Scooby-Doo). I'm also in love with Chris Evans an actor and the character of Steve Rogers, so make of that what you will.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:17 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Username: fraey
Name/Alias: fraey, K, n/a
Interests: Plants, Cats, Hockey, Baseball, Pokémon, Writing
Color Preferences: I love every color, but there’s something about black/white/gray stuff I enjoy so much C: any color is cool though.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Hm, forums, People tab, and the Green Room XD I do a little in the SB section as well.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Artists — The Killers, American Authors
Songs — Enchanted by Taylor Swift, Neon Summer by Twin XL
Shows — Looking For Alaska, Lost, Reign
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Books — A Girl Named Disaster by Nancy Farmer, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Fandoms — Achievement Hunter/RoosterTeeth, Resident Evil
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything would be delightful! Although a background image for my profile would be great!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don’t really need anything that’s shipping-related. A really pretty picture would be quite lovely.
Other: Nothing more to say, haha.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:48 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Username: AvantCoffee
Name/Alias: Coffee, Coff
Interests: Philosophy, playing/recording music, creative things, Vine compilations on YouTube, wholesome friendships, cyberpunk, bohemian decorating, coffee
Color Preferences: Whatever colours come to mind at the word 'artsy'
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: At the moment I would say the People tab and... probably clubs? I impulsively make clubs. Also the forums for photography and a poetry thread I made in the Writers Corner~
Artist: Radiohead
Song: Oh my goodness this isn't Christmas related whatsoever but have you listened to the ghost choir song?! ^w^ <3
Show: Mushishi
Favorite Books/Fandoms: This isn't really a fandom, but lately I've been into this animation YouTube channel called DanPlan—my favourite of the main trio is Hosuh.
Preferred Type of Gift: These are just suggestions, but something musical would be nice! Or something humorous in any kind of medium. OH, after reading what fraey wrote for this section I remembered that I'm in need of a personal description for my About Page, so if you'd like to come up with a creative description about me that's a possibility! ^^
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing too girly or pink/purple would be appreciated. As long as something is thoughtful I'm really not that fussy c:
Other: I'm INFJ if that helps in any way at all haha

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

It's the most wonderful time of the year :santa:

Username: can u guess?
Name/Alias: alliyah, alli-y, alliy, alliygator, alligator, Knight Alliyah Court Magician, YWS's Official Fire Marshall
Interests: Poetry, #Unclassified, Dark Cyan, Theology & Religion
Color Preferences: I have very strong opinions about dark cyan being superior to teal so keep that in mind. I also like red, black, white, blue.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: SQUILLS, Poetry, Reviewing, KotGR, write-ins, fighting crime and putting out fires.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Music: Ludovico Einaudi, Lauv, George Ezra. Shows: SURVIVOR!!! & for some reason I watch a lot of Hell's Kitchen Fave Animal: Reindeer!! also a big fan for using the word "and" in poetry and not using capitalization or end-punctuation
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Love anything by Madeline L'Engle or Robert Frost. Eragon (or Inheritance Cycle) is my Fave book series of all time.
Preferred Type of Gift: Be creative! :) I'm sure I'll like whatever you come up with. I really like poetry, so if you want to try making an acrostic or sonnet or something that'd be awesome, but a poetry meme or avatar edit or dark cyan collage or a new unclassified conspiracy theory!! would be great too! Don't stress too much! :D
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I always think this is a really funny question. If you gift involves lima beans I will reject it. That is all.
Other:
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:33 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Username: LZPianogirl
Name/Alias: Lucy, real name is Lucia but please do not call me that. Friends call me Looseleaf. You can call me that if you like.
Interests: Writing, reading, playing the Sims 4 and Bitlife, watching Spongebob, criticizing stupid bakers on cooking shows, getting into fandoms without watching all of the series (Sherlock...), writing to my penpals, eating, math isn't that bad, thinking about what I identify as (pansexual, bisexual, full on gay), softball, golf, I would play football if I could
Color Preferences: I like dark green and dark purple, and mahogany
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Mostly shorts and poems, but I write novels
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: OOOOOOO I could go on forever
Artists: Nate Ruess, Sam Smith, Brendon Urie, Train
Songs: Drops of Jupiter (Train), How Do You Sleep (Sam Smith; the video is amazing), Great Big Storm (Nate Ruess), My Way (Frank Sinatra), and Old Fashioned (Brendon Urie)
Shows: Spongebob Squarepants, Sherlock, Flip or Flop (the original, not the others [not "Flip or Flop Las Angeles"]), Love it Or List It, Kids Baking Championship, Sugar Rush
Movies: "Knives Out" is my absolute favorite. It was so good!!! I also like Wonder Woman (yet I like Marvel more) Avengers: Endgame, Sandlot
Favorite Books/Fandoms:
Books: I Will Always Write Back, The Catcher in the Rye, and I am currently reading What If It's Us. So good!
Fandoms: Sherlock, Supernatural, Doctor Who
Preferred Type of Gift: I would probably prefer writing. Like a short story, not romantic. Maybe like a 10-20 page story. Or something else. I don't know, surprise me. Maybe join my RP. I really don't care. I just don't want a GIF set.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing within the Supernatural or Doctor Who fandoms, I don't know enough about those. If you draw something, no pink. No anime. No hamsters (I don't know, I just really don't like hamsters), no 18+ things, nothing really fandom related. No fandoms.
Other: I hope that was enough for you. Have a good day.

Reviews: 4
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:53 am
View Likes
RosalynWilde says...

Username: RosalynWilde
Name/Alias: Rose
Interests: Writing, reading, art, video games
Color Preferences: Blue, silver, gold and red
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Reading and reviewing other stories, skimming through forums,posting my own stories.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Lucifer, kakegurui and Sherlock Holmes will be my utmost favorite shows of all time!
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The infernal devices, His dark materials, Sherlock Holmes, Night World, Nicholas Flamel, etc.
Preferred Type of Gift: I do not mind anything, as long as it comes as a total surprise.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something that didn't have a lot of effort put into it. And do make it a pleasant surprise, not an unpleasant one.
Other: Nothing else.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:19 pm
View Likes
Softballgirl333 says...

Username: Softballgirl333
Name/Alias: SBG, Softie
Interests: I love singing, dancing, music in general, and theatre. Generally I just enjoy most forms of the arts.
Color Preferences: I absolutely love purple. Black, White, Gray, and Purple
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:The Poetry Section
Favorite Artist: Panic! At the Disco, Set it Off, Selfish Things, YUNGBLUD, Eden, Blackbear (I know almost all of the music by these artists, so if you make something song related, just like use any of the music. I love all of their songs so like you can’t go wrong)
Favorite Show: Supernatural, Lucifer, The Good Doctor, 9-1-1
Favorite Movie: I LOVE Disney movies, I am a literal child. Other than Disney I love the movies of my favorite books. There’s also Grease and Dirty Dancing.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter (Gryffindor), Divergent (Dauntless), Firebird Trilogy, and I can’t remember any others.
Preferred type of Gift: I do not really have a preference as this is my first YWS Christmas!
What do you NOT want to get: I really just want something thoughtful and something that applies to my likes and dislikes.

Other I really love nature and flowers. Like I am obsessed with flowers. I really hope this was enough info.
~Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.~ <3

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

=^-^= <3
Username: TheBlueCat
Name/Alias: Cat, Nicole
Interests: Cats (ALL THE CATS; I love all house cats [except the hairless ones] and my favorite big cat is a white tiger), ballet/pointe/tap, poetry, almost anything fantasy(especially dragons), books, crafting, all things soft and fuzzy, classical music(TwoSetViolin also heheh), space, and VR!
Color Preferences: All blue but especially sky blue and teals/turquoises. I also like purples and greens
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People and poetry tabs.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Pentatonix, Toby Mac, all classical music. Movies: Maleficent, most Disney, the Lego Movie (1+2), How to Train your Dragon (1+2)
Favorite Books/Fandoms: My favorite book list is extensive but a few are Eragon, the Heir Chronicles, anything by Laurie Halse Anderson, Darius the Great is Not Okay, and Children of Blood and Bone.
Preferred Type of Gift: I'd prefer to have some kind of picture/gif/avatar/something pretty/cute to look at. Anything cats will make me happy. If I haven't mentioned that already hehe. I have some characters I want drawn if that's your thing I will love you forever if you do c: (if you want to draw my characters I'll be posting descriptions of them on my wall soon for no apparent reason ;])
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing from a fandom unless you FOR SURE know I'm super into it, No pink(unless it's an accent color for something), and I don't really want a writing of any sort please c:
Other: Have fun! I promise I will love it ^-^
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:36 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Username: Mea
Name/Alias: Melissa
Interests: The obvious reading and writing, piano, guitar, D&D, board games, anything fantasy, instrumental music, some heavy metal, and more.
Color Preferences: I like most colors, but I really like blues and purples.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Harry Potter, LOTR, Critical Role, Dragon Prince, She-Ra, Dr. Who, anything by Brandon Sanderson, Disney in general, the Piano Guys, Blind Guardian, Lindsey Stirling, Shannon Hale, those are the ones I'm most into at the moment.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Oops I kind of rolled them into the question above.
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you want to make!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not really a shipper, so no shipping content please.
Other: Thank you! <3
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:43 pm
View Likes
LadyBug says...

Username: xJade

Name/Alias: Jade/Ann

Interests: Writing, music, movies, stand-up comedy, anything fictional, Germany, England, and coffee XD

Color Preferences: Honestly, I'm not opposed to any color but red is my favorite.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Forums and Publishing Center

Singers: Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, He Is We, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco.
Shows: The Office, Sherlock, Seven Deadly Sins, Assassination Classroom.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Replica by Lauren Oliver, Harry Potter, The Selection by Kiera Cass. Those are all I can think off from the top of my head.

Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever works.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: No fandoms, please ^^

Other: <33 Don't sweat it, give me anything and I'll be happy
"the wedding was charming if a little gauche; there's only so far new money goes.... it must have been her fault his heart gave out"

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:45 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Signups are now closed. PMs will get sent out tomorrow.
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

PMs have been sent out. Y'all have until the last day of the year to get your gift done. Have fun!
- Lewis Carroll

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler