933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:14 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

SECRET SANTA: 2018

Deadline for Sign-Ups:

Hello one and hello all! Welcome to Secret Santa, an annual YWS holiday event! This is an event in which you are assigned to be an anonymous Secret Santa to a member of the site. To enter, members will fill out the form below and post it in this topic. When the sign-up deadline has passed, I will take all the names of the participants and put them into a hat, then randomly draw names and assign aforementioned name to a SS! I will then send you the name of your recipient and it's now YOUR job to complete a gift for them. It's a very fun thing to do, something you have all probably done at least once in your lives (I hope).

Before we can get to the form, though, there are some rules. These terms are final and non-negotiable. Violation of these rules will result in your disqualification from the event, so listen close and listen well, because ignorance will not be taken as an excuse!

01: You are to keep the name of your recipient anonymous. After the event is over (and that's when I say it's over), anyone is allowed to come forward and share the name of their recipient, either publicly or privately. This is not mandatory; if you wish to not know or to keep your recipient private, then you are more than welcome to. Sharing the name of your recipient either with friends or with the recipient before the event is over is not allowed, period. It's SECRET Santa, peopleee.

02: Do not enter this event if you do not have the time to finish your gift. It isn't fair that you'll receive a gift and someone else won't because of whatever excuse you have to give. It's not cool, so don't do it.

03: If, for some reason, you need to drop out of the event or you know that there will be a delay with turning in your gift, then PM me right away.

04: All gifts will not involve any sort of real-life transaction of goods or money. There should be no exchanging of addresses, Paypal accounts, etc. Any requests for such information should be immediately reported to a staff member. YWS is not responsible for any off-site transactions.

05: Please respect your SS' form. If they say they don't like something, don't do it. If they request something, do your best to fill that request. It's up to you to explore that person's profile to get a better idea of what they're like if you don't quite know them that well. Subtly asking them questions is fine, but be cautious and don't make them suspicious! Just do your best to make a gift they will like and I promise that they will appreciate you for it. :)

06: There will be no requests for a new name draw. Take what you get and make the most of it. This event is to help open you to new friendships, not so it can be dominated by cliques.

07: Please post your completed form here.

08: Please be appreciative of what you get. This person put a lot of hard work into making something for you, so be nice and enjoy what you've got.

09: HAVE FUN!

Okay, now for the best part... the form! Please copy and paste this form, fill it out, and then post it in this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Alias:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Color Preferences:[/b]
[b]Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:[/b]
[b]Favorite Books/Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b]What Do You NOT Want to Get?:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
[b]Other:[/b]

I forgot to say that by entering and COMPLETING this event, you are eligible for a December Event badge, made by a member of staff! Please note that failing to complete a gift will result in you not getting a badge.

Have fun, you crazy kids!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:19 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

FAQs:

Q. When do I find out who my Secret Santa recipient is?
A. After the signups deadline passes, I will PM everyone with the name of their recipient, along with any additional information.

Q. How long do I have to complete my gift?
A. You will have until December 31st at midnight GMT.

Q. Will there be any deadline reminders?
A. I keep a list of everyone who has or hasn't received their gift yet, so if you have not sent me your gift a week before the deadline, then I will send you ONE courtesy reminder.

Q. What happens if I fail to submit a gift?
A. Then my elves will make your recipient a gift and you will receive coal from Santa for Christmas. (Please do your absolute best to submit a gift)

Any more questions? Post them below or PM me!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:49 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

*slides in* ME FIRST, ME FIRST!
Username: Featherstone
Name/Alias: Feather, Fea
Interests: Birds. Falconry. Dragons, fantasy creatures, that sort of thing. Roleplaying, making ocs, worlds, etc. Did I mention birds of prey? What about raptors? Owls, too. I LOVE ANIMALS AND I LOVE FANTASY GUYS
Color Preferences: I love earthtones the best but pastels are also rad
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Roleplay Realm & SB section
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I like soundtracky music, like James Horner. I also like the Piano Guys and 2 Cellos. As for shows/movies, The Shape of Water, Firefly/Serenity, and Galavant are a few favs.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins and The Belgariad by David Eddings.
Preferred Type of Gift: I think a piece of visual art would be really fun, be it a gif or graphic or drawing or whatever, but I'll love whatever you make me! :D
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something from a fandom I don't know
Other: Other.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:36 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

Username: KaiRyu
Name/Alias: Kai
Interests: Anime, art, reading, writing, character creation, Sci-Fi, fantasy, character design XD, RP,CATS, HAWKS, DEER!!!
Color Preferences: Light turquoise and sunset pink. I love bright colors, but not overbearingly bright, highlighter type colors like hot pink or neon green.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: ..... The RP clubs and SB's. XD
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: 60's, 70's, 40's song artists (especially the Four Tops, Supertramp, Culture Club, Benny Goodman, Billy Joel, and Don McLean.) Shows: GRAVITY FALLS, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Blacklist, NCIS, and Stranger Things. (Anime's now) Black Butler, Assassination Classroom, Seraph of the End, RWBY, Angel Beats, Azumanga Daioh, and Chobits.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, the Lunar Chronicles, Shadowhunters(the book), Mrs. Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children, Undertale, welcome to Night Vale and Welcome to Desert Bluffs, and Phantom of the Opera.
Preferred Type of Gift: An ORIGINAL drawing.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something that's less than the persons best and unoriginal. Anything else will be perfect! :D
Other: If you're not comfortable drawing something, then create an OC for one of my fandoms (besides RWBY, Angel Beats, and Stranger Things). Make sure to include the full description (personality, age, name, appearance, strength, weakness, weapon of choice (optional), powers (other), and backstory.
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:12 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Username: concord
Name/Alias: Connie, Kille.
Interests: I'm interested in a lot of things like books, music, reading, anime/manga, ukulele, mythology, languages that I don't know, scientific facts.
Color Preferences: I like a wide variety of colors - anything from white/gray/black to pastels (specifically light reds/pinks or light blues/purples) or even darker shades. I don't really mind what color!
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: I spend most of my time in either the forums (writing, random) but I am trying to get more into the SB section XD
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Favorite artists are the Killers, Fall Out Boy, twenty one pilots, Two Door Cinema Club, uhhh OneRepublic, DREAMERS, Waterparks, lotsa peeps. Some favorite songs include Favorite Record by Fall Out Boy, Change Your Mind and This River is Wild by the Killers, Collar Full by Panic! At the Disco, uhhh What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club, Glowing Eyes by twenty one pilots, uhh lotsa songs too XD. Shows include Reign, Lost, Teen Wolf, iZombie, The Walking Dead. Also Hamilton.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Some of my favorite books include Stardust by Neil Gaimin, A Girl Named Disaster by Nancy Farmer, Candide by Voltaire, Grendel by John Gardener, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinback. Some of my fandoms that haven't been mentioned previously include RoosterTeeth, uhhh Supernatural (older seasons though), and uhhh if hockey counts, I'm in that XD, uhh, yeah, Sherlock, Marvel/Avengers, and some animes like Yuri On Ice, Hitman Reborn, Kuroko no Basuke, Prince of Tennis.
Preferred Type of Gift: I really don't care! Whatever you like doing more, such as writing, then maybe a little piece on like a part of the supernatural creatures you like, or like a drawing on a favorite character from one of these many fandoms. Whatever you would enjoy doing!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I think basically anything would be cool to get, but I would like something at least somewhat related to the many things listed above XD
Other: Even something like putting song lyrics on pictures would be neat! Thanks in advance :D
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:14 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Username: EternalRain
Name/Alias: EternalRain, Eternal, Rain
Interests: Writing, reading, baking (mostly I just love sugar), polymer clay, cats, mermaids, TV, psychology, YWS.
Color Preferences: I love purple, gray, and blue. Lighter colors are more my style. But really, I love all colors as long as they aren't neon.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People Tab!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Music: I like Dodie Clark, Arctic Monkeys, Kodaline, Lana del Rey, Charlie Puth. Shows: Avatar: The Last Airbender (!!! so much!), Buffy, Stranger Things, Voltron, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Dragon Prince.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Lemony Snicket books, Throne of Glass series (I'm not finished yet though), Dear Evan Hansen musical. I also like Disney and TheOdd1sOut.
Preferred Type of Gift: Poem, art/drawing, song, short story, graphic/edit, gif set - anything you like to do! :) I love creative artsy things!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something that you didn't have fun making. But really, I’ll like anything!
Other: I know I've said this like 8 times but please have fun! THANK YOU!!!!<33333
Last edited by EternalRain on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:53 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Username: Elinor
Name/Alias: Ellie
Interests: Classic film, mid-century American culture and history (anything from the 30s-70s really), true crime, romance, history, politics, movies/Hollywood, nature/environmentalism, camping/hiking, fashion, DC comics, and a million other things I'm probably forgetting
Color Preferences: I like cool/pastel colors! Blues, greens, yellows, purples
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks and Gen Lit!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: The Beatles, The Doors, The Mamas and the Papas, Mad Men, I Love Lucy, The Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Into the Wild, From Here to Eternity, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Last Picture Show, Cinderella
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Giver, The Girls, Before I Fall, The Bell Jar
Preferred Type of Gift: I love artwork, but feel free to give me whatever strikes your fancy!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm open to anything!
Other: Go crazy!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

Username: dwyn
Name/Alias: Rachel
Interests: Cats, food, folklore, Grimm Fairytales, Tennyson's poetry, zodiacs, and my book which is about two witches.
Color Preferences: black, dark blue, pink, dark forest green, blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: These days I mostly just post things in the Peoples tab. I used to write for Squills often but I don't have time these days.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: BTS, Game of Thrones, Marina and the Diamonds, Merlin, Lana Del Rey, Natsume and the Book of Friends, Penny Dreadful, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, etc.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Infernal Devices, BTS fandom, Harry Potter (I'm a Ravenclaw).
Preferred Type of Gift: I love gifs and drawings.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't want anything Divergent or Throne of Glass related.
Other: Thank you in advance <3

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Username: ellasnotebook
Name/Alias: ella
Interests: musical theatre, lizards, ukulele and music, urban legends and the like, crafts and art, poetry, writing and books
Color Preferences: yellow, pink, blue, orange, really all colors. I just. love color lol
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: people tab or in the help section of the forums (because Lord knows I need it)
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: My favorite band right now is Miracle Musical, but I love Arctic Monkeys, The Beatles, and Johny Cash. My favorite show right now is The Good Place
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Sadie, The Book Thief, The Screaming Staircase(Lockwood & Co.), The Thief (The Queen's Thief series), The Demon King (The Seven Realms series), Ms.Bixby's Last Day, The Memory of Light, Six of Crows, Icefall, Harry Potter(Hufflepuff!), And Then There Were None
Preferred Type of Gift: really anything you make is cool with me!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not really sure, I'm pretty ok with everything
Other: have fun :D

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:44 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Yay! Secret Santa!

Username: alliyah
Name/Alias: alli-y, alli, alliygator
Interests: poetry, language/Greek/Hebrew, religion, color-coordination, violin, piano, surviving finals, Cheerios (the cereal), alligators, reindeer
Color Preferences: Red and Dark Cyan are my favorites. Not to be confused with Teal. :D I also like blue, indigo, green, dark red, black, white, grey, periwinkle, cyan, and yellow.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: All Reviewing and Reading Poetry - and posting in the all wonderful Poem of the Week thread and keeping up with my WRFF thread. And also Knights of the Green Room or Better Review Bureau. And SQUILLS! I write the history columns, some poetry related articles, holiday articles, and some event coverage.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Lauv, Miriam Bryant, Sleeping at Last, Daughter, Ludovico Einaudi, Brian Crain, Yiruma, anything with strings, "Survivor," "Now we are Free" from The Gladiator is probably my favorite song at the moment.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini, "Unwind" by Neil Shusterman, and any books by Madeline L'Engle, also a fan of Loki from the Avengers.
Preferred Type of Gift: Pretty much anything works, I would love if it was poetry or squills related or a neat graphic! I like poetry with images behind the words too (you can check out my wall for examples) or you could write a poem if you're feeling ambitious too! Yeah those are just some ideas, and I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with. Feel free to use or ignore any of my ideas - I'm not picky and appreciate the effort!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Not that anyone would do this - but I would probably prefer if you didn't use swearing in whatever you make. :] Oh! And nothing with any reference to Lima Beans. Thanks in advance.
Other: Can't wait to see what you create! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:50 am
View Likes
rosette says...

might as well : DDD

Username: rosette
Name/Alias: rosette
Interests: Jesus, the Bible, Agatha Christie, piano, Mexican food, 20th-century poetry, sweaters, frozen yogurt, red hair, oversized hoodies,
Color Preferences: blue (preferably darker shades)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: the People tab! also Blog tab...
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Francesca Battistelli & Indiana Bible College & all kinds of christmas music <333 (especially Pentatonix - the old one with Avi).
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Hercule Poirot stories. Sherlock Holmes stories. A book series I will forever love is "Mark of the Lion" by Francine Rivers. <333
Preferred Type of Gift: I'd love a picture or poem or short story!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: tbh I think I'd pretty happy with just the fact that I got a gift (!!) but if you could keep in mind that I'm religious and such... that'd be appreciated : )
Other: I'm not supa crazy about fantasy. Boom.
On earth I long to be like Him

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Username:Niteowl
Name/Alias:Nite, Tae
Interests:Wow I'm not even sure. Um, reading, writing, science, history...my problem is I'll be super interested in something for a while, then move on to the next thing, lol.
Color Preferences: Cooler colors, especially purple and blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab, Forums, Poetry, Green Room
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Musically, I'm a bit all over the place. I like poppy stuff like Taylor Swift, but also more rock stuff. Some other current faves are Lorde, Camila Cabello, Elle King, Janelle Monae, Halsey, and Passenger. I also love my mid-2000's emo like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco. I'm a bit of a hermit when it comes to TV shows, so I don't have any current faves (though
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Fave authors are Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (Good Omens is the best). Other faves are the Abhorsen series, the Fairyland series, and anything with romance (I love love lol). I've always been a fantasy person, but I do try to expand my horizons. I also love mysteries/thrillers and some historical fiction. I strongly dislike sad books and most realistic fiction.
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you come up with.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't like the colors orange or yellow. I'm also not in any fandoms really, so any fandom-related stuff will probably go right over my head.
Other: Have fun! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:38 pm
View Likes
fishsashimi says...

Username:
fishsashimi
Name/Alias:
Bill
Interests:
anime, vocaloid, marvel universe, kpop,
Color Preferences:
All cool colors
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:
The people tab, forums, roleplay clubs
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
BTS, Red Velvet, Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin and Len, Basically every vocaloid lol, BNHA, Assassination Classroom
Favorite Books/Fandoms:
Hunger Games, ASoUE, Divergent, Maze Runner
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
I'd love any type of drawings,
What Do You NOT Want to Get?:
I'm cool with whateves
Other:
have fun :3
wheeee~

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 pm
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

*takes a deep breath* I'm going to try to do this.

Username: AlexOfLight
Name/Alias: Alex
Interests: Drawing, reading, fantasy, science, Eragon(the books), PJ, the anime style, games, The Legend of Zelda, Undertale, and Portal.
Color Preferences: My favorite colors are green and blue but I like all other colors except pink.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Roleplay Geeks and the people tab.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Kaitou Joker, Blood+, Wander Over Yonder, Gravity Falls, and Star vs the Forces of Evil.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: A Wrinkle in Time(I cry at the end every single time), Eragon, The Legend of Zelda.
Preferred Type of Gift: I'm fine with a drawing or a short but I don't mind what you give me. :mrgreen:
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm cool with what I get.
Other: Have a great time!
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:59 pm
View Likes
ExoticFrog says...

Username: Exotic Frog
Name/Alias: Froggy
Interests: Kittens, hedgehogs
Color Preferences: All blues
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Queer Inklings
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Panic! At the disco, Brad Paisley, Chris Stapleton, JASON ALDEAN country artists.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Coyote Peterson's book
Preferred Type of Gift: MEME Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Anything anime related
Other: I like memes and animals
Your gay friend

Froggy

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson