Secret Santa 2018 Sign-Ups!

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:26 pm
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Username: SnowMonkey

Name/Alias: Desirée, Dezzy or Dez

Interests: Writing, reading, guitar, ukelele, art, video games (nintendo), medieval stuff, and classic movies/classic hollywood.

Color Preferences: My favorite color is green, but I looovvveee white and black together.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Probably the Poeple's tab and the forums.

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Twenty One Pilots, Mother Mother, Jr Jr, Awolnation, Of Monsters and Men, Gravity Falls, Over The Garden Wall, The Clone Wars, any and all Marvel movies, any and all animated DC shows/movies (especially Young Justice), and of course High School Musical.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood, Keeper Of The Lost Cities, Marvel (Cap is the best), DC (Bat famiiilllyyy), Star Wars (Obi-Wan is my boi), Disney (especially Tangled), Harvest Moon.

Preferred Type of Gift: I mean, I'm really happy with anything, but I do really love art.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: meh like I said, I'm happy with anything.

Other: Thanks in advance Secret Santa! :)
Last edited by SnowGhost on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just killing time until time kills me.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 am
View Likes
Saruka says...

Username: Saruka
Name/Alias: Saruka/Saru
Interests: Theatre, art, music
Color Preferences: I don't really have a preference of colors exactly, but I prefer softer colors to brighter ones.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: RP Clubs!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: (I'm not gonna put anything here because they'll all be in my fandoms below!)
Favorite Books/Fandoms: ASOUE, Stranger Things, The Good Place, Be More Chill, Dear Evan Hansen, Buzzfeed Unsolved, SVTFOE, Camp Camp, Gravity Falls, Sanders Sides
Preferred Type of Gift: gifset or short writing if you can would be neat!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not interested in fandoms that I haven't listed (unless you know for a fact that i do, and that i just forgot.) I'd prefer no ships unless they're canon, also!
a lesbian disaster

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

Username: bluewaterlily
Name/Alias: Lily
Interests: Writing, fairytales, Taylor Swift, reading, poetry, YA lit
Color Preferences: Turquoise, teal, lavender, rose gold, silver, pastels
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People's tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Lindsey Stirling, Taylor Swift, Evanescence, Paramore, The Fray, Stranger Things, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Once Upon a Time
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Percy Jackson, The Lunar Chronicles, Eragon, Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Once Upon a Time, Buffy, Stranger Things
Preferred Type of Gift: fanart or word art, a collage of fan art (doesn;t have to be original) or a compilation of some sorts ex: favorite quotes, favorite poems, a compilation of fanart, gifs
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'll seriously be grateful for anything, but I'd prefer not to get something that isn't a fandom I belong to
Other:
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:02 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

<3

Username: TheBlueCat
Name/Alias: Cat
Interests: reading, writing torturing my babies, cats, fantasy, ballet, art (a lot of mixed media), cats, yws, food, books, aaannnnnnddddddddd cats c:
Color Preferences: Any and all shades of blue (my fav is sky blue), purples, greens, teals (so the cool colors)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: people and poetry c:
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I can't do specific songs, but I love Toby Mac and Mandisa for specific christian artists, but generally pop christian music, and classical orchestra/piano music.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Anything Wendy Mass (Every Soul A Star and The Candymakers are my favorite two), Eragon, Percy Jackson (and other Rick Riordan), Narnia, Warriors, The Heir Chronicles, The Uglies (and the following three books), and the list goes on c:
Preferred Type of Gift: Maybe some kind of aesthetic collage based on me or my book, I would ADORE any and all art of my characters, anything cats/space/fantasy, and well anything really! I love art and music and handmade things, but I will appreciate anything <3
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Uhh, just don't do clashing colors or something totally and obviously different from my interests or anything like that and I will be a very happy kitty c:
Other: Have fun! =^-^=
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:37 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Username: FireSpyGirl
Nickname/Alias: SpyGirl
Interests: Writing, Reading, Firefighting, Marshal arts, Mechanics, Acting, Nature and playing my violin.
Color Preferences: I really like Blue, Black and Dark red.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS? RP's and writing and reviewing.
Favorite Artists/songs/shows:I love the Piano Guys, LINDSEY STIRLING, The cog is dead, Abney Park, Peter hollens, Tom Petty, AC/DC , REBA MCENTIRE! and Whitney Avalon. Shows/Movies: The X-files and the Avengers and the Greatest Showman.
Favorite Books: The Belgariad and the Mallorean by David Eddings, Dracula by Bram Stoker and William Shakespeare.
Preferred type of Gift: A gif or visual piece of art.
What Do you NOT want to get: Something that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I posted.
Other: Have lots of fun! :D
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:44 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Username: TriSARAHtops
Name/Alias: Sarah/Tri/whatever other shortening of my username strikes your fancy
Interests: Writing, travel, reading, movies, languages
Colour Preferences: Blue and pink are my favourite colours, but basically anything that's not, like, puke green or something, is cool with me.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Lurking around the People Tab and the forums
Favourite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Music: Really been liking Sløtface, Dream Wife, Gang of Youths, The Wombats, Ferla, Cub Sport and Girli this year// Shows: Doctor Who (specifically 9th, 10th or 13th Doctors), Brooklyn-99, Babylon Berlin, A Series of Unfortunate Events
Favourite Books/Fandoms: Leviathan trilogy, Good Omens, anything Jane Austen, pretty much anything Sarra Manning, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Preferred Type of Gift: Something you've enjoyed making! :D
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'd be happy with anything!
Other: Thank you in advance!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:36 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Username: Amnesia
Name/Alias: Mem
Interests: Reading, Singing, idk what else i do honestly
Color Preferences: No prefrence
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Writer Feed Pad
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Right now I'm listening to Panic At the Disco, Favorite song is High Hopes or Say Amen. I was NCIS and Greys Anatomy religiously
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, 5sos, 1D, Percy Jackson, Dean Koontz, James Patterson.
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. Anything really :)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I swear to God if I see anything Baby Shark related I will castrate people
Other: I'm getting married on the 28th.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:17 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Username: Querencia
Name/Alias: Querencia, Que, Q, Falc, etc.
Interests: Reading, writing, piano, drawing, music
Color Preferences: Purple, blue, green
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Stalking the people’s tab! And sometimes the greenroom. ;)
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: In terms of music, I adore Death Cab For Cutie! Other favorites are Of Monsters and Men, The Alan Parsons Project, Coldplay, The Black Keys. Also lots of classic rock. And some stuff like Lindsey Stirling, Piano Guys, Mannheim Steamroller.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Six of Crows and literally everything ever by Leigh Bardugo is my absolute favorite always. Maggie Stiefvater is fantastic. I also like Harry Potter(/also Fantastic Beasts <3), Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek (TOS), Sherlock.
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you’d like! Drawing, writing, gifs, I’m good with it! :)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I’m not fond of orange? Or blazing neon colors.
Other: I adore Iceland and puffins and hats!
Parlez-vous français?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:47 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Username: Mea
Name/Alias: Mea
Interests: Piano, viola, guitar, D&D, Stardew Valley (and reading and writing of course).
Color Preferences: I love purples and blues. :)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The people tab, or reading people's novels.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
Music: Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling, Blind Guardian, movie soundtracks, classical guitar, Christmas music
Shows: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Star Trek, The Good Place
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter (always), Lord of the Rings, Brandon Sanderson's novels, the Fairyland series.
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not really into shipping of any variety.
Other: I'm always looking for new book/show recommendations!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Closed! PMs will be sent out tomorrow.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:15 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

PMs have been sent out! If, for some reason, you did not receive a PM then let me know ASAP :)
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:40 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

After a bit of work from our elves, all gifts have been given and received :) thanks to everyone who participated and followed through with the commitment, I appreciate it very much!

With that said, everyone can now reveal themselves if they wish to :)
- Lewis Carroll

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:59 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Well, then, I’d like to say I’m glad you enjoyed your picture @Mea XD I had a lot of fun making it!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:47 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I take credit for making @SnowMonkey's gift!! It was hilarious to make because what could be better than High School Musical + DC/Marvel Superheroes? Also Zac. Efron. The 21 Pilots quote was hard to find, but I asked my sister for some song suggestions. Glad you appreciated it!

I also drew a cartoon triceratops for @TriSARAHtops which was fun to try as well!

Anyone else going to reveal who they were Secret Santa for? :) :) :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Ahhh thank you so much @alliyah! It was amazing how cleverly you combined my fandoms into my gift! XD

Now to reveal my Secret Santa, whom was none other then the amazing @TheBlueCat !
I hope you liked your gift!
I enjoyed re-reading your chapters of Blue Arrow to get some inspo for the collage. :)
Just killing time until time kills me.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler