z

Young Writers Society

2017 YWS Yearbook

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:14 am
Carlito says...

*claims spot!!*
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 am
Wolfi says...

Top of page two isn't too shabby. *claims!*
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:45 am
lemonboi says...

Um, what?(exactly am I claiming?)((is going on?))

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:16 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hopefully this doesn't get too long....

So last year I basically just made this a little post with highlights from YWS/life so I think I'm going to do that again and throw a couple shout-outs in there too. In 2017 I was probably way more involved on the site than I ever have been since joining.

I became a junior moderator in late January 2017 along with the always friendly Storybook Master @saentiel and the journalist/spookywriter/KOTGR review & gif queen @LadyLizz and so far it has been a wonderful experience!

I was involved in clubs/2708 with @snowmonkey9 and clubs/2761 with the wonderful PCrew Leader @Aley and lovely @BlueAfrica and LadyLizz, Lumi, and others try to decipher what in the world all of these poems mean. Tons of fun!

I did a bunch of reviewing. Completed RevMo and made it into the top 100 all time Review board.

I completed National Poetry Writing Month for the first time. a collage of mismatched contemplations

I also wrote a TON of poems this year, some good, some baaaddd, but all just a little bit of truth written out from life. To my surprise one of my old works had a come-back and made it into the top liked "literary works of all time": &quot;Let it Load&quot;
I think I have to give a thanks to @Kays for reviewing it back in June this year and also @raventherow12 for bringing it back in October as well.

Also really glad I was able to get to know both @Kays and @Aley from PCrew better this year, both are fellow poets and reviewers that I admire and I think I've learned from both of them this year in how to be a better mod, poet, and reviewer.

I also was finally able to add something to the Knowledge Base on YWS: Specificity in Poetry

In non-YWS life, I graduated college, applied for and started grad school, competed in a Poetry Slam, traveled a bit, and generally had a pretty good year. I also had my first piece of work published - just a short academic/society piece in a book, but it was still super exciting and I got to be involved with the book launch and such so that was also exciting.

Thank you to everyone on YWS who has made this year memorable! Especially to the fellow moderators who I've gotten to know a bit better this year - thank you all for your kindness, thoughtfulness, creativity, and everything you add to the site. I've enjoyed reading your works and receiving your thoughtful reviews as well.

-All the best to all of you in the new year, may 2018 be one filled with joy, inspiration, and lots of writing!-

alliyah
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:17 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

Well, this looks fun!

I have been involved in this site more so than ever before this year (let's just ignore the fact that I joined in December of last year) and you know, what? It's been great.

I did R.E.D! (Only made it halfway through, but a standing ovation for this girl, please).

After a great struggle, I completed RevMo - victoriously. And I couldn't be more happy.

And though I did not do NaPoWriMo, I had a fantastic time reading the poems of all who did. You guys are great.

I earned 3 stars, a few works in the literary spotlight, joined a few awesome clubs... and of course, made some friends. :)

@Wriskypump - thanks for the deep, sometimes strange discussions, and lovely nicknames. You should totally check out the banner on my profile. You'll be flattered.
@Lael - Whatever you do, don't quit posting those #songoftheday Christian songs. They are, by far, my favorite. <3
@saentiel - thanks for congratulating me - and everyone else - on earning new stars, and wishing them happy cake day, and all the other kind things you do. <3
@ChieRynn - being conservative rocks
@Snoink - shoutout to this gal for changing my username. And occasionally reading my blog. And a few other things I'll remember later.
@RubyRed - you totally need to come back so we can be Scott buddies
@snowmonkey9 and @TheBlueCat - thanks for making me laugh even though you're probably both wondering how in the world you did that
@scribbleinks - I'll catch up on HOHW when I'm not so busy...
@BigBrother - No, I didn't forget you; you wonderful moderator, you.

Also: Super Huge Shoutout to @Mea and @alliyah for being super awesome people in general.

2017 was probably the worst year of my life, but you all - not just those I tagged -made it better. Thanks for existing all those who make YWS what it is today. (Guess I should tag @Nate for this, ey?)
Last edited by rosette on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On earth I long to be like Him

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:44 am
View Likes
Carina says...

ya know, I think I placed a placeholder for last year's entry and completely forgot about it until now

alright time for an A++++ yearbook entry here we go

@Iggy you da bomb dot com
@veeren you suk
@Omnom you aight

and now for all the people that I have conversed with this year:

@bluewaterlily thanks for all the messages and convos you've left on my profile! It's always fun to chat up with you and catch up over the years.

@BrumalHunter we actually haven't talked much but I had no one else to tag and it would just be sad to tag one person so pretend we've had long hours of pokemon talk together

@MJTucker I just kinda met you but YOU SEEM CHILL SO YOU HAVE MADE MY LIST

(this is a sad list lol.... *CRY*)

@Dutiful @Deanie @Auxiira @AfterTheStorm @KittyCatMeow @Jony @Blackwood @KingLucifer
Miss all of ya'll and our silly shenanigan talks! We may all be inactive but you can turn into a zombie like me too...right???!

oh

and special thanks to @Snoink for generally being a pretty rad person. shout out to that one time when you told me how to calculus through YWS PM's lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

@Carina thanks for the mention it actually made me really happy :)

Now for my yearbook (and if I forgot you I'm so sorry it's 9 P.M. and I had to deal with a bunch of screaming children today so I'm slightly exhausted)

It's been a wonderful year, and I realize I haven't been on YWS for all of it, so let's start at the beginning. @saentiel, you steal the cake for warmest/most helpful greeting. Shoutout to @DarkPandemonium for allowing me to tease her about stupid things British people. And I do apologize for that roast, although you gotta admit that was pretty good :) Also thank you for the many detailed reviews you've left on my literary pieces throughout this past year.

Shoutout to all my RPers (@RavenLord, @FalconryGal9086, @LittleLee, @Carlymillie, @Danni88, @whatchamacallit, @ThemagicalEbonyFox, @Strident, @KaiRyu, @Kelpies, @DemonGoddess, @Flumadiddle) and all the others I can't think of right now. Special shoutout to @DemonGoddess for all the ships we have now, although Joallison still triumphs over all. Crystalex is getting there though.

Shoutout to @ChieRynn for bonding over Star Wars nerds and all the other similarities we have.

Shoutout to @Snazzy for dealing with my noobishness in my beginning days on YWS and still offering suppport :)

Shoutout to @Lael for creating such great storybooks and bearing with me as I struggle through them and for modeling living a great life for Christ. Keep on going, girl. You're beautiful <3

Shoutout to @Nate for keeping the site running. I think I speak for all of YWS when I thank you especially for all the work it takes to keep this working.

Shoutout to all the mods and those with names of any colors for the extra work they do in their own areas to keep YWS safe and fun. insert follow-up cheesy statement here. I really appreciate it.

Shoutout to @Tortwag for brightening everyone's day with random and funny messages :) Keep it up, man.

Shoutout to @InfiniteRectangles for writing an awesome poem about anxiety

And I think that about wraps it up! If I forgot anyone I'm so sorry, and I'll PM you.

Thank you to everyone who made this year especially awesome :)
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:06 am
View Likes
Carlymillie says...

When I saw the notification I'm like wow! someone did tag me! thank you @MjTucker for mentioning me, it's a great honour to be in the same RP with you.

I've spent just a short time here on YWS and I've been averagely active, because you know, real life.

My first shout out goes to @BlueAfrica , yes without you I think I'd still be holding a torchlight on YWS trying to find my way, but you helped me scale through.

A special shout out to @DemonGoddess for making me love RPs so much, @MjTucker for been there to spice up the RPs and thank them both, for always finding a way to put in the middle of their ship, in any RP we three are together in.

Shout out to @TheRolePlayGeeks ! oh my favourite clubby!!! you help me show my true passion. Thanks for the creation of this club.

@Flaumaddidle we haven't had a special convo, but I'm giving you a shout out, why? because you were hat new comet that blew my mind! And guess what? you still blow my mind away!

Thanks to @ThemagicalEbonyFox for creating all the RPs I found myself, I love you...Muah!

shout out to @KaiyRu , the only name that sounds Anime..lol I love your name, and little secret, you're always my favourite character in any RP. when I see your character I just think Anime!

@Aaliyah thanks for the wonderful reviews you gave to me, for just the two works I've posted.

That's a wrap! YWS thank you for a wonderful year! I'm glad I found this club! It became a vital part of me, and it always will be!
Vampire before and after death.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:21 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

I'm not going to say something generic like "ugh, 2017 was crap and I hope 2018 is better" or "YAY 2017 was my year". 2017 was... 2017. It was good, it was bad, it was boring, it was sad, it was exciting.

I did not write much when it comes to what I published on YWS - however, I did get into blog writing and I wrote a LoT in my journal. I'm happy with 2017 because it was the year that writing once again became what saved me on nights when I couldn't breathe (mentally, emotionally, and physically) for whatever reason and had literally lost pretty much all hope.

Without sounding cliche, writing in 2017 (mainly the latter end) has helped me to bleed out all of my feelings onto paper. My feelings became more meaningful, and in turn, so did my poems and other pieces.

Anyway, 2017 was 2017. :)

Shoutouts:

@pizzaroll : I share your fondness for pizzarolls, to begin with. But seriously, you've been a great friend to me on YWS, even when I felt so much like crap that I didn't respons to your PMs or emails. I'm glad to about the founding of a cult squad, and to be included in it! Thanks for letting me vent to you when I thought I would explode (*points to marching band season*). (Also, your taste in memes are great.)

@ChieRynn : I don't know why, but I always associate you with YWS. We share a lot of the same views, I think is partly why. I also share your complete disinterest in math (I think?), which is another reason. xD Thanks for being a friendly face on YWS!

@Sheytato : Clarinet, man. (And alto sax, and tenor, and bass clarinet, and whatever else you play?! xD) You'll definitely make Regionals this next year; I have full faith in you.

@Iridescence : I know I'm doing a lot of music/band shoutouts, but you're one of the names that often comes to mind when I think of YWS Music. You're an EXTREMELY talented musician. Keep on practicing with Christine (I got your trumpet's name correct, right?)! :3

@saentiel : Okay, so I know we don't share any of the same views (or at least, none that I know). And to be honest, for a long time, I was sort of bitter about it. But seriously, you are one of the most supportive, nicest, and most welcoming people on YWS. I admire that in you. Thanks for always being so kind! :3

@Mea , @rosette , @MJTucker , @Wolfical and everyone else on the Daily Devotions, God Has More Followers and Daughters of the King clubs. I struggled a lot mentally (and spiritually) in that last bit of 2017, but you all really encouraged me in the Word. (And I'm glad to say that I've gotten back into reading my Bible!) Thanks for not giving up on the sad, hopeless creature known as "Snazzy". :)

Also, a general shoutout to everyone over on YWS Music! You guys make sharing music all the more enjoyable. There's something special about sharing on of your passions with people who share you passion and other passions (whoa that was a lot of 'passions'). I mean, it's nice to talk about music with other writers. It's fun. :)

Thanks to the entire YWS community. It's so weird to think that I've been a part of this community for almost 4 years. It's such a great place. :3
Last edited by Snazzy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:57 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Best. Year. Ever. (On YWS [for me])

I was chosen with my partner-in-crime @Aley to be a Global Moderator! I get to work closely with my favorite folks in the world on #SBCrew #PiratesRepresent #Blessed! And I saw a whole new generation of YWSers spill in from all corners of the globe and become best friends practically overnight. Or, uh, overyear. Yeah. Let's see to those shout-outs. In no particular order so that I may leave people out by accident and have one-on-one talks about how much they mean to me later...

@TheSilverFox --> You are kind and generous and very gosh darn hard on yourself. I adore writing with you, and I adore being your friend. Your future is very bright--much more so than I can parse--and I endeavor to be the best of friend as I can be to sustain you, distract you, and entertain you until the close-approaching heat-death of the universe.

@chibibo --> You smell like pie. (What flavor?) PIE FLAVOR.

@BrumalHunter --> You are profound, pedantic, and punny. As much as we BORK BORK BORK, there has yet to be a bite, and I believe that is proof of great friendship and brotherhood. I apologize profusely that--not one, but--both of our Christmas presents to one another wound up blasted apart by what I can only consider hilarious fate. But we did try. I have a dismantled DS in my office and lots of night-hours as handy proof. The long and short of your shout-out is that as long as we care about one another the way we cared about getting these gifts to each other, our friendship will be healthy and lively.

@Insomnia --> I just sent you a sticker of a Snorlax.

@birk --> My main dude! Tell The Artist I said Happy New Year, and the same to you (I guess, if you're into ritualistic countdowns now that Dick Clark is dead.) I miss you tons and wish you'd come around more, but I understand that life goes on and so do people. You could be my media reviews buddy and we could media review media and have media in the media reviews section! But SC and FBM are just as good as long as I remember to check them.

@Nutty --> ur art, it maek ma sool cri

@Sheytato --> ALL HAIL. You're so funny! Your reputation and popularity precedes you rightfully so, and I don't know of another person who so properly deserved a completed storybook legendary badge, and then ill-deserved a deleted storybook...for good. I'm so sorry. D: Also, LAUREL WAS IN THERE. D:<

@saentiel --> Magerino, you are a mighty morphin' force to be reckoned with. I don't know where your enthusiasm and energy and love comes from, but I sincerely and wholly PRAY you never lose it because it is invaluable in this world, and it makes you like no other. You are crazy awesome, and don't forget it.

@Bloo --> I worry about you often and really hope you find Tapu Koko.

@Steggy --> The site is so nice with your dinosaurs about. I mean it! And Carl, too! We miss him in tagbooks. Or, at least, I think he hasn't been in tagbooks recently. Neither, really, have I. We should both remedy that! I adore your writing and your ideas, your characters, and how you treat mine. It's like you know what I'm doing before it's done, you lil psychic dino. You're gr8.

@Auxiira --> WHERE THE HACK ARE YOU DON'T MAKE ME CALL YOU.

@Rydia --> Caaaaaptain. *salutes* I write this to tell you that my Christmas gift from your leg of the SB shipyard came in, and I'm overwhelmed and proud to say that, while she's absolutely no flagship like The S.S. Catseye, my newly-christened vessel, The S.S. Wickerman took my breath away with its sheen upon the Sanctum Bay waters. Aye, with the Blackrose Lumber and Rose Gold trim, surely nothing could've made a First Mate prouder to serve under such a wonderful Captain as you. As it has been for years, so it shall be for years to come, aye? Aye.

@Rosendorn --> The most atomic unicorn. Right now, don't you dare forget it.

@soundofmind --> You are so insanely talented and you keep taking me by surprise like whaaaaaaaaa-- You're funny and quick to action when you have time and always enthusiastic, and I love that about you. I hope we grow closer in '18. You rocccccck.

@Omnom --> You came here for a shout-out, but all you got was a lousy tee-shirt.

@Ventomology --> We just started getting to know one another, but I gotta say that you're one chill California roll. From Pokemon to plotting to characterization, I still have a lot I want to pick your brain about, and I have no doubts that I'll be amazed and enthralled. Stick around, yeah?

@Tortwag --> UFO Commander, we are the futah. We're gonna take you to the futah. Then we're gonna get to the futah / where everyone talks like they're from the futah!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

i survived another year
Hallelujah it's a Christmas miracle

First off - a big thank you to all of you who've ever interacted with me for putting up with me. *clears throat* PHEW, now that that's out of the way...

This year I did NAPO semi-successfully and I'm excited to do it again in 2018 and hopefully do it better than the last two years prior. This year I was also granted to be an FM, and not long after, was offered the opportunity to become a junior mod (thank you so much, @Iggy), and I got to be a part of the SB crew. My heart is full. I have few words to fully express the extent of my gratitude, but I'll try my best to do all of you at least a fraction of justice. I will likely forget half of the things I would've wanted to say, which I will probably tell you at some point anyway, and if I miss anyone, it's probably because I'm a butt and not because you're not memorable. I love you all. So many of you have blessed me this past year.

@Wolfical You have been a constant support - you're always encouraging me about my characters and my art, and engaging with it via comments and conversation. It means so much to me that you're genuinely interested. Thank you so so much. You are such a pleasant person and provide such a relaxing presence on the site. You're level headed and a real team player and I've had so much fun doing those little collabs for SB's we've been in! You're just really fun and I hope to get to know you even more in this next year. <3

@Persistence You are a true jokester, my friend, (and have made me laugh many a time) but one of the things I love about you is that you're genuine and you don't hide your true self. You're sincere and honest, and a real quality guy. I love your youtube videos and that you were able to share them with me, and I love your creativity. I honestly feel like you deserve better than me, though, since I'm so lousy at getting back to you. I'm sorry, man. I'll try to do better.

@saentiel Instead of running the "you're a beaming encouraging light of positivity" (which you are) truth into the ground here's a few things I love about you, m8. You're full of ideas, and you share them. Your creativity seems to have no end, and when you start a project, I love to see your determination expressed through posting updates on how it's going. I think that's really respectable that you put yourself out there - posting in a way to keep yourself accountable to us but also so we can cheer you on in it!

@falconergal9086 OKAY, we have had some MADLY fun and entertaining times roleplaying together, and dare I say you've been one of the most enjoyable and agreeable people to write with. I love Tasha, and I love you. You are such an encourager and you're such a mom - you're caring and kind and attentive. And when writing you've got amazing ideas and thank you so much for putting up with my uncreative idea-less self all the time. Thank you for letting James into your world and thank you for writing with me! Thank you for joining Outlands and being a driving force behind it! Thank youuuuu!!

@SacredPen Dude okay, it has been so fun to write with you in the rp discord. Thank you for letting Bo be a part of Iolas's story and thank you for being patient with me in my slowness and my constant cloud of confusion! You are a brilliant storyteller and I love that you are always striving to be a better writer and that you a conscientious and intentional to be so!

@sheytato Thank you for your never-ending supply of sarcasm and for your faithfulness to the SB fam, my man. You're a real trooper.

@Hattable and @Marms You guys are are so enjoyable! Hatt, I love your art and your goofy humor and that you're real, man. You're both really chill and I loved getting to hang with you in wfps or on insta or whatever it may be. It was fun to get to know you guys better and just talk. Thank you marms for always being so supportive and kind to me and thank you for your beautiful poetry. You're both a gift.

@Lumi Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for Mana. I know I already told you a bunch of stuff but forreal, thank you.

@LittleLee I love that you always seem to notice my inactivity, haha. DON'T WORRY BOUT ME, M8. I WILL SURVIVE!!

@Sonder Okay I don't even... know where to start???? You???? Support my music???? You're??? An amazing artist????? You?????? Helped me with some of my book despite it's ABHORRENT cringy-ness?? You????????? Are always so nice????? Thank you????? SO!! SO!!! MUCH!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN I EVER REPAY YOU I AM FOREVER INDEBTED TO YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS

@BlueAfrica THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMISSIONING ME AND I AM SO HAPPY YOU LIKE THE THINGS U GOT

@Arcticus I love your raps, and your spoken word and poetry stuff. You are such a cool dude... like, seriously. Your poetry is amazing

@Lael OMg!! I love writing with you!! In SB's and in rp's! You always deliver excellent scenes and characters and you are a great encouragement as a fellow sister in Christ and I always love your posts on your wall w/stuff you're learning about God or songs about him that are encouraging you. <3

@omnom Thanks for like... remembering me??? And saying hi from time to time and just being an overall nice dude

@veeren You're just a really cool bro and I'm always happy when u comment on my wall and stuff?? Idk just thanks m8, I appreci8 it

@AllisontheWriter You have been a very present encouragement for my music and I have so enjoyed getting to see you in my sb, the Outlands, and writing with you in the Nightwatch one as well. You're a brilliant writer and I love your characters.

and lastly

@sherlockhson keep it lit, fam

BUT FORREAL, sherlock, we go way back. WayYyYYY back. Back into SPACE. And I'm so glad you stepped into my little yws world and joined Outlands despite all of your doubts and being unsure and all. You've come a long way, sherlockH *hacks*

AND YEAH THAT'S ALL FOR NOW FOLKS
Last edited by soundofmind on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:07 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Man, I haven't done the end-of-year festivities in a while. This year has been my return to a lot of things.

First, my bros: @BrumalHunter, @TheSilverFox, and @Tortwag

You guys are so special. I've had the privilege of competing against all of you in the Last-Man-Standing competition, and exchanging reviews over the long months we spent struggling to meet the weekly word count. You guys have been my teammates in some pretty huge SBs, and a constant source of inspiration, idea-bouncing, and scintillating debate.

Hunter, thanks for inviting me to Pokebook VI and introducing me to a whole group of new friends. Thanks for guiding me towards my (thus far, vain) attempt to help PMD get back up to speed, and thanks for putting up with my constant babble about reviewing Conics and Blessed Are the People. You really should read Fox's novel. It seems right up your alley.

Fox, it's been so much fun getting to know you better this year past year. From playing the same games to discussing our LMS novels to talking college, it seems like we have so much in common, and I'm kind of ashamed that I wasn't as friendly back when PMD was most active. We missed out on being pals for an extra year.

Tort, thanks for being such an enabler. I don't know how much of our scheming will find a foothold, but brain-storming with you is so fun and so so rewarding. And even when we get a little off-topic, it's still such an honor to get to share culture and food and experiences with you. Best of luck with game design!

@BlueAfrica, thanks a million times for keeping up with Conics! Every time I see Chosen Grandma pop up on my review recommendation I tell myself to just catch up and start reviewing back, and I promise I'll get there asap. I just need to get through all the other reading I have too.

@Lumi, I've always wanted to be part of one of your SBs. Thanks for allowing me to join the honorable ranks of Pokebook! We haven't worked together much yet, but given how it's been so far, I think we can look forward to some pretty solid teamwork.

@Sheytato, first of all, you tricked me. Second, it's been fabulous meeting you and working with you. I know our characters are teaming up for the next chapter of Pokebook, so I look forward to a year of memes and super epic battles.

@Saentiel, I know we don't talk much, but I scrolled down my page to remind myself who to thank, and you're there like all the time. Thanks for being there on all the birthdays, YWS and otherwise!

And finally, @EnderFlash, thanks for being a part of LMS with me twice in a row! No matter what your goals are, never give up on reaching for them. I'll be there to review and cheer you on.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope to meet and reconnect with a lot more of you in 2018!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:43 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Dracula was here.

Spoiler! :
It was a messy year. Secrets were spilled and floodgates were opened, there were many challenges, and time was wasted. But as the year closes, the gates to revival and redemption have swung open, and I will walk through them with my shoulders back.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:04 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Finally getting around to writing this thing! I won't waste time talking about myself. Let's get to the meat of this thing.

@Lumi first. I want to thank you, for inviting to another pokebook, and making me feel welcome. It's crazy, but I may have never met such great people without that one invitation. I've had so much fun writing with you this year, and I look forward to having much more in the year to come.

@Omnom Likewise, I want to thank you for inviting me to participate in Fireheart. I've had so much fun writing for both Fireheart and SM and Nightwatch, and believe it or not, I really like your style of DMing. ;) Thanks so much for the memories, and I'm looking forward to our next year of working on more projects together.

@ScarlettFire I've loved working with you. You're a wonderful person, and a wonderful writer, and you have a very adorable cat. That last part isn't relevant, but I needed to say it. The stories you create and magnificent, and I'm truly glad to be writing with you.

@TheSilverFox I end up chatting with you quite a bit, yet I don't know you very well. That's lamentable. However, I can say I know your writing very well, and it's so absorbing. You're a very talented writer, I won't lie. Our silly conversations about silly things like Connecticut and Idaho and stuff are great. Here's to another great year!

@Ventomology Again, I don't know you very well, but what I've seen is a great personality for a great person. (Is that redundant?) And your writing is wonderful. Despite it being short, I had a ton of fun writing Alexis and Peony together, and I look forward to future collaborations. :)

@soundofmind I couldn't possibly forget such a wonderful person! You're in so many storybooks with me, and you truly liven any cast. I honestly think you to be a necessity in any successful storybook. Keep up the great work, because you're doing wonderful!

@Tortwag I got to know some you this year, and I'm well aware that there's much more to you that I've yet to meet. But I really appreciate everything you've done for me, and I can say without doubt that you're one of the greatest people I've ever met and become friends with. Thank you for being patient with me, and not tearing my ignorant head off. XD Thank you for everything, really. I look forward to another year writing and talking with you. :)

@BrumalHunter I had to save you for last. I basically met you just at the beginning of 2017, but in the one short year we've know each other, I have gotten to become very close with you. It means so much to me, everything you've done. It's important to have at least someone you feel you can talk to when need be, and I definitely feel that way about you. It's been one heck of a year, and I'm really glad to have someone like you with me as we went through it. You might not have been realized just how much of a supporting figure you've been to me, but I honestly don't know if I could have made it through the year without you. You have forever changed my heart, and my life. So for that, thank you. I really don't deserve such a great friend, but somehow I ended up with one. Thank you for everything. <3

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 pm
Que says...

~spot~
Parlez-vous français?

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief