Young Writers Society

The YWS 2014 Yearbook!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:23 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

You may post anything you like: shout-outs to specific people, stories or poems you really liked, what you read this year, pictures, favorite quote, etc. However, you may make only one post! Although you can edit that one post as much as you like.

Grab your spots, sit back, and enjoy the memories <3 What an amazing year, everyone! And to those who are new with us, join in! You will look back upon it next year and smile.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:23 am
View Likes
Lava says...

I would like to begin by thanking @Iggy for she who is awesome enough to let me claim the first spot.

/sits\
I'm going to do the whole name-tagging she bang this year. Because why not?!

I love you guys! Enspoilered and in progress.
Spoiler! :
@PenguinAttack, @Demeter, @StellaThomas, @Meshugenah, @Sachiko, @Rydia : Thnak you lovely ladies for all the things which can be summed up in these gifs (did I mention I love sending gifs now?
@Meshugenah - eww, it's a Mesh. I'd be thankful to her, but not really because I haven't met her.
@Rydia - I feel so honoured to have upset you enough for my own shiny stinky art.
@Dreamy, @dutifulwriter - girl you are just way awesome. We must meet. And share stories over a cup of tea. Or chaat. <3
@manisha - I'm hoping to meet those girls above; and I wish I could meet you too.
@Meep(: - You are awesome and I love seeing you and GENUS and all the good things.
@MiaParamore - Much love shrub, much love. xoxo
@Audy - Odds. <3 You deserve all the loves.
@niteowl - I love seeing you talk PhD and it always perturbs my should I do it or not. Good luck!
And all you lovely folks I talk to - here's wishing you all the best. For your literary experiments and general chat banter. For six years (and counting) of something lovely. I miss a whole lot of you who've moved onto other things, but it's been great knowing you guys. Thanks for being around on YWS and that's made me realize just how awesome and tangible the YWS community is:
@Marc
@Shoaib
@Birkhoff
@Iggy
@carbonCore
@Master_Yoda
@Juniper
@GeeLyria
@Unconsoled
@Pompadour
@fortis
@SparktoFlame
@Sadhana
@Santa C - you rock my socks. YO HOLLA SANTA
@BenFranks
@Shearwater
@ancientforever
@ChocoCookie
@TwistedMuffins
@Nate

Some good things and not so good things this year. Looking forward to a better world and experiences.
Much love as always,
I promise to get my last blue star.
Last edited by Lava on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:24 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

*slams down lawn chair and tans whilst she contemplates who she wants to mention...*

When I made this thread, I was immediately ready to write up my entry. There's so many people... this would be easy. It's not. I've been staring at this empty text box for a good five minutes now.

It's funny, how quickly time can go by. I looked back at my 2013 yearbook entry and felt a twist in my stomach. People who were important to me then aren't as important to me now. And people who I've grown to love this past year weren't mentioned at all. It's astonishing and frightening, how quickly things can change in a year.

I was afraid. I am afraid. I don't want to look back on this entry and feel sad as I read it, because I know nothing is set in stone. What I write today won't mean anything tomorrow. But then again... memories are a beautiful thing. You don't realize how wonderful it is, to have such fond memories of something, until you lose them.

I don't know what it's like to lose my memory. I don't want to know what it's like to lose my memory. I want to remember it all -- all the happy times, the sad times, the tears, the laughs. Every second spent on this site, and every second spent with someone I met from this site, is something to treasure. It's something to appreciate. To be thankful for. And it more than deserves to be documented.

@PenguinAttack is a good example. Last year, at this time, I hardly knew you. And then by April... we were the best of friends. Remember cheering each other on for Napo, Peng? Crazy... five months was all it took. Now we're pretty close, even if we don't get to talk that often. You continue to amaze me with how you can put up with me. I remember thinking you were this big, scary lady for the longest time, then I finally worked up the guts to say hi and realized you were a big ol' teddy bear. <3

You're a blessing and I am astonished at how lucky I am whenever we're chatting and having all the laughs. Thank you for coming into my life.

@Carina will always be considered my YWS bff, even if she never has time for me anymore (*tear*). You always make me happy whenever we can talk, Carry. Our late-night conversations, our weird singing competitions, our horrid Snapchat selfies sent for each other's eyes only... you're the funniest person I know, and the kindest. You understand me, my weirdness and my emotional ups and downs and my obsession with food. You are a wonderful person. Thank you for coming into my life.

@veerenvks is still an idiot, but still my friend. We've had our ups and downs, but I won't ever forget the laughs and the tears, the smiles and the memories. You and I can insult each other for hours straight and walk away knowing that the other didn't mean most any of what they said. I like how I can randomly text you and you take forever to text back. And our conversations with carry are always the best. Especially when I was at the movies that one time and you guys + Voxer blew up my phone. True friendship right there... Thank you for coming into my life.

@carbonCore once reviewed a work of mine (I think you all have heard this story at least once) and made me cry and loathe my writing. But then, I did the smart thing to do when you get a harsh review. I walked away, cooled off, and came back with fresh eyes. I saw that he wasn't intending to be harsh; he was honest. And I realized how much I valued that. So much that I incorporated that into my future reviews. He showed me where I went wrong and what I did right. He helped me improve.

Since then, I've asked him for a review here and there. He's become one of my closest friends and I know I can always go to him if I need someone. He's always there, whether it's YWS trouble, boy trouble, real-life drama, rants, or when another harsh review made me break down. You can't imagine how much that means to me, cC. I can't even form the words to explain that. It just means so much. Thank you for coming into my life.

@Alpha has always been there, since day one... literally. First person to post on my wall, yet it took a good year and a half for us to become friends. I got lucky. She's a beautiful person; always so full of energy. Bright, happy, spirited. Wonderful. She listens to me and actually asks me what's wrong when I'm upset, and that will always mean a lot to me. You are beautiful, Mai. Thank you for coming into my life.

@sparktoflame and I, we've had a couple disagreements. A few fights, even. And it was terrible. But that's the thing about friendship -- no two people are completely perfect together. And that's us. We disagree on many things. But at the end of the day, she loves me and I love her. She is the brightest spark I've ever seen; the heart of the site. Her energy is astonishing and every day, I wish I was as brilliant as her. All of your ideas, Pey... and your poems... you're amazing. And a wonderful friend. And I'm sorry I am a bad friend sometimes. I'm sorry I'm not there for you when you need someone. You deserve more than that and you know what? That's gonna change, and it's gonna change now. If you need me, I'll be there. Always. Because you're honestly one of the biggest blessing I've ever had and I don't know how I'd survive without you. Thank you for coming into my life.

@Blues continues to amaze me. There are no words for how much I love you, Ahmad. Our text messages are probably the best conversations I ever have. I'm always laughing after a while. And your accent, and the awfully funny pictures I have of you (blackmail), and your little brother, and your personality... Gah. There's just too many good memories of us. Remember the struggle we had, of me being at school and you being at home and us trying to squeeze some time in to Skype? Good times... I ditched my friends just for you. You should feel special. :P But it's alright. I love being able to talk to you, even when you're eight (seven? freaking day-light saving times..) hours ahead of me. It's a struggle, but well worth the outcome. You're my best friend. Thank you for coming into my life.

@Clarity, @ArcticMonkey, and @Auxiira, plus Pey, Mai, and Ahmad, continue to make me completely happy. The Mean Girls wouldn't be the same without all of us. I think back to last year, to the endless Skype logs and conversations (majority of which, I was the only one in class at the time -.-) and how I'm always missing the group calls.. you'd think it would make me mad. You'd think I'd hate it and feel left out, but honestly, it doesn't. In fact, if I open Skype and there's no unread chat logs, I feel weirded out. It's strange. The endless chatter, the gossip, the laughter, the jokes, the insults, the inappropriate chats... I live for it. I'm lucky I have all of you. Thank you for coming into my life.

@Vasticity used to be this big, terrifying dude, and now he's like my best bud. I don't know what I did, but he actually tolerates me, which always makes me happy. We have a habit of slipping off to the normal side of chat whenever chat takes a turn down crazy lane. We rant and gossip discuss things about the site whenever we get a chance to, and it's great. You're great, Holmes. There have been times when I've come into chat, lonely and upset and headed for a bad night, and you turn it around and make me smile. And that means more than you know. Thank you for coming into my life.

@Lava, @Rydia, @TimmyJake, @Deanie, @Noelle, @Aley, @Audy, @jameshunt, @Meshugenah, @Snoink, @Lumi, @megsug, @reisepiecey, @rosey%20unicorn, @elinor%20brynn, @ShadowVyper, @omniclysm, @Demeter, @niteowl, @CowLogic, @ravenmoonstone, @thewriter13, @ancientforever, @magpie, @Lauren2010, @ariaadams, @Hannah, @Blackwood, @ScarlettFire, @OliveDreams, @blueafrica, @fortis, @skins, @KnightTeen, @JabberHut, @Mickixoxo, @AlfredSymon, @Charlie II, @StellaThomas, @AfterTheStorm, @Adnamarine, @Isha, @MiaParamore, @GeeLyria, @Sachiko, @Gravity, @Nate, @ThereseCricket, @Snoink... you're all important. Some of you, I talk to all the time. Some of you, I don't. And that's okay, because you're all my friends, and sometimes, friends don't talk every day. You all make every day on this site a wonderful experience. Thank you all for coming into my life.

No words can express how much this site, and all of you, mean to me. It truly is my home and I hope I can stick around for a few more years. Thank you all for all that you've given me, and for coming into my life. I hope I continue to play my cards right, because my life wouldn't be the same if any one of you left. You're all my world.

Thank you.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:51 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Merry whatever and happy new year.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:51 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Oh hey fourth post claim
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:06 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

*nabs*

This is a work in progress, and will stay spoilered until done ^^ Or I'll leave it, whichever ;)

Spoiler! :
To the phone blower-uppers: @Rydia, @PenguinAttack, @StellaThomas, @Sachiko, @Lava, @Demeter, @Lauren2010, as well as @Audy and @Juniper. You lot make me laugh far more than is probably healthy, and at semi-ridiculous times of day/night.

@beckiw and @JabberHut I MISS YR FACE (S. COLLECTIVELY. Yeah)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:22 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

*lays on spot*

So, I just want to thank pretty much all of YWS for being there. You guys are awesome. I kept forgetting to come back and finish these posts, so I'm here now.

Special mentions for @Lumi, @GeeLyria, @ancientforever, @Isha <3, @CelticaNoir, @indefinitelydone, @Nate (because he made YWS), @PenguinAttack, and everyone else. You know who you are. I can't name you all because this list would be huge. Just know I <3 each and every one of you for all the things you may or may not remember. XD

<3

~Scarli. Enjoy and whatnot.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:44 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

MINE.

Also added the link to the 2013 yearbook. Admittedly I initially put it the wrong side of 2014 but who's keeping track? :)

Alright so this year I'm not going to do individual shout outs but I wanted to say that I love how YWS continues to go from strength to strength. We've made it to a decade of helping young people to develop their writing skills and that's really impressive!

The longer YWS is here, the more I think about how this community bleeds into our adult lives and I think of authors like Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett who are friends and host writing meets together and I wonder what a larger group of writing buddies might lead to, particularly a group which will have people who achieved that dream right alongside those who maybe took a longer road or who achieved it in smaller parts.

It feels like if even one of us makes it onto the list of greats, we'll all still have that sense of being connected and it will be great to think 'Oh yeah, I reviewed his story back in 2012 and told him it sucked'.

Anyway, these are the idle thoughts of a 24 year old but here's to another fantastic year!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:08 am
Demeter says...

Meeee!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:13 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Aww, Rydia got the seventh! Oh well. *ponders the age-old question: what to post?*

EDIT: And Demeter got the eighth - drat!

EDIT: Yay, I'm one of the pictures!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:48 am
View Likes
Alpha says...

-marks territory -

Alrighty, let's do this. I did that thing where I looked at my post on the 2013 Yearbook. Although I initially thought 2014 was pretty much the same as its predecessor: busy with college, and always having that nagging guilt that I'm not writing. Didn't feel that way this year - especially the past few months (joining a Storybook helped!) as well as blogging now and then on other platforms. Now, I'm nowhere near as active on here as I should be, and I promise that will change.

That said, there have been people here who made this year special. You guys deserve a special mention and some text~

@Iggy Wifey. <3 I seriously can't do what you mean to me justice in this post. You're one of my best friends on this site, and even though we're like 12 hours apart now (sadface), I'm glad we find time to talk. You're amazing, gorgeous, passionate, hard-working (all the things you do just amazes me) and caring. AND WE REALLY DON'T SKYPE ENOUGH. ;-; But yes, thank you for being my friend and I love you weirdo <333

@BiscuitsBatchAvoy Guurl. We've only known each other for what, three months? We've had many a fun conversation, especially in the magic group, and I think you're pretty rockin'. (even though I still don't understand your accent sometimes </3) <-- we can work on that. xD I like how you think, and I always enjoy talking to you about things. Stay awesome.

@Blues HI. My sharmoot and the little brother I never had :3 (I have two brothers in fact but I didn't have them) BUT ANYWAY Blues thank you for being the glue that holds me together. I'm thankful to have you in my life because you're just amazing. Have a kuss heart. <3

And the begs: @Clarity My moochacha no matter what. I miss you. Your poetry is wonderful. And you're a wonderful person, outside and in. @Auxiira COME BACK TO US. @ArcticMonkey Beg. c: (ilu, Tams.) @SparkToFlame Tiny dancer by day, superwoman by night. c: I love you all, and I can't tell you how much I'm grateful to have you in my life.

@holofernes I like you. And uh thank you for *cough* *drumroll* 1) musix 2) magiq 3) the SB 4) those critiques you gave me loooong ago which I still incorporate into my writing 5) fun/serious conversations 6) dark humor :') 7) just being so damn smart and yes, I know I'm studying physics but that's a different kind of smart (I suck at it anyway) and I really like your kind c: I swear I'll get that post in

@carbonCore can i have your babies? I'll steal a line from a book: "Many waters..." c:

@fortis r u wut u were?

@RavenMoonStone you're awesome

@AncientForever sorrynotsorry for sending the points c: ilu

@Audy come back D:

@EscaSkye just saying but your art is amazing

@AriaAdams yours too

@Draknghar YOU TOO

(so many talented artists here wow)

@Lumi and @Pompadour - your poetry is my favorite on this site. You two are just ahhh.

@VeerenVKS STAY JANITOR-ESQUE

@Birkhoff stop talking to me jeez

@Vasticity and @Autumns <3

@kingofeli WHERE ARE YOU????

@Pamplemousse *snugs*

@TommySneak @CowLogic Suuup.

Okay I'll stop here because I'm running on two hours of sleep hehe and if I haven't mentioned you it's because I probably hate you have forgotten. x)

AAAAND I'M OUT.

Last edited by Alpha on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

*places armchair on her spot, with Mrs Norris to keep guard*

*chases Mrs Norris away with a broom*

So, I'm still kind of wondering where 2013 left me, stranded at the end of 2014. It's becoming hard to draw a line between the beginnings and endings of years, but I suppose it's just a sign that I'm growing old. ;)

Wow, it's almost 2015. I've been putting this off for a long time, and even as I write this it's 11:30 pm. Scratch that, it's past twelve now. Greetings from 2015! I guess I'm just one of those weirdos who can't put emotion into words the right way; it's never clean-cut, never as precise as I want it. But, even so, I know just how intensely attached I've become to YWS, so much that it's scary; and I will be here for you to annoy, talk to, rant to, or just be lazy-crazy with whenever and where'er. I owl you all, you ilus.

I could tell you the long and boring story of how my web-traipsing led me to YWS, or perhaps of the eight times I was mistaken for a guy, or my young Pompadour days; but instead, I'm just going to leave 2014 behind. I'll talk about it, with a stirring of emotions, perhaps look back at the memories I've made ever so often. But there's a space of white in front of me that I must now fill up, so I will spare you the pain and move on. Consider yourself lucky.

Whoa, I'm already in the soppy-zone. I guess I'll just start with my making-people-happy mission. So... *drumroll* mentions!

@GoldFlame You are an amazing person and an amazing writer. Do not forget this. You're probably one of the people I consider my very, very good friends on YWS, even if I bail on the Pad so often and disappear when I shouldn't. <3 You're bright-eyed and always fun to talk to, especially about all those weird philosophies that I spew, and have probably taught me more about the grammary things than anyone has ever managed to. Those four o'clock adventurings and the crazy chats will always be remembered. You're an integral part of YWS; people look up to you. If you forget this, dummy, I will turn you into a cheese puff. Forgive my soppiness; thank you for all that you do, and here's to more conversations in the future. *clinks glass*

@TimmyJake I don't like you; you never taught me to ride a bike. Go away, Fido.

Spoiler! :
In all honesty, you're an idiot and I am very lucky to have you as a friend. <33 Thank you for bearing with me when I'm weird, or cranky, or stupid. You're always fun to talk to, always up for test-reading anything I write, and possibly one of the first actual friends on YWS that I've had. I remember bumping into you on Randomosity. God, that was awful; it's all Randomosity's fault I got stuck with you talking to me on chat ... and me talking back. :P I was pretty immature then, and still am now, but I doubt you remember that so I won't remind you. Have a happy new year! You'd better teach me how to ride that bike.

@Flite Subbyyy. I don't think we really talked-talked before I started hanging out in the Lounge more often, oui? You're really fun and although I'm short on words right now, I'm always surprised by how similar yet how different we are. You're always around, reviewing, modding, or being in chat. Thank you for being my friend. <3 Do you remember that time we went poeting? It was very brief, but I remember. XD You have fantastic imagery, by the ways. Has I ever told you?

@Deanie Beaaanieee, we haven't talked in, like, a millennium! Actually, it's been more like a month, really. :P I need to stop being a late-replier! You're always so cheery and I always enjoy stalking reading your blog. Also, talking books with you is always fun, although I can get a bit ... er ... excited, at times. Thank you for all that you do for YWS, you amazing moderator, you. Stay awesome! <3

@RavenMoonStone We don't talk much besides in Chat, but you're an absolute dear. You're like a younger sister; you've seen me at my craziest in chat and survived; and you're just an awesome person in general. Have a waffle heart. <#

@fortis We don't talk much. We should. Your poetry is amazing and you are amazinger. All hail the phage sage! Also, you're like really nice. But is it just me, or is that phage plotting something? *squints suspiciously*

@VeerenVKS Your wall is so cluttered, it's funny. You're kind of ridiculous in a good way, I guess, and yes, we should talk more. XD

Wow, it's late; it also appears as though my vocabulary has been reduced to 'amesome'--pardon me: 'awesome.' More shout-outs and then bed.

@AlexSushiDog Susheeehh; you were one of them Randomosity folks I got acquainted with back in 2013. You're weird. And obsessed with zombies/deers. And also a Cucumber. (Kidding, I know it's Cumbrian. don't kill me.) Stay the same, I guess, and get on chat more often!

@ancientforever I owl you, ancillary. Just so you know. XD You're a lot of fun and generally just nice and a lovely person. Please don't change your name without warning. I will get my stick. <3

@Silverlock We only talked a couple of times, I think, but both times I will remember for as long as my memory remembers me. I can talk Horowitz with you and you're a fellow Muslim; it just makes me so happy to converse with you. Come back soon. <3 You are missed.

@Dutiful Hop on chat someday and we'll talk chocolate to our heart's content. We had some wall-to-wall talks and a couple of chat moments; you're also very close to my timezone so keeeep me companyyy. XD

I'm steadily running out of words now, so let's just pretend that all this emoshun is a finely written piece of awesomeness and continue through this, shall we? For all of you lovelies I'm clumping together, please don't bring out the pitchforks.

@Thewriter13 You're baaarely ever on. But it's okay. <3 Big Blue misses you. Ping me when you're on and we shall talk of Rudy and other things.

@TakeThatYouFiend We don't talk much anymore, but you're one of those folks I remember from my early days on YWS. Also those spam wars. We must re-enact those someday!

@Messenger COOKIE SPAMMERS UNITE! I'm so glad you've come back; please stay and give me cookies. :3

@ForgottenMemories <# Como estas, amigo? Yes, that is the only Spanish I know. We should talk more often.

Now, because I'm in danger of falling asleep on my keyboard, I'm going to mention all you folks who are especial in one way or another in one go:

@Alpha @Nightcrawler @Lava @Autumns @Dreamy @Skydreamer @manisha @Sunshine1113 @GeeLyria (<3) @Noelle @Wolfare1 @ScarlettFire @Cheetah @ddman18 @Satira @Zhia @Iggy (I always think igloos when I see your name, seriously. <3) @MrIGL (How could I not?! XD) @Aley (<3 Thank you for always being there.) @Rosey%20Unicorn @AstralHunter @Lauren2010 @Nate (who probably gets tired of the so many mentions--how many mentions do you get, Nate?--every day.)

Oh, and @Blackwood also, I suppose. Your drawings are brilliant, and you're an okay writer, I guess. Also I wrote this when I should have been writing something else *you know what*, oops.

Now, I'm thinking I'll go to bed. Don't want to start the new year with a blistering headache. >.> G'night, folks--have a wonderful new year and actually get some work done instead of lounging about lazily. If I've forgotten you, don't blame me. I'm old and in desperate need of a cane, 'fter all.

This is the last time I shall do a yearbook post. This thing is tiring.

Warning: Don't swallow these fireworks.

EDIT: Getting rid of typos. >.>
Last edited by Pompadour on Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

*lays down yoga mat* _/\_
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:35 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

Sooo… another year and I am still here.

Sheesh, I don’t like writing these things much. I love doing it, but every time I write a yearbook post it reminds me of all those friends I have made over the years I’ve been here and lost. It reminds me of when I was a 12 year old girl who probably knew next to nothing about writing but stumbled on this site and started writing their four sentence reviews and posted poems about things like chocolate. I’m not joking. I wrote an entire fanfiction novel based off of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

And that reminds me just how much YWS has been part of my life. I have received feedback – negative and positive that has led to my writing today, which I am also sure can still be improved. I started a blog last year and actually improved it and got it somewhere this year. I’ve hit the part of school where things get hard this year. I’ve reached 1000 reviews this year… and then got all my red stars because someone challenged me, even though they may have forgotten. @Iggy. This site just means so much to me, words cannot express. Huggles for everyone <3 Especially you, @Nate, because none of this would be here without you.

Okay, let’s start with people I miss. They still deserve the mentions even if they aren’t around as much anymore. :3

@murtuza – always my big brother. @Adriana who will always be my big sis. And someone who should get onto skype more. @Justagirl, @ChocoCookie, @TwistedMuffins and @LemonyIce who were my first girlfriends on here and nicknamed me Caramel <3 @qaralynn who comes on and off every now and again. Thank you for always being there for me when I need it, on or off this site. I hope you have an awesome time in Russia! @Angelreader77 … our birthday is coming up soon! I miss you, but it’s okay because we talk on facebook all the time xD

Now for the people who are still around. In no particular order, here goes:

@TimmyJake – So we’ve been friends for a year now, and it’s pretty hard to think of things to say. You’re a great friend to me and someone who I can always argue with and know that I won’t be losing you as a friend. I will stick to my Beyonce, and you’ll stick to Josh G, but we can still argue about who is better xD Which is probably the conversation we have most frequently. You’ve reviewed all my works and are the person who knows me most on this site I think. Thanks for being there ^.^ Don’t you dare leave.

@Wolferion – Okay, so you are the member I have known the longest. I think I met you when your username was Kyousuke? Or something like that xD Then Shinda, then another. Even when I left YWS for a little you were always there, calm, to talk to. I hope you get to write this story and you write it in a way that means you don’t have to throw away this draft again :D Maybe a serious person, but someone I can talk my problems over calmly, and someone who I can talk to any day, any time :3

@Anniebauthor – Another person I have practically grown up with on the sight from when we were little teenagers to now. I love RPing with you – you’re basically the only person I do it with. Angeline Lee and Sherry are characters I love <3 I also like talking about everything with you, especially our hobbies. I can tell they’re important to both of us and I know you’re someone who will always listen. Even when I am having a tough time with school and all, and when I’m falling asleep all over our chat conversations you encourage me and help me stay happy. Thanks for that.

@Iggy – Well, you’re an amazing moderator. And someone to look up to on this site. And this year when I was all ready to hand in my green-ness you talked some sense into me. I honestly think I needed that and I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had gone through with it then D:

@ShadowVyper – We need to talk more! You’re always fun and full of student-related stories. And never stop creating new novels, you’re writing is amazing.

@ArcticMonkey – I miss you D: We need to talk more!

@SIlverlock – I appreciate you always asking me about EWS and stopping by when you come online. You may be busy IRL now, but just know we are all waiting for you here when you come back!

@megsug – You are an amazing writer and will definitely be published someday. It just has to happen 

@Fortis – You’re awesome. I love your novel and your poetry. <3

@Skydreamer – You’ve been a good friend of mine for a long time. I am so pleased for you to see you traveling now and heading off to all these fancy places, especially as it is something you have dreamed to do for a long time. You’ve been through your own difficult patches, but you’re always supporting everyone around you and adding to this community. I love how optimistic and energetic you always are, and don’t you ever change. You’re one of the most kind hearted spirits I know ^^

@Auxiira – School has taken you away, but I still know you’re a good friend. You’re descriptions of mouth watering foods you are making for your family and more importantly, not me always make me wish I was trying them myself. Thanks for inspiring my novella. I love our fangirling convos about Sherlock and OUaT (which I need to start watching again.)

@dutifulwriter – I haven’t seen you in a while and I miss you D: In fact, I miss @omnicylsm [I really don't know how to spell that, So just @Aquestioning) @Messenger @cleverclogs @NoirLumiere @maryanne @beeyaay @GoldFlame @rishabh @abolfazl @Nyl @barefootrunner @AngerManagement @dogs (who convinced me to return to YWS) too!

@Utopia – lil sis, welcome to YWS! Glad to have you around. It was also nice to meet you @PickledChrissy

@ChipsMcCoy – I miss our conversations! I think school has stolen us both away, but our conversations about food will never end. And you have the most amazing sense of humor.

@Noelle, thank you for being such a great support to my novel! Your feedback is appreciated so much <3

@Blueafrica – you are awesome in every way. You made me read The Little Prince which was well worth my time, and you always help with my writing. Great to debate to and talk to in general ^^

@Sparktoflame – You always run so many events here, and I enjoy them all. You’re doing a brilliant job with Pawprints and you don’t know how much I love that club.

@Snoink and @Audy – Thanks for all your reviews on my poetry!

@manisha your blog is amazing.

@Carina and @DukeofWonderland – you two are so busy but every time you drop by you stop by and say hello. It always makes me so happy to see your names pop up in my notifications, and when you come we hit it off just where we ended, like you guys never left.

@GeeLyria You made my profile all purdy. Huggles <3

@AngieCandy I miss you so much <3 You have to come online more often and tell me how life is going. Please!

@ThereseCricket – You are a violent creature that should be locked up because you won’t admit that I am the best human being ever, and superior to you in every way, but you are still cool :P And you should kick @Nica’s butt and tell her to get on here more often.

@Birkhoff – Yes, review master, we must review more novels.

@Pompadour - Every time I read your poetry it feeds me to my soul. I love reading it, and you’re an awesome person. Yes, school may keep you busy, but every conversation we share is cherished.

@Soulkana – So we have recently started talking a lot more, and it’s obvious that you are very cool. I don’t know how we were on the same site for ages and didn’t talk a lot more before this. I hope your latest writing idea goes well and that you keep on striving to be a better you. Here’s hoping you can fix your sleeping times 

@D4RKR4VEN – I miss you and get back here, please 

Worthy mentions? (I can’t write messages for everyone but everyone needs love): @AfterTheStorm @Crimsona @FlowerPower @ChangeTheWorld @TheWriter13

I LOVE YOU ALL YWS <3 <3 <3
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 am
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

MAH SPOT! <3

Edit:

Well, I have been in this website for four years and half now. I was actually absent for half 2014... But YWS never fails to make one feel welcome~ And that's something I am grateful for. So... supposedly, I'm a writer. And this always seems to be the time of the year to get poetically cheesy honest and stuff. xD But I have writer's block, so I'll be sincere and to the point: I love you, people and thank you for being great people~ *ahem* Alright. Here are my shout-outs~ (pay no attention to the order. Srsly<3)

To my YWS sisters <3

@bluewaterlily @Piper @qaralynn @MiaParamore

Spoiler! :
Stay beautiful~

------

To those with whom I have grown up in this website:

Spoiler! :
@fortis @Imaginator17 @Aley @SparkToFlame @Blues @Omniclysm @Iggy @carbonCore @Lava @Juniper @PenguinAttack @Meshugenah @Audy @ancientforever @ScarlettFire @Omniclysm @Auxiira @Noelle @Tenyo @CowLogic @manisha @Caerulean @Autumns @ShadowVyper @Deanie @ongoeslife @Unconsoled @Lylas @dragonfphoenix @shiney1 @Angelreader77 @Panda11 @Rurouni

Stay wonderful~

Random Note: Thanks for all the unexpected warm welcome-backs~ Itreallymeantalot<3

------

To the cool kids I have met this year:

Spoiler! :
@TheWriter13 @unknown391625 @AfterTheStorm @Skydreamer @RavenMoonStone @LittleSister @ForgottenMemories @Sunshine1113 @Strangelove @Pompadour @jumpyspot @TimmyJake @ThereseCricket @Nica @PickledChrissy

Stay awesome~

P.S. Feel free to claim your spot if you should be in this list and you aren't. I'm sure I must have forgotten some other great people. xD
Last edited by GeeLyria on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee