z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2014 Yearbook!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:47 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Alright, it's time Wolfie writes one (why didn't I reserve a spot earlier???).

YWS has helped my writing like nothing else. There are so many people to look up to on this site, and so many friends I've made...

@AstralHunter, my Wolf Musketeer friend, you come first because, well, you were the first! You were JamesHunt forever, and I'll probably always think of you as that. :D
All I can really do is thank you. Your reviews are, truly, unlike anyone else's. The things you pick up on never cease to surprise me, like how can the owl be shadowed in the tree when it's nighttime? Who thinks of that? You do, of course.
As I've told you before, I am very impressed with your contributions to the Storybooks. I was sad to see the Hogwarts one dissolve because of all the spells and schedules you had so willingly prepared would ultimately dissolve, too. I always look forward to your entertaining Dragons and Wolf Pack posts, though, and @TheWanderingWizard's Chaos is going to be lots of fun!
Thank you so much for being my very first reviewer and following me all the way in my writing process on YWS. When I think about it, I'm very and truly honored to have you as my best friend on this site.

@Wolfare1, the other Wolf Musketeer! :) The quantity and quality of your reviews are just stunning, especially when it comes to Review Day! It's come to be no surprise to me when I see your name at the top of the rankings.
And of course, there's Syrin! Sam and Carsten and Harrison and Ashley—they're all amazing characters, especially since the revision. And I love your Storybook posts! The phoenix's are particularly amusing.

@Aravis10, gosh, I loved your book like nothing else. I always get excited when there is any reference to Joseph's story at church or an allegory at school! I just love Asenath... That novel affected me a lot!

@r4p17, for like a month you were "Mess' cousin..." But now it's more like Mess is "r4p's cousin!" You're a great contributor to the Storybooks. I need to read some more of your works... @Messenger you're cool too. But you'd be AMAZING if you told me who Kinnard is/continued with Castor's Tale....

@Thewriter13, my S&G, guitar, dachshund, Nancy Drew, church, and writing buddy! I miss you lots... I think everyone does!

@fortis, Wool of the Prince has been such fun to read and review. Shep and his songs are so amazing! And your leaf poems. I love your leaf poems.

@Noelle, your reviews are seriously the best. You might point out one or two nitpicks each time, but otherwise it's all that awesome analysis stuff that the writer appreciates the most. I've tried to model my own reviews after yours.

@RavenLord is Santa, everyone! *ducks as a toy train whizzes by*

@Cynder! My very best in-real-life buddy, and someone I am comfortable sharing everything with. I was so happy when you joined YWS. :)

If I think of someone else, I'll come back to add them to this list! Thank you YWS, and thank you @Nate!

Wolfie says Happy New Year!

John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

I have never done this before and never knew about it till now.

Anyway, a shout out to my siblings, Stori, ongoeslife, Dragonlily, and two others whose usernames I've forgotten, as well as my mother, Koriredbow.

Another one to YWS producers and all the random acquaintances I have met.

I guess I'm done.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:38 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Hey :) I never did a Yearbook post before, so sorry if I'm rusty... Lost made me >.> So yeah.... :)

Well, first and foremost, @lostthoght ! I only started liking/talking to you recently, but you're an awesome person :D Even thought you remind me of Mandy, but she's awesome too :3 I've a feeling that you will soon grow to challenge Rembrant in all things art too! XD And really anything you put your mind to, since you're smartttt ^__^ Now sleeeeeeep! o:

@ SARAHJO Even though we don't talk much, you seem to be really sweet and fun :) I intend to try your world famous ice cream recipe too :D Even though I don't know you much, you
re awesome, and have a great year! ^_^

@Skydreamer You're like my first friend on this site, and it's really cool how we still know each other in spite of the billion things that happened :P Partly because of them I'd guess ;) OHH I KNOW You should totes learn a musical instrument O_O They're fun, and you'd be able to produce tunes to supplement your great singing :D Well, have an awesome year! :)

@CaylleenTheElf I know you're probably too busy slaying monsters to read this, but in case you'll have a free moment, I just wanted to say that you're awesome ^_^ I met you this year, and I don't think I spent as much time talking to anyone else. You're like one of the most awesome people I ever knew ^_^ Have fun! :D

(GAAAH LOST IS NOMMING ME)

Ahem... *shakes off dust* As I was saying...

Last (but not lest!) person I'll mention is @YastikaReads . I only met you yesterday, but you seem awesome :D Even if mysterious '_' Have an awesome year, and hopefully we'll have fun together :D

There are many more peple I feel like I should mention, but I'd be here all day at it, and I'm already afraid this thing will lock on me any moment now o_o I met lots of awesome people on here, and you really contributed towards my experiene this year. A happy new year to everyone! :D

*runs away to evade Lost shooting him for saying he's short*
I was Amareth :)

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Hrm...where to start...

@Messenger Messsssss! Idek where to start. You're so much fun and easy to talk to. I love writing our story and cannot wait for Sam and Ash to meet! I love your writing style and I'm so glad you're back! *hugs*

@Holofernes Thank you for getting me into Magic! I've always wanted to learn to play a trading card game. Exchanging of music has been... interesting. Before I met you, I thought metal = Bring Me The Horizon. The skype group has become one of my favourite places on the internet and I've learned a surprising amount there. Oh, and thanks for all the help with SBs.

@carbonCore You have shown me that not only is it okay for friends to have different opinions on things, it's actually really fun. Whenever I'm sad I think of the glee in your voice when you're planning to fill the battlefield with Elves :P One more thing to say: OOHHHHH VIENNNA!

@Alpha lalpha! I've missed you so much in the Skype group not just because you are so awwwwesome but because sometimes it's nice to have another girl around, even if it's just to roll our eyes and mutter, "Boys..." Also, we should play Magic when you get back. Somehow we have still never played Magic together!

@ddman18 thanks for introducing me to RP! :D

@Buggiedude2340 for asking me to let you know whenever I posted a new chapter of my novel. It meant a lot to know my writing was worth reading.

@RavenMoonStone Rave :) When I first spoke to you, I honestly thought you were at least 18. You are extremely mature and I think you will do really well in your life.

@thewriter13 Tennnnnis Buddddddy! (<-- need I say more :P) Miss you! :)

@Zhia @CuriosityCat @ComicalCrafty @TakeThatYouFiend @cleverclogs @jazzydracula @Sunshine1113 oooh-eeh-oooh! It's always nice to have some Whovians around :P You guys make me feel at home!

@EscaSkye @MarbleToast Thanks for making CoB so fun :) Merc and Elise are awesome!

@ArcticMonkey @Blues @AlexSushiDog @steampowered Brits unite!

@Rosey%20Unicorn for always having a level head and being brilliant at explaining things.

@Pompadour Just cos you're awesome :P

@ancientforever @ScarlettFire @ForgottenMemories @Omnicyclism @Pamplemousse @Strangelove @TommySneak - aka awesome and hilarious skype group :P

I think that's me done...

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:56 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I would like to thank everyone who has taken time to read chapters from my novel. I really appreciate each and every review that I've gotten and every single person who has read them, even if it was only one chapter. I don't have many people in real life that take the time to read my stuff, so I'm gracious for everyone on YWS who has.

So, extra special thanks to: @PrehistoricEchoes @unpublishedperson @r4p17 for sticking with me on all or most of my chapters, no matter how long it took me to post them and no matter how much a chapter needed some work.

Special thanks to: @jazzydracula @GeoCha @EmeraldEyes @KatGirl @TimmyJake @PickledChrissy for reading multiple chapters of mine.

@nadair For your very generous review (it made my day!)

And thanks to everyone else who has read a chapter somewhere along the line. You've all helped me out a bunch and have inspired me. So thank you.

I would also like to thank everyone who has kindly helped me out with advice on the boards and chat rooms with anything and everything I needed help on. I've only been on YWS since July but everyone has been so kind and helpful. So thank you.

Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:58 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

I am relatively new to YWS but I have to say that I have made amazing friends already.

@cupciacia I am honored that you are currently my best YWS friend ever!Thanks for just being there for me and chatting with me.You know and understand me like no other user. You are the best and at the top of my list because you are #1! ILY!

@LogicAndObjections-
Thanks for taking the time to write our story together. You have awesome ideas and I love the meaningful additions that you are bringing to our co-authored work

@steampowered- Keep on writing your amazing long reviews that you write for everyone. I am as happy that you keep quantity(you write a lot of reviews) and quality perfectly balanced. Keep on reviewing.

@Flite- thanks for being there just to talk to you. You're the only friend from the "upper class" of this site but you have been really nice and coached me on writing reviews.Thanks!

@ThereseCricket-thanks for leading our team,Night Furies, into winning and your encouraging PM's that you sent us. You are a truly good leader and overly-active member here. I love to read you reviews!Keep at it!

@JM- I don't know you personally but I really admire and love your writing works.I have been following your book and will follow it until it's done.Hope my reviews help you and keep on writing!

@Chrissy321-thanks for just being able to chat with you and laugh with LOL! You are a great member and you really are just great!

@Wolfare1-you boosted my self-confidence on my avatar, when I wasn't sure if I should use it. Thank you for that,I really needed to be sure of myself.

@TimmyJake-Thanks so much for letting me be a part of the Kickstart Review Team. With that you really fueled my determination of writing reviews!I thank you so much!

@Big Brother-You welcomed me when I was new and thanks so much for just sticking in there and helping new users like me.

@ForgottenMemories- MEM, I don't know what chat would be like without you. I love to chat with you and just generally hang out. You are the best user on chat,one that I am always looking forward to just chatting. You make MEMorable!

Here is a link to my favorite essay of the year: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=117662#c514075

Again Thank you everyone who made me feel welcome. I love you all guys and go YWS!
Last edited by Pretzelstick on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:46 pm
View Likes
steampowered says...

Although I haven't uploaded anything to the site yet (due to general busy-ness I haven't found the time to write) I'd still like to thank the following people:

@Flite - Thank you so much for welcoming me when I first joined this site, and for offering to buddy me. You are awesome! :)

Also thank you to @Burrow @Lucia @Widdershins @r4p17, @ThereseCricket @MRHILL92 and @Iggy for the warm welcomes and offers of help!

@pretzelsnow - Thanks for being so friendly, for chatting to me, for trying to get me inspired and of course for all that reviewing we've been doing together!

@AlexSushiDog @BiscuitsBatchAvoy @Pompadour @RavenMoonStone @DeeDemesne @TiggaBiscuit @RagingLive - and all the other chat regulars who spend long hours talking to me in The Lounge. It's been great fun getting to know you guys!

@JM @Satira @Deanie @fight4whatisright - I really love your imaginative stories and they are an absolute pleasure to read and review. Feel free to tag me if you upload more segments, just in case I miss them. But if I do see them then I will definitely read them! Also thank you to anyone who liked or replied to any of my reviews.

Oh, and one more person I forgot to tag:

Spoiler! :
@gaben There, I did it.
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:10 pm
View Likes
Aet Lindling says...

An extra-special thanks to @Aet Lindling for staying away for the entirety of 2014, thus increasing the quality of the site drastically.

It's ok, no need to thank me. It's just what I do.

also prolly
@Persy @PenguinAttack @Prokaryote @chibibo @Insomnia @freakforchrist
get back to you in 2016 better prepared
dun worry
it's all gun be k

16 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 16

16 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 16

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:09 am
View Likes
RagingLive says...

Wow, this is gonna be hard. I hope I remember to spell everyone's names right!

Let's see, first would be @ForgottenMemories who doesn't tell me a thing and never reads my posts but for some reason I love her anyway.(How long did I go thinking you had dropped off the face of YWS because you didn't tell me you changed your name? And what's this about blonde hair?) :P

@Strange, @Vasticity, @DeeDemesne, and all of the chat regulars I like to pick fight with, you guys are some of the best stress-relievers. Also thanks to @steampowered, @r4p17, @CuriosityCat and @LittleSister as well as all of the others who allow me to give them whacky names in times of near insomnia insanity and me just being plain weird.

Thanks also to @MissHinch and @RockSaltAnddNails for encouragement that always hits close to home. Love you two to pieces!

P.S.
@Emrhea thanks for always sharing you jelly donuts!!!
'Cause your own story, is the safest place you'll ever be
~Echosmith

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 am
View Likes
SushiSashimi333 says...

Okay, because I love this site I'll stay up as late as needed on a school night and write this :)

So I know I haven't been on much, school is poopy like that. But there are some people I'd love to call out for being way too awesome!

@xxxXanthexxx - Dude, when I first started the Welcoming Committee I found your wall and welcomed you, I never thought we would be ask close as we are now. We email almost every day, and I swear, you are just amazing. And let's not forget what a great writer you are! Don't let people get you down, but if you ever feel like you're losing your footing, come back to YWS and we'll be there for you.

@NightCrawler - So you finally revealed you're a girl! XD I remember when I first met your sister and she said you were a guy, then you told me I knew you and I was so confused until you told me you were a girl! Then I was like, YAH I KNOW YOU!!! XD You are such an awesome writer, and we really need to start talking about The Pack again. But right now I'm a little stuck on Devil Touch XD Let's not forget you're funny, pretty, kinda twisted?? and just plain epic. :)

@racket - I wouldn't have realized who Grif was without you! XD We haven't talked in what? A year? I need to get on more, but you're just like your sister, just mini and less twisted XD... at least I hope O.o

@Draknghar - Gosh, I still wanna call you Letiki! I actually never met you until you pressed the wrong name on the chat bar and started talking to me! And I'm glad you did ^^ Honestly, you're so nice to everyone around you, and you're a great artist! I hope everything goes well with college and that you're dreams stay interesting! XD

@Messenger - We haven't talked in ages! Oh my gosh! It's literally been forever!!!! Anyways, you are a wonderful writer, despite all my critiques I think you're really great, I'm just really picky with what I read and what I eat! I'm glad I met you, and hopefully we can talk more over the summer :) Keep up your writing! We MUST have that Powwow XD

@OliveDreams - You have the best taste in books ever!!! I haven't seen you on in a while though, I hope things are going well. If I remember correctly, you were going to have a baby? I figure that's already happened by now, but who knows, my perception of time is whacked. I hope you, your husband, and your baby are doing well! Don't forget about your YWS family! We always want to see what you'll be writing next :D

@Iggy @Lauren2010 - Thank you guys for mentoring me to become a JM! I know I was probably a handful since I stink with technology and stuff. Hopefully I can go back to being a JM soon :)

@Nate @Rydia - What would the site be without you two! And I see Mesh is now also in red! :D Thank you guys so much for #1 making the site and #2 managing it so well. I cannot express how happy I am that this site exists.

@xxFleetingEternity - Probably won't see this, but I feel I should include you anyways. Thank you for trusting me with your past, but you should know I think you're a very kind person. I wish I could meet you in real life and I know Olwen wishes she could too. We miss you, and if you ever have a time where you don't know what to do, email us, or post on your wall and we'll flock there like birds. :) It was amazing meeting you.

@MasterGrieves - I can't remember, did I meet you in 2014 or in 2013??? Either way, we haven't spoken in forever! Last I remember you finished your album! I hope things are going well :) From the Domino Republic to the Lotus, you always did things with a bang XD Hope life is good.

@dragonfphoenix - Thank you for helping me study for my little test! You were a huge help O_O Like, huge help! I remember when I first met you I did a lot of reviewing on here and on Goodreads XD I hope you're still getting lots of reviews despite my absence, knowing you, you probably are. Along with giving a lot of reviews.

@mystogan - So yeah, I'm gonna stop apologizing because I've probably apologized your brains out XD But we should talk again some time, it's been far too long! I hope things are going along well :) Naruto finally ended! I looked at the ending... it was interesting... what did you think? XD

@LadyPurple - I'll never forget you! My mentor and super awesome purple person! Honestly without you I probably wouldn't understand half of the website XD I'd be clicking random links, have thousands of tabs open, and keep asking myself "wonder what this button does?" XD You were so nice and so open, thank you for helping me open myself up to this website, YWS means the world to me despite the fact I can't get on much.

@manisha - Always so enthusiastic! And quite the photographer too :) How's life been treating you? Well I hope! Like many, we haven't spoken in FOREVER! I honestly am running out of things to say, it's a curse, after being gone for so long I can barely remember much of anything about anyone! I've been scrabbling so hard to remember people and what they were good at, and all I can remember when I think of manisha is "It's so FLUFFY!!!!" your avatar is very impressionable XD

So I was a JM, and now I'm not, and I made varsity tennis, and I'm a sophomore in high school. Wow, what a year 2014 was. But I remember staying up very late in the summer just to talk to everyone on here. I believe there was also a world cup or something for reviewing? I know there's a globe trophy but I'm not quite sure what it was for! Anyways, what a wonderful year I was able to spend with all of you! Maybe I'll be on more in the summer! I might get a job though if I'm lucky :D I'll finally be 16 by then! Also, if I forgot anyone, feel free to you know, throw canned meat at my wall, or request a review of me, or anything really.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

~Sushi :D
Sushi

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:16 am
View Likes
erilea says...

So, I've never done a yearbook post, 2014 was my first year. But now, a little late, here comes my first.

I'll start out with my friends. @RavenMoonStone You were a big help to me when I was on this site. You are an amazing friend, even if you don't really talk much with me, and you share my love of Percy Jackson. Thank you for so much!

@KatyaElefant Katya, where should I start? You have also been a huge help to me along with your sister, and you have constantly cheered me up with all those GIFs on your wall (yes, I stalk your wall). :P And, you are a good friend to me.

@CuriosityCat Curiosity---you are an amazing person. You have done everything I need from you, you are funny, nice, awesome...all I could wish for in a friend. You are eternally cheery, which I love, and although being older weighs you down, you somehow still can find the time to get on Young Writers Society. I appreciate that.
@unknown391625 Let's get to the obvious. You're awesome. Absolutely. You have helped me so much, all the help you gave me could fill Tartarus. You have created the banners for so many of my teams (and they're good, too) and you also share my love of Percy Jackson, which immediately makes you my friend. Oh, and you are amazing overall. Thanks a lot. :D

@TimmyJake I know this is cliche. I know I say it a lot. You have helped a LOT and you are king of the awesome of the awesome.

@Iggy I can't get past one thanking post without mentioning this person. Iggy, you helped me so much and you gave me incredible advice when I came to you for help with a mean review. You always are nice to everyone, you help everyone...thank you for a lot of things you do. Oh, and your avatars are amazing.

@r4p17 I almost did a double-take when I realized I forgot you. You have constantly been nice to me even when I refused rudely to join Panda Avatar Revolution, and you're an amazing reviewer. Thanks for everything!

@ThereseCricket Your reviews are so long and helpful. I always benefit so much from taking your advice, and you're always so nice in saying it. I couldn't ask for more from a person on this site---you're always nice and forgiving, funny and cheerful. I'm glad to have you as a friend.

@fallenoutofgrace You really have exceeded my limits of just a friend. You have amazing ideas for stories, and you're always so patient in explaining. I absolutely love reviewing your creative works. You have always been so nice and so good.

Happy Late New Year to everybody I forgot to mention! Thank you so much for making my stay on Young Writers Society enjoyable! :D :) :P :smt001 :smt002
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman