Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 am
Tevatron says...

[REDACTED]

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:33 am
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Okay, I felt the need to place my thoughts and thanks here. I know I haven't been present and I can't guarantee that I will be present in the next year, but I definitely will check in whenever I want to go back and visit home!

I started on this site however many years ago; three, four, five I can't even remember anymore... (okay so it definitely wasn't five, more like three and a half, but the sentiment is still there) but this site became my home very quickly. I couldn't go to any website without checking YWS first and foremost, and then I'd soend hours and hours reading, talking, goofing off, making friends, and no website has felt more like home than this one.

However, I don't know what happened or why or even when, but I began checking this place less and less. Maybe it was when the site changed format and I didn't know how to navigate it anymore. Like, when you go back home after two years of college and suddenly there are new stores and new people and your house has been painted and suddenly it doesn't quite feel like home anymore; maybe it was because I had writers block for a while and I didn't have reason to keep writing for this site and didn't know what to do; maybe it was because some of my best friends drifted from this site as well and I didn't know who to spend my time with anymore ( @xXTheBlackSheepXx I'm talking to you, wherever you are!) but whatever it was, I wish it had never happened.

I remember when I was new, and this site was a discovery, and literally everything here looked completely different. Except the people. The people are just the same. And it really comforts me to know that when I come on here there are people that seem like they'll be here forever. Even if their avatars change (which, surprisingly, hasn't really happened) and even if the colors on their names change from blue to green to dark green to orange and back, I'll always be amazed that I met people like you guys. You guys who comment on words after people poured their souls onto a page and make it even better, you guys who spare time out of your days just to talk when someone needs you, and you guys who I know, even if I leave for months and months, will still remember me when I get back and talk as if I never left. And even if you don't remember me, I sure as hell remember you. Even if it was just a name I saw many times, or if I had long, tiring, crazy conversations with you, I can guarantee I remember you and occasionally I think about you guys in passing and it makes me want to wish I never left and I never missed months and months of conversations I could have had with you guys.

So this is to you guys, wherever you are, if you remember or not, you were all very big parts of my life! @Snoink @Skins @Lava @Daisuki @fireheartedkaratepup @Iggy @Dreamwalker @Twit @BlueAfrica @GeeLyria @Lumi @IcyFlame @ToritheMonster @tinkembell @Azila @Calligraphy @RangerHawk @Jenthura @carbonCore @captain.classy @silentpages @JabberHut @NinjaCookieMonster @AriSkywriter @AdoxagraphyAngelus @GryphonFledgling @creativityrules @fluteluvr77 @Shearwater @EloquentDragon @paperbackheart @xXTheBlackSheepXx

I don't know if I missed anyone, I'm sure I probably did, but if you remember me, then your name was definitely supposed to be there!

Thank you all so much, I can't believe how blessed I was to meet you all.
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:58 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

[my spot]

this is gonna make me cry again...

(note - this might be further edited.)

People I want to thank

@Nate, thanks for making the site. Then to all the mods and cool people, shout out to @SparkToFlame, @ShadowVyper, @Gravity, @Pompadour, @GeeLyria <3, @Blues, @Lumi, @niteowl, @Iggy, @Fortis, @Audy, @Aley, @Lava, @Birkhoff (thanks for the name!) @ScarlettFire, @Clarity, @AriaAdams, @Tenyo, @Flite, @Griffinkeeper, @Snoink, @BlueAfrica <3 and every other mod/cool person out there, you rock!!

People who impacted me

@Deanie - you are such a bright light that will continue to shine. THANK YOU so much for sticking with me through all my silly or interesting ideas that I've had. And helping me whenever I posted my novels or works. I know you put a lot of effort into it, and that you believe in me, and I really appreciate that. And I also know you are a kind soul, a wonderful person, and a great writer! : )

@Autumns - I am so grateful for our little poetry game, I think my poetry has grown since then. You are such an interesting person and brilliant too. It was great getting to know you a bit. Wish we could talk more! I'll probably be sending you a PM sometime to start another game! hehe.

@etherealember - Hey girl. I remember talking to you about my insecurities and my thoughts and you having the best remarks about it. You’re so wise and so kind to me, I remember saying you’re like my sister. And it’s true. You’re my online sister, lol. But for real, I appreciate all the advice, all the talks we had. In fact I miss it. Hopefully we’ll have time to just chat about life again, soon. :)

@Omniclysm - You are so sweet you know that? xD First of all thanks for your yearbook tag. And second of all you’re such a great person. Not only a great person, but a great SBer and I learned from the best. You’ve taught me a lot about SBs and how they work, and how to keep them going. I’m glad we started talking. It was fun how I’d run my story ideas by you and either decide to keep them or throw them away lol, like that one with the Sparklight superhero. (Maybe I’ll make that into a storybook now...?) x) We need to talk more.

People who think they're awesome jk

@VeerenVKS - So, it’s come to this again. Remember the last time I wrote this long sappy message. Well I’ve learned my lesson. xD Just kidding, but I’m gonna keep it short. You’re funny, a good friend, but still a meanie sometimes. And since I’ve been to Europe, NYC is a real possibility. Watch out. Also we really do need to do a convo with Divy.

@Blackwood - Gooooodnesss. When you come to mind there’s a wave of different opinons that flood through me. There have been times when I’ve really been mad at you because I felt like you were being rude. (However that’s probably just how you roll.) But recently when we talked you were so fun. The Blackie I remember and miss so much!! We need to talk more. And I mean really talk, life, probz, all that jazz.

People who are actually awesome

@CowLogic - The title says it all. x) Remember the times that we talked for real? Like when we discussed our lives and stuff? And then remember the times when you asked me to marry you and we went through that path and figured out it wasn't worth it? xD I miss you every time I think about it. I wish I could rewind to those hilarious moments.

@EscaSkye - You’re such a good friend and though we only met recently we’ve grown quite close. I can’t imagine not texting you when something happens to me or when I meet an interesting person or whatever. I’m glad we chatted when we did!

@IamTraunt - You are a lovely person. Really. I’m pretty sure everyone in this site loves you dearly, because you’re just so sweet and kind and lovely. You make friends like bees make honey if that makes sense. lol, it’s just natural instinct for you. Thanks for being awesome.

@megsug - Hey Megs. xD You’re my friend. I quite miss talking with you as much as we used to when we were writing together. Sorry I got stuck with the story and everything, we should start writing again! I know you’re busy and stuff so I understand if it can’t take off right away. Hopefully we can find a time to chit chat soon!

@AlmondEyes - Almy! Is that a good nickname? Ahhhh, I miss youuu. We just started talking recently thanks to SBs that I’ve kind of been slacking at lol, but you’re such a fun person and I’m glad we started chatting! I hope we can catch each other online soon, and fyi I still got more Chinese lessons for you if you’d like them.

@Auxiira - Bae. xD You are one of the best SB writers (and writers in general) and I love our characters in our current story, and I love you! And I'm so glad that we got to work together in that small SB that didn't really take off, because it showed how compatible our characters could be. Especially in complicated romance. lol. <3

@Baesch - You are one of the coolest people I know. And I am sooooooo glad I got to meet you. You know how awkward I can be in person and you're still my friend!! :O xP I can't begin to express how much fun I had in Germany, thanks to you, and how much my mom and I appreciated all you did. You have a beautiful personality and a fabulous style <3. Thanks for all you said to me, I cherish it all. And I'm still missing all the good food. <3 But I'm cooking nowwww!! xD

@Carina - You're such a sweet person and I had to tag you here because in truth you are just so awesome. I hope everything is going well for you and that senior year is a blaaaast. <3

@Dutifulwriter - Hiiiiii. I miss us. We were such coolios. We need to talk more!! I am remembering all our fun and funnny convos, and our serious ones. It was all so awesome. We need to bring it back.

@TheWeather - I mean, what do I say? I'll leave it at Coffee in the Sky. x) It's so fun talking with you!

@ThereseCricket - You're hilarious as well and I'm glad we chat here and there whenever possible. :)

@ChipsMcCoy - You're just as fun to talk to, so glad we started talking!

Extra shout outs to cool peeps

@thewriter13, @Lylas, @Wolfare1, @manisha, @r4p17, @Craz, @MasterGrieves, @EmeraldEyes, @Seraph, @Cailey, @Jadefox, @Messenger, @ChocoCookie, @Alpha @ChangeTheWorld, @KnightTeen, @Joe, @Taxi (still remember you), @indieeloise, @Shadowlight, @Paige (<3), and @SkyeJane.

To that one friend

@Draknghar - You are the most amazing friend ever, and you really got me through some very hard times. It's too bad I take forever to reply when we chat, or I'm always busy it seems, but whenever I get a message from you, I smile. It's so good to know there is one person you can always depend on. Whether we fight or disagree or have completely different ideas or agenda's or whatever, we know that we're always gonna have each others backs. It's why you're my bestie. <3 Love you.
Last edited by Skydreamer on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:10 am
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

This spot is mine. :P

Here we go. I'll edit it once I figure out what else to write.

@RavenMoonStone and @Dreamy
Thank you guys for being the first people who welcomed me to the site! I remember the night I joined and went into the chat room - both of you were really friendly and I received my first YWS nickname, which is Esse (courtesy of Dreamy). Haha, I even recall Raven stalked on my wall for a while there. Also, thank you Dreamy, for being there the night I felt down. Talking to you really helped.

@ThereseCricket
Thanks for always replying to my questions! I kept going to you when I had problems with codes and such. You were even the first one to reply to my "Hello :)" thread.

@Draknghar
Dude, you're really good at coding. Talking to you is a lot of fun, even with our mini debates about random topics like The Walking Dead game. You also 3D model well. Good luck with studies and tutoring! You can do it. I demand that I be able to use that engine you're working on. ;)

@Abhilash007
Hey, Abhil! You're really smart, you know that? You really helped me understand the problems I had in Finance. I could see the inner professor in you! Thanks for being the calm guy I can talk to and at times, my commerce mentor. I hope you do well in work!

@Burrow
Jack, Jack, Jack... you're the guy who helps push me to write, as well as the guy who's fun to talk to! I kind of forgot how we started talking to each other, but I'm glad we did. You have fascinating ideas, man, and you're kind to boot! Continue doing what you love to do. You're a good friend. ;)

@Skydreamer
Sky! You are the closest person to me on YWS. You're amazing, girl. Thank you for being there no matter how grumpy I may be. I love our chats, inside and outside of YWS. I open up about stuff to you and you're always there with an ear to lend. You even put up with my horrible poetry. Always be the awesome person you are. <3

@Soulkana
Soul, you have no idea how in awe I am about your writing skills. I can't believe someone could get so detailed about stuff! The ideas you present are always interesting. Stay awesome, pal.

@BiscuitsBatchAvoy
Biscuits! Thank you so much for helping me out when I'm stuck on what to do for CoB. Without your help, I might take even longer to posts my parts, haha. It's also fun talking with you, Alpha, and Judas late at night. I'm glad that you're one of the people I get to work with.

@Alpha
Alpha, we don't get to talk much, but you somehow always manage to make me smile when we do chat, or whenever I read whatever messages I missed. I remember once, that you even want back into the chat room just to reply to me when I greeted you good night. Good luck with your incoming exams!

@Holofernes
Thank you so much for making CoB. Because of you, I've met amazing people, you included. Thank you for being patient and correcting my mistakes. I always look forward to storybook posts now because of you.

@Holysocks
Hey there, Holy! I think your contest was actually the first one I joined in this site, haha. Anyway, you're a lot of fun to chat with, though those moments we get to talk aren't that often. You have a pretty eye color, by the way!

@Marc, @ScarlettFire, @ancientforever, @Squall, and @Flite
Guys, you're the people who really make me want to go into the chat room. There doesn't really seem to be a dull moment when everyone goes on about a topic. Marc and Scarlett, you both are awesome writers. Ancient, you're an awesome dragonparent! You also seem to know a lot of things. Flite, we actually just talked recently, but you're awesome to talk to; you're also a great artist. Squall, I think of you as a genius, especially when it comes to Math and Physics. I even remember the time when you asked Marc, Scarlett, and I Physics questions as a change of pace over in the chat room.

@Deanie and @Brunnera
Thank you guys for correcting my writing mistakes, no matter how repetitive they may be, and for sticking around. I know I've said this, but my improvement is largely due to both of you. Thank you both so much!

@Nate
If it wasn't for you, YWS wouldn't be here! I wouldn't have been able to meet all these wonderful people had you not taken your time to make this site. Thank you so much for that, also for showing us some of this site's secrets. I broke my previous record and had a score of about 350. :P
Last edited by EscaSkye on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Not anymore.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:41 am
Burrow says...

What exactly is this? and everyone is grapping a spot in something, so I take my spot, and I don't know why...
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:57 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

... I feel like I probably should've grabbed a spot before all the sappiness started. Oh well. Here will do.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:28 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

I had this idea of having the first post on a page, but I figured it's probably better if it's less easy to find, heh.

Also I'm grouping here with Shady in no-sappiness corner, so yay~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:39 pm
Craz says...

~Reserved for later~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:18 pm
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

Gosh, 2014 will be a year to remember. Became a mod. Became retired. Got writer's block. Got glasses. Got teeth jewelry (a euphemism I came up with for braces). But most important of all, I gained the friendship of some of the best and most talented people I've ever known, and I bribed convinced my cousin, @midnightstars, to join, which gave me an excuse to pop on a lot so I could talk with her (stay awesome, bae <33).

I joined YWS last August. You see a lot of new members being really active and reviewing their butts off and welcoming other people in the forums; I wasn't one of those members. I wrote a few halfhearted reviews, posted a story or two, and logged off, not to return until October.

And seriously, I wouldn't be the person I am today without YWS. It isn't just that I finally know what a gerund is, but I'm more mature, comfortable with who I am, and my writing's improved so much. This is to...

@TimmyJake Because you're more dedicated to writing than anyone else I know. I always enjoy reading your works (and you deserve applause for putting up with my nitpicky reviews) and love talking to you in chat. Stay wonderful. <3

@Pompadour You probably didn't know this, but I was ready to leave YWS when you asked if I'd like to co-write a novella with you. It seems like so long ago. I think I was just depressed in general with the low activity I was seeing and my writing was going downhill, anyway, so I figured ... why stay on? (I was a stupid YWSer.) Then you caught me in chat; you gave the offer. My first reaction (after the stunned bit, I mean) was, "Why me?" I was at a really low point in my life and you helped me back up, and I can't thank you enough for that. <3

@midnightstars Team Skins! You're a lovely Rook partner and an amazing chatbuddy. I hope Mr. B stops with the depression talk and treats you like a human being for once, and that you finally get all that dead skin off your toes. (You wouldn't mind saving some for me, would you?)

^How that must look to other people.

@RavenMoonStone My fellow Whovian and Les Miz fan. You're just so fun to talk to and an amazing writer, and I still can't freaking believe you've never seen Les Miz! Steal the disk from the library. Get it off a dead man's body if you have to. Just. Watch. It.

And those who I don't know as well, but would like to get to know better:

@Silverlock Where have you goooone? I miss you. You're a fabulous writer and artist, and I'll never stop thanking you for all the beautiful reviews you've given me. Come back to us!

@Deanie Because I absolutely love reading your writing and reviews. May your bow-tie never be crooked!

@lostthought We never chat anymore, yo! We should change that.

@ThereseCricket Because of our shared Finding Nemo and LOTR obsession. And because you're awesome.

@inspirus Your novel Angeions blew me away. It was a pleasure reviewing it and chatting with you, and I can't wait for the sequel!

@Rosey%20Unicorn For always being there for me. <3

@Magenta Come back! I haven't heard from you in a while.

And more thanks to my constant reviewers @TimmyJake, @Deanie, and @Silverlock.

I'm kind of surprised my computer hasn't frozen up on me already (maybe it wanted me to write this), but I figure I'll go ahead and wrap things up.

I probably forgot some people, and if I did, I am so extraordinarily sorry for that. The computer screen blurs my thoughts a bit and my memory just goes all spaghetti. >.<

Anyway, it's the people that make up YWS and the people I have to thank, and I sound so much like fluff, but YWS has really shaped me into the person I am today, and I wouldn't be the same without it.

Onto 2015! (Finding Dory's coming out, woo!)
Last edited by GoldFlame on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:31 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I'm going to do this all in one shot.

Originally, I wasn't going to input a yearbook post because 2014 was a weird year and feelings and stuff. That said, I realized that this post isn't about me, but rather about the people who affect me daily. So I wrote this for you--all of you--and I hope I say everything correctly.

Okay. In order folks came to mind.

@Rosey%20Unicorn, are you even remotely surprised to be going first? Recently, Scarlett and I talked about how our friends from our early days are mostly gone or catatonic on-site, and the whole thing made me quantify my friendships by start date, some end dates, and the power of reprisal. You've seen some of my brand of crazy and you've seen some of the anger I try to keep down, and you're still here. You're still on my team. Always on my team, and the other night when I was trying to figure this out, I lost the ability to parse information because you astound me that much. I don't know how to say my feelings about you, but the day I do, I hope you'll bring reading material--I think it'll be long.

@SparkToFlame, I have memory issues from time to time, and if I'm completely honest, the person you are now eclipses the pointe2dance I try to remember. You use tempered imagery in your poetry because fire is in your nature. That's just how you are, and it shows all around you. Last night you compared yourself to Alaska Young, and I think you're wrong. You're not a hurricane; you're a wildfire. Remembering this is important because you have to be wise about it. It can be impressive and engrossing, but it is also all-consuming and relentless. I hope you know this about yourself. You impress me. You impress me every day.

@Birkhoff, you're new to this ride, so I'll give you a chance to catch your breath before I drag you under. You're rude and smart and you have an excellent sense of humor. You make me want to try things and spend money, and not even my closest friends can do that. If our servers could connect, I'd shower you with mounts and pointless toys that cost like 40k gold each and I wouldn't regret a bit of it. I think I took to you because of the WoW factor, and I'll explain why someplace else. But yes. This is what I will say about you: even when you told me to watch Alien, and I knew it was a suspense daddy, I wanted to watch through all of it despite my crippling fear of suspense genres. You have this weird gait that makes me okay with change. That's what you need to know.

@Iggy, you come next because my mind works that way. I recently said this in the compliment thread, but you care wholly and completely, and it's the thing I admire most about you. I love your potential in poetry and I think I'm going to ask you to buckle up for my next review because potential that doesn't become something bigger does something to me that I can't stand. I do it only with permission, though.

@Omniclysm, I'm conflicted about what I want to tell you because there are essentially two ways I can take this. The way you care 9001% about what you do reminds me of a lot of great people, but it also scares me because I know from experience how utterly and entirely dangerous caring is. You're one of my newest friends, and I hope you're okay with me taking time to think on this a bit. I know some of your origin story so I know that you are guard-hearted; you have to be--but I want to talk at length about caring without burning yourself. That's what 2015 will be like. Just know that I will always want to swap ideas with you. They're always so good.

@Blackwood, you are my cuddles-kun. You frustrate me lots but I'm always in very severe like of you for one reason or the other. You are a complexity that doesn't beg to be deciphered. That doesn't mean I don't want to understand you more because not understanding you frustrates the hell outta me, but one day I'll get you and I'll know your voice and things will be really chill.

@Sachiko, I really, severely, miss you.

@ScarlettFire, I'm viciously proud of you and your novel. I'm also viciously jealous of your novel because it takes so much of your time that others of us would kill for.

@chibibo, you are my best friend and I would be so much worse off without you. You have made such a huge impact on my life that just seeing your icon on skype makes me feel better about anything that is happening. I don't have enough words for you. Sydney 2017, k? K.

@SuperNintendo, you're my brother. Get over it aand learn to hug me already. I'm v proud of you and what you're making of life. Circumstances will always suck one way or another, but at this point I am well aware that you can fight better than I can.

@Nutty, I will love you always. You always listen when the bad gets bad, and that's something I value more than most anything in the world. Plus, you tell Bloo when I'm in trouble. No one else does that.

@Insomnia, you've seen more crazy than most psych ward orderlies and you're still here. I think 2015 should be The Year Of Mat. I'll get to shower you with presents and spend more time in your time zone because I'll be alone all the time and it'll just be better. Never underestimate what I'd do for you because it verges on the impossible.

Finally, @JabberHut; I'm confident that you'll read this one day. I miss you every single day and I know a thousand others who do the same. The biggest problem with humans, I think, is that we are unable to predict how big of a chasm those that leave will leave. Live long and prosper. <3
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:49 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I'll open this post with a quotation from Peter Pan;

"Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."

Spoiler! :
I know I haven't really been active here. Maybe I would log in once every one or two weeks for a couple minutes, and maybe I would lurk on people's profiles or write an occasional blog. I would do these things on an irregular basis, but I've continually declined to be inactive; I don't post in forums, I don't review, I don't storybook, I don't actively hold conversations.

"I'm busy," is the excuse I usually say when people ask me where I've been. It sounds like one of those lame excuses one would tell a teacher when he/she asks why the homework isn't turned in, but I'm really not exaggerating; between school, work, activities, and applications, I can honestly, ethically say, "Sorry, I'm too busy. Maybe next time."

I've grown up. I'm never online for fun anymore. I no longer play games, write for fun, or chat online for hours. Reality has fully engulfed me, and I'm sorry to break it to each and every one of you, but there will come a time when the same thing will happen to you.

It would honestly be easier to give up YWS entirely and almost never show up again. I have done that with other sites full of friends and followers, and I would be lying to say if doing so made my life harder.

It would be easier to say goodbye to YWS.

But...

I do not.

Once again, as the quotation from Peter Pan goes, "[to say] goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."

Yes, it would be easier to say goodbye to YWS—but it would certainly not be easy to forget it. For someone who's only truly active in the summer, it's almost a nostalgic feeling to come back and write this every year in the middle of my in-activeness; I am reminded of constant silliness and playful days of nonstop friends and—in my own term—virtual families.

It's an unusual feeling; it's almost as if YWS altered my personality to others. It's like another family with an assortment of values and shades of respect. I've gained friendships that will last forever in my eyes, because even if I am never here, they are still considered close friends...and you know who you are!

Yet, there are other people—many people—that I have lost due to my inactive stage. I will mention those people, and just because I haven't talked to these people in a long while, does not mean we are no longer friends.

I will not—I will never—forget about the people that are dear to me.

That said, I think it's time to start the mentions.

@Iggy will also be my YWS bff5lyf&bynd no matter what. We've had a long history together—from gushing over Logan Lerman, to becoming JMs at the same time (back when we were both light green!), to Voxing nonstop 24/7, to sharing personal secrets, to having numerous conversations that start and finish like this:

Many people look up to you and say, "Wow, I want to be Iggy someday!" because you have a gazillion reviews and are super speedy to transform a wrong to a right. And, hey, I admire that of you too. Like, wowzers, you make me seem super lame since I pretty much got zilch for reviews and general moldy modliness. But... I think I admire the goofy Iggy in my camera roll more, and the silly Iggy who Snapchats gangster signs thinking she's supah cool. I like the Iggy who has five more opinions that everyone else, and the Iggy who likes to poke fun of her silly willy brothers. I like the Iggy who is not embarrassed to have screaming singing competitions, and the Iggy who is not afraid to say her thoughts and emotions.

But most of all, I like the Iggy who still cares and holds me as a best friend, even if we don't talk as much as we used to. I like the Iggy that understands why I cannot always be active. And of course, I like the Iggy that doesn't give it a second thought when I forget to reply to a text message too many times to count!

The biggest regret I have on YWS is not strengthening the already strong friendship we have by becoming even more active. Sometimes I wish I never gave up on being a mod and YWS in general, and sometimes I wish I could reset my priorities and put YWS as #1. But after reading your mention and a few other's, and after realizing that I missed out on so much...let's make a promise. I promise I'll come back in the spring if not summer and become fully active for as long as I can, as long as you promise to never, ever stop becoming the Iggy that I truly admire. Deal? IT'S A DEAL. ♥

@VeerenVKS, I'd like to redeliver the same mention from last year:
Carina from 2013 wrote:you stink go away
um
coughcough
cough
(I'm coughing 'cause you smell.)
So you're kind of funny and entertaining, except on the days when you're lame, which is everyday. You're also a great friend and you make my life semi-enjoyable.
Other than that, you suck.

kay nuff said moving on

heh just kidding (maybe)

But in all seriousness, you make YWS enjoyable with your dumb jokes and smart remarks and overall Veer-ness. I remember how you said something last year around this time about not being able to concentrate on school at all since you, Igs, and I are Voxing nonstop. And that's true, because I hAVE STAYED UP LONG NIGHTS THNX TO YOU GUYS, but unfortunately those days have been long over, and it kind of makes me sad... Why do we take forever to answer each other's messages?

Let's make another deal or promise. I'll go back into the old days and maybe start the squad lyfe again (maybe bring back that Reminiscence SB that has ten pages of DT and zero posts in the SB lol), if you stop being a dummy lol jk I mean nvm just stop being a poopyhead and maybe actually sNAPCHAT ME BACK WHEN I SEND YOU STUFF

/wow wat an inspirational mention/

@Omniclysm is the last of the squad pod, and since we're both into SBs, we can make the impossible possible. I know it's been such a long time since we've plotted or talked on Skype, and yeah, our big summer SB projects ended up becoming fails since we both kind of disappeared, but hey, more in common, amiright?! Even though I'm a complete fail at life and YWS (I'm tots proud of my review count), you still push me to become a part of the wonderful YWS staff again (so we can evilly plot and conspire against all the SBers).

When I become active again, we are going to do the Pokemon SB that we were talking about that summer. You know, about the Mankey who loves people, or the diabetic Snorlax? IT WILL HAPPEN...someday. Unless I'm a derp and didn't realize that it already happened, which in that case, just pretend I didn't say anything.

I'm just glad that you see me as me, a herpaderp who sucks at life and likes pizza, as portrayed in the following picture:

Ahhhh. I can feel the friendship.

Speaking of friendship, I still have other people who I want to mention. These people have greatly impacted me since day one, and I hope that, even with my inactivity, these people will continue to be in my life in 2015, 2016, 2017, and forward.

@Avalon gosh, where do I begin? Many people can't see it, but you are the most creative guy I know, and you are an amazing listener. Seriously. You have so many ideas, and you are quick to implement your imagination into them. I'm sorry that I'm not on a lot so we can't talk as often as we did, but I promise I didn't forget about you!

@AfterTheStorm oh lawdy your Snapchats make my day! You are just an amazing wonderful person, and every time I want a giggle or geek out on Doctor Who, I only need to talk to you. <3 In the future, we must make an SB together!

@Skydreamer (almost wrote thewritersdream!) you are an extraordinary person with extraordinary talents, beliefs, and inspirations. Seriously, I never get anything but support from you, and you are always gushing with optimism! Stay happy, and dream on. ♥

@Deanie oh man oh man, whenever I drop by your wall to say hi or how are you, we always escalate the conversation into a novel! I feel like I can say or express anything I want to you, and I'd receive nothing but encouragement. You are an awesome person, you!

@dutifulwriter I MISS YOUUUU! Since you're taken a hiatus, we haven't talked much. But urhghajsd the fandom needs us to fangirl! So girl, when I become active again, you have to, too! It's a deal. <#<#<3

@Snoink Carina Karina, my other half who is a couple decades older than I am! (d'oh) When I am at my lowest peaks, you are always, always there to comfort me. <3 You have given me sooo much support. I mean, I think you even indirectly helped me make life-changing decisions. I'm extremely grateful for that. Mary is very lucky to have you as her mom. ♥

@Rosey%20Unicorn I know we don't talk much, but you've made several comments on my blog when I was in distress. You probably don't know it, but I actually kept your little quotations in the note section of my phone to remind myself of two things: 1) I am still somebody who works to learn things no matter what, and 2) Explore; do not live for other people. Thank you for teaching me this. <3

One more important mention...

@Blackwood Around this time last year, things were different between us. In the summer I would stay up until 4 in the morning just talking to you. We would go to iScribble and make a handful of silly and serious drawings together. We would go to WFP and critique each other's stories, and you mentioned a promise that we would always review each other's works. We made a deal that we would become not only the best of friends, but supporting writing partners as well. Unfortunately, we were both young and naive. Or maybe it was just me; as you know, I became very busy, and I had to temporary give up YWS. But when I came back in the following summer, things weren't the same. You became a serious writer, and I essentially stopped writing short stories and focused more on SBs. We lost the "friendship vibe" that we once had, and that's my biggest sadness on the site. Maybe our friendship will dwindle away, or maybe we'll find the fire again and fuel it, but either way...you're still a blocky block.

There are other people who are important to me, or just general awesome people whom I wish I could have talked to more, listed in no particular order:

@manisha @TimmyJake @ArcticMonkey @Holofernes (omg what happened to Judas) @Messenger @AlmondEyes @cleverclogs @Jony @JamesHunt @Rydia @ReisePiecey @dragonfphoenix @Lava @Auxiira @Noelle @Nate (save the best for last!)

I once again want to thank each and every one of you that has entered my life.

I would like to close this already godawful long yearbook post with another quotation from Peter Pan;

"Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing."

I may be in some kind of hibernation stage right now, but when I come back, I'll be sure to make even more everlasting memories with each and every one of you!

Let's make 2015 the best year of our lives.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:30 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

... Might as well. *claims*
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:12 am
View Likes
Corncob says...

*Disclaimer: Sappiness ensues.*
*Disclaimer #2: I'm going to run out of adjectives halfway through, sorry.*

@Nate Because you invented this site....enough said.

@VeerenVKS VeerenAway I can always joke with you and I still LOVE that Christmas piece you wrote months ago. Stay forever the Banana Man (hope those conspiracies don't get out of control) and I gotta say, you're a pretty funny dude. Hope to chath soonh.

@RavenMoonStone You're always really nice to everyone and awhile back we had a Mini Review Day which really encouraged me to review more I should probably be reviewing right now and I still don't know who won that...xD

@Thewriter13 You are a really great writer and we once had a conversation about homeschooling that was really interesting. :mrgreen: You also seem very nice, and it'd be cool to get to know you better.

@ThereseCricket You are super funny and always fun to converse with. One time, you left a random kind message on my wall which made me happy, as those random kind messages tend to do. You also are very brave and always stand up for what you believe in without ever hurting anybody's feelings.

@Craz You were/are the first person to really help me on YWS, and I will always appreciate that. You also seem pretty chill :smt004

@Iggy We've never really talked much, but you are EVERYWHERE on this site in all the best ways. You seem really dedicated to making the site a better place, and you're always really helpful and kind to everyone. So thank you.

@Nightcrawler (I almost tagged you @FallingDeep....you have infiltrated my mind...) Well, needless to say, you have written and are writing an AMAZING series called Falling Deep which I absolutely LOVE. I could rant about it for hours but I probably already have so I'd better stop now. You are also a really kind and caring person, and you're always open to ideas and feedback, which is awesome. Not to put any pressure on you or anything but...KEEP WRITING!!!!!

@Carina I think you were the first person I ever chatted. You were super kind and funny and although we've never really talked after that, I still appreciate that friendliness--it was one of many things that kept me coming back to YWS again and again.

@CowLogic You're scarily intelligent and funny and yet you express ideas in a way that someone like me can understand them, so thank you! :smt003 I hope to see you more around the debate forums.

@Sunshine1113 You seem really nice :).

@Holysocks You are very kind and funny and just generally snazzy. Also you made a Nightcrawler's wall stalky thing I thought I was the only one who did that and I literally have no words for that but it makes me like you more xD.

@IamTraunt Because we share our love for Iron Man (<3) and because you are always ultra-sweet to everyone, including moi.

@TimmyJake Because I know you were a bad boy for Christmas xD and you are just plain cool.

@Marc Your story is EXTREMELY interesting and has tons of potential, and it's always fun and easygoing chatting with you. Thanks for your time and I hope to take up more of it :smt003 .

@Dreamy I never really talked to you for awhile and then one time I just did and I found out you are really sweet and kind and generally a pretty awesome person.

@Noelle Thanks for the confetti! I know you do that pretty much everytime someone gets a new review star, and I know it makes everyone feel special, so THANK YOU!!

@Unconsoled You aren't as active on here as you used to be :( but we've chatted a couple of times and you're pretty awesome. Also I like your writing. And I remember once we chatted and we had this whole convo that had something to do with "the gods" and lightning but idk man anyway I hope you can be more active and we can talk more.

@loolthebackpack Um....hi.
Last edited by Corncob on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:44 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

Spoiler! :
This is my yearbook spot. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

dudes go back to the 2013 yearbook and check out how many people reserved a spot and then forgot to fill it out
it is hilarious guys

I think the last time I did one of these was like 2010. That was some years ago, huh.
Okay, let's get this over with.

MVPs
that's Most Valuable Players for those of you who may not be aware of the fact that MVP is an acronym for Most Valuable Player
those of you who are aware that MVP is an acronym for Most Valuable Player will already know that MVP is an acronym for Most Valuable Player

@Nutty: Well, of course you've made the top spot here. NO I'M NOT BIASED HOW DARE YOU
I love, among other things, how alike we think on a lot of stuff. Like our senses of humour are pretty similar, and I remember you saying when I mentioned something about #GamerStupidGate how it seemed like I was reading your mind. I wonder if in the future we'll just be sitting in our loungeroom watching TV or reading or something and then you'll get up and hand me a Dr Pepperᵀᴹ and I'll be like "how did you know I wanted one of these?" and you'll smirk and look at the camera as the studio audience goes nuts as it fades to black but then we get cancelled after the first episode.
I think I lost control of that last paragraph. Long story short, we have a good thing going and we should probably stick with it.
:smt007

@Lumi: 'SUP DOOD. Hey, remember that first time we met in the chatroom and we were smackin' Hannah back and forth? (VIRTUALLY, PEOPLE, NO ANGRY LETTERS PLEASE.) And smackin' each other, and (in my case at least) smackin' ourselves by mistake? It's amazing how seemingly random acts of violence can blossom into a rockin' bromance.

@hiverious: HAHAHA YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER READ THIS BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY DO MUCH ON THIS SITE WHICH IS FAIR ENOUGH KINDA

@Rosey%20Unicorn: This is the first year we've really been pals, huh? I'm not sure how to describe it, but there's something nice about your mere presence in a chatroom or Skype group. You know all of these interesting facts or factoids and you play Cards Against Humanity like a bawss. Also you laugh at a lot of my jokes. That's always a bonus with me.
Also I apparently am not a follower of yours on here. gonna rectify that brb

@SuperNintendo: Uh so the new Flash show is pretty cool huh.
Hey, every so often I like reread all the old Academy threads and dude I gotta say, remember the first one in which your posts had a bunch of like spelling errors and missed punctuation and stuff - no, keep reading, these blatant insults are leading up to something - well, compared and contrasted with your posts from Academies 4 and 5, it's like watching The Evolution of Man, except instead of going from a gorilla to a human it's going from a kinda new-ish writer to a better writer. I don't really know how you would portray that in illustration but it's beside the point. So like, props2u.

The Rest of Y'all
youse guys whose i didn'ts interacts withs so muches this years is listed heres

@Alteran, @Rydia, @Nutty, @Bella, @Alice: HIGHWIND 5EVUR

@Aet Lindling: Yo bud what's the haps in the hizzle yonder zizzle

@beckiw: hi beckzzzzzzzzzz
how are you beckzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
what's new beckzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@bubblewrapped: lol i have no idea if you frequent this establishment nowadays

@Cadi: Chai is still basically the best tea ever. Some things just never change. But some things do change. I have changed, certainly. An hour ago I wasn't hungry, but now I am. Truly the universe works in mysterious ways.

@Demeter: DEMAZINQQ man I can't believe I remembered that nickname. HELLO.

@Firearris: are you sure you don't want a fire extinguisher because - if i'm honest - your arris has been lit for the last several years and frankly i'm worried that one of these days you're going to burn the entire website down.

@Insomnia: It's weird because technically you're grouped with the MVPs but I guess we kinda more often talk to the other members of the group? But I mean, when we do talk to each other it's pretty rad, so I'm kinda ok with it. Rawk.

@JabberHut: omg larvitar is the b0mb

@LowKey: Hey how long has it been since our groupy-group did that test? The one we've been doing like, annually. Yeah, that test. Yeah. You know the one.

@Octave: OMG JAE HIYA where are you all the time livin' your life and bein' all hyper-intelligent and stuff

@PenguinAttack: Damn man I had this Admit 2 pass for Hector and the Search for Happiness and I never used it 'cause I was a lazy butt I couldn't decide who to take along and I probably should have asked you 'cause we really haven't talked much either IRL or online lately 0:

@reason: YO RAISIN IMMA SASS YOU BRUH

@Sachiko: HELLO I THINK WE TALKED ABOUT VIDYAGAEMS SOMETIME RECENTISH BUT OTHER THAN THAT UH hey

@tinny: HEY DUDE DO YOU HAVE A RUBY/SAPPHIRE REMAKE HOW IS IT i will hopefully have one around christmas just in time to not miss out on the shiny beldum on wi-fi ANYWAY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THE STUFFS

oh man is that everyone? i don't know
Spoiler! :
ohhh i don't know either
Last edited by cheeb on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:53 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

Welp. Suppose I better get this reserved.

Cue the sappiness. XD

There once was a girl named...well, only about five people on YWS know my name. But I'll get back to them later. ;) There once was a girl who started out as GriffinClaw, then changed to Night. Such boyish names confused many on her true gender, and her interests in superheros and her totally unladylike mannerisms made it even foggier.
And yet people still befriended her. The stranger, the better friends they were. And she was happy. <3 Not to mention when she posted her picture a few weeks ago, she confused many around the globe. XD

Wow. I cannot believe that I have only been here for about a year and a half. I feel like I've been here forever. I normally hate social media stuff, and yet this site is so full of awesome people who adore the same topics I adore that I couldn't help but get sucked in. I don't know how I managed to make any friends, being the weirdo I am and having such an insane schedule. :P And yet...I'm going to have a bit of a list, aren't I? :)

@SushiSashimi333- Even though you don't get on much anymore, I still think of you as one of my closest YWS friends. You were the one who told me about YWS in middle school, and for that, I can't thank you enough. I know life is so busy and that a writing website is far from priority, and I respect that. I hope you stop in to visit us every once and a while, cuz I miss our weird conversations. <3 Keep writing. You are beautiful and lovely and you can beat that overbearing schedule with style! :3

@Messenger- Sigh. You are killing me, bruh. You disappeared, then you came back for like a WEEK, and now...I hope you come back soon. I have to tackle you in chat more. Beating you up always makes me feel better. :P You've been so supportive in my time here, and the times we talked all blur together, there have been so many. :) You live so close to me, dude, we should totally meet up sometime. o.o That would most likely be terrifying. Good luck with sports, you weirdly athletic kid you. You better get back here for good soon or I may be forced to blow up your wall. :P

@Pompadour- We don't talk over chat or whatnot very much but your reviews always spur me on to do better. When you were keeping up with Falling Deep and I saw a notification for your reviews, I'd be really scared and excited at the same time. Scared, because you would totally rip it apart and my lazy butt would have to get editing. Excited, because it meant that I could make the product better. And then your poetry...it's beyond words. One time when we were just writing random crap when it was 3 in the morning for you and the stuff you wrote even then was amazing. I don't know how you do it. So...keep writing, my friend. You're a cool person.

@racket- Hey sis. You are super cool and you write amazing stuff, even if you get discouraged by the reviews and people not knowing about you. A lot of people love you, sis. I've been here for a year and some more and I still don't have a huge list of people to mention! XD But your writing is your unique style, and people's opinions of it don't change that you have a passion and you can put that passion into action! (Rhyming yay) I love how we share similar interests and I'm sorry if my greedy hogging of the computer damaged your attentiveness of YWS. >.> I hope you come back on here soon. :) You rock. I love ya. Peace.

@selena1227- Even though you really don't do much other than stalk people's walls and like my works, you are pretty coo gurl. You are my bestie in real life and I love you sooooo much. Like thiiiiiiis much. *stretches arms around the world* You rock. I can't wait for the musical with you. :3

@1morestupidlovesong- Thank you for being there in my journey with Falling Deep. It means so much to me that you like it so much, and are there to encourage me through my writer's blocks. :) I have a musical at the end of January, but once I get that over with, I will get literally four hours back in each day for writing. :3 I cannot wait! :D Thank you yet again.

@Widdershins- I don't know what you are thinking with that name change, young lady. Do you seeeee what it's done with all the tags?! Yeesh. But still, you are an amazing writer and poet. I love seeing what you do, and I love your quirkiness and kindness. I hope we can talk more in the future. :)

@VeerenVKS- I don't talk to you much, but our occasional talks on your wall entertain me. Keep being coo bro.

@xxxXanthexxx- Hey Olwen. I know you don't go on here much any more, but you are an amazing, beautiful young lady. I'm so glad I've gotten to know you over the year. I hope you keep chugging through life, and know that God loves you. :) You rock. <3

Thank you those who followed Falling Deep for that horrible while of first drafts. o.o I can't believe any of you stayed with me in that. Looking at those chapters make me cringe. XD
And thank you to alllll my little wall stalkers and those I talk to at one time or another- @Deanie, @ThereseCricket, @Holysocks, @Omni, @Lylas, @Draknghar, @Sylar, @unknown391625, @Flite, @MissGangamash, @Sunshine1113, @Burrow, @TriSARAHtops (I adore your name, btw) @Wolfare1 (you seem like a cool person. I'd love to talk sometime. :)), @ChipsMcCoy, @r4p17, @AlexSushiDog, @RavenMoonStone, @manisha, @Noelle, @FlowerPower, @thewriter13, @Dutiful, @anyoneelseI'mforgettingbecauseIhavetheworstmemoryevahamen
All of y'all who look at my wall and think I actually have a sense of humor (what is this madness) makes my day. So thanks for being there for me. :3

And, last but not least... @IamTraunt. Marvel Buddy. MB. Lovely. Invisible girl. The amazing creator of HUNTER'S DAUGHTER ermagersh help the fangirl disease is grabbing me ahhhhh. So don't judge me but I went back in time on your wall to see when we met, and I think I met you like a week after you got to YWS. O.O I could have sworn you were older on the site than me, you seemed so comfortable when you talked to me! Wow. Wow. Anyways, I love being your friend. It's such a misfortune that we live so far apart, but I hope that maybe someday we can meet face to face. LIKE ALICE AND NOAH AHHH! Shhhh, little fangirl mind. It's okay. It's okay. :P I love thinking back on all our conversations, the fun SB's of this summer, our fangirling over Marvel everything. I'm disappointed that life has been pulling us away from YWS and email, but hopefully things will fall back into rhythm soon. :) And we can video chat! I am so happy that I can talk to you over a screen at least now. Remember our first video chat? That was soooo funny. I wish I had recorded it. Wait no, never mind. Too painful to watch my awkward self. XD
You (in your awesome accent): Hello!
Me (in my stupid accent): Hi there!
Us: Sooooo... *look at each other awkwardly*
Me: HERE ARE MY DOGS. *proceeds to throw laptop on ground*
XD Good times, good times. Thank you so much for your support in my stories and other writing and never giving up on me. I am so excited to see what you do with Hunter's Daughter and I admire your ability to get through chapters so quickly. O.o Like, how do you do that?
You are my bestest long distance friend I've ever had. It's crazy how quickly we clicked. I hope that you are able to come back to your family here at YWS and keep in touch with me. Summer break is around the corner. You can do it! :) I love ya, MB. In a mate way, of course. ;) Keep being amazing.

I love you all. <3 <3 <3
Last edited by Sonder on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah