Secret Santa 2021

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:58 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

SECRET SANTA: 2021

Deadline for submitting gifts:

Hello one and hello all! Welcome to Secret Santa, an annual YWS holiday event! This is an event in which you are assigned to be an anonymous Secret Santa to a member of the site. To enter, members will fill out the form below and post it in this topic. When the sign-up deadline has passed, we will take all the names of the participants and put them into a hat, then randomly draw names and assign aforementioned name to a SS! I will then send you the name of your recipient and it's now YOUR job to complete a gift for them. Such fun!

Before we can get to the form, though, there are some rules. These terms are final and non-negotiable. Violation of these rules will result in your disqualification from the event, so listen close and listen well, because ignorance will not be taken as an excuse!

01: You are to keep the name of your recipient anonymous. After the event is over (and that's when I say it's over), anyone is allowed to come forward and share the name of their recipient, either publicly or privately. This is not mandatory; if you wish to not know or to keep your recipient private, then you are more than welcome to. Sharing the name of your recipient either with friends or with the recipient before the event is over is not allowed.

02: Do not enter this event if you do not have the time to finish your gift. It isn't fair that you'll receive a gift and someone else won't because of whatever excuse you have to give. It's not cool, so don't do it.

03: If, for some reason, you need to drop out of the event or you know that there will be a delay with turning in your gift, then PM me right away.

04: All gifts will not involve any sort of real-life transaction of goods or money. There should be no exchanging of addresses, Paypal accounts, etc. Any requests for such information should be immediately reported to a staff member. YWS is not responsible for any off-site transactions.

05: Please respect your SS' form. If they say they don't like something, don't do it. If they request something, do your best to fill that request. It's up to you to explore that person's profile to get a better idea of what they're like if you don't quite know them that well. Subtly asking them questions is fine, but be cautious and don't make them suspicious! Just do your best to make a gift they will like and I promise that they will appreciate you for it. :)

06: There will be no requests for a new name draw. Take what you get and make the most of it. This event is to help open you to new friendships, not so it can be dominated by cliques.

07: Please post your completed form here.

08: Please be appreciative of what you get. This person put a lot of hard work into making something for you, so be nice and enjoy what you've got.

09: HAVE FUN!

Okay, now for the best part... the form! Please copy and paste this form, fill it out, and then post it in this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Alias:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Color Preferences:[/b]
[b]Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:[/b]
[b]Favorite Books/Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b]What Do You NOT Want to Get?:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc.
[b]Other:[/b]

If you have any questions, please ask myself or @Liminality in this thread. Let's keep this thread clean for signups only.

Happy Holidays!

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:18 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Username: MailicedeNamedy
Name/Alias: Mailice

Interests: Books, Nature, Video & Board Games, Art, History, Geography
Color Preferences: Purple, violet, pink, blue and black (every dark colour)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Reading works

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Artists: Duran Duran, Rammstein /Songs: Come Undone (Duran Duran), / Shows: not really shows, but the StarTalk channel, Journeyman Pictures and Fall of Civilizations Podcast on Youtube.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: When Marnie was There, Momo, and Carmilla, Fandoms: Resident Evil & Sailor Moon

Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set or picture/drawing would be cool.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Virtual socks.

Other: :D
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:13 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

Username: QueenMadrose
Name/Alias: Ari/Rose

Interests: /b] Posting quotes about roses, Music, discovering new aesthetics, starting and ending Madness.

[b]Color Preferences:
Purple, neon green
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: reading poems or in Writingpads

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Starshopping by lil peep, Beggin' by Maneskin, sippy cup by Melanie Martinez, High enough by K.Flay, Masquerade by Siouxsie, Jealous by eye dress, and Violent by carolesdaughter. Shows I enjoy- Vampire Diaries, My hero Academia, Tokoyo Bevengers, Demon Slayer.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Good girls Guide to murder, Good girls Bad blood, Five feet apart, Delena ships, Anne with an e, Blood and water, Jennifer's Body, Percy Jackson, BTS, Arianators, Nailea Devora, Larri, and Benzo ships.

Preferred Type of Gift: graphic or writing doesn't matter

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: umm virtual socks
Other: Have an Amazing Day!!
Last edited by EsmerayaRose on Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:31 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Username: dancingontheclouds
Name/Alias: dancer, clouds, Momo
Interests: Ballet, poetry, Jesus, YWS
Color Preferences: any shades of blue/green and all the ones in between!
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: the people tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Voiceplay, Adele, Starlight Star-Shine by Steam Powered Giraffe, Water Under the Bridge by Adele, Carmen Sandiego.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Dune 2021, Star Wars, Percy Jackson, The Chosen, Rise of the Guardians, Marvel/Avengers, Cats the London Musical, Brandon Sanderson (Stormlight Archive, Elantris, Skyward), Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, Dragon Prince.
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever your creative inspiration takes you!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: No pointe shoe cups please! they're not pointe shoes! lol
Other: Merry Christmas! <3
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:41 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Yay! :) Looking forward to this event as always :santa:

Username: you're going to have to guess that one!
Name/Alias: alliyah, anchovies, alli-y, Court Magician, Chicken Goblin, alliygator
Interests: YWS, poetry, chickens, unclassified, humor. irl I'm also a fan of crafting, Christian-theology !!, caring about people, studying scripture, learning music.
Color Preferences: dark cyan (not teal! ;) ) also enjoy reds, black, white, all blues, perriwinkle.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Usually I spend my time looking deep into the archives for that one forum where I made a joke about x, y, z four years ago and trying to remember what the name of that one poem was. Also enjoy poetry!! poetry reviewing!! poetry discussions!! napo , people tab, write-ins, my chicken fan club, squills, contests, KotGR, puzzle crafting, unclassified conspiracy making, bird doodling etc. I have many areas of interest ~
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: my favorite song is Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi :3 I play the violin, uke, piano, & guitar too so I listen to lots of instrumental music. Fave show? Hell's Kitchen ~ and honestly I would live for a collage of Gordan Ramsey with little poetic snippets arranged around him.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Part of Team Unclassified forever. Big fan of Chickens. Big fan of @TheEgg.
Preferred Type of Gift:
Here's Some Ideas; you can see if one calls to you, or just come up with your own thing!
-> Come up with your own conspiracy about how classified is trying to take over the site !! <.<
- > Make a poem out of ... something ! anything !
- > Sing or play a song ~
-> You could try to make one of my little Avvie A's - > I do love the letter A!
- > Literally anything to do with chickens I would probably love; art, poetry, misformed-doodles (did I mention I absolutely adore badly drawn bird doodles) <333, collage, jokes etc etc.
-> dig for some random quote from me and put it next to a chicken and I will probably laugh for days.
-> Do something ~creative~
-> Really I am guessing I will love what you put together, so please don't stress

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I love this question @_@ Please know, anything in support of classified would be highly offensive to me; I'm also not a fan of lima beans, swearing, or violence so probably stay clear of those! <333
Other: Have fun, don't stress!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Username: Elinor
Name/Alias: Ellie
Interests: Writing, classic movies, thrifting, baking, going to museums, acting, Disney, the 1960s/70s
Color Preferences: I love spring pastels: light blue, pink, green, yellow, lavender
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
(in no particular order)

Artists:
--The Beatles
-- Carpenters
-- The Doors
-- Donovan
-- Nirvana

Shows
-- Mad Men
-- He-Man (80s/2002 Reboot), She-Ra (80s only)
-- X-Men: The Animated Series
-- Wandavision

Movies:
-- Into the Wild
-- To Kill a Mockingbird
-- The Last Picture Show
-- Titanic

Favorite Books/Fandoms:

Favorite Books:
-- The Great Gatsby
-- Brave New World
-- Romeo and Juliet

Fandoms
-- Shakespeare
-- X-Men (First Class/Chris Claremont/90s Era)

Preferred Type of Gift: I love anything you throw at me! Though, the header on my profile is what my Secret Santa got me in 2018, and my profile image is what my 2019 made me.

Some sort of art would probably be my favorite. If you're especially artistic I would die for something inspired by my original characters, but no stress if not!

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: There isn't anything I necessarily don't want. I want to be surprised. As long I can tell you put thought and care into it, I'll be happy-- but as I mention above, I already have a banner and profile icon. My 2020 Secret Santa also made me two different collages/aesthetics (one based on Eagle Rock, the other on my fandoms, see attached) so I'd love to get something different from all three of the past years

I'm generally all set with avatars, so I won't find much use of them.

Also, if She-Ra is what calls to you insofar as making my gift, please use the 80s version and not the remake. For He-Man, either the 80s version or the 2002 reboot are great.

Other: My favorite romantic ships are Cyclops/Phoenix (X-Men), He-Man/Teela (Masters of the Universe) and Mary Jane Watson/Peter Parker (Marvel).

My favorite X-Men characters are Jean Grey, Rogue and I love Polaris too. My favorite character in Masters of the Universe is the Sorceress of Grayskull.

Also, I was in the following three shows this year, and they were all very special experiences for me. I would really love something that incorporates them, but I know I threw a lot at you please go with whatever you feel inspired by!

-- Oedipus Rex (as Antigone)
-- Our Town (as Rebecca Gibbs)
-- 12 Angry Jurors (as Juror 4)

I can't wait to see what you create!
Attachments
2ceDc2i.png

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:20 am
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Username: Ignorance
Name/Alias: Aries, Nory
Interests: Art, music, theatre
Color Preferences: Either pastels or dark colors
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Roleplaying~!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Sanders Sides, Steven Universe, Amphibia, The Owl House, Ignorance - Paramore, Unknown Mother Goose - Wowaka, Ghost And Pals, Mitski, Penelope Scott
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Thomas Sanders, Undertale, Deltarune
Preferred Type of Gift: 1. Art 2. Writing 3. New banner/pfp
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Anything with heavy angst, DSMP (nothing against it, just not that into it), RemRom
Other: Have fun with it!! Ily <3
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:35 am
View Likes
starbean says...

Username:hannah314159
Name/Alias:Hannah
Interests:Piano, plants, MATH, reading, being outside
Color Preferences:any shades of sage green/dark green or shades of dark blue/regular blue NO BRIGHT NEON COLORS
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:peoples tab
Song:
Listen to your Heart by Roxette
Artist:
none
Shows:
I don't know lol
Favorite Books/Fandoms:
Book: counting by 7's, the little prince
Preferred Type of Gift: anything to do with math except for inequalities, anything to do with the little prince, anything to do with plants or stuff. sorry I am such a hard person to get gifts for.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?:
memes, gifs
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:54 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Username: ShadowVyper

Name/Alias: Shady/Shadow and Vyps/Vyper tend to be the most common nicknames, but I also find it really, really funny when people come up with unique nicknames for me that only they are allowed to call me (i.e., Vypsies, ShadyVypy, Shadester, etc.) so feel free to make up a new name~

Interests: Fish, fantasy novels/movies, RPing, board games, JackBox, pets (I have a corn snake, bearded dragon, crested gecko, and fish we're all very surprised), #classified, chaos in general

Color Preferences: I like blue palettes and also rainbows

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: RPing and reviewing

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Lin Manuel Miranda, Five Finger Death Punch, "Fight Back" by NEFFEX, BBC Sherlock, LOTR, Douglas Adams, basically any movie starring Bruce Willis, Hamilton, Breaking Bad, Bo Burnham

Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner (it's literally the best thing ever and SO underrated)(also specifically book three, The King of Attolia); LOTR; Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Changeling

Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you'd like to make! I really like graphics and art, but honestly, whatever you want to make will be appreciated!

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not really a fan of bright neon colors but otherwise, I can't think of anything!

Other: Rosy-lipped batfish are literally the best thing in the entire universe and you cannot change my mind.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:30 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Username: looseleaf
Name/Alias: Lucy, looseleaf, LZ
Interests:
- making GIFsets
- looking at old yearbooks
- baseball
- the Sims (4, but 3, too)
- old cars (pre-1970)
- planes
Color Preferences: anything but pink/purple/super neon colors
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:

I did spend quite a bit of time in the storybook section when An Unexpected Time was still going, but now I mostly am on the People's Tab, Writers' Corner, or other people's walls.

Artists:
- I Don't Know How But They Found Me
- Fun.
- Pet Shop Boys
- The Killers
- Panic! At The Disco

Songs (according to Spotify Wrapped):
- I Wanna Get Better (Bleachers)
- Nobody Likes The Opening Band (idkhow)
- Always On My Mind (Pet Shop Boys)
- Dream of Mickey Mantle (Bleachers)
- For Elise (Saint Motel)

Movies:
- Knives Out
- Ford v. Ferrari
- Scent of a Woman
- Ocean's 11

Favorite Books/Fandoms:
Books:
- Johnny Got His Gun
- The Martian
- The Catcher in the Rye
- Death on the Nile
- Slaughterhouse 5

Preferred Type of Gift:

Honestly, as long as it's not a short poem and I can tell you put some thought into it, I'm fine.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?:

Nothing fandom-related (hence why I didn't put any) and the colors I said not to before.

Other: Nope! Merry Christmas!

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:57 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

Username: tweezers
Name/Alias: uhhh chi, twizzlers, weezy
Interests:
~ SCREAM [1996] IS MY SPECIAL INTEREST RN
~ ghosts, but not the malicious kind
~ poetry, but only sometimes
~ my little pony is another spin oopsie
~ uhhh i like motorcycles too grr
Color Preferences: i don't have a preference tbh
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: my portfolio uwu
~ my fav artist is 3OH!3, sorry
~ my fav song is ??? juliet by cavetown
~ my fav show is neon genesis evangelion, i guess
Favorite Books/Fandoms: see above, it's all in interests
Preferred Type of Gift: idk bro i don't have one i'm desperate
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: nothing flashing please i'm epileptic
Other: happy holidays <3
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:52 am
View Likes
Plume says...

Username: Plume
Name/Alias: Plume (my name's honestly too short for a nickname haha)
Interests: Antique stuff (especially historical fashion), sewing said historical fashion, history, archaeology/anthropology (especially forensic anthropology), reading, musical theater, poetry, bad puns/dad jokes, going to museums which I haven't been able to do recently because of COVID :'(
Color Preferences: I like less saturated colors of any brightness and hue!
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Green Room!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Not sure if movies go up here but one of my favorite holiday movies is Klaus on Netflix; some of my favorite artists are Queen, dodie, fun., Ricky Montgomery, and the original Broadway cast of Hadestown; my favorite shows are Good Omens, Derry Girls, The Dragon Prince, and The Owl House
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Good Omens, Much Ado About Nothing (or really any Shakespeare comedy), Hadestown, and any shows mentioned above.
Preferred Type of Gift: I would love a poem, or compliment, or art... really anything you want to make!! Go ham!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something obviously halfhearted and apathetic. I just want some enthusiasm!
Other: Don't stress. I'm very easy to please. And have a great holiday season!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:41 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Username: SilverNight
Name/Alias: silver, silv
Interests: Photography, poetry, roleplays and storybooks, mapmaking, digital design of moodboards/banners, aesthetics with pictures, music (I play piano and guitar)
Color Preferences: Cool colors (blue, purple, some teal-greens too), silver of course
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Roleplay tab!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I'm not that much of a movie or show person, but I love music! My favorite artist is Coldplay, and I like instrumentals a lot, especially piano ones.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Good Omens, Doctor Who, Six of Crows
Preferred Type of Gift: I'm open to plenty of things, but I'd really like it to have a personal touch! It can be in pretty much any format as long as I feel like it's made for me.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing too halfhearted, as Plume said. And if the gift idea isn't fun for you to make/create, find something that is! I want you to have just as much fun making it as I will getting it.
Other: The song/fandom/etc preferences really aren't something you need to include, but I did write them just in case, so that's up to you! I think I'd be a bit happier seeing my interests reflected in a gift instead.
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:34 pm
View Likes
stygianmoon17 says...

Username: stygianmoon17
Name/Alias: stiggy
Interests: writing, anything fiction, horror movies/novels, nail painting, video games, I really like fantasy too, but my fav is horror.
Color Preferences:red red red red, and maybe purple. Anything aesthetic is great too
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: reviewing :> surprising, I know
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I love hard rock, metal, alternative.. I have a lot of favs so I'll just skip the music part lol, I like Game of Thrones, Squid Game, the haunting of hill house, and pretty much any other show, except for the really cheesy and romance-y ones
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Game of Thrones, Attack on Titan, the promised Neverland, Tokyo Ghoul, and just the anime fandom in general. I like genshin impact too (fav characters are chongyun, venti, Xiao and Eula, but PLEASE, if you're gonna ship some of them, just.. don't :)
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. anything, the one you prefer :D I love colourful things, and a drawing would be awesome, but I'm a big fan of all the others too !
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. nothing too weird, not a huge fan of fandom mixing either. Colours to avoid: bright pink, green and purple mixed together. Purple alone is fine, green alone is fine, but together......... but honestly, do something you'll have fun making ! If you put time and effort into the gift, than I'll be happy :D
-Be careful, no man that had ever ventured there has ever come back alive
-Good thing I'm not a man then

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:36 pm
View Likes
D says...

Username: D
Name/Alias: D

Interests: Science (space in particular), writing, reading, drawing and art in general

Color Preferences: Burgundy, Shades of brown and midnight blue

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: I'm kind of new here and so far I've enjoyed exploring the Poetry section, the clubs and the Green Room.

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi and Anson Seabra for favourite artists; Before You Go, exile and Falling for songs. I like sad, contemplative songs in general that aren't too loud, haha!

Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Harry Potter series, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Picture of Dorian Gray and the His Dark Materials trilogy.

Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
I don't really mind anything! I think I'd understand writing more but I'd rather have whatever the person feels like creating!

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc.
Again, I don't mind anything as long as it's appropriate!

Other: Happy Holidays!

-D
And so, being young and dipped in folly
I fell in love with melancholy,

― Edgar Allan Poe,

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley