Young Writers Society

Secret Santa 2020: Discussion & Questions

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:16 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

This thread is for questions and discussions regarding Secret Santa. Don't post your signup here, do that in the other thread.

Please remember that there should be no discussing anything revealing, such as who your recipient is! Santas will stay secret until the event is over :P
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:35 am
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Hey! Gosh this seems like fun-

I’ve never done this on YWS before, and I was wondering how gifts will work on here? Like, what do you get someone?
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:04 am
View Likes
Shady says...

@galaxygem -- Great question! For Secret Santa, you make your Secret Santa a gift! The form over in the other thread gives you some information on what your recipient might like, such as: interests, favorite color(s), favorite artists/songs/shows/books/fandoms, what they want as a gift, and what they do NOT want as a gift, etc.

You then take that info and make a gift for them! It can be a GIF, digital art, a drawing, a poem or short story, anything, really! The point of this is to get creative! Please respect the preferences of your recipient's profile (i.e. if they ask that you avoid the color red and say they don't want a GIF, obviously you should not then make them a red GIF), but otherwise, it's really up to you!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:17 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

how do you do this. i have never done anyhting like this before. not even IRL
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:14 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Haileyg21 wrote:how do you do this. i have never done anyhting like this before. not even IRL

Fill out the form with all of the necessary information. Then wait for sign ups to close and then I will PM you with the name of your recipient and a link to their post. You’ll then read their post, see what they like, and make a gift for them! Gifts are typically something you can give across the interwebs, like a story, a picture of a drawing you made them, etc. It doesn’t involve anything like packages or money. Then you send your gift to me so I can deliver it anonymously for you. Once the event is complete and everyone has a gift, Santas may reveal themselves if they choose to :)

Does that make sense?
- Lewis Carroll

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:10 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

@Iggy, when will we be getting our Secret Santas?
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:52 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

@lordmomo the main post already answered this question. December 15th is when sign ups close. When I send out the PMs, I say when gifts are due and I always give plenty of time to complete them.
- Lewis Carroll

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:30 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Ok, thank you! Sorry I didn't see it lol
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:26 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

After we have fulfilled the main request of the person receiving a gift, can we throw in some additional goodies as a "stocking" of sorts?
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:40 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Vil wrote:After we have fulfilled the main request of the person receiving a gift, can we throw in some additional goodies as a "stocking" of sorts?

Sure, that would be great! That still needs to be sent to me though so I can give it anonymously.
- Lewis Carroll

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:02 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Iggy wrote:
Vil wrote:After we have fulfilled the main request of the person receiving a gift, can we throw in some additional goodies as a "stocking" of sorts?

Sure, that would be great! That still needs to be sent to me though so I can give it anonymously.

Alright, thanks!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 am
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Is the secret Santa over yet? I want to know if I can share who it was-
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:15 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Not yet. I’ll announce when it’s over so please be patient! Once the deadline for gifts is over, my elves need time to make backup gifts if there are any needed.
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:31 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Alright the deadline has come and we need two backup gifts, unfortunately, so I am contacting my elves about getting those made. Hang tight, I'll allow everyone to reveal themselves soon ^^
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:01 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Okay! Everyone should’ve received a gift by now so if you haven’t, please PM me immediately! But from my calculations, everyone should’ve gotten one so that means y’all can now reveal yourselves if you’d like to!
- Lewis Carroll

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx