z

Young Writers Society

YWS Yearbook 2018

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:48 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

This has not been the best year of my life in real life, but probably was my best year on here. I've never been one for the sappy stuff, so I'll just get right to shoutouts. Ignore my funky capitalization. I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.--

To @Saruka -- thank you for being a great irl friend and, when i was feeling down, you pulled me back up. you put up with my enormous amount slight hyperactivity, and you fangirled with me in the most dire of situations. I would like to mirror you in saying to stay strong and be who you are <3

@MJTucker -- I'm so proud of you coming out this year. Even though I changed my sexuality from bi to lesbian, we're still ace buddies and roleplay buddies (even though I don't roleplay anymore that much). I've always enjoyed reading your stories and roleplaying with you, and you are a great friend for being around. Thank you for all of that <3 just remember: stay fab.

@CloudKid -- I know that you have been going through tough times, but I want you to know to stay strong and your WFPs and the chats in them have really helped me through mine <3 your sherlock fanfictions and your marble lungs stories are kind of my guilty pleasure reads online and you inspired me to watch Sherlock again. Stay strong, my guy, and stay a great person. <3

@alliyah -- I feel quite guilty for giving up the novel that you loved so much, but I'm making a new thing that is kind of like that, but original and changed up a little. Still the same premise, the same personalities, and the same old Crys ;) you are certainly welcome for the collage, by the by. I also enjoy your reviews and I actually consider you one of the, if not the, best poet on this site. (I have to admit that there was a day where I went through your portfolio and read a bunch of them, shhhhh). :) You are fab and I hope that you stay a great moderator for the years to come! :D

@manilla -- I know that we haven't talked that much, but us anime and duolingo gals have got to stick together, am I right? :D stay fabulous. <3

@DeerInBacPac -- you aren't on anymore, but thank you for being there when i was sad. hopefully you see this. i mean, i don't know you that well anymore, so i don't really know what to say, but i hope that your relationship with sam stays fab and that you guys stay together, ya know? and best of luck with your sister <3

@Oxara -- I really only know you in WFP, but I've noticed how your writing got so much better since you've gone on this site. For that, I'm proud <3 also, I can't wait to get to know you more in the upcoming future. Stay strong, stay fine, and stay fabulous.

@KaiRyu -- I'm not really roleplaying anymore (busy high school ugh) but I did enjoy roleplaying with you while I did! You've always been optimistic and, even if it is a mask, has always brightened up my day with it :) stay strong, my gal <3

To y'all I didn't mention, I love you, I'll always support you, and I hope that you have a great 2019! <3
Last edited by zaminami on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:31 pm
View Likes
Amabilia says...

*Flys in like Peter Pan* I CLAIM THIS SPOT AS NEVERLAND

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm
View Likes
erilea says...

Claimed! :)
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:17 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

2018 in Review

Achievements
-March: My now boyfriend asked me out. Through ups and downs, we've been there for each other for much of this year.
-May: Got a prestigious job offer with my drama department that ended up being an amazing experience this year and I hope I continue it next summer.
-September: Got the news that my dad was now in remission. I still can't believe it!; Acted in a children's show that was a lot of fun!
-October: Launched World of Remnant; Finished my year-and-a-half long assignment. Acted in an original play which was a wonderful opportunity!
-December: Got to 200 reviews! Participated in a wonderful Review Day :D

My life has been through a lot of ups and downs this year. It was a flurry of things happening at school and a lot of fun times on YWS. Through thick and thin, however, YWS has been there for me. I know I'm going to forget people, but rest assured that so many of you have had a positive influence on my life.

@soundofmind: You're such a bright presence, anywhere you go. You're quirky and passionate, and it isn't hard to see that in everything you do. Never change!

@Magestorrow: Your positivity sees no bounds. I wish I talked more with a lot of people this year, but you're probably one of the highest there. You have such enthusiasm that pervades your work. Every day, I see you somewhere on the site. It's truly impressive and you should feel proud.

@Carina: Maybe one of these years you'll find the time to have a life back on YWS again. That day will be one of my happiest :D

@Rydia: Whenever I have a problem, you're there. Whenever I need to vent, I can always come to you. We may not be the closest, but you're always a bright face when it's needed. I look to you as a friend and as a mentor.

@BlueAfrica: 2018 has been a busy year for you, and you've really shined through it all. I'm glad to have got to know you, if only a bit. But I firmly believe this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship, as you're so bright, passionate, and affectionate to all you meet. Those aren't qualities you find in everybody.

@ScarlettFire: Hey remember when I said this year would be your year? Yeah, neither do I. But, rest assured I fully believe 2019 will be your year to transition from Scar the lurker to Scar the active? You know what I'm trying to say here. Also, you're awesome.

@AllisontheWriter: You're cool, and so bubbly. I wish you'd be around more often, but life does get in the way.

@AstralHunter: You never cease to amaze me with you approach each and every subject with intellect and passion alike. It's truly a wonder to see you at work with the multitude of things you do around this site. You can only go up and up!

I honestly hope to be more active on YWS in 2019, so I can have a lot more to say here!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:52 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Make out a spot to Desirable Frog ;)
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:17 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Gah, have I a lot to say.

First off, I got a job cleaning at a fancy-ass restaurant, after two years of job-hunting. That search was weighing on my self-esteem, I'm glad that I can feel more independent now. I'm proud. Still anxious, cos I only just started, but overall things are good, and I'm confident that I'll be fully up to speed in no time.

Vodquila happened! Big highlight of the year. It warmed my heart then, it will warm my heart forever, so many good things have sprung from it, I will always remember it very fondly. (And I'm talking like it's over! Not quite. ;))

AIGHT

@Magestorrow Damn, did Lost City start this year, or the year before? I think it was the year before. Feels like ages. I owe a lot to the Lost City, man.
It got me into the Saeverse, it was the RP debut of Boris, and boyyy did things escalate from there.
I wouldn't be in this community without ya, I made lots of great friends because of it, I wrote the best stuff I've ever written because of it, and I'm glad to be still plotting with you today. Here's to the upcoming Infinity War, to Kartiel, here's to the insanity, I'm looking forward to properly seeing the inside of Kartie'ls head (finally) and to plotting with you some more. Hopefully we'll bring that boi some peace someday. (Or at least give him his shirts back.)

@soundofmind I swear I'll actually read your novels someday. I'm hella invested in James, I love the hell out of James, his laidback wisdom, his constant lowkey disdain and resignation, his curt eloquence.
Him and Tasha getting together is gonna be remembered as a highlight of the latter half of 2018, definitely. To plagiarize what my own character said, it's wonderful to see him be anxious about something happy for once. ;) God knows he deserves it.
Don't tell him I said that, but he does. Looking forward to seeing more of all yo stuff, don't forget to send me linkies when you do dem Bo pinups ;) ;)
If you want u can dare me to do pinups back, come on, dare me, do it

@TheSilverFox
Aegeas is my fave lovable grumpy 'ol curmudgeon, he's legit my favourite part of the Lost City, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in Infinity War.
Taber and Eremia too. Despite how hard it is for you to get posts out, you keep doing them, and they make me smile. They make everyone smile.
I know I don't interact with your characters that much these days, but I hope that I've been doing something to make your experience more fun, too.
Wellll, some craaaaazy times are a-comin' up in the Lost City, so weeee'll see what I can do there. ;)

@Featherstone ...where do I start
I'mma start with back in the vc last week, when I accidentally led you into thinking I was gonna kill Boris permanently, and you responded with this pure expression of rage, I was filled with such joy and flattered humility that I'd built up someone you could care about that much. It made me feel like what I'm doing is a worthwhile contribution to the universe, and not just a game I play for my own sake.
I like it better that way.
Your characters are friggin fun, they're tragic and they're dark but they have fun, they chill with their buddies/colleagues with hot cuppas on couches that have seen better days, you know not only how to do good angst, but you know how much to do, where to stop and calm down, how to utilize the power of mundanity, how to balance everything. And that's why when you do it, it works.
I wanna keep playing out these crazy dynamics, building on the brotherhood, the love polygons, the love dodecahedrons, and the chaos that is our poor, poor timeline.
We build fun stuff, and you're an integral part of it.
Thanks so, so much for starting Vodquila. That shit changed lives. <3

@ChristenedPages
*cough*
Okay well first off, woooooooooowwwwww did we start...something.
You started Damascus, who is basically pure fluffy corgi energy in the shape of a person. He started not quite that, but DAYUM did he grow fast.
And not only did he grow fast, he incited some serious growth in characters around him- that's a feat. You know who I'm talking about. When I think about him now, in the earlier Lost City days, I still like him fine, but he doesn't interest me nearly as much as the one we ended up with because of Vodquila. This thing we've built...hoooooo boy.
It started a playlist, it started some cute-ass pics, it set the Rp-verses afire. It'll start a dtwh that will be sung about for ages to come.
Here's to the joy and misery and JOY that we will continue to bring to ourselves,our bois, and our dear friends. I got faith in us that we'll do it right.

@RaidenCheese I SWEAR I meant to add you to this in the original draft, but I forgot, and then I was like 'oh you probably noticed and if I add you now it'll be too conspicuous' but screw it, my hand has been forced, you half-melted cricket bat

Your influence, looking back upon the Lost City, has been astounding. Raiden is a staple of the Saeverse to me. Everyone has their favourite Raiden story, be it the time he walked out of the armoury absolutely covered in a thick layer of clangy weapons, the time he butchered Shakespeare and made up an epic backstory on the spot, the Shirts incident, the time he compared Kartiel with a large bosomed gothic sweetheart.
My favourite story is the time he was an amazing detective in the Masquerade. Like, dude. He just...he and James were owning that murder mystery there, and I'm still surprised and impressed when I remember it now. Maybe you should go into writing mystery? Idk.
And you started running a roleplay of your own, for the first time this year! As well as drawing your own manga, and holding to that schedule, all this at once is pretty damn impressive. And watching your digital art get better and better this year- that's been a trip. You've been a trip. Interpret that how you will.

@all of you honeys

I have too much to say, about all of you, that I'll just never be able to truly give to ya, but I owe you guys a lot, and I'm frickin PUMPED for the crazy-ass escapades we're gonna pull off, you're all damn beautiful and the reason I keep writing all this

see you later, my buds
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage's Yearbook Post

A year in review.

I blame Kartiel.

Something tells me that this post is going to be an essay of a post, but sometimes more than a couple of adjectives is needed to really capture how I feel about the wonderful people who have impacted me so, so much this year, and about all of the crazy things that happened in my life.

I'll start this post out with a quick recap, just in case my future self decides to reread this post when I'm trying to come up with some witty or new for the 2019 Yearbook a year from now. 2018 started out relatively hopeful, with a plethora of new ideas and resolutions. By the time I reached the summer, I had remembered that resolutions don't usually happen, and I gave up my goal of completing the 2018 Reading Challenge. I finished the second draft of a novel that never had the same exact name, and picked up The Three Lockets as my new writing project for Last Man Standing's newest round when I realized that I no longer felt the same love I had for my old novel back when I started it in tenth grade. The Saeverse consumed my life, and Discord became a thing I regularly used. I even got to make Infinity War, which I've been scheming about for ages. I made some awesome new friends, made stronger connections with ones I already had, and joined some really, really cool storybooks. I feel more in love with The Chosen Grandma, promised to read and review The Lost Dragon but still haven't at the time of this post, and bugged my brother to work more on his shounen anime disguised as a novel, Vyheria. I went from saentiel to Saen in time for my birthday, and then gave myself an early Christmas present in the form of an old yet beloved username of mine: Magestorrow.

It was a wild, crazy year, and I loved all of the ups and downs of it.

Now onto my friends.

@Tortwag: I know we haven't talked much lately, but I've always loved all of the scheming we've done for the storybooks we're both in. Bubbly Puck and Nico Ringo were one of the highlights of Rei before it died, and I've always treasured your contributions to my storybooks - your posts are wacky and fun to read. I hope we can write more together in the future!

@RaidenCheese: I can't believe it'll be more than a year since I roped you into joining this site in two months. I'm especially glad that you decided to join after all - the Saeverse wouldn't be the same without you and your self-insert's wild shenanigans. Your almost daily dose of memes is greatly appreciated, and I need your callouts every time I change my avatar on Discord to keep me in line. Here's to another year of memes and far-too-frequent avatar changes!

@BlueAfrica: Reading The Chosen Grandma this year was an adventure, and the conversations we had about the characters and story were some of my favorite reviewing experiences I've ever had. I'm glad we've been able to continue chatting about stuff like that with The Three Lockets - your reviews are always fun to read! Outside of that, I've really appreciated you being there for me during the rougher times I've had this year. I know I can always go to you when I'm having trouble and need someone to talk to, and I really do appreciate that.

@Featherstone: I don't know if anything I write can compare to what you said in your yearbook post about me, but I'm really, really glad that I got to know you as well as I have this year. I used to see you as more of Shey's friend than mine - it's hilarious how well I felt like I knew you back then compared to now - and I'm grateful that I had to chance to become closer with you. You always make me laugh with your roleplay posts and comments, and while your puns may be a little cheesy, they never fail to make me smile. You're awesome, and I hope we can do some more evil roleplaying and storybooking scheming in the year to come!

@soundofmind: If this year gave me any big blessing, it was our brOTP. Writing with you about James and Maahes has been one of my highlights of the year, and I still geek out when I think of our socially awkward boys. <3 You've always been someone I really liked for your humor and wonderful personality, but this year I came to enjoy your company even more. You make me laugh with your jokes, your comments make me smile, your writing blows me away, your art makes me fangirl and every time you post about James and Bo, I fall more in love with them. I hope we can keep writing an excessive amount of DTWH threads and roleplays together.

@SirenCymbaline: You mentioned how much your writing has changed thanks to The Lost City and the following roleplays we've done together, and I honestly can say the same of you! Writing with you and your wonderful cast of characters - Boris especially - has been a riot, and I love recounting the craziness he gets up to with my characters to Shey and my friends. Plotting and writing posts with you is a blast. I hope we can keep collaborating on things in the future, whether it be roleplays, DTWH threads or storybooks!

@ChristenedPages: When we first met, birthday buddy, I didn't realize how quickly we'd end up becoming friends! You're an incredible person with a wonderful personality, and your characters are my favorite kind. Reading about Dami's adorable awkwardness and Sevy just being Sevy has continuously made me smile. I'm incredibly thrilled at the prospect of Damascus becoming part of Schadel's family, getting a taste of human life, and bonding with my dorky djinni boi Maahes. I hope we can grow even close in 2019!

@Omnom: We don't talk half as much as we should, but let me just thank you for how much you've helped me over the years with my projects. Your input for writing the villains of storybooks has always been incredibly useful, and I'm really thrilled at the prospect of getting to talk with you more as we come up with evil things for Sirun to do in Infinity War. <3 Let's have a wonderful 2019 filled with scheming a plenty!

@TheSilverFox: I've always treasured you as one of my friends, but I think The Lost City and the plethora of roleplays that followed has given me a chance to become even closer friends with you. We've had so many fun roleplaying shenanigans thanks to a certain angry otter boi and idiot god, and I've fallen steadily more in love with an increasingly high number of your characters. You have a talent for writing interesting worlds, stories and people, and I know that I'll continue to fangirl over reoccurring characters in the next year as they pop into more roleplays. I know you've been busy because of College and Life, but I hope we can stay more in touch.

To the Vodquila Crew: Even though I wrote up individual comments for each of you, I just want to thank you for blessing me with the cutest brotherhood a girl could ever wish for. I love watching everyone come to Engel's collective defense when Boomslang is involved, seeing Damoris become more and more canon, and watch everyone realize that James is a total grump when he's not a little kid or drunk. We've had so many fun shenanigans, and I know we'll continue to in the coming year. 2018 has been a blast roleplaying with you all; 2019 definitely won't disappoint!

To Everyone Who I Didn't Tag: Even though you may not have been tagged in this post, I really appreciate everything you've done for me and the site. <3 You're part of the reason why I love being on here and being a moderator, and I hope I can get to know all of you better in 2019.

Thank you for a wonderful year, everyone!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 pm
View Likes
Saruka says...

a year in review

what is up, everybody? it's been one heck of a year on and off yws. i've been on this little site for almost two years! that's crazy! which means that 2018 was more han half of my time here on yws. my memory of where 2018 begun and what happened in that time is really fuzzy, so since 2018 consisted of most of my time on yws, i'm going to do this blindly hoping i don't recount anything from 2017!

@RavenLord: You've been here a long time, Rav, but definitely a veteran compared to me. I'm pretty sure I first met you on the Roleplay Geeks, and the era of "Saruka in the Geeks" lasted for a little while. Probably up until 2018. But stuff came up, and I decided I couldn't keep up with the Geeks, and I unsubbed. Boy, did roleplaying ever escalate from there. You and Arden are one of the sole reasons I'm still here, probably because I don't feel the motivation to write in full anymore. But I never feel as much motivation to write as when I'm creating a story with you and Arden. We have a bunch in common, we like a bunch of the same things, and I'm glad I was introduced to you, because, frankly, you're one of the best roleplayers I've ever met. And a pretty lit friend.

@Elisabet: Arden, I spent seven months on this site when you weren't on here, but I seriously can't remember this site without you. I want you to read Raven's paragraph above, because it was the first one I wrote and I definitely included you in some of it. You're such an amazing person and you two drove me to actually make my first real original fandom character- which I've always been afraid of doing! But I seriously feel so confident with Two and I couldn't have done it without you. I'm so glad we're interested in so many of the same things, and I don't know what I would have done if we never really talked on this site. You're an amazing roleplayer and always know what your characters would do. I gotta say, you're really an amazing person too.

@zaminami: A lot of our interaction is outside of this site, so I'll keep this short and sweet to what goes on in this site. You're the reason I'm here typing this now, and I can't imagine what I'd do without this site, and your short, sentence-long horror stories that made me make an account so I could like them. We figured out who we were on this site- developed our first crushes on girls and shared the details through messaging. Teamed up when they took down the site at school. Zami, just keep being yourself and don't let anyone tell you to stop.

I might add more to this later, but literally everyone I interacted with this year is an amazing person, an amazing writer, and overall great. Anyone who ever wants to chat can hit me up via PM and I'd be happy to have a chat!

Peace out,

~Saruka
Last edited by Saruka on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
a lesbian disaster

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:01 am
View Likes
Snazzy says...

Claiming my spot! :)
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:00 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

MJTucker's 2018 Yearbook Post

2018 had a lot of curves for me, and I could never have predicted how it would have gone. Besides the massive improvements to my writing, which are apparent to me when I read writing from a year ago, I also grew as an individual. I met so many new people, became better friends with others, and learned more about other's perspectives and opinions. But more importantly, I learned more about myself. My views on many different topics have changed and evolved, thanks in large part to all the wonderful people I talked with online. Summarizing these relationships and these events was difficult, but I hope I have done this year justice in this short compilation of monumental events and brief recognition of people.

The Biggest Events Of 2018 (on YWS)

• I completed my first finished draft at 74,402 words after finishing my first NaNoWriMo successfully in November of 2017.
  • I participated in Camp NaNo in April with the 2nd book in my trilogy and successfully wrote 50,030 words!
  • I started a hashtag called #yourdailyreminder that (I hope) helped people through tough times, and even though it was just a small thing, I like to think it made an impact.
  • I participated in the Last Man Standing, better known to some as LMS, as a Rogue with the goal of editing/rewriting 1 chapter a week for 9 weeks until I had to drop out because of school and other commitments. Still, I was able to write approximately 30,576 words in the span of those 9 weeks, and it has helped me immensely work out the plot of my novel.
  • I wrote my first ever collaborative poetry with the wonderful @alliyah, @Oxara, and @Cloudkid. It was such an honor to work with these excellent poets, and I loved the poem we wrote!
  • I participated in more write-ins than I can count, met new people, and formed friendships that I am eternally grateful for that never would have happened without YWS.

Special Mentions

@BlueAfrica, thank you for being the YWS Mom and the first person I ever came out to. Your constant support means the world to me, and you're always fun to hang out in a WFP!

@Cloudkid, thank you for talking to me about gender and sexuality and letting me ask all of my dumb questions. Thank you for sticking around even though it's been hard. YWS wouldn't be the same without you, and neither would I

@Oxara, thank you for geeking out about robots with me and always being willing to chat! I've loved getting to know you better, and you'll do great things in the future :)

@zaminami, thank you for always listening to me and talking with me about all the big things as well as all the little ones, although I still haven't forgiven you for killing Joash ;).

@Magestorrow, you're one of the sweetest people on this site, which is saying a lot considering how wonderful everyone on YWS is, and I appreciate all you do to make everyone on YWS feel comfortable and safe.

@ShadowVyper, thank you for always being willing to discuss biology and pretty much everything else under the sun with me even when you're exhausted. I'm so glad we've gotten the chance to connect and look forward to getting to know you even better!

@Carlito, thank you for blessing my wall with pictures of bunnies snuggling. I retract all negative statements I have made in my entire life about bunnies.

@Arcticus, the #gohomeArcyouretipsy tag has made me question everything about life in the best way possible. Keep 'em coming, but please get tipsy responsibly ;)

And to anyone else on YWS who has impacted my life this past year, I appreciate you and love you and am so, so grateful for you. 2018 has been a year of immense growth, and everyone on this site has played a huge role in that. I keep saying it, but this site has been so influential in shaping who I am as a person and introducing me to new viewpoints and perspectives that have been invaluable to me. Keep on being awesome :)

Young Writers Society: Come for the writing, stay for the people
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:47 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Shady's Yearbook Post

Man, has this been a crazy year. I guess one of the biggest positives that I can point to from 2018 is my return to YWS. I can't point to the date I actually came back -- it was kind of a gradual thing over the course of a few months, but boy am I glad that I've re-integrated and reclaimed a spot in this community. You've all been so good for me and I'm so grateful that I've gotten to meet each of you <3

@MJTucker - Thanks so much for being my nerd buddy. I love our science chats, and I really appreciate how we can talk about such a wide variety of topics and disagree so much while staying friends and keeping things civil. You always make my day better when I talk to you, and I'm so grateful that I met you <3

@mellifera - SCRIBS! Thanks so much for always lending a sympathetic ear when I've had a rough day, and for all of your kind words about my novel. I value your friendship and I appreciate all your reviews more than you can ever know. They always bring a smile to my face when I read through them.

@concord - I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you a bit better this year, though I will forever think of Monty Python every time I see your new username xD

@fortis - Thanks for always being my science nerd buddy. I appreciate how your enthusiasm for the subject always equals mine, and how you're willing to talk about whatever weird fact I've learned in my studies. You're a great bio buddy <3

@Omnom - I'm so glad to see that you're still around! Old buddies and new buddies, it's always great to have you around.

@Oxara - I'm glad to have gotten to meet you on this round of my YWS adventures! I like getting to know you better, and it's fun listening to you nerd out about the things that you're passionate about.

@Carina - Not that you'll actually be around to see this >.> But I'm glad to have gotten to reconnect with you on and off on this round of YWS.

@Deanie - Same for you. You're not around on here much, but I've been enjoying getting to chat with you a bit more in the recent times. You're the best and I'm so glad that we're friends <33

@Cloudkid - I'm glad that we met! I know life isn't easy for you, but you're such an encouragement when people are feeling down, and you've helped me get through some pretty rough periods this year. I hope things start looking up for you soon! <3

@elysian - I'm also glad that I've gotten to reconnect with you. I know we don't get to talk much with your insanely busy schedule, but I've enjoyed getting to follow your novel, and I'm SO proud of how much you've improved since I first met you.

@BiscuitsLeGuin - I'm glad to have actually started talking to you on this round of my YWS adventures xD You're such a cool person and you've been such an encouragement to me this year -- and I LOVE your Tayburn Zoo. You're a talented author and I'm so glad that our paths crossed!

@shaniac - I haven't seen you for a while, but I really enjoyed getting to talk to you earlier in the year! You're super cool and I'm glad that I was able to meet you!

@Sonder - I also haven't talked to you in a while, but I really enjoyed our chats earlier in the year, and I still LOVE that character commission you made of Jerica a while back. You're such a talented writer and artist and I'm just a huge fan.

@veeren - Veersies, you and Petey will always have a special place in my heart. I know we don't talk much in recent days, but I'm glad that you're still sorta around, and that we interact every now and then.

@Shikora, @Carlito, and @Ventomology -- I know I don't talk to you guys a lot, but I really appreciate how encouraging each of you have been on my novel. It feels like every time I start to feel bad about myself as a writer and get discouraged, one of you comes along with a super encouraging review that helps me get over the funk and get back to work. I appreciate all of the feedback you guys have given me and all the work you've put into your reviews <3

And I'm sure that there's many many more people who deserve a spot on this taglist, but this is already getting super long and I'm getting tired. Thanks to everyone who has made an impact in my life in 2018, and here's to hoping we all have an even better 2019!
Last edited by Shady on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:55 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

I'm really glad that my reviews have helped you keep moving forward and carry on writing your story, It would be a shame if you didn't carry on writing it, I wouldn't have anything to read.
You should never think your writing isn't very good, because to be honest when i read your story and see how well you write, i wish I could write like you. I find it amazing how your story just flows together.
So keep up the great work. <3
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:09 pm
View Likes
Clairia says...

Elisabet's Year in Review!

~

Let's cut to the chase-this year was rough. In more ways than one, I was struggling to keep going as my mental health deteriorated. I arrived in a place this year where I was forced to come to terms with my situation, which wasn't fun. I'd lived in a world that could only be described as a twisted fantasy, where I still firmly believed that I was okay and that what was going on in my personal life was normal. I cried a lot.
Yet, I also laughed a lot. I learned a lot. I preformed, I sang, I wrote, I made my favorite characters and favorite shows come to life with some of my favorite people. I found my style, I found myself, and I pursued my passions.
2018 wasn't all bad. It was the first full year that I had on this site, as I joined in October of 2017. I'm a fairly new user because of this, and one of the things I remember when I first joined (despite that horrid username I had) was how kind everyone was to me. That kindness lingers, and it carries. I'd like to acknowledge a few of the friends I've had the pleasure of interacting with and making on this website. Thank you all so much, and from the bottom of my heart, here is my thanks.

Honorable Mentions

• @RavenLord — I've known you for over a year and you have never, ever, ever, ceased to be just a straight-up great person. You have a great sense of humor, (because it's my sense of humor) you're there for me when I need you, and you've been such a mentor and a source for guidance in my life.
Spending countless hours roleplaying with you, making dumb jokes about a scary old man who you like to make literally terrifying and a 12-13-14-it-varies year old girl who's stubborn as a mule and has superpowers has literally toyed with my goshdang emotions. I've cried (lavender's blue), and I've nearly died laughing (because it's pUdgE, and cigarettes) and I've also been really mad (killed/almost killed Brenner many, many times) but it's all been worth it. Thanks for putting up with Eleven and I. We appreciate it, and we love you.

@Saruka — Klaus, Two, and Saru, you are a shining star. You have my heart and you have never failed to make me laugh. From your wall posts to simply check in with how I'm doing to your appreciation of memes-there's so much of you to love and I love all of it. Roleplaying with you is such fun, too. I always look forward to your replies, and they always set up so many opportunities for me. You've also just got a great way with words and even tho we use pretty terribl grammrr and talk like this sumtimez we r still da gr8st tem n i luvv u <33

@Carina — OMGGG CAR1nA i had 2 write a thang for u becauz ur the gr8st science lady i ever goshdiddly did meet
In all seriousness, my conversations with you have always been extremely entertaining and you've always been so supportive and bubbly. I love your spunk and your humor and I've never found you a bore. I miss your active-ness and I hope to see you again soon!

@elysian — We met after I reviewed on a piece of yours and even though we're not the closest, it's been the greatest getting to know you. Your singing voice is phenomenal and your writing is such a pleasure to read! Our conversations have been fun and I just wanted to thank you for being part of my time on YWS <3

• @GodHatesShane — Miss you, man. We need to talk more. We were kinda dragged into friendship because of a mutual friend of ours (*shoves Rav into circle*) but I'm so glad we were. You're funny and all around a pretty neat dude.

@Featherstone — We really need to roleplay! Another friendship blossomed from another friend, and I'm really happy to have met you. I watched you become a moderator, and I'm so proud of how much you've achieved on YWS. You're a really kind person that I appreciate in my life.

To everyone who I didn't tag — You've all been a part of my time at YWS, and you've all contributed to my journey. Thank you for that, and for being yourselves.

YWS, please don't change. You've made my life so much brighter and I appreciate you beyond your comprehension. Thank you for all that you've done for me. Peace out, 2018.

— Ghost, Londone, Arden, and most recently, Elisabet <3
"If you have
a painting in you, paint.
Just create it.
Banish doubt and fear
and step out of your own way.
Write if you're a writer.
Do what you were born to do.
--Toni Sorenson

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:08 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Aww man! I kept procrastinating doing this and now I MAYBE have a couple minutes.

So I'm just gonna say I love you all and I thought 2018 was a pretty awesome year! I'm excited for 2019!
100% autistic

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:58 am
View Likes
Oxara says...

Alright so I would just like to start this off with saying that at the start of 2018 I knew no one and was not on YWS. That is a crazy thing to think of. I don't know where I would be without any on you! I mean if it weren't for you guys I would still be bottling stuff up and would be in a very diffrent place so thanks to everyone! I also have really grown to love writing more and more and reading novels on YWS has been a true joy. For all of this and so much more I can't thank everyone enough.

Now onto the HEY YOU! LISTEN TO ME PRAISE YOU!

@BlueAfrica How could I not mention my YWS mother. I can not even began to thank you enough for everything you've done. And even though I haven't read all of the chosen grandma yet I will do it by 2019. (hopefully) So for everything thank you.

@alliyah Well what can I say that your poems are pure joy to read and your awesome. I 100% loved hearing you talk about poetry and even sprout some tips to this poem novice!

@Cloudkid I am so glad I met you, you are awesome, smart and a great friend and don't let anyone you tell you otherwise and that includes yourself! I don't know more to say other than thank you for letting me be part of your life.

@ShadowVyper While I may have only recently gotten to know you better (yes we talked before but I feel like it's only been in the past mouth or two that we've really been talking like we do now) I am glad to have know you and your a joy to talk to. And I must thank you for your advice. (haha see I said thank you)

@MJTucker what can I say while we're all writing nerds here on YWS it was nice to talk about the more nerdy side of me with someone that's not my family. It was a blast and you got me into programming or well gave me the courage to get into it! I look forward to a really nerdy 2019. And yes at some point we have to do something really nerdy together in 2019 that we both will look back on and say wow that's really nerdy and awesome achievement! I love you and thank you so much!

@Panikos I enjoyed talking to you in the morning and I appericate you letting me vent. I also enjoyed reading some of your novel (I need to read more though.) I appreciate you and everything you've done

@zaminami I may not know you as well as some others but you've been a joy to talk to and your awesome! I hope to get to know you better in 2019! Have a great rest of your year

@mellifera I appreciate you letting me vent and for listening to me. It was a joy to talk to you and your an awesome person. I hope you have a great 2019

@StellaThomas I may not have seen you that much but I've had some good chats with you and I thank you for them all the same.

@Mea I thank you for everything your sweet and supportive comments you've said on my walls and WFP!

@concord It's always a blast to talk to you and I love your writing and while yes I need to read more but again wayyyy too much to read on YWS.

@BiscuitsLeGuin Your a joy to talk to in WFP and I hop I get to see more of you in 2019 and get to know you better.

And to everyone above I apologize for my rants over the year even though I know you say it's ok I still will apologize.

Ok Ok I am sure I am like missing 100 people and I am really sorry if I am but there are just so many and I am super hyped about a story that I want to write and I want to post it on the first day on 2019 with some edits as to start off the year with something I love writing (and I also plan to try to do the first review of 2019 but we'll see if anyone else does it first) and I plan to read a lot and do so much. But know I love you all and I am so thankful to each and every single one of you and I am so lucky to have you in my life.

And to anyone who doesn't know me I would love to get to know you in 2019!!!
Last edited by Oxara on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob