Young Writers Society

YWS Yearbook 2018

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:24 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory. ~ Dr. Seuss

You may post anything you like: shout-outs to specific people, stories or poems you really liked, what you read this year, pictures, favorite quote, etc. However, you may make only one post! Although you can edit that one post as much as you like.

Grab your spots, sit back, and enjoy the memories <3 What an amazing year, everyone! And to those who are new with us, join in! You will look back upon it next year and smile.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:24 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

FIRST POST LOL
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:27 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

SECOND POST!!! Wow. That is an achievement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Previous Entries:
2016 Yearbook Post
2017 Yearbook Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2018 Favorite YWS Memories
Wow so many great YWS memories from this year! This was my second year as a Junior Moderator on the Poetry Crew led by the wonderful @Aley <3 and it certainly has kept me busy on the site. One of my favorite memories in the last year is helping with NaPo, especially Inspo for NaPo which was a ton of work to help put together but turned out really fabulous. I also enjoyed following different people's threads this year too. This summer I was also really proud of the work I did with Camp NaPo, which was generally very fun event to help host and pull together.

One of the other significant parts of this year would have to be getting involved with Squills (finally)! It all started out with me asking if I could do a little Pre-NaPo article, and Aley asked if I wanted to apply to join officially - and the rest is history. Speaking of history, the "This Month in History" column has been super fun to put together - and dig around the archives for! Squills is great!

Another favorite memory has to be all the obsession I've had over Dark Cyan this year. Which is actually a tad ridiculous. RevMo was super fun this year with everyone encouraging each other to review and of course all of my color coordination along the way. Dark Cyan highlights below:

^Results of RevMo color coordination.
NaPo Poem: Let me write in Dark Cyan
Dark Cyan Case Study: alliyah babbles about dark cyan

As far as my own writing? I wrote significantly less poetry in 2018 than 2017, at some points I feel like I'd lost my poetic voice - and that all my poems were starting to sound the same. 2018 for me has been the year of poetic fragments - I have so many pieces of poetry, but not a lot of completed pieces. I am proud of a few pieces though: (for lack of water , bittersweet , to my father , wisdom

2018 YWS Highlights/Accomplishments

- Joined Squills!
- Completed NaPo: heavy dreams & lofty responsibilities
- Completed RevMo &&&
- got to have a dark cyan username for a week!
- Wrote another entry for the Knowledge Base: Slam Poetry: Writing and Performing
- Completed Team Tortoise in November
- Broke into top 50 in All Time Review Leaderboard
- Helping out with Better Review Bureau has been a big part of 2018
- I got more involved with Knights of the Green Room this year
- For KotGR in 2018 I found a Golden Goose, A Village, and finally the Golden Chest, now I'm working on Unicorn... check back with me in 2028 to see how that's going...
- Had a lot of fun in Review Days -> Team Hocus/Pocus and Team Stingrays were my faves
- Also I loved all the special events & workshops; Spooktober, YWS Birthday, all the workshops...
- And last, but not least The Poem of the Week Thread is still alive and strong. (my first comment in it was July 2017)

Shout-Outs
Spoiler! :

Poetry Peeps

@LadyBird I'm glad I always have someone to rant with, and also all of our evil plotting. I hope you know you're awesome, and talented, and one of my favorite parts of YWS. Also your poetry is fabulous. <3

@Aley My wonderful Poetry Crew Leader, Squills Buddy Extraordinaire; so much love to you, Aley! <3

@TheBlueCat - Shout out to one of my favorite YWS Cats. You are spirited and peppy, and I'm so glad to be on Poetry Crew with you. Thank you also for following my NaPo poetry this year!! <3

@Casanova - dude - thanks for the Review Challenge!! It motivated me to do a bunch of reviews! I also had fun running that poetry workshopping event, and if you ever want to Review Challenge Rematch - just let me know!

@Clarity - Haven't known you very long Clarity, but I've enjoyed all of our site and PCrew & Squills interactions! You totally rocked Spooktober by the way - and I'm glad you're a part of this site <3

@niteowl - I'm putting you in the poetry peeps section too, since you are a poetry peep! Love when you jump into write-ins and also all of your enthusiasm and dancing elephants!

@Arcticus, @amelie, @hexglass, @Snazzy, @fortis - you all are such talented poets, never stop writing poetry friends!

@MJTucker @Oxara @Cloudkid I had so much fun writing that collaborative poem together! <3 Ya'll are talented and wonderful people - and I enjoy catching up with you in write-ins!

Squills
@EternalRain , @TheWeirdoFromBeyond, @WritingPrincess, concord, Aley, LadyBird and the rest of the Squills family - ya'll are awesome and hard-working and I'm proud of all the successful Squills issues that have come together this year!

Write-Ins
Write-ins were huge this year on YWS! It was so fun to get to know more of you more and chat and check in. I know I'm missing a few peeps here ~ thankful for all of you folks though.
@BlueAfrica (YWS MOM! You are wonderfully level-headed and caring Blue!)
@CloudKid (you are a fabulous poet and writer, don't forget it!)
@mellifera @BiscuitsLeGuin @MJTucker
@zaminami (I enjoyed following your novel while you were writing it! And I always enjoy getting one of your reviews. Also did I thank you for that alligator/squid collage??? because I love it. a lot! )
@ShadowVyper (YWS's resident Fish Expert!!!)
@Oxara - Hey! thanks for listening to me blabber about all the random poetry nonsense. You're a good friend!

Other Shout-outs

@concord - you are so supportive - from NaPo to Squills to reviewing, you're seriously wonderful concord.

@EagleFly - Eagle, I'm so glad we met this year! I've seen you grow so much in your poetry writing, you're really kind and a good friend to have around. I'm also glad we had a chance to write a poem together!

@QueerHumanBean - I know you're not on anymore, but if you ever are, I do hope you are doing well buddy!

@PrincessInk @Querencia @Traves You're all sweet and thanks for following the Poem of the Week thread, I notice!!! <3

Other YWS peeps I'm going to give a quick shout-out to for either being hilarious, kind, wonderful, encouraging, talented, enthusiastic, or all of the above!
@Lael, @Wolfical, @Mea, @rosette, @AriannaC, @SnowMonkey, @Magestorrow, @inktopus, @Coffeeism, @Chinku, @Lightsong, @Rydia, @erilea, @Charm, @Messenger, @SpiritedWolfe, @tgirly

@AllOfMyFellowModerators (including some of you dark blue and orange names!!) you're a hard working and dedicated bunch! And I'm glad to be a mod along with you all.

There are many people I missed tags for because there are just so many people on this site that have kept me coming back to it. Thank you to all of you who have listened and encouraged me, or just shared their talent and writing. Thank you for contributing to this site and making it the welcoming and exciting community that it is.

Cheers to 2019 Young Writers Society! <3
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:20 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

3rd post. Yay! 3 is a magic number in my opinion.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:15 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

The Year of 2018

Where to start, YWS? I guess a good way to do that is to bring up people.

In no particular order, here are a few peeps I have a few words for. Even if you're not on yewis much anymore, I'm happy to at least give some thanks to the users that have my experience here a great one in contrast to my stress ball of a year in real life.

Spoiler! :

@mellifera @shaniac @CloudKid ---> Shoutout to the late night crew that got me through long days and even longer nights <33 I love you all to bits.

Mellie - you are so sweet

shan - I miss your awesome reviews

and Ollie - I love your writing I love your determination to make it through this world <3

here's to hoping a better year for all of us.

@LadyBird @Aley @alliyah @EternalRain @elysian @Clarity @Kanome @TheWeirdoFromBeyond @WritingPrincess also shaniac and @Charm and props other people too ---> Massive hello to all of my fellow Squillians (even if I'm super in-and-out) I really appreciate all of your work to help Squills along. c:

Lizz - I love your different topics and who you are and how you're not afraid to speak your mind <3

Aley - my queen of poetry I miss you and appreciate you helping me become an editor and yeah you're simply amazing <33

alliyah - my other queen of poetry and poems and I bow down to your greatness because you're amazing and everywhere and you're so enthusiastic about everything I very much appreciate it <33

Rain - my other fellow editor - I love the work you do and just love talking with you about random things - I hope you're doing good. <33

Elysian - I miss you but I hope you're doing good.

@Vervain @Rosendorn @Evander ---> To give you all some love and say thank you to the wholesome conversations we've had and the amazing stories you all are writing and the reviews you've left me that have helped me a lot.

@Featherstone @soundofmind @Magestorrow @Omnom @AstralHunter (also @Rydia and @Elinor ---> To give some SB-ers some love and say a major thank you to welcoming into your events and getting to know all of your characters and I'm just appreciative of your help and your enthusiasm with what you do <33

@BlueAfrica ---> You are simply amazing and I love you and I love spying all of the Kiernan/Benjamin scenes even when I don't read the rest XD

@Oxara @lemonboi @MJTucker @ShadowVyper ---> Hello some of my fellow WFP-ers. I have really enjoyed holding conversations with you all <33

Shady - I appreciate all of the talks we've had about different things and yeah

@Panikos @BiscuitsLeGuin ---> I had a need to say that you both are amazing and do great work and I love seeing you work in a pad.

@Arcticus @bluewaterlily @Casanova Charm ---> Necessary shout-out to some fabulous poets that have shown YWS some amazing stuff not only this year but also past ones <33

blue - Thank you for your NaPo input <3 Here's to hoping we both can do it again.

@Carlito @fortis @Pompadour ---> Necessary shout-out to some fabulous writers on here (Lizz, you're also included here, as is Elinor and a bunch of other peeps whoops).

fortis - I will get caught up on Connection because it's too good to get too far behind in, eech.

@Mea ---> You are simply a wonderful person and I love seeing you do all of these different events on YWS from mod stuff to The Duels of the Reviewers because that was fabulous.

Other YWS Stuff

I became a moderator, which was a super surprising insane thing to happen to me! I've really enjoyed my time in being able to do other events on here and help with them.

I finished NaPo which was an absolute blast!

And uhm, I actually joined Storybooks and made one of my own XD That was fun.

I've had some pretty stressful times in my life this past year, but I'm hopeful for what 2019 can bring me.

Here's to a great next year! Hope you all hung in there <33
Last edited by keystrings on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:25 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

i am alive and a year has gone by

YWS STUFF:
    - I did napo2018 and finished! I think I did better quality-wise than previous years and I can see my improvement.
    - I started LMSIV in the summer! I've been wanting to rewrite The Lost Dragon for two years and finally got around to it thanks to the structure and discipline of LMS and I'm so happy!
    - My storybook The Outlands hit its one year anniversary! This feels like a big milestone for me! I'm so happy with how far this SB has come all thanks to the wonderful people who joined it!
    - Ain't exactly new, but I've been a junior mod for a little over a year now? Nice.
    - I DID SO MANY RP'S AND SB STUFF AND DTWH STUFF??? IT'S BEEN GREAT BUT HOLY MOLY THAT'S A LOT LOL

LIFE STUFF:
    - I got a job and am doing what I love! I'm incredibly grateful!
    - I changed a lot as a person? And I think for the better? Here's to growing more in 2019!
    - I moved into my own place! Wow I forgot but yeah moving in the summertime was stressful? Can't wait til summer of 2019 tho bois this gurl gonna use the pool at my apartment complex a lot!!!
    - I wrote roughly 13 songs in the last year (most of them on my soundcloud) so that's wild.

PEOPLE!!!!!!
I got closer to a lot of people on YWS during 2018 and I love ya'll. I wish I had more words but I feel like I don't have!! Enough words!!

@Featherstone I'm so incredibly thankful for your friendship. I've loved every adventure, every au, and alternate timeline, and every little bonding moment we and our characters have shared. Your characters are so full of life and feel so real. Thank you so much for everything <3

@magestorrow I LOV U and I love our precious brotp. Thank you for giving James a much-needed friend :,) and thank you that I've also had the pleasure of becoming your friend in the process. You're so kind hearted and I only wish you the best! I've loved watching you grow in your years here on YWS and seeing how much you've accomplished. Your future is bright!! <3

@SirenCymbaline I dare you to draw more pinups *coughs* UH, YEAH ANYWAYs, I LOVE BORIS and that one heart-to-heart that he and James had that they'll never talk about again. Siren is adorable and hilarious. I've loved every rp you're in and I always look forward to writing w/you. <3

@ChristenedPages Damascus is precious and must be protected, and so must YOU. You have such a pure heart that truly cares for people and it shows!! Big lov <3

@Lael I've love loved writing with you!! You're so fun to bounce ideas off of and I love your characters and their personalities. You've got so many cool ideas bouncing around in your head and if you ever get to writing a novel or short story poke me!!

@wolfical BIG LOVE FOR U!! I love seeing you post all your quality songs on your feed and I love Brett and I love all the jokes and laughs I've had with you!! My sassy elf and your snooty wolf will forever be my fav to go back and forth with insults hahahah and I continue to wish you the best w/school! You're doin' gr8 fam.

@sherlockhson Yo man, I love u.

@omnom I've loved every moment I've gotten to hang out with you!! From that one good vc time that was this year right? to all the LMS planning sessions, and SB talks, you're just a joy and full of ideas. I love your dedication and I will forever be crying happy tears for your feedback on Outlands?? asdhjkhglkj <3 <3

@concord I AM STILL FOREVER THANKFUL AND BLESSED??? That you read Outlands and not only liked it enough to read it all but you wanted to join!!! I'm so so excited for what this next year holds as you're invited on the journey and I'm excited to get to know you more in the process. You are such a positive presence on the site and I love seeing you around!! <3

@mellifera @StellaThomas thank you both so much for reviewing so much of my LMS story. It's so close to my heart and it means so much that you would jump in for however long and fall in love with my characters with me :,) I deeply treasure your commentary and feedback. Thank you so much!!

@Elinor You are so bright. I support you with all of my heart and I believe that you're gonna be out there doing great things! Your drive and you ambition constantly inspire me. You've overcome so much and I feel honored to know you and that I've had the pleasure of being a part of some of your creative projects. Thank you so much <3

There's so much more I could say, but overall I'm just very thankful. So many of you have helped grow me and stretch me - provided me opportunities to learn and to try new things, and just have lots of fun. I'm so blessed.

Thank you, and thank you again. <3
Last edited by soundofmind on Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:54 am, edited 11 times in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:25 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Courage is found in unlikely places." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't know where to begin. I joined this site two years ago now, and I can't believe it's really been that long. When I found Young Writers Society, I was looking for kindred spirits. I didn't really know it. Indeed, I'd only begun writing, and all I sought was a place to find peer review.

Instead, I found a community. Nay - a family. Of all of you. Fellow writers. Nerds. Roleplayers. The weirdos, the strange ones, the geeks - all those things that make you, you. When I came I was alone. More alone than I'd ever been. And, for the first time, I found people who were like me.

Now, though many of you are halfway across the world, I realize I have friends, and I have people who like me for who I am, not who I pretend to be.

This year I became a Junior Mod and I found myself several new friends in the RP Realm (you know who you are ;) ). This YWS experience just keeps getting better and better and I absolutely cannot wait to see what 2019 will bring to it!

So, without further ado, let's start off this long list of shoutouts. Sorry that they're long and mushy, but it's well-deserved and Christmukkah is getting to me, gosh dang it.

@RavenLord: I don't even know where to begin. You were among the first people I found here on YWS. I believe we first encountered each other in the old Character Tea Party and without you, the Roleplay Geeks never would've existed, much less taken off. You answered my many random questions with patience and helpfulness. You've been a huge part of my life here, and I thank you for that. You're an amazing musician and writer, a supportive friend, and a damn fine Lord of the Ravens. I still won't forgive you for what you did to Sera, and to Gaius, and to Tomhas...but I'll look past it. Just this once. ;) Love ya, buddy.

@ChieRynn: I don't know if I met you or Raven first. You were both quite towards the beginning, that much I know. And Chie, you've been awesome. I couldn't believe it when I stumbled upon another bird nerd! Our numerous discussions about politics, beliefs, and opinions have been wholly enlightening and I think you're the first person I've found who's been raised so differently from I and yet I have so much in common with. You opened my eyes to things that I didn't understand. Now, I do, and I have you to thank for it. Aside from that, you're a great roleplay buddy and dude I love geeking out with you. You're unique and intelligent and you've got great integrity. Keep it up! <3

@Magestorrow: I'm the kind of person that's inherently terrified of other human beings, virtual or otherwise. Your welcome to the site and your patience in answering my numerous newb questions was so enormously helpful. So, first of all, I'd like to thank you for that. I feel like in that first year we didn't talk a whole lot aside from that but in the fine twelve months of 2018 I've come to consider you a close friend.
You're such a kind and compassionate soul, and you're the kind of person that brings a smile to everyone's face when you walk in the room. Well, digital room, at any rate, but I daresay that more than likely extends to your real life as well. Your characters continue to melt my heart. Keep up the good work, you sweet writer you!

@Tortwag: First, I apologize for the fact this is a bit orangey, the yellow-yellow is just impossible to read on this white, and this is illegible enough lol. I...don't even know where to start. Honestly. You've been an amazing friend and you're so talented I can't figure out how to begin. You've got a real way with words and your creativity is through the roof, not to mention your uncanny ability to figure people out and your gift with languages. That doesn't even start on the gaming and strategy end of things or your positively exquisite villain laugh. The list goes on.

You're even getting two paragraphs, apparently. You've done a lot for me, especially in this past year - you've made me a better writer with our collabs and your constant feedback. You've helped me through numerous life situations and pointed out to me where I could improve and where I've already got strengths. Beyond that, you've shown me that sometimes even things that you hate can be fun if you look at it the right way, like history! Thank you so much, for everything, Shellmaster Tortle. You're a pretty rad dude ;)

@SirenCymbaline: Bro, you rock. You're such a great artist and your writing style is super descriptive and gives you such great insight into the characters. And your characters. Oh man dude, they're so brilliant, especially Boris but OF COURSE I'm not picking favorites my favorite is Boris not sorry. I don't remember ever talking too much in the past but starting to rp with you was awesome and the more I get to know you the more I think you're an absolutely wonderful gal. From Vodquila to the Jungle Gym, you and your characters have wormed your way into my heart. I can't wait to see where this friendship will go.

@ChristenedPages: You're so extraordinary on so many levels, Pages! Not only are you a positively amazing rp buddy (I mean, Dami and Aury are pretty great at times, amiright?), but you're also such a nerd. In the best possible way, of course. I was, admittedly, a little surprised when I discovered that someone else had been banned from talking about disease symptoms and dissections at the dinner table! We haven't known each other all that long, though it feels like forever, and I SEEM TO FIND MYSELF REPEATING THINGS I'VE SAID BEFORE but you're such a talented individual. Though the only insight I have is the stories and the impromptu IC voice-chat, you're a very skilled actor, and you're also a crazy talented artist. Not to mention that Damascus is absolutely adorable. Because he is and you get points for that, darlin'. I mean, you get points for that, too! :D Can't wait to see what the new year will bring for our characters and our friendship.

@soundofmind: Joining the Outlands was honestly one of the best YWS decisions I made. Not only has it proven to be a great experience but I also feel like it was the biggest thing that lead me to you. And goodness gracious, am I glad for it. Can I just say that you're a really cool gal? That sounds cheesier than I meant it to lol. Not only are you an exemplary artist and writer, but you're also super sweet and kind. Collabing, rping, and talking with you have all been an absolute joy. Your characters are wonderfully fleshed out and all of them are an adorable lil' cinnamon roll in and of themselves. You've done a fine job with them, Sound, and I can't wait for what 2019 will bring for both us and for them.

Until next year, folks. I love you all!! <3

~Featherstone
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:28 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

*falls from ceiling*

Alright! I (kinda) remembered about this finally! xD I'm not gonna be eloquent or organized, but here we go c:

Alright, so 2018 achievements!
-first full year on yws c:
-became a Poetry mod
-finally committed to a long writing project (aka Blue Arrows) and am sticking with it! (7k!!)
-first NaPo and that was really fun and I was able to do more than 30 bad, unrevised poems

um and yeah I don't know what else xP

Some shout-outs:
@Carina I love chatting/derping/"writing" with you and I miss you so come back

@alliyah I absolutely love being a poetry mod with you and thank you for being so supportive of me <3

@thewholemodsquad <3

@idontknowhowtodoshoutoutssoeveryoneelsewhosimpactedmethisyearbecauseicantevenrememberwhathappenedyesterdayletalonethewholeyearlol thanks<3
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:30 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

claiming a spot because i have my post and it's only like ten words about four people so seems appropriate.
let's start running through the list. instead of my own words, let's go with a quote that represents each person in some odd way and makes the right connections in my mind.

alliyah:
what do you call an alligator in a vest?
an investigator.

blueafrica:
catholics? am i right or am i right?

cloud:
you’re a nice boi <3

concord:
that is just a cat's pajamas.

gringo:
infinity war is the worst war

kale:
grinning like a possum eating a sweet potato.

rosey:
ride a unicorn to work. sustainable sources.

scribs:
even a blind man on a galloping horse could see it.

silver:
it's always drugs. somehow, it's always drugs.

vervain:
morgan and morgan. for the people.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:32 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

First, let’s talk about 2018.

The year started off well. I finally hit my goal of 40,000 words and then I wrote even more and then I even finished my first draft! It was all very exciting for me. Over the summer I got the chance to go to Toronto and take part in a week long creative writing workshop at Humber School For Writing. I went to Vancouver and visited relatives whilst looking at university campuses. I took part in the school musical and that was really demanding but I loved having that schedule and the being apart of a cast felt really nice. There were some bad feelings about the musical and I wrote a poem called dust / waiting. I got my driver’s license. I got into a car wreck. I don’t talk about it that much except in passing. I feel like it’s something that didn’t really affect my life. I always thought if something like that happened to me it would greatly affect me but really it doesn’t feel like that big of a deal. It was a big deal though and when I talk to people about it they are shocked. When I was driving I was hit by a car on my passenger side. The car was speeding. I’m not sure how fast they were going but my car spun around and flipped onto its side. Miraculously, I was fine. I was pulled out of the car by a kind man and walked to the side of the road in a daze. I waited for my hearing to come back and for my parents to wake up and pick up the phone. It kind of feels like a dream to me now since I didn’t have much physical evidence of it other than the fact that my car was totaled and my neck slightly hurt. I met my friend @bluewaterlily this year in real life and it was so incredible. I’ve always wanted to be one of those people who has the chance to meet up with one of their online friends and I’m so happy I got that chance. Taylor has been there for me countless time and I’m so grateful for her kindness and consideration. She is genuinely the nicest person I have met. Sadly, when I look through my journal all I see is “I’m tired” and “I wasn’t very productive today.” This year, like last year, was a failure in the self love department.

Now let’s talk about the goals I set for myself last New Years.

Spoiler! :
I want to finish a book, not just the first draft but actually finish and refine a book

I did finish the first draft of my novel. I didn’t finish the second draft like I hoped but I have been working and I am proud of the progress I have made. It’s hard for me to say that. I was really bummed out at the fact that I didn’t get the chance to fully complete this goal.
I want to start a new writing project

Because I didn’t complete my first goal, I didn’t get a chance to complete this one.
I want to stop wondering if I'm good enough for people and instead wonder if they're good enough for me.

I have grown closer to some of my school friends but I think I’m also very much in the mentality of a senior in high school that is about to graduate and change schools (and countries). I also put up with a lot of crap this year that I didn’t necessarily needed to. It wasn’t as bad as 2017 but it wasn’t as good about it could be.
I want to create and stick to a solid exercise routine. I've started doing yoga and running but I want to really refine my routine.

Hahahahahaha
I want to learn more Korean.

Sadly I fell out of my studying and never got back into it.
I want to keep up my habit of doing well in school.

I have been studying really hard this year! I really brought up my GPA and my grades have been all As except for one B+.
I want to try and get into university

The “trying” has been happening but I’m not done with all my applications and I won’t hear back from universities until Spring most likely.
I want to learn to drive. I mean I already know how, but I want to get on the road with other cars. I want independence. I want to go on road trips alone but also with friends.

I did get my license but because of my car crash there was a while where I didn’t have a car and I haven’t been able to drive around with friends.
I want to get a job and make money, money, moneyyyyyyy!

I didn’t have time to get a job. Also when I did try to get a job no one called me in for an interview sooooo...
check non-school email more often

I get it everyday so yay look at me go
stay organized

Sure I guess I did this
And lastly, I want to love myself. I think this year I finally understood that life is a process of learning and I had thought that I have mastered the art of self love but that was naive of me. I will continue to change and as I change I will have to continue to learn how to love myself. I loved myself for who I was yesterday, but I want to love myself for who I am today and who I will be tomorrow.

I’m still learning and growing and struggling.

“Even if I'm slow I will walk with my own feet, because I know this path is mine to take, I will never lose my dream.”

I want to begin 2019 with a quote. This is from my favorite band BTS whose music has been there for me countless times. I really adore these seven guys.

The goals I have for 2019 are:
• To have more balance in my life
• To be kinder to myself
• To not doubt myself
• To work hard in all areas of my life
• To get into university
• To write maintain hobbies like quilting, knitting, and learning Korean
• To read at least ten books
• To not push people away
• To live in the present
Last edited by Charm on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:05 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

2018 was a... hard year. But there were some positives shining on the negatives, and I'm going to take the positive energy into 2019 <3

Life Things

- I went to Spain (by myself!) over the summer. My first country! I pushed my boundaries, made two great friends, and learned some more Spanish.
- I discovered poke bowls, aka one of the best foods to ever exist.
- I've started making a little money babysitting.
- I found a yoga class that I am loving so much.
- I opened up my Etsy shop!

YWS Things

- I became a Squills editor! Thanks to all my Squills peeps for making Squills the best <3
- I posted one chapter of my novel (such an accomplishment...)
- I opened a review thread!
- I've started reading some fabulous novels and I've read SO much good poetry this year.

Thank you to everyone here who has made YWS one of my 2018 positives, and here's to many more!
Last edited by EternalRain on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:43 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

wow okay. so this has been a crazy, crazy year. There have been ups and downs and YWS has been there for me through it all. Just wanted to shout out to a few people.

@BlueAfrica - Classic movies. Enough said. Seriously, I love you and I hope to see The Chosen Grandma on a bookshelf one day.

@Holysocks - <333

@Lauren2010 - Lauren I love you so much.

@Magestorrow - I'm so glad I got to meet you this year and storybook with you. You're such a delight to be around and I know you're going to go on to do amazing things.

@Mea - You're such a delight and deserve the world and I hope you have an amazing time in college. I know you will.

@Sonder - I know we don't know each other that well but your art of Alex and Jay is AMAZING and I've been using it for everything. You seem really sweet and I hope we get to talk more going forward!

@StellaThomas - <33

@soundofmind - Sound, I love you so so much and every time I see anything related to Elizabeth Taylor I always think of you. She was a cool lady but you are too and I hope you don't ever change. Seriously, you're so talented it's unfair. And a pretty awesome person too.

@Rydia - You've been a guiding force in my life, in more ways than you know, and I've been really appreciative that we've got to be co crew-leaders. Maybe one day we'll go on an adventure for real. <3

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:33 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Wow, this is actually the first time I have a spot on the first page. Now there's a YWS accomplishment. :P Anyway, I'm never sure what to say in this so I guess I'll just babble about 2018 a bit. Personally, it was a year of a lot of changes, but they were mostly positive. I ended one seasonal job on good terms and got a new position that is meant to be a more long-term assignment. I'm still looking for other opportunities, but I'm pretty happy at work overall. July was a pretty busy month, as I was the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding and my sister and I moved out of my parent's house into an apartment. It's nice being on my own again, though adulting is hard sometimes. :P I also went to a high-school reunion in November. It's super weird to realize I graduated ten years ago, as sometimes I still feel like that insecure angsty teenager.

YWS-wise, I was actually not as active for most of the year. I attempted NaPo, but I wasn't super motivated and ended up not finishing. Still, I got some good poems out of it that I really ought to take a second look at. I made the last-minute decision to attempt LMS again with my poem/story project. It went pretty well for a while, but I lost motivation a while back and now I'm not sure if I want to get back into it or bury it for good.

I really came back around August, re-greening in September. I did 50 reviews for RevMo, doing at least one review a day. I earned another red star and took the #13 spot on the All-Time review leaderboards. I'm also making my way to the KOTGR unicorn, with over 400 reviews so far. I also accomplished a goal on YWS's birthday radio show, calling in with a melodramatic reading of my first poem.

It's awesome to see how much the site has grown since I first joined the little forum 14 years ago. We've always had such an awesome community of writers. I might do specific shoutouts later, but for now I'd like to shout out to all of you awesome members keeping the site alive, hopefully for many years to come! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm
View Likes
fishsashimi says...

*sploot*

2018 in Review~

My Accomplishments:

- I joined Squills!
- I started my own column (which i need to work on xD)!
- I actually joined YWS!
- I participated in NaPo and did my best to complete it!
- I joined KotGR!
- I got two review stars!
- I found my calling for poetry!

Shoutouts:
@Ravenlord @elisabet @GodHatesShane some of the first people i met on YWS and they really helped me find my way around!

@zaminami hilarious boi

@Saen always so kind and welcoming!

I'll add to this later~
wheeee~

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

*Falls in like a ninja* Salutations everyone! *Claims spot*
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster