Young Writers Society

Patchwork Products

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Greetings esteemed customer!

You've probably wandered in her looking for some new... accessories for your profile. Maybe you need a banner to reflect your identity a bit better? Or maybe you want a wallpaper that's "just right"? Or maybe your avatar feels old and dated? Or maybe you want a map for that spy scene of your novel, or a fantasy world map to bring your world to life?

Well, look no further! We here at the Patchwork system will make your profile's aesthetic look as good as new! With a graphics design certificate under our belt, and the creative input of six people in one body (seventh is dormant), we are sure to help you with whatever your heart desires.

Prices

Our prices are determined by the time it takes to do the job, but the general rates are as follows:
-Banners- 40-70 points

-Wallpapers- 100-150 points

-Maps- 150-300 points (depending on the level of detail you want)

How to Order

Are you interested? Well, then just copy the below list, and fill it in! Payment is only required once you, the customer, are satisfied with the work (however, we will be checking up to see that you aren't using the work you didn't pay for ;-) )

Code: Select all
[b][u]Product-[/u][/b]
[b][u]General Aesthetic-[/u][/b]
[b][u]Any Specifics-[/u][/b]
[b][u]Any wording-[/u][/b]
[b][u]Any other details you can think of-[/u][/b] (the more detail/specifics you provide, the more we can do for you)

(Only for Maps)

Code: Select all
[b][u]Genre-[/u][/b] (fantasy, sci-fi, noir, etc.)
[b][u]Style-[/u][/b] (hand-drawn/colour-drawn/computer-software)
[b][u]Size-[/u][/b]
[b][u]General "must-haves"-[/u][/b]
[b][u]Landmarks/important features-[/u][/b]
[b][u]Anything you deem important-[/u][/b](the more detail you give, the more detail we can put in)

If you have any questions or orders, please post in this thread :-)
Last edited by ThePatchworkPilgrims on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:58 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hi there! Do you have any samples of your past work (particularly of maps) that I could look at?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

62 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:20 pm
View Likes

Hey @Elinor! Here we have three examples of fantasy maps we've drawn in the past (one is hand-drawn, another using computer software we purchased, and the third for an alt-history story we wrote) We do smaller, city-scale maps and so on as well, but our scanner is at work now, so we can't upload an example of all our styles/genres

Also note- We had to downsize all of these images (since they were over 2MB big), so some of the details may be lost (when we make maps for someone, we'll provide the full HD image in a separate link)

(Hand-drawn. Not our best work, but we don't have a more recent hand-drawn example on our laptop. We've redrawn this map thrice since scanning this one in
Spoiler! :
Scan0001.jpg

(Computer software. Don't mind some of the weird nation names XD)
Spoiler! :
Map.jpg

(Another computer-drawn map. Alt-history)
Spoiler! :
maaaap.png

(Another alt-history we made for someone else. We designed all the maps and crests and stuff ourself)
Spoiler! :
mappa.png

We'll add more examples of our other map styles when we get the chance to scan some in at work ;-) We also do sci-fi (so like star systems, galaxies, etc), noir, and getting into steampunk/dieselpunk/cyberpunk
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:37 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

@ThePatchworkPilgrims These are awesome! I will definitely be ordering one. Allow me some time to fill out the application and I will get back to you.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:03 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@ThePatchworkPilgrims, all right I'm ready to order.

If you do a great job with this I may be interested in using it to promote my film, so we can have a discussion in that case about how to properly assign credit. Let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions since the first time I'm requesting something like this, as well as a quote!

Looking forward. Is it possible to do hand-drawn, but color? Let me know-- a lot of maps from this time WERE hand-drawn so the computer aesthetic isn't quite right but I would like it to be in color.

--

Product- Map
General Aesthetic- Vintage/National Parks/1960s
Any Specifics-
Any wording- “Eagle Rock Campground and Recreation Area, Rocky Mountain National Park” with “Eagle Rock Campground and Recreation Area” being in big colorful letters and “Rocky Mountain National Park” being in smaller wording directly below.
Genre- Historical/Realistic Fiction (our everyday world, but 1971)
Style- Color-drawn
Size- Not sure, however big it needs to be to appropriately detailed
General "must-haves"-
* Everything listed below, plus a few extras
* Would be nice to surround everything by forest and maybe say “To Rocky Mountain National Park”
* A compass
Landmarks/important features-
* Miner’s Point, up on some kind of mountain/hill, 5 miles away from the main camp away from the main camp
* A “x inches= 1 mile” scale near the bottom (I imagine the whole camp is ~20 square miles)
* A general store/gas station and cafe near a main highway
* A vistor’s center and laundromat further up further up
* A large lake
* A mountain shaped like an Eagle
* ~35 Camping sites in and around the foot of the mountain
* ~15 Cabins closer to the mountain and by the lake
* Forest at the edges
* A few fork/knive for food and restroom signs scattered throughout/where appropriate
Anything you deem important-(the more detail you give, the more detail we can put in)
* Let me know if you have any clarifying questions. I’m attaching a few examples so you can see what mean
* General campground: https://pelland.com/images/site_maps/Mo ... 495_85.jpg
* Artsier campground: https://www.wakedacampground.com/mapimage/Wakedamap.jpg
* A few vintage maps
* https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... rd-map.jpg
* https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... qfOBCEyQrM
* https://images-cdn.auctionmobility.com/ ... eight=1000

-- Walt Disney

62 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:38 pm
View Likes

Thank you for your order, @Elinor :-) We will get on it as soon as we have free time (just have a few priorities that jumped up in the last two days to sort out first).
We'll contact you if we have any other questions (and the same applies if you have anything you want to ask/add)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac