Mage's Art Commissions

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage's Art Commissions

Hello there! This is a thread for requesting simplistic character designs. I admittedly can't draw too many poses, and backgrounds definitely aren't my forte. If you want something more complicated, you'll want to check out other commission threads. But if you're like me and want something to help you visualize your characters, my art's probably what you're looking for!

I draw traditional art, so my drawings are a combination of pencil sketches, marker outlines, and colored pencil. I can color backgrounds with colored pencils or leave them white, but chances are I won't be able to draw very detailed backgrounds outside of what I just mentioned.

You can see some examples of it over on my Tumblr, but there's also an example of one of the more complicated poses I've done down in the spoiler below:

Spoiler! :

Commission Types + Pricing

Head Shots

-> Sketch - 100 points
    -> Lineart + Color - 150 points

Half-Body

-> Sketch - 150 points
    -> Lineart + Color - 200 points

Full-Body

-> Sketch - 250 points
    -> Lineart + Color - 350 points

All of these prices apply to one character. If you commission a second character, you'll have to pay the same price you would for that character as if they're own - basically, you just add the prices together. (So two full-body sketches would cost 500 points together!)

Please send me the points before I start drawing - I won't start working on your commission until I get them.

As a few other final notes:

-> I can't draw age well, so I'll likely be able to draw your older and child characters just the way you're envisioning them.
    -> I can't do animals, but I can do people with animal features!
    -> The way I draw clothes is usually pretty simplistic, unless I get some kind of reference ahead of time.
    -> Please use the form down below when requesting a commission!

I've never done commissions before, so I currently can't give a definite date that I'll have your commission done by. But it'll likely only take me two weeks max to do it. If you haven't heard back from me by then, send me a PM and I'll get right on it. :)

I'm currently taking three commissions, but I'll definitely open it up again once I finish those three!

Edit: Here's the form!

Code: Select all
[b]Commission Type/Price:[/b]
[b]References/Description:[/b] Please include any references you have here - and delete this message when you do. If you don't have any photos as references, or they don't cover everything you want me to draw, just give me a detailed description instead. :)
[b]Pose:[b] What do you want their arms to be doing?
[b]Other:[/b] Is there anything else I should include in the drawing?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:21 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Hello! I find your drawing very cute so here I am. c:

Commission Type/Price: Full body -> Lineart + Color - 350 points.
References/Description: His name is Will Winchester. :p Curly red hair, green eyes, lanky, tall, few freckles on his nose/cheeks. Is wearing a t-shirt and trousers (any color will do, I don't mind much).
Pose: I don't really mind!

Lemme know if you need any other information!! :)
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's good for now, but I'll let you know if I have any questions, @Liberty!

(Also, don't forget to send the points for the commission to me. :))
mage

queer and here.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:55 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Hi !! I love your drawings (those eyes <3) and I would love a visual of one of my characters! This is for my character Lila. :)

Commission Type/Price: Fullbody - Line art + color
References/Description: Alrighty so I don't have a clear image in my head what she looks like ahah so I'm pretty open! She's 14, got darkish brown hair, about to her chin/maybe a bit longer. Brown eyes, pale/rosy skin, and a small smile would be great! I've currently been using this drawings as references: This and this. I don't really mind what she's wearing- simple pants and a shirt is fine, or a simple dress, maybe neutral colors or any colors that go well with the color scheme! She does have a pink bracelet on her wrist and I would love for her to be wearing boots, if that's possible (like the ones in your example!).
b]Pose: Hands in pockets/behind her is fine! Or a small little wave!
[b]Other:
I don't think so!! Let me know if this is all ok and I can send the points ^^
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That looks great to me, @EternalRain! I'll let you know if anything comes to mind through PMs when I'm actually drawing her, but I should be good for now. :)

As quick heads up for anyone who requests a commission in this thread - I'm currently spending almost all of today and some of tomorrow at an online writing conference, so I won't be able to get the commissions done for a few days.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Liberty and @EternalRain, your commissions are done! They're down in the spoiler down below - I hope you like them. :)

They didn't come out exactly as I had wanted them to, but hopefully they still fit what you had in mind.

Spoiler! :
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:01 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Oh my gosh, he looks so cute. x3 Thank you!!
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You're welcome! I'm glad you like him. <3
mage

queer and here.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

She looks wonderful Mage!! Thank you so much!
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You're welcome! :)
mage

queer and here.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Hey! I would like a half body, lineart and cover, for a 200 pts. this is for my character Seja!

Description:black jeans, a white shirt with a gray hoodie, black boots, and a silver nose piercing. she has long black hair that covers her eyes a little bit, and very pale skin. any pose is fine, but just make it more of an introvert kinda pose, if that makes any sense :D

Thanks!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for the commission, @LordMomo! I'm not sure how long it'll take me to draw it thanks to school having started again, but I'll try my best to get that drawing done soon!

Also, I'll probably be closing this thread down for a bit after I finish that commission - I'm not sure I really have the time to be consistently drawing for this.
mage

queer and here.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am
View Likes
momonster says...

Alright that's fine! I'm sad you won't be drawing anymore, but unfortunately, school is important!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway